Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air (8029 Views)

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / Photos Of The Two Aircrafts That Colided In Lagos Yesterday / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by miteolu(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2012
The Management of Kabo Air have said that, presently they have discharged all old aircrafts and they only run on new aircrafts now.

In a press statement signed by the Corporate Affairs Manager of the airline, Aminu Hamza noted that the affected jumbo jets were removed several years ago.

Aminu in the statement explained that the clarification became necessary following insinuations and erroneous information in the public domain which gave certain ages to a number of aircrafts in its fleet.

According to the statement “the information erroneously painted a picture that Kabo Air has seven aircrafts in its fleet and went on to give the average age of the aircraft as 35.3 years”.

Aminu Hamza stressed that “to correct the misrepresentation of facts, the management wishes to state that three of the said aircraft, namely, 5N-JJJ, 5N-PDP and 5N-RRR have been phased out several years ago. In view of the mourning mood of the nation sequel to the recent unfortunate air mishap, the company does not feel this is the appropriate time to start boosting its credentials”.

The management therefore tasked the media to cross check information with the relevant authorities before rushing to the press, so as to avoid misinformation and misunderstanding.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/we-have-removed-our-old-aircrafts-kabo.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Nigerianeye+%28NigerianEye%29

Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
See as everybody just wear black commot from the plane.. nna na wa....

3 Likes

Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by sunjetg: 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ok.We know better now...
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by niddamugu(m): 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
Good.

How old is old..? I know there are planes over 40 yrs in their fleet and are still travelling.

2 Likes

Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Yinkay: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Okay Oga Aminu, give us your company's latest Fixed Asset Schedule to confirm.....
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by ismhab(m): 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
They just want black painted kabo air, they will never achieve their aims.
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by inspirenet: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
Yinkay: Okay Oga Aminu, give us your company's latest Fixed Asset Schedule to confirm.....
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Domaro: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
Oga Aminu Hamsa, give us the list of ur planes, theair ages and that of discarded one esp. N5-PDP so that we can confirm it ourself. We nagerian dont trust PDP or any thing related to it, they have decieved people kill many and put the contry in disarray!!!
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by kaiter: 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
Very good![img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by manny4life(m): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
Is that a Boeing 747 in that pic? What is it doing on a domestic flight? shocked shocked shocked

Yinkay: Okay Oga Aminu, give us your company's latest Fixed Asset Schedule to confirm.....

Asking for that, means there's possibility they will cook their books. A registration certificate will suffice, perhaps, they handed some particulars when they bought or leased their jet, they should please publish it.

Aminu Hamza stressed that “to correct the misrepresentation of facts, the management wishes to state that three of the said aircraft, namely, 5N-JJJ, 5N-PDP and 5N-RRR have been phased out several years ago. In view of the mourning mood of the nation sequel to the recent unfortunate air mishap, the company does not feel this is the appropriate time to start boosting its credentials”.

Boasting it's credentials, YOU LIE.

How can you be boasting on some news that you know is detriment to your business? Perfect excuse for coverup

Nigerians YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED --- DO NOT FLY KABO AIR aka THE FLYING COFFIN grin grin grin
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by gbadexy(m): 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
I particularly liked the phasing out of the pdp jet.
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by ukpaku: 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
is dat kabo removed d oldest among d old flight or d just bought new one?
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by yemmight(m): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
How many people they fly Kabo before? No be abokis them they fly am?
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Willzkid(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
kabo air, Ekaboo
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
why were they there before? knowing the dangers they posed
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by gulfer: 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
Let Kabo Air management go and update what is on the link below if he is sure of saying the truth.http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Kabo-Air
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by ebamma(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
if it likes let it be a brand new plane or a tokunbo, if him wan crash him go crash.afterall na only old motor dey get accident? or na only old ship dey sink?,same applies to a plane.
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by velo10: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
That's good. With the recent least that came out, I saw a Kabo plane up to 40yrs and I was really scared
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by kpolli(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
Kabo snoop get airline? shocked shocked shocked
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by gulfer: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
Records speaks, this is as at 3:48pm today. WTF is he claiming?

Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by stagger: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
At least na Saudi pilgrims wey dey use am, so the powerful muslims in government should be able to do something about this.
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by myfriend1(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
old air craft is not the problem, the main problem is maintenance culture. even if you buy new plane and you did not carry out right maintenance on the plane what did you expect ?,

2 Likes

Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
The remarks from fellow NL's has been commendable. Just my two nairas!
Anyway, this is a PR gimmick employed by KABO (another four letter worded airline)...to draw attention to their facility sequel to the demise of DANA Air.
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
Story Story
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
manny4life: Is that a Boeing 747 in that pic? What is it doing on a domestic flight? shocked shocked shocked

I think its one of the fleets they use for Hajj.
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Myself2(m): 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
Though I have never flown Kabo air,and I will NEVER fly them.I only flew their cousin;Chanchangi and the experience made me swear NEVER to go near them again.Even if they're the only airline going to Kaduna,I would rather trek.

Talking about the age of their aircraft,they're claim to have removed the old aircraft in their fleet,but the problem is that old in kabo language means methuselah in normal english,while new in kabo air dictionary means old in normal English,so removing 60 year-old aircraft does not now make the remaining 40 year old aircraft in their fleet new.

My people FLEE FROM KABO AND CHANCHANGI AIRLINES
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Myself2(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
manny4life: Is that a Boeing 747 in that pic?

Yes,it's a 42 year old 747
Go figure
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
manny4life: Is that a Boeing 747 in that pic? What is it doing on a domestic flight? shocked shocked shocked

That actually is a 747! I suspect it's for Hajj, not domestic flights
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by crackhouse(m): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Eehh, u don mean it.
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Murphy7h4: 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by championeh(m): 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
I read this last week, a day after the crash happened.
Sure, Kabo is full of flying coffins

embarassedI read this last week, a day after the crash happened.
Sure, Kabo is full of flying coffins

Re: 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air by Depot(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2012
Is 2 early 2 advertise.Are u sure dis Kabo Air didn't mastermind Dana crash so dat they'll sell?Market strategies .lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Country Is The Best For A Nigerian To Hustle? / Visa Free Countries For Nigerian Passport Holders / No Authorized Checkpoints On Kaduna-abuja, Zaria Highways – Kaduna Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.