Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509445 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
lillaowow: bro, what's up wif yur applicati@ Usask i heard smthin abt chattin wif d admission team/office
try and find out about it (if your potal is still the same till now)......

I called the Graduate Secretary 2 weeks ago to confirm the document that had been received..I wld find out abt the chat tin.....
Thanks alot, whatz up with ur study permit app?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
earthgreeners:

I called the Graduate Secretary 2 weeks ago to confirm the document that had been received..I wld find out abt the chat tin.....
Thanks alot, whatz up with ur study permit app?

Your application reference number NGA/******/****/** is being processed at Embassy on 28/08/2012

Hopefully, by God's grace, i'll be called for medicals.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
Good day nairalanders. please i need your honest advice on applying to universities in Canada. Am tired of these agencies telling me that i cant gain admission into a university in Canada with 2:2, rather i must go through PGD, which i feel is not ideal for me. Its not possible for all universities to reject applicants with a 2:2 degree although i do know that applications are highly competitive but if God said you go get that application, nobody can stop it.

wat am asking is can you guys clarify this for me and also if anyone can give me the name(s) of relatively affordable universities in Canada that has a high probability of accepting me into a masters program. I studied Geology and i really want to pursue a postgraduate degree and if possible up to the PH.D level.

thank you very much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Pls house talk to me. I ve heard so much about sponsors not being credible. I ve submitted my application, my sponsor is my uncle who resides in canada wit no other dependent. He is even a canadian citizen. He gave me a sponsorship letter, his statement of account, tax clearance, data page of passport and I drew a family tree to show the relationship. I hope the embassy will see it as credible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
Most times it is very difficult to get your visa approved especially when your sponsor is a canadian citizen or PR cos they will fenn you aren't going to come back home.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
You are cool with the application. It's all about favor. Good luck ahead.
Rapuziaokwu: Pls house talk to me. I ve heard so much about sponsors not being credible. I ve submitted my application, my sponsor is my uncle who resides in canada wit no other dependent. He is even a canadian citizen. He gave me a sponsorship letter, his statement of account, tax clearance, data page of passport and I drew a family tree to show the relationship. I hope the embassy will see it as credible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
(1)Do make 'google' your friend. Search for 'engineering schools in Canada', go through the list of schools web; paying attention to courses and requirement for international students.
(2)Are you ready to gamble with application fee?...most school will tell you to apply before knowing your stand. Would advice you tailor each requirement to what you have(cgpa, experience etc) and fire with a comprehensive statement of purpose. You might e favored.
cris83: Good day nairalanders. please i need your honest advice on applying to universities in Canada. Am tired of these agencies telling me that i cant gain admission into a university in Canada with 2:2, rather i must go through PGD, which i feel is not ideal for me. Its not possible for all universities to reject applicants with a 2:2 degree although i do know that applications are highly competitive but if God said you go get that application, nobody can stop it.

wat am asking is can you guys clarify this for me and also if anyone can give me the name(s) of relatively affordable universities in Canada that has a high probability of accepting me into a masters program. I studied Geology and i really want to pursue a postgraduate degree and if possible up to the PH.D level.

thank you very much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
I don't think my mum still have those things wit her.(The certificates) can she get a new one? And I hope the VO won't say anything about the issue date.
earthgreeners:

Her Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate plus your Mum's Birth certificate and Marriage certificate would do the relationship thing coupled with pictures and family tree (if any)..

You can have her Transfer fund that would cover your Tuition and living expenses into your account, plus the bank letter u intend attaching.... With that u can submit her Bank statement and ur own too....Make sure other Documents are well packed and easily verified cos u wont wanna give d Visa Officer the slightest excuse to deny you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by valentino81(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
@Fhemmy; kindly e-mail me, I don't get ur e-mail spellings right. We got to discuss some things.
My mail; valentino4ualone@gmail.com
Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 5:05am On Sep 27, 2012
@Earthgreener
My brother intend to apply for thier post graduate diploma in civil and geological engineering but he has a 3rd class with cgpa of 2.2 still dont know if the school will accept it for admission into thier post graduate diploma program.
How do we apply for the program if they actually grant it.

thank you for your response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 8:41am On Sep 27, 2012
sucre cruz: @Earthgreener
My brother intend to apply for thier post graduate diploma in civil and geological engineering but he has a 3rd class with cgpa of 2.2 still dont know if the school will accept it for admission into thier post graduate diploma program.
How do we apply for the program if they actually grant it.

