Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi (13251 Views)

Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports / Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Dangote's $600million Cement Plant In Ethiopia (A Closer Look) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Dtruths(m): 8:34am On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva: It's Dangote and not Dankote.

Pls Dangote should bring some of his factories to the east.

Dangote Cement calabar is underway
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2012
donclemo:
Oga did you start your own cement factory and discovered that your own cement was cheaper but Dangote told the government to close ur own if you are scared because Dangote is building another cement factory then you are not an entrepreneur. let me make people understand what monopoly is at least i took small economics class and i wasn't sleeping in the class. Monopoly exist when a single firm is the sole provider of one product. so is Dangote the sole provider of cement in nigeria? For monopoly to exist, the firm is a single seller, no close substitutes for that product and there is no Barrier to enter into that market. Just incase You guys still don't understand i would try to write it in pidgin. Monopoly na when na only one person dey produce one thing for example Nepa na monopoly because na only dem dey give us light and e no make sense to get 20 different company put their own poles and transformer. For Monopoly to occur na only dangote cement go dey we area, and any other person wey won enter cement business government go tell am say no na only Dangote go dey do cement business . my people una well done oh

Lwkmd.... grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by ibsmooth: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2012
STEAL OUR MONEY AND INVEST IN NIGERIA AT-LEAST.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Jabia(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2012
duality: THAT factory has been in existence for years. i don't know that is being commissioned
My point exactly, i do know however that the IBESHE plant was recently commissioned by The President, not Obajana. I should know because i just got employed there.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by megxo(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2012
manny4life: Hmm

Cement Technological Institute? shocked shocked shocked

Can our president for once focus on real issues? Btw, congratulations to Mr. Dangote, hope he drives cost down besides, I hope he's not trying to monopolize the entire cement market.
he jst did dat......next on lyn is d salt n sugar market wink
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Chinedudele(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2012
Why not build your own factory as Dangöte did? What crime has he committed in investing his money in our country. Second, when you call your president a dumb it means you are also a dumb because a dumb can only rule a dumb. Thanks
Chyz*:
Retardee has further sold nigeria economically into the hands of one man, Dangote. What president with a brain would give membership to a monopolist into his National Economic Management Team? Oh I almost forgot Jonadumb has no brain.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva: It's Dangote and not Dankote.

Pls Dangote should bring some of his factories to the east.

There was an agreement between Dangote and Ibeto. The agreement was that Ibeto would take care of the eastern and south south market only and Dangote will not meddle.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Demdem(m): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2012
Danka7777:

There was an agreement between Dangote and Ibeto. The agreement was that Ibeto would take care of the eastern and south south market only and Dangote will not meddle.

can u all now see that what we have is a cartel. that bullshit story of competition bringing down price is nonsense
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by vickylil: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2012
Robish nonsense people na so our money go dey enta private poket we no go fit even gain from am.if him lik make him open d cement factory wey go serve d whole world an d next to com wetin I no b say nigeria must survive from coruption--------nonsense hw much den dey sel cement sef.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2012
the line 1 and 2 have been in existence, the new line is the one just commissioned.
duality: THAT factory has been in existence for years. i don't know that is being commissioned
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by DisGuy: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2012
Danka7777:

hmmmm How come ibeto is not expanding, just importing cement n re-bagging, are the eastern governor not supporting him
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by manny4life(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
donclemo:
Oga did you start your own cement factory and discovered that your own cement was cheaper but Dangote told the government to close ur own if you are scared because Dangote is building another cement factory then you are not an entrepreneur. let me make people understand what monopoly is at least i took small economics class and i wasn't sleeping in the class. Monopoly exist when a single firm is the sole provider of one product. so is Dangote the sole provider of cement in nigeria? For monopoly to exist, the firm is a single seller, no close substitutes for that product and there is no Barrier to enter into that market. Just incase You guys still don't understand i would try to write it in pidgin. Monopoly na when na only one person dey produce one thing for example Nepa na monopoly because na only dem dey give us light and e no make sense to get 20 different company put their own poles and transformer. For Monopoly to occur na only dangote cement go dey we area, and any other person wey won enter cement business government go tell am say no na only Dangote go dey do cement business . my people una well done oh

You got jokes... smiley smiley smiley smiley

I'm not hating against anyone, I'm happy there's development, but I asked a question below.

Like I previously asked, On NL here, I thought it was rumored that the man and his company had bought out other players in the market? Answer that question, and I will take back my comment.

Besides, my comment was very firm, I did not say he's the ONLY producer, what I said was, "I hope he's not trying to monopolize the market", meaning that with sheer size and volume of production, it's no rocket science that he has has an upper hand/control, sooner or later, he will drive away competition leading to increased pricing. Thus, having further control of market prices and he determine what goes. The act of monopolizing the market begins with a process of removing competitors through different mechanism e.g. stiffing competition. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, I'll gladly accept.

Demdem:

can u all now see that what we have is a cartel. that bullshit story of competition bringing down price is nonsense

You better take back your comment before you call you hater and enemy of progress.

