Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509433 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: Thank God oh! Just got the call up for medicals NOW! All glory be to God. grin

Congrats...pls don't forget to inform the house of your Med conditions........... thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
jman77: @justwise,newacca and @all pls advise me on what to do,i just recieved an email with the attachment of admission letter and fees notification and links to book for hostel and travellings.
What is next for to do?,i'm for fall 2013.what should i do cos i don't want to make mistakes.thankssad

Bros kindly wait for your original letter of acceptance to be sent to you via regular post or courier.....

You need to start gathering supporting documents for your study permit application. U can apply between March and May, 2013 for a Fall start....

Which school?, what course?, undergrad or postgrad?

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
Unicode]
White-Lily:

@jesus4all:I read through your post and decided to respond.I do come on Nairaland just to read through postings.Found your question familiar and decided to help.I too applied for a Canadian study permit in May and have done my medical, along with my medical came conditions to pay tuition and accommodation.Tuition was more than what the school asked for.So what I did, after doing my medical,I wrote a letter addressed to the embassy stating their mistakes and others I noticed on my letter.Few days later, I got a call from CDHC clarifying their mistakes.I went ahead and paid my tuition (More than half and submitted it.CDHC called me the very next day after I submitted my additional documents to VAC and asked that I pay the full tuition and full year for accommodation.I told my VO, that I wouldn't pay for full accommodation because I never had the intention of staying on-campus.She told me that they have told other applicants and they have done as such.I stood by by No, stating I had every right to stay where I wanted to.So she asked that If I can get a sort of lease agreement from off campus that would be accepted.then they gave me additional 30days since the other one had expired and then I move my resumption to the next academic term.I accepted, contacted my school and got some outside listing.I am in the process of getting an agreement with a short-term accommodation with an Inn, that houses international students from my University(Arriving. Hope this is helpful.Always write an official letter when sending documents explaining why you took such actions.

Very good explanation

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2012
lillaowow:

bro, my application is exactly a month old at Cdhc today..........
I'm hoping to hear somethin positive soonest.

Mine too is a month old today...Wish us the best of luck bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jokzoh:

Mine too is a month old today...Wish us the best of luck bro

Mine will be 2 months on 30th September. The long wait is very annoying. May God grant our heart desire.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
J20:

Mine will be 2 months on 30th September. The long wait is very annoying. May God grant our heart desire.

Same here ooooo, and they are still in June!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: My status just changed. The irony is I checked two hours earlier and there was nothing. And on Monday they contacted me saying that my file was still waiting to be processed. This just proves you don't have to pay tuition before applying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
[quote author=oreajayi][/quote]
How does ur post relate to ur last sentence. @Pharmow paid b4 submitn & got med call wit no conditions attached & is already in Canada. As long as all ur docs fit-in-place, forget all dat grammer in the study permit checklist.
Congrats on ur med call...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
@efosa12345
I guess we should expect to hear from CDHC by October ending but it is not easy to be patient o. I don turn professional tracker.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
Don Cipher:
Wht do u mean by student visa charge for int'l students? Tuition fee is diffrnt 4rm Admin fees (which shuld lie in the group of 'Other' after Room & Board in IMM 1294E). CDHC knws wht u're xpcted to pay thru the official fee schedule frm ur univ whc u must hv submited wit ur applictn...Ur receipt 4rm the sch wuld indicate ur compliance of1yr tuition payment. Landed property is nt a proof of funds but tie.
@lft, if u paid thru ur local bank, they shuld hv given u a telex copy of the funds transfer to ur sch; get them to sign it & submit to CDHC, with a letter stating why receipt isn't ready whc u wuld submit once u receive it.

Thank you Don. That's a very good suggestion. I'll do that and keep you guys posted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

My applications are still under review as some of my supporting documents are yet to be received.. I also applied to MUN (wld have a big decision to make when d admission gets thru)...Thanks to my folks in US and Canada (they covered my application fees for d 3 universities)

Get the telex copy of ur wire transfer and send to CDHC as Don Cipher states above.... Submit something from UofM indicating when ur account will be updated

As par the accomodation, u should be able to get an acknowledgement from the office to show you have applied for it and expected to pay only as at when due...

As u submit, recite the last ten verses of the holy quran.....
May Almighty Allah guide you and grant your heart desire...

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran my brother. I wiill follow Don's suggestion and keep all of you updated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
it seems this issue of paying tution is a bit of a bone in the neck. I remember slamdunk had an issue like this , where the school asked him to do smthn and embassy wanted him to another thing and he still got his trv. @spencer try to remain calm, things always seem tough just prior to breakthru.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: Thank God oh! Just got the call up for medicals NOW! All glory be to God. grin

Congratulations. I pray for trv for you after.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sir P!:
it seems this issue of paying tution is a bit of a bone in the neck. I remember slamdunk had an issue like this , where the school asked him to do smthn and embassy wanted him to another thing and he still got his trv. @spencer try to remain calm, things always seem tough just prior to breakthru.

