Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509402 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
Man still dey wait admission ooo,
na everything Canada take slow?
To give admission na long thing,
To give Visa na die...but, we must enter the place...

Kudos to the UK and US embassy. Are they not doing the same verification of documents?...

I think the workers at CDHC Nigeria needs to be sacked. They are just too incompetent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
Have been following this thread, differed my admission till sept 2013. I just got my loa from fanshawe college ontario. For Pgd information security management. Need help I gathering info on sponsors document. I would appreciate if anyone can reply. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
rashypep: Have been following this thread, differed my admission till sept 2013. I just got my loa from fanshawe college ontario. For Pgd information security management. Need help I gathering info on sponsors document. I would appreciate if anyone can reply. Thanks
the sponsorship documents are affidavit of sponorship,u will get it at the highcourt..it will state that the person is truly sponsoring.secondly,your sponsor will write a letter to the VO stating his relationship with u and assuring the VO that he will sponsor u.thirdly,is your sponsor's financial documents;bank statement for last six months,tax clearance,certificate of incorporation,form C02 and CO7.but this financial dox are for biz people oh

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by francdec4(m): 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
[quote author=ezme]Anyone made app fees payment to University of Alberta before? What was your experience like? I've been having challenges since day 1[/quote

yes i did and had great challenges to. I was able to deduce u cant use a debit card to pay for d application fee. It must be a credit card from visa or master card of any bank. Best wishes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . Canada could be a mini-heaven oh . . . Lol
@ mercilicious and adexcube...pls be patient,it is well.."These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" (Habakkuk 2:3 LB)..ur medical wld come with no conditions..God bless..c u in toronto grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 12:22am On Jan 26, 2013
Siga: ...regina na one 'n'...na 2 n u put there....

sorry mistake but what i mean is dat d one given on the site is not going through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 26, 2013
ezme: Anyone made app fees payment to University of Alberta before? What was your experience like? I've been having challenges since day 1

Hi Ezme,

You can use a Dollar Visa Card to make payment. That was what I used.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 1:15am On Jan 26, 2013
thanks fancdec4 and jenkord, I would try out these options
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 4:55am On Jan 26, 2013
rashypep: Have been following this thread, differed my admission till sept 2013. I just got my loa from fanshawe college ontario. For Pgd information security management. Need help I gathering info on sponsors document. I would appreciate if anyone can reply. Thanks

What kind of help do you need?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2013
lucky Don: the sponsorship documents are affidavit of sponorship,u will get it at the highcourt..it will state that the person is truly sponsoring.secondly,your sponsor will write a letter to the VO stating his relationship with u and assuring the VO that he will sponsor u.thirdly,is your sponsor's financial documents;bank statement for last six months,tax clearance,certificate of incorporation,form C02 and CO7.but this financial dox are for biz people oh

thanks lucky, how about in the case where by the sponsor is not self employed. and what does form c02 and co7 means
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2013
Jokzoh:

What kind of help do you need?

Thanks Jokzoh, i need require doc of what i need to get from my sponsor, in the case whereby she is not self employed. also do you have the CDHC approved format for affidavit of sponsorship

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2013
Below are the various steps involved to study in Canada as a Nigerian...

Step 1: Search for universities and Colleges in Canada, and make a choice (based on Program, Tuition fee, Recognition, Province etc)

Step 2: Meet Admission Requirements - For Graduate studies, most Universities in Canada requires a Nigerian student to have obtained a Second Class Upper with good grades in his/her last 2years of undergraduate studies (i.e 300 and 400L, 400 and 500L etc).
Colleges accept Second Class Lower and Third Class into their Post graduate Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs. Most Canadian Universities doesnt request test of English Language from Nigerian students..

Step 3 - Apply for Admission
Usually you would need to fill an online application with application fees ranging from $70 - $200 paid using a Credit card or Debit Card...Submit supporting documents such as Transcript, Certificate, Letter of Intent, Recommendation letter etc

Step 4: Obtain Letter of Acceptance - If your application for admission is succesful, you would be issued with a LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE, which would be sent to you via email and regular post or courier...Once you receive the Letter of acceptance, you would then proceed to apply for a study permit.

Step 5: Gather Documents for study permit application
In order to obtain a study permit, you would be required to submit the documents listed in the link below.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf

Step 6 : Submit application through VAC or Courier - You can submit your study permit application through the Canadian High Commission designated Visa Application Centre (VFS GLOBAL) in Lagos located at Billing way, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos State...They would charge you a fee of about N5,000 for this service..

You can also submit by sending your packaged application form and supporting documents via Courier. In this case, you are to include a prepaid courier envelope with your application, this would be use to send back ur documents and other instruction.
NB: All study permit applications are processes at the Canadian Deputy High Commision in Victoria Island, Lagos

Step 7: Wait for Response from CDHC through email, VAC or Courier.

After you have submitted, you would wait for response from the embassy either via email or VAC or courier....
NB: Usually, If you submit through VAC, you would be given a tracking number to check you application status.

