Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510976 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
mozo: Good day Siga/house views on victoria bc/royal roads university?
...Never heard of it before...but I go google am...lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
With God on our side,we are forging ahead. All those that have gotten their visa. Congrats. I wish u all d best out there. All those that are awaiting medical and those that have done medicals and r awaiting visa,God that started it will complete his good work. Those that were refused,try again in a different way. Delay is never a denial. Try Plan B if you have. but bear in mind that God has better plans for everyone.
I see the glass cup has half filled rather than half empty. I am in the 12mnth of my treatment. 12months gone,6mnths remaining. GOD is my strength. I miss all u guyz here. I am back again!!! smiley cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
Joe980: @Effizy...I think its 3-4 days can't recall. I used them during application.

Are you sure? Anyway i just hope it gets there before January 8th when I am suppose to be in class. its my tuition fee refund request about 1.6Million naira. Cant afford to lose study visa and lose money.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
effizypo:

Are you sure? Anyway i just hope it gets there before January 8th when I am suppose to be in class. its my tuition fee refund request about 1.6Million naira. Cant afford to lose study visa and lose money.
Joe is correct, its 3-4 working days, i have used it severally.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
Sending a scanned copy by email as well may be advisable
effizypo:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
@Bashtee,
what'z up now? I sent an offline to u on YIM.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
TRV_IJN: Sending a scanned copy by email as well may be advisable

Thanks guys. Once again all the best. One day na one day, I go show for Canada. Hope it will be as exciting as I anticipate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
@newacca...time flies. We miss you. Welcome back!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
Joe980: @newacca...time flies. We miss you. Welcome back!

smiley Thanx Bro. All d best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
newacca: With God on our side,we are forging ahead. All those that have gotten their visa. Congrats. I wish u all d best out there. All those that are awaiting medical and those that have done medicals and r awaiting visa,God that started it will complete his good work. Those that were refused,try again in a different way. Delay is never a denial. Try Plan B if you have. but bear in mind that God has better plans for everyone.
I see the glass cup has half filled rather than half empty. I am in the 12mnth of my treatment. 12months gone,6mnths remaining. GOD is my strength. I miss all u guyz here. I am back again!!! smiley cool

I wish you God's speed in your recovery and May you find the fulfillment you seek in your treatment in Jesus name. I read about your case on one of the threads and am glad to know you are still keeping hope alive.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
blink6: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool. Life is good. He believes I'm preparing for an exam. Keep poke-nosing and fooling around.
God'll see us thru. And dnt be offended if I crossed My boundary. I wudn't mind if U guys stp flaunting urselves around my biz, when u know yuh haters. Thanks in advance wink

blink!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by princetoochi: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siga: ...Never heard of it before...but I go google am...lol grin
@Siga,my oga,when(Nigerian time) do u think its nice to call the humber international.I really want to call them now as regards the deadline they gave me the other day which is 5th Dec,2012.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2012
effizypo:

I wish you God's speed in your recovery and May you find the fulfillment you seek in your treatment in Jesus name. I read about your case on one of the threads and am glad to know you are still keeping hope alive.
Thanks so much Bro. I also wish u d best in all your endeavour. Grazie mille,Thanks a lot in Italiano.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
newacca:
Thanks so much Bro. I also wish u d best in all your endeavour. Grazie mille,Thanks a lot in Italiano.

Did you also read about my refusal? Well here is a copy. Help me digest am...lol

REMOVED
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
Sh**T Happen sometimes,we just have to get over it. The hand writing alone is terrifying grin Anyway bro,do u plan re-apply or you got anoda Plan?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
newacca: Sh**T Happen sometimes,we just have to get over it. The hand writing alone is terrifying grin Anyway bro,do u plan re-apply or you got anoda Plan?
You know you are so right. The words "Not Credible" was really annoying. Like I stole or lied or something. Well as for reapplying, I am not thinking about it. Three months to get an evaluation and another 3weeks for a Visa to be issued is terrible. bearing in mind also that my travel documents will be in their courtroom for the duration. should I decide to study before 2014, i will go to New Zealand or Australia but right now, have got some other plans on my mind.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
Glad to hear that u r marching forward. Since u got other Plan. Once again,I wish u all d best. Meet u @ the top!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
effizypo:

