Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

M.K.O Abiola And June 12 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 (16365 Views)

Photo: Late M.K.O. Abiola In His Youthful Age / Photo Of MKO Abiola And Dele Alake After 1993 Elections / MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by samkoro: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
Delafruita: june 12 is not all we nigerians know about abiola.it isnt what gave him national prominence.abiola had for long been active in the public sphere.he is believed to have sponsored the coup that brought babangida to power.he alienated himself from the power brokers in the southwest when he aligned with the shagari led NPN.not only that,his newspaper was used to openly criticise and ridicule the opposition notably the likes of baba awo.abiola was never in the opposition and in my opinion was made into a matyr by june 12.a lot of people dont remember the underlying factors that led to the emergence of abiola.ordinarily,abiola would never have been a candidate and even if he became one,wouldnt have won if the field was thrown open.people say june 12 is the freest and fairest ever but those people wont say that the process that led to the election was the most undemocratic ever.it was as if babangida wrote a script that had to be followed.first he barred a long list of people from contesting or even joining political parties.then he insisted only two parties be allowed.i have nothing against abiola or his legacy in charity,sports or even polygamy but when it comes to june 12,its more about what the day meant than man.if abiola were alive in this democratic dispensation,he'd be one of the biggest PDP bigots.

I happen to have meet a very nationaly prominent kano politician who was so annoyed about the uproar on june 12 by westerners that he said "after all we made Abiola and gave him what he's claiming as his" This means a lot.Certain things must have happened behind the scene that we don't know.Besides ABIOLA was not clean.He sponsored coups and was corrupt as well-remember the ITT deal that Fela sang in his song.I neither cherish the death of Abiola nor rejoice in the annulment but We need to learn the right lessons- which no one seems to be doing rather than ethnically tainting everything and leaving ethnic groups to bear the burden.Listen,ethnic grudges from the past is killing the future of this country.We don't have to start from june 12 ,we have have to go beyond that to the past and redress all injustices so that every section of the country will acknowledge it rather than the yorubas alone.
In my opinion,the real hero of the Nigerian masses is Gani Fayehimi.That man should be remembered the more.I advice that Jonathan should rename MAUL to Gani Fayehimi University Lagos
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by samkoro: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
guonno:

[size=24pt]
WHO TOLD U NIGERIANS WOULD BE HAPPY IF GEJ HAD DECLARED JUNE 12 A SIT AT HOME DAY! ABIOLA WITH HIS MOGUL MONEY HELPED IBB TO REGISTER NIGERIANS WITH ORGANISATION OF ISLAMIC STATE, WHAT THIS MEANT IS THAT MKO DID NOT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE ME(CHRISTIANS).

INFACT SUBTRACT NIDDA FROM UR NAIRALAND NAME, AND U WILL GET UR REAL NAME. NIDDAMUGU - NIDDA = ?

[/size]

Yes ,many people are and were not aware of this ,even northern religious riots and Bishop Idahosas predicament.U see,its all nemesis.People are just ignorant

1 Like

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by finezlord: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2012
Abiola was fighting for his pocket when he got caught and the worst part of it is the inec then wrote self acclaimed winner so he wasn't declared winner as some misguided few puts it so he never won in the first place but lets just sympathize with the family because of the way he was poisoned though there was no concrete proof for that so declaring a day off for his regional few is not much no matter they claims that he was fighting for the common man when we all knew how he sponsored most of the past military coups because of his thirst for power.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by sunto: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2012
idifu: @joey82 Abiola's election is the only election that has bin held in Nigeria cuz it was d ppl of dis country dat voted him , it wasn't selection as it has always bin, 1st republic was selection,2nd republic was selection, they weren't voted 4 by d ppl of dis country they were not d wishes of d ppl, Abiola was d ppl's wish ,he was not imposed on us ,they were all imposed on us, OBJ was selection,yaradua was selection,jonathan is selection these are all impositions...

what good as he (abiola) done in Nigeria. he as stolen Nigeria money like any other politician in Nigeria.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by sunto: 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Yoruba ppl can pretend shocked..., as if they Love MKO undecided after they sold him to Abacha, they still refused Unilag to be renamed to his Name, Bloody hypocrite tongue

I'm sorry you lack knowledge about Yoruba, some fool force on us.tell me if you know what abiola have do for Nigeria.
he stole NITEL money and use the money back on Nigeria. unilag is brand that is greater than any body or personal.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by sunto: 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
gulfer: Symbol of our democracy

i see what a democracy.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by finezlord: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
one thing with yorubas is that they like celebrating mediocrity. take adekunle for instance, this is the man the praise most times but the same adenkule killed Isaac jasper adaka Boro the man that fought with his people side by side with adekunle to keep this FLEECE called Nigeria as one but he later killed him in other to take the glory.even their almighty regional leader was corrupt because he is the only old premier that enrich himself with public money, and if you are doubting it check Michael okpara and the other northern premier records you will never see a company or property they acquired through direct or indirect means so i think yorubas are the course of Nigeria failure so i don't think abiola or any yoruba man deserve any national recognition after all they prefer sitting on the fence when real men are needed.

1 Like

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
Man is held accountable for his actions and inactions through the immutable laws of nature, whether he wills it or not. And so, if a man wakes up and gives to his dog the names of all the gods at once, why should the worshippers at the shrine of those gods lose sleep on the development? shocked shocked[b]At a time in history, the late M.K.O. Abiola ordered the sinking of three million copies of the Bible in the high sea. The container load of the holy book was bound for Nigeria when he used his influence to seize and destroy them. The Christian world did not bat an eyelid.[/b] shocked shocked When on August 22, 2011 the Iranian authorities intercepted six thousand five hundred copies of the New Testament Bible and burnt three hundred of them “in order not to deviate [their] youth”, the Papacy did not raise eyebrows and the Christian community did not flare up.

source: http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/35405-obamas-quran-burning-apology-matters-arising-

Am i the only one that knows that if he had gotten into power, he would have been a tyrant??

1 Like

Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Jun 14, 2012
idifu: @joey82 Abiola's election is the only election that has bin held in Nigeria cuz it was d ppl of dis country dat voted him , it wasn't selection as it has always bin, 1st republic was selection,2nd republic was selection, they weren't voted 4 by d ppl of dis country they were not d wishes of d ppl, Abiola was d ppl's wish ,he was not imposed on us ,they were all imposed on us, OBJ was selection,yaradua was selection,jonathan is selection these are all impositions...

Remember to salute IBB for organizing and carrying out that electionooo!!! Yes, Babangida organized that election, not Abiola.

What Abiola did then, the role he played is no different from the role Buhari has played in the last 3 elections really. All he, Abiola, did was simply go to the courts to demand that the system look into what happened. He unfortunately asked the wrong courts and died as a result. Nothing to make him a hero.
Re: M.K.O Abiola And June 12 by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Jun 14, 2012
samkoro:

In my opinion,the real hero of the Nigerian masses is Gani Fayehimi.That man should be remembered the more.I advice that Jonathan should rename MAUL to Gani Fayehimi University Lagos

Add Fela Anikulapo Kuti's name to the side of that list. I say the side because the ganga head fall my hand with his wayward lifestyle. But that aside, Fela should be considered a hero because this is one Nigeria who did not let the system, or those he chose to associate with, silence him. He spoke out on so many issues that we are now able to investigate for ourselves and weigh the truths of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. / Okorocha To Establish College In Bauchi To Help The Poor / Aregbesola Commissions 3 Blocks Of Classrooms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.