Step 8: Go For Medicals and Fulfill other condition -
If your application is succesful, you would be instructed to go for Medicals at a designated Clinic. In addition, you might also be asked to pay your first year tuition fee and accomodation...

Step 9: After you have fulfilled the conditions, you would be issued with a Visa to travel to Canada, and a Letter of Introduction to obtain your study permit when you land in Canada.

All the Best....

All Fall 2013 applicants, here are the links to download all the forms and guidelines you need for your study permit application.....

All the Forms
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

1) Instruction guide
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp

2) Checklists
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf

3) Application Form
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1294E.PDF

4) Family Information Form
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.PDF

5) Study Permit Questionnaire
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_2_eng.pdf

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
Please is there any person in the house who applied for PGD in Humber college and has been given admission? They acknowledged the receipt of my payment but no positive information yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Please is there any person in the house who applied for PGD in Humber college and has been given admission? They acknowledged the receipt of my payment but no positive information yet.
...Is ur admission for Fall resumption?...If so, they just started processing Fall applications like 2weeks ago....U may not hear from them till Feb/Mar...so, sit back and relax...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
TO ALL INTENDING APPLICANTS;

It wud be very helpful to you if you can take the pain to read through the thread. YOU NEED to understand how the VOs think so as to know how to prepare your application. There is no one particular format for Visa application packaging- all you need is to understand what they want and present your application with no loopholes in it. However, this is what I have learnt from my experience so far.....

1. You NEED to show that you have enough money to come to Canada, pay your fees, bills & living expenses and eventually return home. You don't want to tell me your distance cousin who had been conspicuously absent in your academic life is suddenly offering to sponsor you to Canada now. You have to be able to PROVE why and how WITH evidence.

2. Show them why you can't wait to return to Nigeria. Please don't tell them you are coming here to study Msc Wireless communication but plan to return home after your studies to manage your Dad's poultry farm or cement depot. ... Not smart!

3. Present a simple application. When too cumbersome it's becomes boring to the VO who probably still has a ton of other applications to treat that day and Don't present unverifiable docs especially as your vital docs. (In this case, A 500 hectares of land in Ngwo Enugu may carry a LESSER weight than an easily verifiable 500k Dangote sugar share certificate at CAHC ~I might be wrong but if I were the VO It would.)

And finally, The SOP is for you to win the heart of the VO. Let it tell a good story about you and dont tell UNREASONABLE lies. Just like you could win a girl's heart with skilful writing, I believe you can also make a VO want to show interest in your application with a nice and concise SOP. I'm going to use American Idol show to buttress my point here: some of the applicants actually scaled tru the initial screening not cos they could really sing but cos of their magnetic personality and their applications (their brief video profile) tell an interesting story about them.
And above all, be prayerful.....Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Please is there any person in the house who applied for PGD in Humber college and has been given admission? They acknowledged the receipt of my payment but no positive information yet.

I did. The initial admissions are out officially on February 1st, though sometimes you may receive info a few days before then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
I WANT TO PUBLISH MY SOP....Its not for you to copy and paste but to use as a guideline.NB: Its not also the best out there but it worked for me....

26/06/2012

The Canadian Embassy,
Visa Office,
P. O Box 54506,
Ikoyi Station,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Ma,

Statement of Purpose

My maternal grandfather was a crude entrepreneur. I still have clear memories of him. I can still remember watching him making business decisions and I used to discuss my business ideas with him. As small as I was then, he never looked down on me. He would ask for my suggestion on new business ideas. I can still remember my grandfather telling me: What a good businessman you are going to make, Opelayor. I never really wanted to do anything else but I dabbled into Science after my JSS3 just because Commercial and Art classes were ignorantly dimmed inferior to Science in my secondary school. Fast-forward years later, I realised that I did not have the burning desire to become a practicing engineer. The profession did not interest me; it was my perception of the profession that had caught my fancy.
Since my graduation, I have been doing quite fine investing in small businesses. But unlike my grandfather, I wanted to take Nigeria’s economic landscape by storm. I have spent a lot of time looking for information on search-engines, the outline of the course-International Business Management, coupled with the excellent reputation of Fanshawe College are my main reasons for choosing Canada. I am especially interested in gaining an insight into the thinking, doctrines and techniques of the International Business Management. Luckily for me, as a graduate engineer I can still delve into Management. With a reputable school like Fanshawe College and a course like International Business Management which exposes students to the nitty-gritty of Business management, I will be able to hone my entrepreneurial and enterprising skills.
Over the years, I have learnt as much practical entrepreneurial skills as I did in Mechanical engineering. The subject matter of the two learning experiences were, of course, very different; but I was engaged in developing my business skills as much as I was in learning Engineering. My long time business/investment experiences have provided a thorough exposure to the various specialties available in Business management, thus stimulating interest in International Business Management. As an undergraduate, I was able to manage and earn good returns on my stock portfolio(see stock documents) running into over a million naira (N1,000,000.00). Though it took a hit after the Nigerian Stock market nearly crashed I have been able to inject an additional four hundred thousand naira (N 400,000.00) after the near-crash to nullify the effect of the hit. This is a smart move as the glossy prospect of the Nigerian economy remains of one of the world’s best kept secret.
Goal-wise, I wish to expand my views on business and international management. Presently I am into tricycle leasing, which has been very encouraging. I came up with the idea last year during my NYSC with my brother (Sponsor). I realised that the reason leasing businesses was not thriving in Nigeria is because of the selfish interest of investors/lessors. I then came up with an idea to let the lessee take total possession of the tricycle after a certain period of time to give them a sense of belonging and this has worked like magic. There has been no single default payment on the twelve (12) tricycles I presently leased out. However, I plan to return back to Nigeria after my studies to harness the various business and investment potentials that are begging for attention in Nigeria that only foreign investors have been able to take advantage of. My long-term goal is to own a leasing company that would rival the likes of Arval leasing company and Lease link of Canada.
I believe in my abilities and I know I have all it takes to succeed in Nigeria. [b]This is not a ploy to abscond from my country [/b]but a step in life to sharpen my knowledge to becoming a well-rounded and polished person both in education and life. I also look forward to experiencing the different foods, lifestyle and culture of the people of Canada.
Thanks in anticipation of your positive consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

