Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? (42700 Views)

What Are The Consequences Of Improper Resignation? / Have You Ever Thought Of Working In Shell Or Chevron?? / Benefits Of Working With Sweet Sensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 12, 2012
U are ur friend's problem cos a secret remains a secret when it is btw u and ur God for u to av brot it to nl u av told many ppl perhaps u have shown d guy to people self so the guy is no more safe so its now saver for him to resign b4 its too late

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by kennytidistar(m): 9:47am On Jun 12, 2012
e be like say na you use that masqurade ooo ha! omota nie just open cyber cafe with your money and resign shap shap. otherwise witch go reason your matter oooo.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by mapet: 10:26am On Jun 12, 2012
I tot you started well, then you veered off and joined the crew of NLrs without integrity and morals.

First off, let's call it what it is, the guy is simply a fraud. I think we should lay off this sentiments that he has the skills, what skills? can program/code? can fix parts and do networking? what skill will a supposed fresh-grad have that cannot be cascaded to near nothing in the corporate world.

In my days in IT, I've had to lead a lot of talented young men and women fresh from school. They come with so much talent and tell even we the seeming veterans new things. That is good, but they still needed to be refined, mentored and coached. I have seen a lot of talented fresh-grads and my nephew who is in his Final year in Babcock is another. So this excuse that he has skills is nothing but plain rubbish.

Now to the OP, let me give you some piece of advise;
1. First off, I think you've already answered the lingering question yourself before bringing it on NL.
2. Quit listening to pps on NL with no morals telling you he should continue with the job, Nigeria is too Certificate oriented, he has the necessary skill etc. 90% of these guys have not been in a corporate environment before, most of still struggling with JAMB, NECO etc as can be assessed by the way they type
3. What a foolish thinking, that private sectors don't check! OMG some of you guys are funny. Running background checks is a standard verification proceedure. It's simple a letter to the school claimed is all that is necessary. It could even be written by the press. My wife, once had to report the head office, after HR called her. What happened you may ask? Nigerian Law School did not respond to the request her office sent to verify her qualifications. A Manager left my company to join another company as Finance Controller. His profile was put in the media and was contrary to what we had in our records.......your guess is as good as mine, the guy was out of the job a week later
4. Why will your friend take a place of someone who duly and painstakingly went through the process to get the certificate? There are graduates out there who are qualified for the job; YOUR FRIEND IS NOT QUALIFIED. His stated frustration is unfounded and baseless. Why would he in the first place be vieing for a job that stated first degree as the prerequisite?

My advise is simple.
1. Your friend is a fraud. The laws are clear, he can be procecuted and be jailed.
2. Tell him his living on borrowed times and will be found out.
3. HE SHOULD RESIGN WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. Some companies will not be so soft, his company on discovery may hand him over to the police

linearity: The deed is already done! It really does not make any difference if he reported himself or quit the job or if the company finds out later. He is a certificate forger and obtained employment under false pretense. It will be fool-header to report himself to the company now.

My advice is, he should continue his studies and ensure that the study is in line with his forged university degree. Let him pray so that he is lucky....let him shut his mouth. Telling even close friends is a big big big mistake. Let him also pray that the company does not hire another employee who actually graduated from that same university and read that course/year or who would be familiar with some1 that graduated that year.

Once he obtain his degree from the private studies, the best course is to look for another job with the new degree and quit his current job.

Apart from some oil companies and other large companies, majority of companies in Nigeria do not check with your school or NYSC...most of them request for the NYSC certificate just to comply with federal government laws.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by mapet: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2012
Stop spewing rubbish. Unfortunately in your quest to sound intelligent, you're just turning logic on its head effortlessly.

Pray, tell me, how many of all the Ogas in the Multinational Oil Companies (that's even if you're familiar with one, beyond what pictures you see on newspapers and net) have you seen their certificate? In fact I may be stressing your faculty......name 5 MD's of IOC's and tell me their qualification(s)

My advise is that don't dabble into what you know NOTHING about, because further attempt to do so gives you away.

