Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513155 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:44am On Jul 23, 2012
bumdish:

I totally agree with the fact that the sanctity of Threads must be kept, the "Hidden Post" thingy is also very annoying as readers become even more curious to know what the Moderators are hiding. You can imagine what facebook would have become by now if you keep seeing "Hidden Post" on comment threads or some dude issuing out a profile deletion threat. I had rather that posts are secretly hidden [b]while the poster is privately engaged by the way of email , some red alert message on the individual's profile [/b]or outright profile deletion if need be. Same thing goes for threads closure, participants should be pre-informed by email or something else rather than the rude red THREAD CLOSED stamp.

Nairaland has done well, guess it time to make the system even more intelligent.

That is being done here in NL already, Mods do send warning messages which appears on your front page in red.

You can not compile Facebook to nl, nl is much easier to monitor hence the ability to hide any post or thread deemed inappropriate, you can't do that in Facebook with a membership equivalent to a population of country but when you commit any crime using facebook your account will be deleted and your details will be handed over to the authority.

Hiding post is better because one can bring it out again if needed or edit it and remove any personal detail on it.

That said. . . you can't please everybody.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2012
@ justwise, @ all

kindly ignore this issue
as i feel enough has been said on this
anybody that falls prey have him/herself to blame
kindly lets move on with important infos while the moderator takes appropiate step without any futher warning pls
This thread is the very useful and informative

Kind Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2012
justwise:

That is being done here in NL already, Mods do send warning messages which appears on your front page in red.

You can not compile Facebook to nl, nl is much easier to monitor hence the ability to hide any post or thread deemed inappropriate, you can't do that in Facebook with a membership equivalent to a population of country but when you commit any crime using facebook your account will be deleted and your details will be handed over to the authority.

Hiding post is better because one can bring it out again if needed or edit it and remove any personal detail on it.

That said. . . you can't please everybody.

This una customer service wey honest advice is greeted with the bolded. God help unna
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2012
@justwise-well,i wudn't blame u anymore as per d way u reactd 2 my post(first impression maters alot in relating wif pple) considering ur eforts and responsibitities abt dis thread on NL.Once again i said KUDOS 2U,more power 2ur elbow and wish u success in all ur endevours in all ramifications of life.Good Luck 2u! But u wouldn't blame me much cos i did nt know in d first instance dat mentioning agent/agency issue is 4biding here.all i know is dat when corecting sm1 u is ignorant on something,1 shud b mild enof and not b arogant abt it.ONE LOVE NONI!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2012
@bumdish-infact i like ur intelligent qoucient,i appreciate ur way of life.dis shows ur level of reasoning in accomodating and friendly way in dealing wif pple u've not even met.u ar just 2good 2relate with.thanks alot 4 being kind on me.May God in His Infinite Mercies grant ur heart desires.i would like 2av ur mail address at bakorede_gesbest4u@yahoo.com.YES! U ar kind of a person 2follow.u can follow me on twitter @bakorede.thankz,av a lovly day!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2012
@earthgreeners-well,i don't av anything 2 complement ur effort here.pls,just don't write/talk wen u av nothing 2 write/say.it's not evry1 sm1 can just talk 2 any how!av a lovly day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jasmine007: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2012
@Bakorede....You have done the right thing by apologizing for what you really don't seem to know is an offense in here....Now please @all , since this guy is the first to start this issue lets just have him be the last as well to talk about it..... No more comments or suggestions or talks on it anymore ...Leave off Y'all.... All the best to everyone Cheers'''

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2012
Bakorede: @justwise-well,i wudn't blame u anymore as per d way u reactd 2 my post(first impression maters alot in relating wif pple) considering ur eforts and responsibitities abt dis thread on NL.Once again i said KUDOS 2U,more power 2ur elbow and wish u success in all ur endevours in all ramifications of life.Good Luck 2u! But u wouldn't blame me much cos i did nt know in d first instance dat mentioning agent/agency issue is 4biding here.all i know is dat when corecting sm1 u is ignorant on something,1 shud b mild enof and not b arogant abt it.ONE LOVE NONI!

Nice 1
lets move on

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2012
I see alot of people this morning don't really have important stuff to say, so they over flog petty issues and every comment. Please, remember that this forum is to share ideas, experiences and opinions. If a certain comment doesn't seem well to you, please ignore and seek for useful ones. I see no reason for attacking fellow members when we all have a common interest which is to be educated on the particular subject . Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Aks(m): 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
@ All,

What is the update on those expectiving medicals and TRV

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
Any news on medicals and TRV in the house?..............

ebugirl, fflower, dipo, sirdam, solomon, lyf et al................Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
@ all

A friend want to apply for study permit
his passport is expiring by August 2013
and he;s goin for a prog which duration is jan - dec 2013
immigration has refused to renew passport since it's not expired yet
pls advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jasmine007: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
So its exactly 3months today that CDHC received and started processing my application , its still being processed with no medical invite yet.. I think i have waited enough expecting a miracle but as it is right now i wouldn't mind having my passport back asap because i need to refresh and reboot by visiting UK on a long long holiday lol....It'll be stupid of me to request that they deny me and send back my docs so i'll just wait another 1month in their nest and see where it all ends but to be honest , The Wait is really a Killer Instinct....

@all ... Once you have submitted your application to CDHC for processing, make sure you're drawing out plans for the plan B you had in mind before submission.

