Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

How Can I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I (1332 Views)

Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? / Pray Without Ceasing / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I by zilon12(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2012
t
Re: How Can I by Ahasuerus: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
God listens in spite of the voices in your head. Just keep at it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I by logicboy: 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ahasuerus: God listens in spite of the voices in your head. Just keep at it.

Lies. There is no God. You are just praying to thin air.
Re: How Can I by go4value(m): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
@op.........wen u have headache,y do u take tablets...........if u can answer then iv taken care of ur question.tx
Re: How Can I by Areaboy2(m): 12:19am On Jun 11, 2012
back in my first year in uni, was in a scripture union group and the message was. "pray like it all depends on praying and study like it all depends on studying" it worked well for a while until i forgot to pray at all and my performance was still thesame lol.

basically, it is a mental thing. what you believe in works for you ( ooops cheesy )
Re: How Can I by zilon12(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Lies. There is no God. You are just praying to thin air.
what is that supposed to mean?
Re: How Can I by logicboy: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2012
zilon12: what is that supposed to mean?

Ask any christian or religious person you know, if God talks to them and what God sounds like to them whether he has a yoruba or igbo accent.

You are praying to thin air
Re: How Can I by zilon12(m): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:

Ask any christian or religious person you know, if God talks to them and what God sounds like to them whether he has a yoruba or igbo accent.

You are praying to thin air
you must be an unbeliever
Re: How Can I by Areaboy2(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
zilon12: you must be an unbeliever

hahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahaha.. there are some things money cant buy!!! priceless
Re: How Can I by logicboy: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
zilon12: you must be an unbeliever

Err? Why stating the obvious?
Re: How Can I by manmustwac(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
Area_boy: back in my first year in uni, was in a scripture union group and the message was. "pray like it all depends on praying and study like it all depends on studying" it worked well for a while until i forgot to pray at all and my performance was still thesame lol.

basically, it is a mental thing. what you believe in works for you ( ooops cheesy )
It's as if something at the back of your mind is telling you that your just talking to yourself. If you can't pray with confidence why bother? Try a different strategy to get what you want or need
Re: How Can I by Zodiac61(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
zilon12: It may sound funny but for me it has been a trend for over a decade now, each time I pray, voices in my head keep echoing things like "are you sure that God will listen to someone like you?". As a result my prayer life is really faulty, I keep wondering how prayer warriors manage to maintain their zeal to pray everytime
It is time to come out. You really are an atheist.
Welcome brother grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I by zilon12(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
Zodiac61:
It is time to come out. You really are an atheist.
Welcome brother grin grin grin grin grin grin
no I am not. Atheism is a religion on its own, I dont think I can be part of it
Re: How Can I by Areaboy2(m): 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
manmustwac: It's as if something at the back of your mind is telling you that your just talking to yourself. If you can't pray with confidence why bother? Try a different strategy to get what you want or need

that was in my year 1 mate (2001). i've long become an atheist undecided
Re: How Can I by Dimples316(f): 1:48am On Jun 12, 2012
Honesty will strengthen your relationship with God and He is concerned about the sincerity of our hearts. So next time you pray tell Him the truth about your doubts, thoughts & feelings.

He won't stop loving you because you some times doubt,tell Him and then ask Him to help you grow out of it, and ask Him to build your trust & faith in Him.

He knows every thought even before we voice it so just go ahead speak with Him about it

1 Like

Re: How Can I by ZUBY77(m): 4:42am On Jun 12, 2012
@Op... No need fighting the obvious. You are probably an intelligent persom. You have started asking yourself some questions and the answers are also there in you. You are a born atheist just like some of us. Just like someone said, if it works for you, follow it and stop decieving yourself. The only thing that is holding you back is the fear of hell or the hope of heaven.. As soon as you realize that none of those places exist, you will drop your prayer book and face the reality.
Re: How Can I by thehomer: 5:11am On Jun 12, 2012
zilon12: It may sound funny but for me it has been a trend for over a decade now, each time I pray, voices in my head keep echoing things like "are you sure that God will listen to someone like you?". As a result my prayer life is really faulty, I keep wondering how prayer warriors manage to maintain their zeal to pray everytime

And so it begins.
Prayer warriors are just people who deceive themselves. If you like, you can test the effectiveness of prayer in several ways.

(1) (Reply)

I AM CHALLENGING EVERY CHRISTIAN TO ASK HIM/HER SELF THESE QUESTIONS / How Does A Misplaced Or Lost Money Belong To The Church??? / 4 Facts About Spiritual Warfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.