PortHarcourtBoy: If you scrutinize the credentials of all the big Ogas for the Multinational Oil companies operating in Naija...You go find out sey more than 90% of them na OND and Certifications dem get...Just that dem dey fortunate to get jab those days wey jab sara everywhere

Now dem don block road for the younger generation of graduates from gaining employment by making age and some worthless degree a criteria...

Omo if you fit beat the corrupt system and possess your possession...Omo nothing do you...

Afterall na for only Naija wey two wrongs dey make a right...
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by livingstoneony(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2012
R u a snitch?!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by mapet: 11:11am On Jun 12, 2012
R u a fraud?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by davades(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2012
brainpulse: The consequence is more farther than the implications of today. Monies realised from this unholy venture could have adverse effect on the individual and also when such money is used to train up a child, you know the result. We contend with a lot of things, which more are as a result of our past wrong doing and we blame it on house hold enemies. We can try to reason it out with the excuse of the situation of the coutry, funny enough the same guy will course and abuse the leaders for currupt system but forgetting that he is a partaker of those destroying the system.
With is hard work and experience he could have secured a good employment in some company that values experience more than certificate (some expert establishments) without presenting a fake result. Let him confess and beg for mercy, then suggest he would resign because he had repented, he could be favoured who knows, rather than being disgraced and have a long life dent on his personalty.

Bro I think this should serve as an example for other employer that most times its not d pali (certificate) dt matters...there r best brain out there with low CGPA dt can perform!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by rasputinn(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2012
This crime is more rampant in Nigeria today than most people imagine.My wife was flipping through the pages of a newsmagazine some years ago and saw a photo profile of the management of a top multinational and someone that grew up in her estate that went to a polytechnic at that time,wrote in her profile that she attended a University at that time and graduated from the University at the same time she was supoosed to be in the polytechnic.You tell me where she got the university certificate she used to fool that organisation.
Ever heard of Oluwole of old and Otigba of recent
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by typist: 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
amtheone, you have a good heart to share this here. I want to let you know that some people do things ignorantly because of d situations they found ourselves in. For him to v taken that step in the 1st place, am sure he got frustrated. Whatever situation or circumstances that a man faces in life, i want to tell you that if God's favour is not there, one can NEVER succeed, even if one fake his result, if God say u will not get the job, there is nothing u can do.
The mistake has been done. My advise is for him to finish is school and re-tender the good certificate and ask God for forgiveness. He should not quit his job and go into business rather he should finish is school and tender a good certificate, So that he does not fake his business certificate. smiley
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by rlcanon: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Bros.akodin to pigin enlish parable"dead body no dey hide him bodi for the person wey goooo baff am" is a good thing that you brought this issue of fake certificates to secure employment for the Nairalanders to guide and advice you.You are the person in question but trying to disguished as if it one of your friends.My advise is that you stop the job soonest or you face the music.

Enough is enough
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by sironederful(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dis is a gr8 offence, pls i no dat u re d one, quit o 4 ur own purpose[right][/right]

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by TheMatrix3: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
amtheone:
Pls I need to know as my friend who recently secure a job with fake certificates is worried about his future career if discovered. He had OND in comp Science some yrs back and also obtained IT Certifications. With his experience in IT world, he is very good, but due to his Ond certificate he couldn't secure a good paying job, but of recent he went ahead and produced University certificate and NYSC certificate. Now with this papers and his experience, he landed his dream job in one private IT firm which the pay is extremely good.

But the question now is that, he is worried as what would happen if discovered. I have asked him to resign and use the money to establish a business, because for the past 6 months of his appointment the salary is close to 2million naira. But he said the salary is tempting.

Pls I need know what will be the outcome if discovered. Would it affect his future career? Is there possibility of handing him over to police for prosecution.

But presently he is doing a part time studies in University, but even this part time studies, the company does not know as what he told them is that he is doing other IT related courses. So to this end, everything about him in that company is fake.