Prepare your mind for anything and always Attack The Day"... CHEERS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
@jasmine007 The wait is not easy, keep hoping for the best. Have you tried going to cdhc to find out what's up with your application? Who's your sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by chizyb: 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
pls i hav followed this thread closely and i want to know if there is anyone awaiting for canadian visiting visa,i applied since early May till date no response and i want to go to der office at VI to make enquiry as regards my status cos i want to apply for SA visa. i was meant to attend a conference in june so i put conference and vacation as purpose for the trip, conference gone and d time i put for my annual leave past. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jasmine007: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
[quote author=Sir P!]@jasmine007 The wait is not easy, keep hoping for the best. Have you tried going to cdhc to find out what's up with your application? Who's your sponsor?

No i didn't go to their office as i don't just wanna look desperate or curious but if it comes to that i'll have to' if just to withdraw my stuff (maybe)... I used my mom and uncle as sponsors , i observe the other sponsor is the issue, they just want your immediate relative to sponsor you or you yourself ... Immediate relatives re Mother/Father or sibling.... Last year they treated all those applications with uncles as sponsor well but this year they've simply ignored most if not all of them cus i've not seen any called for medical yet.... Though delay is not denial so lets keep believing ...Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
Jasmine007: So its exactly 3months today that CDHC received and started processing my application , its still being processed with no medical invite yet.. I think i have waited enough expecting a miracle but as it is right now i wouldn't mind having my passport back asap because i need to refresh and reboot by visiting UK on a long long holiday lol....It'll be stupid of me to request that they deny me and send back my docs so i'll just wait another 1month in their nest and see where it all ends but to be honest , The Wait is really a Killer Instinct....

@all ... Once you have submitted your application to CDHC for processing, make sure you're drawing out plans for the plan B you had in mind before submission.

Prepare your mind for anything and always Attack The Day"... CHEERS
9ice advice 4rm u there.do u know dat a quiter never wins and a winner never quits.since u talk abt plan B,then one has 2c wat wil hapen 2project A(plan A)first.by HIS(God) grace we wil all b 4fortunate IJN!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2sexy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
justwise:

Yes its that case, it was played out here https://www.nairaland.com/706047/crystal-service-immigration-scam/23#9124151

See page 23 for pictures of victims in National Theater with their bags waiting for be lifted to Canada.
Jeez... I didn't know it all started from here. This is one reason why we need to educate people more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
[quote author=Jasmine007][/quote]

Ill advice if you'll have to go withdraw, when you get there inquire about it , then if nothing comes from that, you can pull out your app.. I think I've heard of people who went to pull and got medicals / trv.. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
@all, i want to ask that which of the two VAC or VFS is the best for submitting documents for student TRV,and what are their fees/charges.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
Danyl: @all, i want to ask that which of the two VAC or VFS is the best for submitting documents for student TRV,and what are their fees/charges.

Danyl, vfs global is a Visa Application Centre(VAC) commissioned by the Canadian Deputy High Commission(CDHC) to collate visa application on their behalf.

When you submit your application at vfs global, you will pay a service charge of less than 5,000.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
@all,
I got sum bad news. Status changed to ready for collection . No medicals. Was planning to go to Lag tommorow bt I will have to relax . I don't even have enough money to re-apply now though I have jan start date left. I have abt 2.6m in fixed dep, gave a friend 250k which will nt be repaid soon. Nt sure I will be able to raise N1m again. Gosh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
ritze: @ all

pls advice
Immigration is not supposed to refuse renewal when d passport specs is clearly stated by d embassy. Got mine renewed some years back wen I was only even applying for a US B1 visa. Just print a copy of a page fron nigeria.gc.ca where passport requirements are stated n take it to d NIS office, dey would see reason to renew it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
Who is ur sponsor...I am Still waiting for mine too 2months and 3weeks now.. Na wa ohhh

I should have applied for usa visa..

mercylicious: @all,
I got sum bad news. Status changed to ready for collection . No medicals. Was planning to go to Lag tommorow bt I will have to relax . I don't even have enough money to re-apply now though I have jan start date left. I have abt 2.6m in fixed dep, gave a friend 250k which will nt be repaid soon. Nt sure I will be able to raise N1m again. Gosh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2012
Self sponsor
Applied 27th March
Statement- 3.7 closing balance
D acnt neva went below 1.7m frm d beggining of d statement.
Ill update reasons for denial as soon as I get it frm Vac
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
@ ffflowers and all that ive go their TRV, congrats.
@mercylicious sorry about the bad news. i bliv God has reasons 4 everything.
Its getting more serious oo cos im a self sponsor too. i also noticed that most Feb and march applicant got denial was it that it was too earlier or what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hello People, my pal just got his admission letter from Memorial university, Newfoundland against Masters in Oil & Gas. The admission package was mailed on 17th July 2012 and got here today;23July 2012.The Delta State Government is sponsoring. What are the documents that Visa office needs. It is Vsf Global right? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2012
ritze: @ all

pls advice

What your friend should ask for is passport extension, nt renewal.
I did mine on feb before applying in march.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 8:43am On Jul 24, 2012
mercylicious: Self sponsor
Applied 27th March

Its so sad to hear this. Take heart and don't give up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2012
Applied same day too.
I guess 27th or 28th ... Na waoo.

Me my uncle is My sponsor.
Still waiting.
I feel like going to collect my docs back next month if i don't hear from them this month.

Tired of this waiting.

Applied 27th March
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2012
moty4all: Applied same day too.
I guess 27th or 28th ... Na waoo.

Me my uncle is My sponsor.
Still waiting.
I feel like going to collect my docs back next month if i don't hear from them this month.

Tired of this waiting.

Don't worry, you will get it this week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
Applied 27th March

sorry about that. I believe God's time is the right time. Are u married or single? Self employed or employee of a company? what other assets did you submit aside bank statement and did you liquidate your fixed deposit into your statement before printing out or not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.