@sir p,hmmn! Wise words.tanx dude God bless you...@august applicnt,my guy itz settled in jesus name.i would soon rejoice wit u wen u are kaled 4 medicals.i flair up wen u misquote me...GOD WUD ANSWER OUR PRAYERS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
So let me get this straight. We are to pay tuition not admin fees and health insurance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: So let me get this straight. We are to pay tuition not admin fees and health insurance?

yeah just tuition...av u colected ur medical pack?state d house cnditions attached.whch skul?undergr/graduate?GOD bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
spencer3705:

yeah just tuition...av u colected ur medical pack?state d house cnditions attached.whch skul?undergr/graduate?GOD bless

Thanks a lot everyone. I will have to go after independence day to collect cos I don't live in lagos. I just wanna gather experience from others so I may know what to prepare for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: Thanks a lot everyone. I will have to go after independence day to collect cos I don't live in lagos. I just wanna gather experience from others so I may know what to prepare for.

which school are u heading to and in what province
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

which school are u heading to and in what province

Concordia in quebec province
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi:

Concordia in Quebec province

nice one bro..so you filled all those additional requirements for Quebec province
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
lillaowow:

nice one bro..so you filled all those additional requirements for Quebec province

Yeah I did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

Bros kindly wait for your original letter of acceptance to be sent to you via regular post or courier.....

You need to start gathering supporting documents for your study permit application. U can apply between March and May, 2013 for a Fall start....

Which school?, what course?, undergrad or postgrad?

All the best
i really appreciate your prompt response in putting me through,i have never been to an embassy to seek for visa or anything of such.please am i to go to the embassy with application letter? Just feel free to tutor me on things to do,things to go with right from the embassy's gate cos i don't even know the docs you said i should prepare.i'm heading to memorial to read either biology or computer sci and its undergrad prog,happy to hear form you.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lokzie: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2012
@All - On the issue of land.

Let's be objective and try and reason in the line of the VOs.

If someone is 'saving' a land, it most likely means there are long-term plans. In accounting, Land is a fixed asset and would usually be classed with long term assets. Now when an entity sells land and property to finance short-term project, it has liquidity issues. My conclusion is land is more likely a tie than proof of funds, if you 'suggest'you wanna sell your land, you undermine your case. Having said that, every case is viewed independently by the VOs.plan,prepare and pray.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 7:39am On Sep 29, 2012
efosa12345:

Y re we confusing ourselves, like my case the deadline for tuition was two days before I submitted my documents, if u pay because of the deadline cdhc will understand, after all we are not heading to same school don't use ur school decision to judge mine as long as I can ask for refund when the need arise I got not fear about that, if augustapplicant and I paid tuition fee it does not. Mean others should pay because not same school and program

True, d DIFFERENT skuls av DIFFERENT requirements, so let every1 hold to UR skul's requirements n stop causing confusion here. My skul didn't ask me to pay, infact, I still hav til d day of resumption to pay... If CDHC asks u to pay, den pay, if not, all gud.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2012
oreajayi: My status just changed. The irony is I checked two hours earlier and there was nothing. And on Monday they contacted me saying that my file was still waiting to be processed. This just proves you don't have to pay tuition before applying.

Hi @oreajayi, please Who contacted or called u on monday? CDHC? To tell u ur file is still in processing ( like u don't already kNow that ) ? This pple sef. Please let me know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by grock1(m): 9:52am On Sep 29, 2012
pls everyone.. i just check my application status at usask and it shows "decision made" for a few days now. i havnt heard anything from them. pls what does dis mean. and what shuld i do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2012
goddeymydear:

Hi @oreajayi, please Who contacted or called u on monday? CDHC? To tell u ur file is still in processing ( like u don't already kNow that ) ? This pple sef. Please let me know.

I sent them an enquiry last Thursday and they replied on Monday. If they called u then u probably need an interview. Try and get in touch with them as soon as you can. For starters send an email then call them on teusday. That means you will be going to the embassy for an interview but wait till they tell you to do that. They will give you instructions on how to go about it. Just prepare yourself for every single question as regards to your application because that's what will decide wether or not your application goes through to the next phase. Just be confident and be cool. You wouldn't wanna ruin your chances by stammering and fidgeting or mincing words there. Its well God is with you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2012
oreajayi:

I sent them an enquiry last Thursday and they replied on Monday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.