Like i said, my take is only for him to resign.

Pls i need ur opinion on this. Thanks

Are there no more smart NLers in da house? FGS this guys name tells us that hes talking about himself shocked , after una go dey form graduates. grin
That being said, if the guy is delivering and meeting his targets the best he could do is to meet his Boss and sort his sh*t out with him. BUT IF NA FOR BIGGER COMPANY/ MULTINATIONAL!!! Omo carry your hand resign jeje o!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
My advice to ur frnd is dat he should resign quietly coz Most Companies Verify Credentials and References, even NYSc before the staff is confirmed as a permanent staff...He may go to Jail if he is caught...A word is enuff for the wise
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by bluestreak(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
dont let us mix up things. he's very good and so competent on the job. the company wanted d services he's delivering and they feel fullfiled havin him (I mean he's making money for the comp). The criteria was to fish out sm1 dat will delver wht he's delivering. However for him to hav forged university cert and NYSC cert which is a crime agaist FED REP OF NIGERIA,then he ws ready to go all the way.Regardless, if trully he's sobber and ready for restitution he has to resign as soon as possble, beg God for forgiveness and I'k sure God will open new ways unto him.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by buchibabe: 11:22am On Jun 13, 2012
adonisgold: You seem very concerned about this ur friend, abi its you?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. *laffing in pidgin* it must be him o.when did pple start becomin dia brothers keeper? No need to be shy na. Just tell us its u afterall we no dey see ya face

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Ekavint: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
[b]Man must wark.Due to the requirement of big big cert by companies I will not even blame him as human hence he is giving them what they want in terms of the practical job requirement. Though it is sin in the sight of God.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by cutelayo(f): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2012
God can not be mock and God can not cover lies, pls tell him to resign or else, the end of it will be disastrous.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by bunlizlaw(f): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
adonisgold: You seem very concerned about this ur friend, abi its you?
Obviously,he's †ђe one.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by jamrob: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2012
my certificate is fake,and i have been working for 5yrs now,i got a certificate in geography and i work with a logistics firm,i got all needed training before i started now i am a senior staff in just 5yrs,see once you know you have no idea of the course you claim,do go near the field...try banks they recruit even people with phe and yoruba degree holders.....be smart degree holders too are block heads

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by harlyon(m): 4:41am On May 19, 2013
What do u guys think of this scenerio....
There is also this guy who forged a bachelor degree certificate from a reputable school abroad.I know this guy well,he has never travelled out once.the company made verifications and it was comfirmed that he attended the school.I was surprised and asked him how he did it and he told me that its a big secret to him.
How will u treat this

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:35am On May 19, 2013
cigie: do companies take time to check for the authenticity of their employees' credentials?? #IJustTheAsk
They do,most do of course without d knowledge of the employee
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by benzion72(m): 4:40pm On May 19, 2013
It depends on the kind of company he is working with. Corporate organization like banks will cross check, International conglomerate will also verify with his University. But one man business may not. But this world share. People with credible certificate are roaming the street without work. A forger who is qualified to be in prison is working lol
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by patemy: 10:25am On May 20, 2013
I dont think the guy whoever it is did anything so bad its the situation of the country and guys need to survive all these guys critcizing him if you were in his shoes would you rather do something and get a job or remain jobless and hungry roaming the street just because you dont have a bsc besides most of these people that claim they have bsc cant even defend their certificates.as far as ure competent on the job and has a good rapport with your supervisors and keep your secret to yourself you dont have a problem even if you are caught the worst is that you would loose the job but since you did not steal anything i dont think any company in nigeria would have the time to start prosecuting you.as for those talking about the effect on his childrend dats just rubbish did he steal the money isnt it money paid for his hardwork. my guy its good you are doing a university course now kudos and may God see you through

