Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510629 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2013
Invincible1: Hi all, I was at the Lagos leg of the Canada Education fair on Saturday the 26th mainly to attend the visa application seminar. I did not learn anything significantly different from all that's been discussed on this forum.

However,the major info I got which explains the delay in Visa processing times is that there are only two Visa officers processing the Canadian visa applications of the whole Naija applicants ....whether it be student, tourist, Visiting, etc visas. You can imagine our shock.

Also, CDHC will soon start E-applications -I think this should be in the month of March or May,I can't remember when exactly but before October this year when the Biometrics requirements will also come into effect.

The good news about the E-application is that apart from filling and submitting the application forms,Questionnaire etc online, you will only have to scan and upload all your documents-including the data page of your International passport online. So, no more CDHC holding unto your Int'l passports for ever.

However, if they are not clear about any of your documents they will write you and ask to see the Original copies. Also very importantly,when they are very certain that they want to issue an applicant the TRV, they will request for Him/Her to submit the Original Int'l passport for them to view/sight and at the same time place the TRV in it.

Hope we find these information useful.

Thanks for the info, what did they say on ties to home country. i have noticed most people don't use so much landed properties anymore.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2013
Only two visa officers, and how many bank drafts do they get every month? This is wickedness and the government cant even do anything about it, too bad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Onyeoma3: 10:01am On Jan 28, 2013
Invincible1: Hi all, I was at the Lagos leg of the Canada Education fair on Saturday the 26th mainly to attend the visa application seminar. I did not learn anything significantly different from all that's been discussed on this forum.

However,the major info I got which explains the delay in Visa processing times is that there are only two Visa officers processing the Canadian visa applications of the whole Naija applicants ....whether it be student, tourist, Visiting, etc visas. You can imagine our shock.

Also, CDHC will soon start E-applications -I think this should be in the month of March or May,I can't remember when exactly but before October this year when the Biometrics requirements will also come into effect.

The good news about the E-application is that apart from filling and submitting the application forms,Questionnaire etc online, you will only have to scan and upload all your documents-including the data page of your International passport online. So, no more CDHC holding unto your Int'l passports for ever.

However, if they are not clear about any of your documents they will write you and ask to see the Original copies. Also very importantly,when they are very certain that they want to issue an applicant the TRV, they will request for Him/Her to submit the Original Int'l passport for them to view/sight and at the same time place the TRV in it.

Hope we find these information useful.

A welcome development indeed. E-application will definitely make the entire process less stressful...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 10:53am On Jan 28, 2013
eldred the don: Finally in Ottawa noww......mehhhhn o boy, dis cold no be joke oooooo......and pole here are saying its not even bad yet......God dey.....

hey guy..abeg can u guide me small as regards offcamp accommodation in uottawa..?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:56am On Jan 28, 2013
Bruv...@nivax should help out also.
kenniy:

hey guy..abeg can u guide me small as regards offcamp accommodation in uottawa..?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2013
Joe980: Bruv...@nivax should help out also.

thanks plenty..saw his email somewhere with one of his posts..sent him an email..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Glan: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2013
@Siga,

could you advice which one is better, wireless networking program at George Brown College or wireless Telecommunications at Humber College.
i have checked the website of both schools, i found out that the course outline are almost same, the few diff i could see is the number of semesters GBC is 3 semesters and Humber is 2. Humber tuition is cheaper. kindly advice considering the prospects of getting job after program completion and which of them have more affiliation to telecommunication companies over there in Canada. tnx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 12:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
adexcube: Only two visa officers, and how many bank drafts do they get every month? This is wickedness and the government cant even do anything about it, too bad.
adexcube.how ur side?any word yet?mehn me i dey run helter skelter to find dose fees to pay oo...not an easy thing at all..just checking up on u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
Glan: @Siga,

could you advice which one is better, wireless networking program at George Brown College or wireless Telecommunications at Humber College.
i have checked the website of both schools, i found out that the course outline are almost same, the few diff i could see is the number of semesters GBC is 3 semesters and Humber is 2. Humber tuition is cheaper. kindly advice considering the prospects of getting job after program completion and which of them have more affiliation to telecommunication companies over there in Canada. tnx.
....Very good question...here is the funny story....