I thought I heard similar stories of same thing way back, well I guess the stories aren't through then.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Demdem(m): 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
manny4life:

You better take back your comment before you call you hater and enemy of progress.

I thought I heard similar stories of same thing way back, well I guess the stories aren't through then.

I dont give a ffuck about those idiots. the same way they told us new players will come into the oil sector after removal of fuel subsidy and by which there will competition that will eventually bring price down.

When asked what has happened to the diesel sector that has no subsidy which otedola and co (the cartel) has hijacked for their selfish interest, they go dumb. because it happened the the telecom sectors (where the necessary ingredients like laws and NCC were firstly put in place)and worked doesnt neccessary mean the same for all other sectors.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by manny4life(m): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem:

I dont give a ffuck about those idiots. the same way they told us new players will come into the oil sector after removal of fuel subsidy and by which there will competition that will eventually bring price down.

When asked what has happened to the diesel sector that has no subsidy which otedola and co (the cartel) has hijacked for their selfish interest, they go dumb. because it happened the the telecom sectors (where the necessary ingredients like laws and NCC were firstly put in place)and worked doesnt neccessary mean the same for all other sectors.

Apparently, these were my concerns I was trying to express when I said I hope he's not trying to control the market, people took it angrily, they're attacking me, even those explaining what monopoly is, I laugh in Swahili. Unfortunately, Nigerians do no share your view; I laugh because the same people who're attacking me now, will come back later probably 6/9months from now and complain that price of cement has doubled.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by maasoap(m): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
manny4life: Hmm

Cement Technological Institute? shocked shocked shocked

Can our president for once focus on real issues? Btw, congratulations to Mr. Dangote, hope he drives cost down besides, I hope he's not trying to monopolize the entire cement market.
I don't think he makes any attempt to stop or prevent other from establishing their own cement factories.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by manny4life(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
maasoap: I don't think he makes any attempt to stop or prevent other from establishing their own cement factories.

I'm not saying he's stopping anyone from going into the market, PLEASE, yall should stop putting words into my mouth, I beg of you guys to please read before assuming. Please,read my response to @donclemo, two responses above. I clearly said "I hope he's not trying to monopolize the market", I even went on to say in my response to donclemo how sheer size and volume can put out competitors. Please, yall should no assume what I hadn't said. I am happy with the status quo just like everyone is.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
mukina2:

Source
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by donclemo(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
manny4life:

I'm not hating against anyone, I'm happy there's development, but I asked a question below.

Like I previously asked, On NL here, I thought it was rumored that the man and his company had bought out other players in the market? Answer that question, and I will take back my comment.

Besides, my comment was very firm, I did not say he's the ONLY producer, what I said was, "I hope he's not trying to monopolize the market", meaning that with sheer size and volume of production, it's no rocket science that he has has an upper hand/control, sooner or later, he will drive away competition leading to increased pricing. Thus, having further control of market prices and he determine what goes. The act of monopolizing the market begins with a process of removing competitors through different mechanism e.g. stiffing competition. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, I'll gladly accept.

In the business World nobody is going to sit down and wait for your competitors to meet up with you. If he is building cement plants and his competitors can not keep up then too bad for them. the world is going through a revolution if u cant keep up with your competitors then you get burnt. now we are in a phase where jobs are now done in other countries (outsourcing ). The reason why you are seeing competition in the telecomunication industries is because the other networks are not folding their hands like Dangote's competitors and watching Mtn plant mast in all the areas. A lot of companies even here in Nigeria and other countries are no more today because they can't keep up with the competitors. if the others are not building cement plants they better start now.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
ismhab:
So that when another civil war begins u will seize the factory in east.

^^^No be 'one Nigeria' again undecided? Isn't that what you fools fought for? Or you believe in one Nigeria insofar as the oyel money keeps rolling in? So Igbos investing, employing and paying tax in other parts of Nigeria (including the north) are the fools, while you and Dangote are the smart ones.....i get it now wink.

If every ethinicity stays and invests only in their region, what then is the basis for having a 'nation' called Nigeria?
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by loskally(m): 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
alhaji dangote.pls invest on iron nd steel makin.open rollin mills company.since our goverment.is nt putin any effort in dis field rather killin diz developmnt.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by DisGuy: 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
loskally: alhaji dangote.pls invest on iron nd steel makin.open rollin mills company.since our goverment.is nt putin any effort in dis field rather killin diz developmnt.

lool either way you lose

if Aliko invest in iron now, una go say them dash am, if he succeed una go say he be monopolist

abeg tell Emeka, Chukwudi, femi and co to invest in the steel industry
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by harrymor: 6:43am On Jun 13, 2012
hahaha, you guyz should't start again. :Dhahaha, you guyz should't start again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Unbundle NIPOST Into Courier Services, Microfinance Bank / CBN Raises Cash Limit To N500k For Individuals & N3m For Corporate Bodies / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Now Going Into Online Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.