Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari (9596 Views)

Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 / South-East Governors Meet Over 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by youngies(m): 6:55am On Jun 11, 2012
Former head of state and 2011 presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammadu Buhari has clarified his position over his recent comment on the 2015 general elections, saying he was misinterpreted.

Buhari, who spoke in Hausa while addressing members of the CPC from Niger State last month, was reported as having said that the 2015 elections would be bloody if they were not transparent.

While receiving the CPC delegation from Bauchi State in Kaduna yesterday, however, Buhari said that his statement was perceived and translated in different ways by the opposition.

He said, "First of all, I m going to speak in Hausa language, because most of the people here understand the language. And those who wish to comment negatively against the actual truth should better mind their business because our people would respond to whatever they say.

"I'm happy that our legal adviser, Malam Abubakar Malami (SAN), is here to hear what the people from Bauchi came to say at this particular time.

"Each time people ask me to run, I keep telling them to hold on because we have a lot to do at various levels."

He made reference to his earlier statement: "When the people of Niger State came, we entered my room with their Exco to discuss some issues; there were some people that used that opportunity and followed without the party Exco inviting them.

"They were on their own, they chartered buses and came, so I had to come out and address them at the premises of my house and I spoke to them in Hausa language. And I reminded them of what the opposition did to us in 2003 ,2007and 2011 where we follow our case up to the Supreme Court for the final verdict.

"So one day in the future, if you the youth, your own children and grandchildren asked you why the country was allowed to rotten, you would have evidence to tell them that we followed our mandate from the lower court up to the Supreme Court.

"In that statement, I also told them how we were treated, including the elections in Kogi, Adamawa, Sokoto and other by-elections.
"I said, instead of the government to do the right thing, to do justice, they refused. So in the by-election in Igabi constituency of Kaduna State, the opposition all converged including their members in the House of Representatives and state Assembly, and did 'Kare jini Biri jini', meaning 'Each side had struggled hard to win'.

"And we won they had no option except to give us that seat. They had to give us our mandate. That is all I said. And I also said that, in 2015, they should go and tell their people: each polling unit must be Igabi. That is all I said because we had followed all the necessary steps legally but they did not do justice to us.

"They even said people can't do anything; after all, they claimed to work for the people. If they are representing the people's interest, how about the pension? People had served the country and have retired but were denied their pension. Pensioners are dying but they refused to pay them their entitlements, just a few people ganged up and diverted the money to their private accounts."

To the party members, the former head of state said: "We must be united and work as a team. And what happened in Bauchi, Kano, Sokoto and other states... despite knowing full well that these states are our stronghold, they brought confusion to the extent that those officials in acting capacity in our party had to come out and contest the general elections.

"In Katsina State when the party was thrown into confusion, they had to come together and win. They decided who got what.

"It does not matter if I decide to live in Kaduna or move to Katsina and allow party loyalists with problem of leadership. Our manifesto is to take care of our people, stop corruption and indiscipline.''

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1746-i-was-misinterpreted-over-2015-comment--buhari
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by werepeLeri: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2012
Always mis interpreted.
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Jakumo(m): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2012
Not to worry, a well-aimed Hellfire missile launched from an overhead Predator drone will resolve all of Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden's "misinterpretations" once and for all.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by BetaThings: 10:56am On Jun 11, 2012
Jakumo: Not to worry, a well-aimed Hellfire missile launched from an overhead Predator drone will resolve all of Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden's "misinterpretations" once and for all.
Be careful what you wish for
People often strategise, start and end wars on their computer
But implementing them in real life is different
Ask Saddam, Yamamoto and Hitler
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Jakumo(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2012
Relax. There is a WORLD of difference between vermin extermination and war. Nobody will raise a finger to fight anyone else if that horrid little gremlin is dispatched off to meet his 72 virgins. On the contrary, there will be widespread jubilation in Nigheria if this urgent task is carried out.
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Beaf: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2012
So Buhari has started telling lies in public too? shocked

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Jakumo(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2012
All con-men and thieves generally remain convinced that they are way smarter than everyone else, and as such they will say some of the most comical things, with a straight face. If that muffugh Buhari is getting scared of the Bear in the Air, well he should be, since his days alive are numbered.

Its VIRGIN TIME ha ha ha

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by kaiter: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
There is a WORLD of difference between vermin extermination and war. Nobody will raise a finger to fight anyone else if that horrid little gremlin is dispatched off to meet his 72 virgins. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by inspirenet: 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf: So Buhari has started telling lies in public too? shocked

really
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
Old Soldier, "Best President Naija never had"

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
To the party members, the former head of state said: "We must be united and work as a team. And what happened in Bauchi, Kano, Sokoto and other states... despite knowing full well that these states are our stronghold

"stronghold" as in Boko Haram activities? grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by fesse(f): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf: So Buhari has started telling lies in public too? shocked

You took the words out my mouth.

I wonder why this dude (Buhari) is not consistent. I guess his personal allah directed him to lie and increased his virgins.

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
fesse:

I wonder why this dude (Buhari) is not consistent. I guess his personal allah directed him to lie and increased his virgins.
You must been sick for supporting mentally derangeeed Beaf.....