I did Wireless Telecomms at Humber and I also had a close friend that took Wireless Networking at GBC....we did it same time...he had experience in Networking and pursuing is CCNA back then, so he went for that...I wasnt interested in Networking but Telecomms cos I graduated from Naija in Electronics Telecomms Engr. so...its ur interest....If u already have Networking background...go for GBC....

We both got jobs pretty much after we finished and two different Telecomms company....2 of the 3 major carriers...so, bro...its ur interest pretty much...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
@ oga siga

Good day boss,i want to first say ure being a great help to everyone here,thanks.I needed some help regarding my conditions giving to me regarding tution fees and board, i have gotten a house owner in the GTA to issue me a receipt as concerns the board, but the tuition is $40k,my sponsor my dad dosen't have such money in cash as he lives in the us and is mostly into stock,but the bank has agreed to write a promisory note on his behalf to the school covering this fees(a bank guarantee)and the school want to write that in the letter of confirmation of receipt they have recieved a bank guarantee for the said sum from schwab bank promising to pay in trounces of 10k every week,but unfortunately my deadline would have elapsed before they complete that,do you think the cdhc would frown on these or they would understand,as i was previously arrranged to be on a pay as you go basis with the school.what do you think sir?Please other members of the house are welcome to assist me as my days are flying and i really have to meet this conditions,thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
@mosquitoway ...I dont think u have a problem bro...Write a supporting letter urself or better still have ur dad write a letter from Yankee with a lawyer notarising it....the letter will explain why the payment is in that order...no wahala...u will be fine bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
Siga: @mosquitoway ...I dont think u have a problem bro...Write a supporting letter urself or better still have ur dad write a letter from Yankee with a lawyer notarising it....the letter will explain why the payment is in that order...no wahala...u will be fine bro...
k thanks a lot boss..was really getting frustrated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
mosquitoway: k thanks a lot boss..was really getting frustrated

How much is ur flight school? No aids at all from them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
ferdimako:

How much is ur flight school? No aids at all from them?
no aids boss,but it is meant to be pay as you go,per flight,but cdhc have decided to hit me with a big one once...but God dey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
Invincible1: Jokzoh...Nice SOP, you sure say no be Journalism you suppose dey study so?....lol

very narrative and captivating....you try.

Smile...Thought I wud give back to the people who made it possible for me. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
xtus:

thanks for the info......... Although it sucks to hear dat only 2 VISA OFFICER is in charge of processing the entire application but is also a relief to hear d E-application dat is coming so.
God bless u for d info

Yes O my broda, just that from time to time they get external assistance for about 6 weeks or thereabout to clear the heavy backlog that they inevitably had gathered but that is still no consolation at all.

Maybe I should modify my post and include the temporary external assistance for our general info too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
ezme:

Thanks for the info, what did they say on ties to home country. i have noticed most people don't use so much landed properties anymore.

Hi ezme,I really didn't inquire about this neither did any of the other attendees. Our questions were kind of limited cos the facilitator refused to answer "what if" questions and so I guess the enthusiasm to ask specific questions became dampened. I mean she practically just regurgitated the info on their website.

However, It still does not excuse the fact that I plainly forgot to ask an important question as this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
Invincible1:

Hi ezme,I really didn't inquire about this neither did any of the other attendees. Our questions were kind of limited cos the facilitator refused to answer "what if" questions and so I guess the enthusiasm to ask specific questions became dampened. I mean she practically just regurgitated the info on their website.

However, It still does not excuse the fact that I plainly forgot to ask an important question as this.
....Did they introduce themselves to una?... I believe the Abuja info session is this week....so, any Abuja pple wey dey here...if una get time....plz attend...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
@Invincible1...any info about the 10days processing time?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Invincible1 takes for the info bro.. Appreciate you explaining how the online thing works!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
Invincible1:

Yes O my broda, just that from time to time they get external assistance for about 6 weeks or thereabout to clear the heavy backlog that they inevitably had gathered.

Just thot to ask was the info on number of V'0s just stated or they were introduced & attendees fielded them with questions; if the later, are they locals or foreigners?

Even 2 V'Os are nt enuf for study permit app's alone hw mch more evrythn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
Siga: ....Did they introduce themselves to una?... I believe the Abuja info session is this week....so, any Abuja pple wey dey here...if una get time....plz attend...

