Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

M.K.O Abiola And June 12 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 (16363 Views)

Photo: Late M.K.O. Abiola In His Youthful Age / Photo Of MKO Abiola And Dele Alake After 1993 Elections / MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by beatricewebb: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2012
Abiola was murdered by nigerian govt the best way of honour to this man should bring the culprits to book and not necessarily defaming the popular unilag!

1 Like

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by klairekk: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2012
UNCESSARY OVER HYPED.

plz remind me hw Abiola fought for the common man or the unity of the country or say corruption?

INTERNATIONAL TIEF TIEF
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by femiaction(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2012
JUNE 12 1993, Just Like Yesterday!
I remembered when my parents used to talk about how life was in the 1950s and 1960s. Then I used to imagine how they could possibly remember things that happened so long ago vividly. Now that I am an adult, I think I understand better how time can fly.On June 12 1993, was my first day to vote and millions of Nigerians voted in the best election ever conducted in the history of Nigeria. It was possible for the people to vote right because the elections were properly planned and well conducted.Where is our HOPE? Where is the future? Where is the promising? Where is the planning? God save our country.Happy Democracy Day

1 Like

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 12, 2012
patwilly: You all are going off topic.the subject of this thread demands that we analyse carefully and critically the nature of the man M.k.o Abiola,his person,character,beliefs,philosophy.this is not about what he fought for or how he was wrongfully denied of his mandate..we all know that. Rather, we should ask ourselves whether he was the man who would have brought succour to the masses OR whether he would have been like others before and after him i.e.those who set their personal intrest first before that of the state and in one way or the other were slaves to Godfatherism,corruption,tribalism etc.these i think we should concentrate on.

He was more philantropic than the likes of Dangote,Otadola and the likes of this time.He also promised to seek reparations of 400 years of African slavery by the west which was why he was killed by susan rice !
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2012
the only thing i benefit from this so called june 12 is....... we r off duty today. public holidays in some parts of Ekiti.
Yoruba ppl can pretend shocked..., as if they Love MKO undecided after they sold him to Abacha, they still refused Unilag to be renamed to his Name, Bloody hypocrite tongue

1 Like

beatrice webb: Abiola was murdered by nigerian govt the best way of honour to this man should bring the culprits to book and not necessarily defaming the popular unilag!

The supreme military council only provided avenue for him to be killed.Trust me,his arrest and death are forerign-sponsored.

1 Like

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by emmykk(m): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2012
moderatorr: why did the Yorubas riot against Abiola's legacy (renaming of UNILAG)?
Its just like having the igbos riot against the renaming of UNN to Odumegwu Ojukwu University.
Its unimaginable.
No point idolizing him after mudding his name.
My opinion though.
abiola is a theif itt u remember-and he dnt merit unilag renaming and all these holiday
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2012
Delafruita: june 12 is not all we nigerians know about abiola.it isnt what gave him national prominence.abiola had for long been active in the public sphere.he is believed to have sponsored the coup that brought babangida to power.he alienated himself from the power brokers in the southwest when he aligned with the shagari led NPN.not only that,his newspaper was used to openly criticise and ridicule the opposition notably the likes of baba awo.abiola was never in the opposition and in my opinion was made into a matyr by june 12.a lot of people dont remember the underlying factors that led to the emergence of abiola.ordinarily,abiola would never have been a candidate and even if he became one,wouldnt have won if the field was thrown open.people say june 12 is the freest and fairest ever but those people wont say that the process that led to the election was the most undemocratic ever.it was as if babangida wrote a script that had to be followed.first he barred a long list of people from contesting or even joining political parties.then he insisted only two parties be allowed.i have nothing against abiola or his legacy in charity,sports or even polygamy but when it comes to june 12,its more about what the day meant than man.if abiola were alive in this democratic dispensation,he'd be one of the biggest PDP bigots.

Who owned Abiola Babes? The guy was wealthy, he had wives I guess (correct me if Ω̴̩̩̩̥♏ wrong please), to me if a man of such social π economic status was given a political appointment to govern a state like Nigeria....ehhhhh....he would have been a tyrant. #amjustsaying. definitely he will b enriching his pocket, Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ guy was a business guru not a politican...#word!
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 12, 2012
emmykk: abiola is a theif itt u remember-and he dnt merit unilag renaming and all these holiday

Did he steal from your father ?
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Sparkle777(f): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2012
megxo: somof GEJ's 10 pointless agendas
1. Uniports to be renamed Patience Jonathan University (PEJU)
2. UniIlorin >> Abdul Karim Adisa Memorial University (AKAMU) Ilorin.
3. UniJos >> Yakubu Gowon University (YAGO)
4. Ogun State University >> Gbenga Daniel University(GBEDANU)
5. Dieziani Alison Maduekwe School of Education (DAMSEL)
6. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala School of Economics (NOISE)
7. Niger Delta University >> Mujaheed Asari Dokubo Middle Age Novitiate(MAD MAN)
8. NIPSS >> Centre for Reuben Abati's Private Political Yarns (CRAPPY)
9. Plateau State polytechnic is now Brother LAbaran Maku Elementary School (BLAMES)
Last but not the least,
10. Sanusi Lamido Institute for Commercial Education (SLICE).