Xxxxxx xxxx.

My brother was my sponsor and he only sworn to pay tuition and accommodation in the Affidavit ot support letter. I got my TRV!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Emblem(m): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
Siga: ...just heard about it from one of the Nairaland guys last yr.....believe never knew there is a college with that name ...lol...that tells u how big the school is...lol

LMAO. Egbon Siga, av U̶̲̥̅̊ ever considered standup comedy as a part-time job? Dollars yen ti ma poju. Nice one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
Emblem:

LMAO. Egbon Siga, av U̶̲̥̅̊ ever considered standup comedy as a part-time job? Dollars yen ti ma poju. Nice one.
...Trust me my guy...u never know....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by biggybanking: 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
This ur response is so stupid,I knew why I asked.I am looking for who is experienced in the search dat I might probably motivate.I don't hav enough time because of the nature of my job.so plz if Ʊ dnt hav gud understanding of a message I will advice Ʊ keep quiet!Nonsense
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by biggybanking: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
I respect your post enough God Bless Ʊ.I don't mind talking 2 Ʊ regularly for ur assistance.I will be glad τ̅☺ get your email adress or contakt.
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
biggybanking: This ur response is so stupid,I knew why I asked.I am looking for who is experienced in the search dat I might probably motivate.I don't hav enough time because of the nature of my job.so plz if Ʊ dnt hav gud understanding of a message I will advice Ʊ keep quiet!Nonsense
@bigbanky u don't insult peeps like that. If u want something and u don't have time to do reaserch, go and pay who will do it for u that is why agents are there. Pls don't come here and insult any body cos nobody is your slave.. There are better ways to talk wthout insulting people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
Prof. Siga and all d gurus i greet you oo! Pls what is your take on these schools MSc in food science. Mcgill uni, uni guelph, uni british columbia, and uni skekachawen in terms of ranking cos my guy just got a blank cheque to study in Ca.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
seedgie: Prof. Siga and all d gurus i greet you oo! Pls what is your take on these schools MSc in food science. Mcgill uni, uni guelph, uni british columbia, and uni skekachawen in terms of ranking cos my guy just got a blank cheque to study in Ca.
....I will choose Mcgill...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
seedgie: Prof. Siga and all d gurus i greet you oo! Pls what is your take on these schools MSc in food science. Mcgill uni, uni guelph, uni british columbia, and uni skekachawen in terms of ranking cos my guy just got a blank cheque to study in Ca.

Boss, UBC and McGill are among the top ranked Universities in Canada. So, I expect them to deliver high quality teaching and research...

UofS is also one of the fastest growing research hub among the top ranked universities (Top 15). Though, not in the class of McGill University, University of Toronto and UBC..But equally a very good University.

So your friend is good to go......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
Siga: ....I will choose Mcgill...

McGill Vs UBC...I guess McGill is in Montreal, Quebec and UBC in Vancouver, British Columbia..

@Siga, why would you choose McGill instead of UBC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by abnice2004: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
Pls I need undergraduate uni dat are recognisd and not xpensive. I want to study sociology.am just 18yrs do I av advantage of getin my trv?tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
Thanks guys, mcgill and BC final answer? Lol. He has cgpa of 4.38 so i want to tell him to apply for the two schools but i fancy mcgill sha....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
abnice2004: Pls I need undergraduate uni dat are recognisd and not xpensive. I want to study sociology.am just 18yrs do I av advantage of getin my trv?tanks

Memorial University of Newfoundland
www.mun.ca

University of Prince Edward Island
www.upei.ca

University of Saskatchewan
www.usask.ca

University of Manitoba
www.umanitoba.ca

University of Regina
www.uregina.ca

Brandon University

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.