Did you also read about my refusal?
Well here is a copy. Help me digest am...lol

Pls oooo,wat is d meaning of not bonafide,nd not credibledid dey not see admission letter in ur application,am really confused o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by alezdegr8: 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
@effizypo what course did you applied for and the duration of the course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
princetoochi:
@Siga,my oga,when(Nigerian time) do u think its nice to call the humber international.I really want to call them now as regards the deadline they gave me the other day which is 5th Dec,2012.
...call right now....u can reach them between 3pm to 11pm Naija time.... call them now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
kanayogod:
Joe is correct, its 3-4 working days, i have used it severally.

@effizypo, why not call the school to find out if they will accept a scanned copy. I sent a scanned copy and received my refund cheque about a month later via UPS from Humber, then waited another 6 weeks (or so) for international clearing (though it was international money order) and of course my Bank cut a huge chunk in fees as if it was part of the national cake not mentioning the unfavourable cross rate used to convert CAD to USD.
With all this forthcoming shortages you should avoid postage fees if possible as it is even more annoying considering the fact that they are not additional expenses linked to a "mission accomplished"; otherwise, I'd go for DHL, UPS or fedex which can be tracked and is more reliable if the document to be sent is so important (you don't want someone telling you it was not received in good time for full refund especially considering the holiday's ahead and be left with no evidence to prove date of delivery). Can U track EMS speedpost?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hello All,

I wish to re apply for the Fall 2013 semester but my travel document (Int'l Passport) will be expiring in July 2014. Is it possible to proceed with renewing the passport before its expiration? If it is, how much does it cost?

I dont want to give any opportunity for another refusal.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
galala123:

@effizypo, why not call the school to find out if they will accept a scanned copy. I sent a scanned copy and received my refund cheque about a month later via UPS from Humber, then waited another 6 weeks (or so) for international clearing (though it was international money order) and of course my Bank cut a huge chunk in fees as if it was part of the national cake not mentioning the unfavourable cross rate used to convert CAD to USD.
With all this forthcoming shortages you should avoid postage fees if possible as it is even more annoying considering the fact that they are not additional expenses linked to a "mission accomplished"; otherwise, I'd go for DHL, UPS or fedex which can be tracked and is more reliable if the document to be sent is so important (you don't want someone telling you it was not received in good time for full refund especially considering the holiday's ahead and be left with no evidence to prove date of delivery). Can U track EMS speedpost?
...Yea u can track EMS...its effective...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
tainzo: Hello All,

I wish to re apply for the Fall 2013 semester but my travel document (Int'l Passport) will be expiring in July 2014. Is it possible to proceed with renewing the passport before its expiration? If it is, how much does it cost?

I dont want to give any opportunity for another refusal.

Cheers.
...July 2014 is far away bro...u dont need to renew at the mo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
@galala...sir, EMS could be tracked via UPS. You have given him a good advice and I go with that if he wants to.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
@ J20 i booked Ethiopia airline at 201k for dec 28th. How much did u book air canada to newfoundland? How did u reserve accommodation in memorial uni?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siga: ...July 2014 is far away bro...u dont need to renew at the mo....

well said.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
Joe980: @galala...sir, EMS could be tracked via UPS. You have given him a good advice and I go with that if he wants to.

@Alezdegrt: 2yrs college Diploma in Business mgt
@Siga: thanks but how does one do the tracking? I will appreciate a guide please.
@Galala123: thanks for those info. Please what bank did you use? I thought the school is suppose to bear the bank charges. My bank is GTBank I may have to find out. Galala123 if I may ask, like how much did the bank charge you for doing that then? Please I need answers
@Joe980: how can one track EMS via UPS never heard of that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
@effizypo...google EMS Tracking.....u should have a tracking number when u mailed it....if u dont, then no way to track it but to call the school.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
mercylicious:

I must confess, u make me smile each time u post.
Ur presence is always needed when d house is tensed. U got skills.