Oga Siga I hail o! Domo Sir!(that one na Benin greeting.....lol). Yes the main facilitator did introduce herself and her colleague and she said she was the head Visa processing officer while the other lady was her deputy. I wish I had jotted down their names and designation....oh well,the faintest pencil is really better than the sharpest brain........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
Invincible1:

Oga Siga I hail o! Domo Sir!(that one na Benin greeting.....lol). Yes the main facilitator did introduce herself and her colleague and she said she was the head Visa processing officer while the other lady was her deputy. I wish I had jotted down their names and designation....oh well,the faintest pencil is really better than the sharpest brain........
....U too Domo....Hmmmm...are they Nigerians or na so so Oyinbo dem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hello house. Help me thank God as I sucessfully renewed my family's US visa today after being turned down last year for having a baby there. My main target is canny visa and hope my application scales through for fall 2013.
The queue at the US embassy in Abuja was something else as we were on queue from 9am till our interview @ 2.30pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
@galala123...congrats bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by vooz(f): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
lucky Don: i am a serving corp member(batch A)...u dont have any problem at all.What u will do is to attach your photocpy of your nysc identity card and a photocopy of your call up letter.U can include your photographs that u snaped in your nysc attire.Just include it in your application and u are good to go..thats what i did.

Thanks for d info.May God see us all thru.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
mosquitoway: no aids boss,but it is meant to be pay as you go,per flight,but cdhc have decided to hit me with a big one once...but God dey.

Whao! So it wld have been way lesser that 40K. Embassy is mean! Maybe the promissory arrangement will do the job. Who has 40K to dole out at once? Since the school knows what they want from you now or your first yr tuition, you shld pay in that and the school covers the 40K in receipt for embassy to see and free you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
vooz:

Thanks for d info.May God see us all thru.[color=#770077][/color]
Yea definitely,God Almighty shall see all of us through in Jesus name.Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 12:50am On Jan 29, 2013
Joe980: @Invincible1...any info about the 10days processing time?

Hello Joe980...Nothing was said about the 10days processing time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:01am On Jan 29, 2013
Invincible1:

Hello Joe980...Nothing was said about the 10days processing time.
...That 10 day thingy pass them for CDHC...they need to be sure they have the resources to back it up....and u know....they are not like Naija wey go start something without proper forecast....at least dem fit try am out...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 1:44am On Jan 29, 2013
Don Cipher:

Just thot to ask was the info on number of V'0s just stated or they were introduced & attendees fielded them with questions; if the later, are they locals or foreigners?

Even 2 V'Os are nt enuf for study permit app's alone hw mch more evrythn.

Don Cipher & Oga Siga..........The VOs are Foreigners (two ladies to be precise).Dem be white Canadians not even Black-Canadians (one of dem wan get small chinko abi na aborigine look sef).

And the head VO just introduced herself and also introduced(pointed to)her deputy who was seated on the front row backing us. It was only after the session when I approached her to ask questions on why some older applications were being delayed meanwhile other applications submitted afterwards had been settled and dispatched with, that I noticed her features and that she was aboriginal/chinko looking...lol.

Actually the session went like this....."Good Morning ladies and gentlemen I am bla..bla..bla the head VO at the CDHC lagos and I'm here with my deputy bla..bla..bla. We are the only officers in charge of processing visa requests at the CDHC and we are here to give you a general overview of the requirements to apply for a Canadian TRV and study permit,I am not here to answer 'what-if' scenarios so I will appreciate it if we keep our questions as general as possible and pls reserve your questions till the end of my presentation when we will all be given an opportunity for Q & A.........."

And Yes I almost forgot to tell us that I inquired from the deputy VO and she said they are currently processing all October applications. This was because during the Q & A session, her colleague had told us that they were presently handling October ending applications. So, I approached them to find out why some earlier applications(both in October and previous months)had not been concluded on. She (the deputy VO) gave me the assurance that all applications were being attended to and did not necessarily have to be turned out as they came in because each application was different and unique on its own and so some need more verification of docs than others, hence the cause of the 'seemingly' delay.

Now this one don dey turn epistle o!.....I beg to rest my case at this point.... grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.