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by bidis: 12:19pm On May 20, 2013
i am suspecting that d guy is u
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by harlyon(m): 6:39am On Nov 20, 2013
rasputinn: This crime is more rampant in Nigeria today than most people imagine.My wife was flipping through the pages of a newsmagazine some years ago and saw a photo profile of the management of a top multinational and someone that grew up in her estate that went to a polytechnic at that time,wrote in her profile that she attended a University at that time and graduated from the University at the same time she was supoosed to be in the polytechnic.You tell me where she got the university certificate she used to fool that organisation.
Ever heard of Oluwole of old and Otigba of recent
This problem is rampant worldwide.it is not particular to Nigerians only.I have met with a lot of expatraites with fake certificate.most of these expatraites u see in most of our big coys are there with these fakes cert.
Now I know of this british guy who came into town to work.we where working on a project together.time after time we talked and he told me how he got his.there are two ways to get it and it blew my mind.there basically two ways to get it.I don't blame them either.man must survive.
So its a worldwide issue.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by harlyon(m): 6:51am On Nov 20, 2013
benzion72: It depends on the kind of company he is working with. Corporate organization like banks will cross check, International conglomerate will also verify with his University. But one man business may not. But this world share. People with credible certificate are roaming the street without work. A forger who is qualified to be in prison is working lol
Do you know some fake certificates can be verified?I am talking about certs from accredited institutions.
Am not using one though but I can tell you that 70% of persons working today are using certificates that are fake of which I know.Man must survive
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by zada(m): 8:52am On Nov 20, 2013
@All, as bad as it may sound to the ears.some of us are talking about fraud and breaking the law, the question is has Nigeria as a country been kind to us graduates? If NO is it not better for this man to use a forged certificate to work than be on the high way robbing innocent citizens. As long as he can deliver satisfaction on the job that certificate is only but a paper. We hv many out there with genuine papers and nufthing they can do practically when given the opportunity.yes! He may hv taken the spot a genuinely certificate holder should but we shld remember that in time memorial we had a speaker with a TORONTO certificate and he was not jailed not even properly scrutinized before ascending the position. I do not blame the youths for certain social ills and vices. I applied for INEC early this year, was sent an acknowlegment for applying and was patiently waiting to be called for written test only to discover from a neighbour next door whom had an uncle in the presidency was called to pick a location to be posted to. Is that not double standards and a fraud. Nigeria and our leaders have not been kind to us as graduates, so don't expect any miracle in the way young people act and make decision. Food must be on the table no matter what, how, where, from whom.,as it is popularly said corrupt minds begets corruption. Many of us hv one way unconsciously have manipulated certain situations, only we didn't see it consciously as fraud we only taught we acted smarter. Nigeria has not been kind and shld not expect kindness from a fraustrated society. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by nopsman1: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2013
well if he works in a private firm then he's good, private firms don't verify certificates. he shouldn't be carried away with the salary... he still needs to register for one of these part time programmes, so he can fall back on something when his luck runs out....
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by harlyon(m): 5:56am On Nov 26, 2013
nopsman1: well if he works in a private firm then he's good, private firms don't verify certificates. he shouldn't be carried away with the salary... he still needs to register for one of these part time programmes, so he can fall back on something when his luck runs out....

Yea that's the best advice for him.
I xpect him to start applying for other jobs cos he has gotten some experience to back up
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by BICE(m): 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
yemmight:

Did you here what happen in Oyo state and how many people that were asked to go? We do verification of certificates in my office so dont be caught.
Please how do you ppl do dat in ur office
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by kennymeritus: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hymnn!!! fake credentials. it will defile your conscience ,steal your joy, snatch your peace, make you restless, can make people hold you to ransom, snatch your confidence, and it can end up turning you to zero after being a celeberated hero.
I understand the labour market but there is a gift from God that added no sorrow to it.We need to be real men of integrity: we may be denied today for upholding sound morals but as we work & pray we will get there. lets be men of virtue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview / Has Anyone Seen This Before / How Much Does An Entry Level Graduate(teller) At UNITY Bank Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.