Abt comparing aussie and canny, I found sum posts dt is worth sharing. I hope its nt off topic though.

"You are not the 1st person to get confused between Australia/Canada and even NZ! I too decided on Ast/NZ at first and after lots of research on net, reading forums and via personal source (I've friends/ known people in both Australia and Canada), & I finally decided to go for Canada, just 2-3 months ago for studies. I'll be going for JAN 2013 or SEPT2012 intake:

Now,even though, (A) In Australia, getting off campus work from day 1, is easier as compared to Canada where one must wait for 6 months, show good academic record and then only can apply for off campus work permit and that too work is not guaranteed , (B) getting Australian student visa is a breeze compared to Canadian study permit, (C) with Australia recently introducing attractive open post graduate work permit for international students, (D)Australian economy is overall much better compared to canada,  and finally (E) Australian weather is much better and suitable for desi people compared to chilling cold Canadian weather and yet Canada is preferable(at-least from my point) because of:

1. Costs- Australia is much much more expensive. Australian dollar is much more expensive than Canadian dollar at present. On top, In Canada, in big cities like Toronto, one can manage in 900-1200C$/ month , while in place like Sydney,Australia minimum required by government which you need to show is 15000A$/Annum or 1250A$/month, but my sources say that you need 1500A$/ month to live comfortably. Also fees are much higher for Australian universities.

2. Duration of course and work permit - In Australia ONE MUST STUDY MIN. 2 YEARS COURSE of bachelor's and above for being eligible for post graduate work permit. And that too, by studying 2 years regular Masters (by coursework)(in process spending so much), you get ONLY 2 YEARS POST GRAD WORK PERMIT, compared to 3 years you can get by studying Masters in Canada. On top in Canada one can do course of most levels above 8 months and apply for post graduate work permit.

3. Chances for PR - Like everywhere, and universally what happens is, if you are talented enough, after studies, if you are able to bag a good job usually in your area of study, then you are in a right path for achieving the coveted PR status of that country (be it Canada/Aust./NZ/any other developed immigrant accepting nation). But, reality is NOT all international students can bag a job in their field and in past many immigrants spend their post graduate work permit time doing small jobs, and many even succeeded in getting PR (especially prior to June 2010 in Australia, when rules where much easier and preferable for international students) but not anymore. Now, same applies to Canada, but in many Provincial Nominee programmes (PNPs), allow international students to do a certain level of any skilled job (NOC O,A or B-- and not low level unskilled NOC C or D jobs), which can or cannot be related to one's field depending on province to province. (*For example check out ONTARIO PNP student programme, one can do any NOC O,A or B level job not compulsorily in your area of study and even started a pilot project which can get any international student passing from an ONTARIO Univ. with a 2 years Masters degree to apply for PR without a job offer!). Whereas, in Australia ONE MUST FIND A JOB IN HIS/HER AREA OF STUDY(or related occupations)( or go back after PGWP expires), which believe me, is difficult. So, if you check the current immigration rules in place and compare between Canada (especially PNPs) & Australia, you will realize that chances of getting PR is much higher in Canada than compared to Australia.

Finally,some extra info: When it comes to NZ, I've been advised that NOT to come to NZ as a student (even though NZ is one of best places on earth to settle in), bcoz NZ economy is very very small, very few job opportunities and its very very very tough to find a job in your area of study(which is a requirement for applying to PR in future), and many New zelanders themselves go to Australia for higher studies and searching jobs.

I hope, it will help you to take a decision, although I will strongly suggest to apply for Canadian universities(or colleges if in-case you are not eligible), unless of-course, you have loads of money and time!  wink"

Australia seems to be a very good option that we could consider, but if you watch Animal Planet/Discovery/National Geography, you would be dead scared of living there. You can't go camping, swimming or doing any other fun outdoor activity. The most dangerous specie of most animals are found there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siga: ...July 2014 is far away bro...u dont need to renew at the mo....

Hey Siga, always to the rescue. My reason for asking is that if i re apply in April 2013 for the Fall semester which should run from September 2013 to August 2014, My Passport would have expired and I was made to understand that you must make sure your travel document is valid for the period of your stay before applying for a visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.