thank you for your response

@Sucre Cruz: Longest time. How is everything going with you? Canada accepts 3rd class into Advance diploma programs so its possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:06am On Sep 27, 2012
sucre cruz: @Earthgreener
How do we apply for the program if they actually grant it.thank you for your response

Like KennyGGG said; Try the advanced diploma programs, I'm not sure USASK would accept that mark for PGD, u can as well contact the admission office for enquiry in dat regard...
All the best Big bros
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2012
dommakavelli: I don't think my mum still have those things wit her.(The certificates) can she get a new one? And I hope the VO won't say anything about the issue date.

These are the only Documents that can show connection with her oooo....
Birth Certificates (It seems NPC can issue her an attestation)
Marriage Certificates...
Family Tree (not strong enough)
Picture
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2012
@Sucre Cruz: Longest time. How is everything going with you? Canada accepts 3rd class into Advance diploma programs so its possible.[/quote]

bro am fine but loneliness wan kill man o, I beg I no understand what is the difference btw advance diploma and post graduate diploma make una educate me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 10:18am On Sep 27, 2012
Advanced Diploma is basically a higher
Diploma...while a Post Graduate Diploma
is a Diploma taken after you must have Graduated. The main difference is; a Post
Graduate Diploma can be taken after you
have graduated, while an Advanced Diploma can be taken without Graduating.
sucre cruz:
@Sucre Cruz: Longest time. How is everything going with you? Canada accepts 3rd class into Advance diploma programs so its possible.

bro am fine but loneliness wan kill man o, I beg I no understand what is the difference btw advance diploma and post graduate diploma make una educate me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:16am On Sep 27, 2012
@lutobi, how far any news yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 11:45am On Sep 27, 2012
efosa12345: @lutobi, how far any news yet?

nothing..... whatever shaa..thank God I submitted early.. i know soon i'll hear sumfin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
valentino81: @Fhemmy; kindly e-mail me, I don't get ur e-mail spellings right. We got to discuss some things.
My mail; valentino4ualone@gmail.com
Thanks bro.

Femmmy.moto@gmail.com . . . .Sorry have not been on this thread for some time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
@ all,is it true that the canada embassy will not return every orignal documents like certificates, results submitted after they have issue trv to the applicant? That only photocopies are to be submitted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
All original documets will be returned. They only keep copies for records.
Jesus4all: @ all,is it true that the canada embassy will not return every orignal documents like certificates, results submitted after they have issue trv to the applicant? That only photocopies are to be submitted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jesus4all: @ all,is it true that the canada embassy will not return every orignal documents like certificates, results submitted after they have issue trv to the applicant? That only photocopies are to be submitted.

They will return all the originals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2012
AugustApplicant:

What of college diploma?

You get a college diploma by graduating from a college, which is a post-secondary institution (community college) but is distinct and separate from a university. Link to association of Canadian Community Colleges below.

http://www.accc.ca/

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Jesus4all,
Hw far?
Wia u able to meet up wit their demands after medical call up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
sucre cruz:

Can you give me your e.mail address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2012
seir405:

Can you give me your e.mail address

sucrecruiz@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 2:01am On Sep 28, 2012
[b][/b]
AugustApplicant:

I get what you mean but how do you rate it side by side with advance diploma or graduate diploma?

Well, typically, for people over here, if someone finished high school (secondary school) and for some reason didn't go to university, they could choose to go college instead and get a diploma. This would not be advanced or post graduate. An advanced diploma might refer to one that gives you more than a basic level of learning in a particular area (ie, you go from a basic diploma in French language studies to an advanced diploma, which means your French language skills are now more advanced, for instance. It's not necessarily a post grad qualification). Or if some random person over here(including university graduates) wanted to get a specific practical or technical skill, they could choose to get a college diploma (or certificate) in that area, again not necessarily post graduate. For someone coming as a foreign student who already has an undergraduate degree, it might make more sense to go for a college diploma that is specifically designated as a postgraduate diploma.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 2:18am On Sep 28, 2012
Hi all,

My advice for those comming to Canada. Grab a programming skill if you can. JAVA, C++/C, C#, .net, Python, PHP. Arranged in the order of Job availability. Any of the first 3 most importantly. You would thank God you took to my advice.

Cheers all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.