Never you in your pathetic life i mean Never!!! Make a joke out of the Virgin fin.. angry

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by OluBendel: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to explain yourself General.even if your statements are bound to be misinterpreted oft. You are a great man and a fantastic patriot.but you need to seriously step up on public relations; dissociate yourself from and vehemently call the fanatic boko haram up north to order; No doubt it will be a mountain climb to dislodge pdp from power, but you must seriously start to build genuine bridges accross ethnic, regional and religious divides. It would not be a bad thing to hear you speak a little yoruba,bo or edo, much as you love to be heard in your native hausa language attend some other religions services once in a while,much as you love your religion.You are well loved by the masses up the north (12 million votes is no kids play) but many youths middle belt and down south are supsicious of your motives(am not excluded), mostly because the elites (many of whom cannot win elections fairly in their family meetings) in our society dont want you near power for your puritan beliefs and values, Thus they most often call you names,misrepresent your person, rain down on you, try to wear you down for all they can, thus consiously and unconsiously shapening the opinions of many. You just have to bend a little and be adaptive if you are genuinely keen on getting power from the hawks in the the status quo. Wish you well in your aspirations for a better Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Gombs(m): 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
I liked the way Rueben Abati described him "A serial looser" (i stand to be corrected)...Abeg let him run again so that i can have a laugh...I'd give him kudos for he has a way of sounding pathetic...This kind,he's the victim and that's he's 9ja's only realistic messiah...The slimy northern terror brigade commander

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by lateef4me(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Is this garrulous man not tired of speaking at his age ? Always receiving boko haram foot soldiers who disguised as CPC delegates ?
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by bisiaet: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
Can you hear him? Ever in his life he always cry of one thing or the other. He has never talk and not misinterpreted. Buhari must have something to say or cry about one thing or the other.

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by decrox199(m): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
D̶̲̥̅̊ media sud stop gvn ds beat audience.....m tired of hearing hm spk uneccessarily...must he talk?

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by wysenas(m): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
I pity Nigerians,so una get ears and no dey hear.una get eyes but no dey see.very soon will know who is behind BH.
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by jmaine: 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
His account sounds weird and totally different . . . .Who is lying, Buhari or the Press who heard him undecided . . . . .
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
Sorry, this man is not useful to Nigeria as a nation. There are better things to do than listening to somebody who said he's misinterpreted. Jeez!

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by mabcos: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
fesse:

...... WHEN WILL U & D LIKES REALISE SOME REASONABLE PERSONS ALSO VIEW THIS PAGES? LEARN HOW TO PUT RELIGION ASIDE AS U POST UR TRASHES AGAINST ANYBODY BECAUSE OF SOME UNAVIODABLE SPIRITUAL MISHARPS. ITS A LAST WARNING!!!.
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by gregg2: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Who cares?
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by mathskill: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2012

2 Likes

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by mabcos: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
Gombs: I liked the way Rueben Abati described him "A serial looser" (i stand to be corrected)...Abeg let him run again so that i can have a laugh...I'd give him kudos for he has a way of sounding pathetic...This kind,he's the victim and that's he's 9ja's only realistic messiah...The slimy northern terror brigade commander
U laugh right in d middle of a faillure? then u'll never learn. 4 d whole of d middle beltants, we've learnt alot.
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by maasoap(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
Jakumo: All con-men and thieves generally remain convinced that they are way smarter than everyone else, and as such they will say some of the most comical things, with a straight face. If that muffugh Buhari is getting scared of the Bear in the Air, well he should be, since his days alive are numbered.

Its VIRGIN TIME ha ha ha
Can't you people comment without insulting people, without insulting their believe? It is purely childish and irresponsible of you. But it's when you people lose sense of logic reasoning and presentation that you result to personal attack in verbal form. Well, many of you are at the state of confusion.

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by maasoap(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
fesse:

Some men lack sense of decency here on nairaland, and you as a woman who is supposed to be virtue be it online or anywhere is also displaying the same trait. You're a disgrace to womanhood.

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
maasoap: Some men lack sense of decency here on nairaland, and you as a woman who is supposed to be virtue be it online or anywhere is also displaying the same trait. You're a disgrace to womanhood.
That is an oppression. Stop infringing on the right of a woman to speak. Stop bashing womanhood!

1 Like

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by maasoap(m): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
Gombs: I liked the way Rueben Abati described him "A serial looser" (i stand to be corrected)...Abeg let him run again so that i can have a laugh...I'd give him kudos for he has a way of sounding pathetic...This kind,he's the victim and that's he's 9ja's only realistic messiah...The slimy northern terror brigade commander
Tell Mr Abati to come out and test his own popularity. How many times has he contested for political office? Abati is a dog that eats what the PDP he criticized for many years vomit.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by fortyfeet(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
someone help! in the days of the military, IBB sacred BUHARI out of office, and now he wants the same office. won't IBB come after him again he had better wait until IBB dies. i don talk my own.
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by StarrMatthieu: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
look good
Re: I Was Misinterpreted Over 2015 Comment — Buhari by StarrMatthieu: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) / Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference / Boko Haram Kills Seven In Madagali, Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.