lol. You just made my day. Happy bday to me.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Opoki(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2012
Delafruita: june 12 is not all we nigerians know about abiola.it isnt what gave him national prominence.abiola had for long been active in the public sphere.he is believed to have sponsored the coup that brought babangida to power.he alienated himself from the power brokers in the southwest when he aligned with the shagari led NPN.not only that,his newspaper was used to openly criticise and ridicule the opposition notably the likes of baba awo.abiola was never in the opposition and in my opinion was made into a matyr by june 12.a lot of people dont remember the underlying factors that led to the emergence of abiola.ordinarily,abiola would never have been a candidate and even if he became one,wouldnt have won if the field was thrown open.people say june 12 is the freest and fairest ever but those people wont say that the process that led to the election was the most undemocratic ever.it was as if babangida wrote a script that had to be followed.first he barred a long list of people from contesting or even joining political parties.then he insisted only two parties be allowed.i have nothing against abiola or his legacy in charity,sports or even polygamy but when it comes to june 12,its more about what the day meant than man.if abiola were alive in this democratic dispensation,he'd be one of the biggest PDP bigots.
Very very Objective!
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by naylove(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2012
7. Niger Delta University >> Mujaheed Asari Dokubo Middle Age Novitiate(MAD MAN)
9. Plateau State polytechnic is now Brother LAbaran Maku Elementary School (BLAMES)
Last but not the least,

this got me rotflmafao
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by EFFRAKATA: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2012
Abiola and his estates should refund the ITT project fund to Nigerians.

Though June 12 is a reality!
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by noiseless: 10:26am On Jun 12, 2012
Was he not the one that teamed up with IBRAHIM BABANGIDA and smuggled the ORGANIZATION OF ISLAMIC CONFERENCE (OIC) through the back door and fraudlently forced nigeria to become a member ilegally, which as a result of that ilegal SHARIA MEMBERSHIP the then chief of general staff EBITU UKIWE resigned in protest?
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by noiseless: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2012
He and his gang of have it all at all cost could even be stoking up fire for the jihadist boko haram to make the country ungovernable for anyone who isn't their "one of us", if he was around today.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by pendusky(m): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo: June 12 has come to stay. It's in our consciousness forever.
U saw and experience it. Next gen neva saw it, it may vanishd!
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by rasputinn(m): 10:56am On Jun 12, 2012
Prior to the June 12 elections,what exactly did MKO Abiola do to ensure the restoration of democracy in Nigeria.As I recall,he was busy cavorting with the IBBs,Abachas etc of this world,either financing their coups against democratically elected or military governments or indeed seeking their word in private that if the elections were conducted that they(IBB AND CO)would leave the stage and allow whoever won to assume office.
The other thing was that after the election,which he won,he fought hard to be sworn in as president,however I cannot distinguish what portion of that fight was driven by his love for Nigeria and democracy and what portion was driven by his personal ambition to be president

1 Like

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2012
Who's Abiola undecided
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by pendusky(m): 11:13am On Jun 12, 2012
Ijogz K: Who's Abiola undecided
Hehehehehe, thatz exactly wat i said! Next gen wont knw d man except they read naija history. Go and google who is Abiola, wikipedia may get 50% info on him, then leave the rest for us to answer.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by guonno: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2012
[size=24pt]

AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED JUNE 12 HAS NO PLACE IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA! SE AND SS DOES NOT EVEN REMEMBER THE GOAT (MKO) THAT GAVE ITSELF FOR THE FAILED SACRIFICE FOR NIGERIA'S DEMOCRACY. IN THE NORTH, YOU SEE THE WORSE RESPONSE TO THE JUNE 12 MADNESSS THE NORTH HATES JUNE 12 LIKE ONE HATES THE DEVIL. LASU NAME CHANGE IS ENOUGH FOR HIM AFTER ALL HE IS A MUSLIM AND WOULD BE GIVEN 7 VIRGINS(WOMEN DONE REALLY SUFER FOR MUSLIMS HAND! Lol) IN PARADISE.
DEMOCRACY DAY KO DEMOCRACY DAY NI! Ndi lala!

