Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi (13253 Views)

Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports / Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Dangote's $600million Cement Plant In Ethiopia (A Closer Look) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by mukina2: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
The biggest cement factory in sub-Saharan Africa, Obajana cement plant, was on Monday commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan in honour of Aliko Dangote.

Located in Kogi State, Obajana cement is expected to produce about 10 million tonnes of cement per annum.

President Jonathan in his remark, called the plant a “quantum leap” for that nation’s construction sector.

The president announced that the government will soon be launching a Cement Technological Institute, which he claims will help groom more

Source
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Afam4eva(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
It's Dangote and not Dankote.

Pls Dangote should bring some of his factories to the east.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by goldng: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
Yet the price of cement keeps increasing

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Booty4me: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
who is Dankote? undecided
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by manny4life(m): 8:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hmm

Cement Technological Institute? shocked shocked shocked

Can our president for once focus on real issues? Btw, congratulations to Mr. Dangote, hope he drives cost down besides, I hope he's not trying to monopolize the entire cement market.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Chyz2: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
Retardee has further sold nigeria economically into the hands of one man, Dangote. What president with a brain would give membership to a monopolist into his National Economic Management Team? Oh I almost forgot Jonadumb has no brain. undecided
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by wandeay: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
will it reduce the price of cement?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by manny4life(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
Chyz*:
Retardee has further sold nigeria economically into the hands of one man, Dangote. What president with a brain would give membership to a monopolist into his National Economic Management Team? Oh I almost forgot Jonadumb has no brain. undecided

That's my major concern there, monopoly. How do they encourage small entrepreneurs going into the same market?
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Chyz2: 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
goldng: Yet the price of cement keeps increasing

And it will keep increasing because he has no competition and now Jonadumb has put the icing on the cake stopping any little chances of competition that would help prices decrease.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by phadat(m): 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
How does this cure the defects of high prices at which one bag is sold mtceeeew

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
if he likes let him open cement factory in each local government in nigeria, it still doesnt bring down the price of cement! SMH!! undecided
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Biggyd2: 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
GEJ when will the price of cement be affordable? You did promise Nigerians this not too long ago. And Sir, further to your televised speech, I believe you meant "Sugar" and not "suga" like you kept reading from your speech.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by ismhab(m): 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
afam4eva: It's Dangote and not Dankote.

So that when another civil war begins u will seize the factory in east.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
You guys are talking about monopoly has if the government is discouraging you from investing in the sector. Nigeria has so many raw areas to invest in, Steel manufacturing, tar production, Rock Quarries, etc. You guys should stop being internet critics, stand up and learn some skills that will catapult the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by 1laptopfeva(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
You can be like dangote all you need is to change your mindset and think big
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Oringo1: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
I so much like to hear about any massive investment in Nigeria......hoping that such huge investment will be replicated in rice production...
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
Oringo1: I so much like to hear about any massive investment in Nigeria......hoping that such huge investment will be replicated in rice production...
You could do it, that's called "Agriculture" ....Hahahahahahah
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Congratulations to the Dangote group, congrats to Nigerians, Thank God its not only bad news that comes out of my country

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by ebamma(m): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
some people just criticize for criticism sake,some guys dont even know the meaning of monopoly,dangote cement is not the only cement manufacturer in dis country,there are odas like ibeto cement,eagle cement,unicem cement as competitors,so were does monopoly come in.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by serenegroup(m): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
dangote is not the only one in the cement business people. There are cement factories in shagamu and Ewekoro in the west and there is also one is the south that is technically being managed by the chinese and in the north there is one in sokoto and Gombe state all this are not dangote owned so please he is not monopolizing it. he is just investing big in it and i laud him for that. i did my thesis on cement production so i have toured most of the cement plants in the north so i know much abt them
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by duality(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
THAT factory has been in existence for years. i don't know that is being commissioned
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by adonisgold: 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
manny4life: Hmm

Cement Technological Institute? shocked shocked shocked

Can our president for once focus on real issues? Btw, congratulations to Mr. Dangote, hope he drives cost down besides, I hope he's not trying to monopolize the entire cement market.

monopoly is anoda name for dangote.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
adonisgold:

monopoly is anoda name for dangote.
how ?
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by HAH: 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
This factory was commisioned by Obj if am not mistaken. Abi na another one
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by DisGuy: 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
afam4eva: It's Dangote and not Dankote.

You dont like Ibeto?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Chyz2: 9:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Billyonaire: You guys are talking about monopoly has if the government is discouraging you from investing in the sector. Nigeria has so many raw areas to invest in, Steel manufacturing, tar production, Rock Quarries, etc. You guys should stop being internet critics, stand up and learn some skills that will catapult the nation.

How about learning about who owns what in Nigeria before you open your mouth. Steel is already monopolized by OBJ's boy Adenuga. You cannot compete with these people. They will just flush you out immediately,even if it means by death. I like your good word though but these monopolies only kill ideas and plummet the economy which is why there is no middle class in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by warrior101: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
duality: THAT factory has been in existence for years. i don't know that is being commissioned

It was commissioned today. I watched it live...

@Topic ~ Kudos to Alhaji Dangote... I can only dream and wait for my turn tongue
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Rhino5dm: 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
Which one OBJ been commission when he was the president?

warrior101:

It was commissioned today. I watched it live...

@Topic ~ Kudos to Alhaji Dangote... I can only dream and wait for my turn tongue
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Afam4eva(m): 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
Dis Guy:

You dont like Ibeto?
What is wrong with having several cement factories in one place as long as it provides emnployments to our Youths.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by Rhino5dm: 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
Which one be this one below? RETARDEEN shocked

Obasanjo commissions $178m Dangote’s Obajana

cement factory 13th May 2007 President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday in Oba-jana,

Kogi State said what Nigeria needed to turn its economy around were forthright and foresighted businessmen investing in the manufacturing sector rather than those who solely engage in buying and selling. Obasanjo while commissioning the $178
million Obajana Cement plant owned by the Dangote Group of Companies said the President of the group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has distinguished himself as one of
the few manufacturers who have faith in the country and are ready to help transform its economy.

He said his administration’ s support for Dangote was informed by his commitment to the growth and development of the country rather than favouritism as it is being alleged in some quarters. He also challenged other entrepreneurs to emulate Dangote in order to be equally favoured.
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by warrior101: 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Which one OBJ been commission when he was the president?

In 2007, the company commissioned its production plant in Obajana, Kogi State... President Goodluck Jonathan is to inaugurate the third phase of the Obajana Cement Company plant in Kogi on June 11 http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/26692/2012/06/06/jonathan_inaugurate_3rd_phase_obajana_cement_plant.html
Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by warrior101: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
YOUR FATHER

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Raises Cash Limit To N500k For Individuals & N3m For Corporate Bodies / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Now Going Into Online Businesses / How To Register A Trademark In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.