[/size]
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by AfricaFace(f): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2012
JONATHAN .... I THOUGHT WITH THIS YOUR NEW FOUND LOVE FOR MKO,
YOU WOULD HAVD DECLARED TODAY A NATIONAL HOLIDAY
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by guonno: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2012
pendusky:
U saw and experience it. Next gen neva saw it, it may vanishd!
[size=24pt] KEEP DREAMING! DO NOT WAKE UP TO THE REALITY ON GROUND. [/size]
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by pendusky(m): 11:29am On Jun 12, 2012
guonno: [size=24pt] KEEP DREAMING! DO NOT WAKE UP TO THE REALITY ON GROUND. [/size]
Lol
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by broadwayservice: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2012
A mouth watery offer for a project management conference in Canada this october
Very cheap and all inclusive fee.

Spark up your imagination with Broadway Services.

For more information please send a mail to broadway.services@yahoo.co.uk
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by sylve11: 11:36am On Jun 12, 2012
Last but not the least,

God! i almost died of lafter! See DAMSEL own and the rest. . . .lol grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Delafruita(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2012
rhema4u:

Who owned Abiola Babes? The guy was wealthy, he had wives I guess (correct me if Ω̴̩̩̩̥♏ wrong please), to me if a man of such social π economic status was given a political appointment to govern a state like Nigeria....ehhhhh....he would have been a tyrant. #amjustsaying. definitely he will b enriching his pocket, Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ guy was a business guru not a politican...#word!
you spoke the fact.abiola's election wasnt based on any sound principles or agenda,it was simply a well managed campaign whose machinery was oiled with an endless pool of funds in an election with no other alternative.it wasnt suprising that abiola won.and yes,he owned abiola babes
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by dival247(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

No matter what anybody thinks or says about Abiola,he will always be acknowledged for standing and dying for his mandate despite the military oppression in the hands of Banagida and Abacha.His death changed the course of Nigeria politics and he will always be remembered for winning the freest election in the history of Nigeria.Those that killed you and kudirat will one day own up to their crime.Continue to rest in peace Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola,the last Are Onakakanfo of Yorubaland !

this man we are talking about , he didn't dead for the nation but is own pocket , but he tried to be a new Creator after all what he had as done, way back 68s 70s ,from 90s he try to change , put me wrong is this is not the true story
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by KINGwax(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2012
Afrocatalyst: Abiola in anyway cannot be equated with the likes of Gandhi or Mandela who sacrificed wholeheartedly for their nations, though a good man. He was more of a businessman seeking more wealth making avenues and then got caught up in the people's affairs. I respect him though cos he would have chosen to quit along the line n face his business. I still believe he would have lived longer if he were wise in his decisions. He who fights and run, lives to fight another day. But in the nearest future, I still see him stand tall as one of the bravest our dear nation has got cos our current leaders are going the way of stone age men. We need a mandela too here in Naija and I dnt see Jona, baba, Baha'i, Atiku, Okotie, Utomi, IBB, Tinubu, or any of the present breed of thieves becoming one. Just thinking though.
pls who is mandela, and how is he an hero? See, because these men claimed they were fighting for their people doesn't make anybody a hero o. Wetin? I've heard of guys that went on hunger strike and died as a result of fighting for their people(dnt ask me who o, google is your friend o). These so called mandela and co all kept eating and stayin alive prayin it end someday and he comes out being celebrated! Wetin catch am make im no refuse food make him die there? m.k.o sef enjoy for house arrest so tay e carry tea chop! Leave struggle! Shey prisoner dey drink tea ni? Hero ko, heroine ni.
As much as MKO is my man, i no dey biliv in heroism o. E no dey happen. Everythin na for fame jare. Any ibo wey like this post or put stupid comments go die slow o. I no dey follow anybody yan. I jst say make i drop my 2cents for here o. Leave change, bone struggle.
dival247:

this man we are talking about , he didn't dead for the nation but is own pocket , but he tried to be a new Creator after all what he had as done, way back 68s 70s ,from 90s he try to change , put me wrong is this is not the true story
pls shut your trap and speak in english. Dem force you?
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by niddamugu(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2012
GEJ missed the opportunity of getting an A+. If he had declared June 12 a national holiday in commemoration of annulled 1993 elections, rather than coining MAULAG (probably advised by a MALU), he would have won the hearts of many Nigerians.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by guonno: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
dival247:
this man we are talking about , he didn't
[size=24pt]dead[/size] for the nation but is own pocket , but he tried to be a new Creator after all what he had as done, way back 68s 70s ,from 90s he try to change , put me wrong is this is not the true story

[size=24pt] MY DEAR, U ARE NOT SURPOSE TO USE DEAD(BOLD) THE RIGHT WORD IS DEADED, LOL.[/size]
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by KINGwax(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
niddamugu: GEJ missed the opportunity of getting an A+. If he had declared June 12 a national holiday in commemoration of annulled 1993 elections, rather than coining MAULAG (probably advised by a MALU), he would have won the hearts of many Nigerians.
no need. Every of the hearts in nigeria is one cruel thing anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. / Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman / CSO Drags IGP To Court Over Tinubu’s Alleged Perjury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.