Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509575 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Hinxx: 10:17am On Jan 30, 2013
harry01: good day house please i will love to go to canada please is there a way to boycott the $100 registration fee for their university application . thanks

Are you going to also wanna boycott your tuition fee eventually when CDHC ask you to pay? So No,you cant,most schools will not even treat your application and take you serious,without the payment of the fee.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cyril83(m): 10:39am On Jan 30, 2013
pj5: People I've got a testimony! I had applied for visitor's visa for a short study program. My application got to the embassy January 2nd. I then received an email from the school where I was offered a scholarship that there will be a visa cut off time. I asked for advise here and Siga said na only prayer fit do am. Prayer do am true true oh! I emailed the embassy last monday informing them of the deadline given to me by the school. Them no reply, but today, I have my visa in my hands!
Thank you everyone. May God do yours speedily too. Amen
congrats sis...pls which schl did you apply to and how did you go about it...pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
This embassy people no dey apply FIFO method at all, now in October/November, what happened to August/Sept? They are so confused.

mercylicious:

They have replied my mail wit d usual mail of 4 to 6 months, bt this time, they included my file number and told me to quote it in future correspondence.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2013
harry01: good day house please i will love to go to canada please is there a way to boycott the $100 registration fee for their university application . thanks

It's very possible, u can boycott evrythn frm Uni app fees, Visa, Tuition, esp Air fares & jst swim all d way to Canada, u dnt nid to bother urself abt POE.

Hope ds helps...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
Don Cipher:

It's very possible, u can boycott evrythn frm Uni app fees, Visa, Tuition, esp Air fares & jst swim all d way to Canada, u dnt nid to bother urself abt POE.

Hope ds helps...
Guy, shoooo, you harsh ooo! Swimming will be too tiringly, pls Harry, dont mind him joor, trekking is a more viable option.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
Don Cipher:

Hope ds helps...

YOU WANT TO GO TO CANADA BUT YOU DONT WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR APPLICATION FEES,YOUR NOT SERIOUS FOR THE FIRST TIME JUST GO AND SLEEP NOT UNTIL L YOU ARE READY FOR IT PEOPLE THAT ARE HERE ARE SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE WHO ARE READY FOR IT.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by biggybanking: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Sir siga,I respect Ʊ so much, please I studied banking and finance @ bsc level,what do Ʊ think I can do @ masters level and which institution wuld be better and affordable?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
Don Cipher:

Hope ds helps...

i literally LOL'd at ds..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
kanayogod:
Guy, shoooo, you harsh ooo! Swimming will be too tiringly, pls Harry, dont mind him joor, trekking is a more viable option.

You guys its not funny, if you don't want to help then don't say anything.. @harry don't mind them. Just go to Third mainland close your eyes and walk just 100 steps (equivalent to your application fee) then open your eyes, you'll see your self at the outskirts of Toronto..

Thank me when you get there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
biggybanking: Sir siga,I respect Ʊ so much, please I studied banking and finance @ bsc level,what do Ʊ think I can do @ masters level and which institution wuld be better and affordable?

A grown up man like you....
SMH

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
mercylicious: E be like say na d baby oku I saw @ vfs d day I submitted. She short, chubby, chinko face, come perforate her ear up to 3 places . She also wear gold earrings for d 3 perforation - dnt mind me, dt was d only thing dt caught my attention.

My application is 20 weeks today. I just sent them a reminder mail.

Na wa o! Me wey dey submit next month. God Dey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
efosa12345: This embassy people no dey apply FIFO method at all, now in October/November, what happened to August/Sept? They are so confused.

Did u confirm that they have started processing oct/nov applications?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
omosanyaolak:
take it easy bro. My application is over 22 weeks old. You know Thats absurd and i think they'r unprofessional with the time taken to process the study visa. Just be patient and see what God has in stock for you!
Broda, hw far? Still haven't hrd frm dem yet...I tink u shld go to the embassy cus u submitted since august 3rd, they'll hear u out...trust me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by coldgate(f): 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
mozo:

You guys its not funny, if you don't want to help then don't say anything.. @harry don't mind them. Just go to Third mainland close your eyes and walk just 100 steps (equivalent to your application fee) then open your eyes, you'll see your self at the outskirts of Toronto..

Thank me when you get there

Idan ka yi tambaya mai kyau, za'a baka ansa mai kyau! Stupid question begets stupid answer! Finito. Mozo is correct.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
earthgreeners:

A grown up man like you....
SMH

+ he has first class...LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
I think we should all take it easy on him. Though It is in our Nigerian nature to seek short-cuts, wanting to reap the fruits of hard work but lack the mental discipline to follow our plans through. It all boils down to how badly he wants it. I was once told the only stupid question is a one not asked. Maybe your collective sarcasm may be all he needs to motivate him to find this information on his own. But, we are all family here, we should just point him in the right direction and let him take it up from there.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
Don Cipher:

Hope ds helps...
Don C am really rolling on the floor with laughter. Nice one bro best advice 2013.
D guy Neva ready make e go sleep!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
I got my admission for fall 2013 PG program at Humber College today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
galala123: I got my admission for fall 2013 PG program at Humber College today.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2013

I got my admission for fall 2013 PG program at Humber College today.

I also applied for Enterprise Soft. Dev. in Humber for Fall 2013, but I have not heard from them. The receipt of my application was acknowledged since 10 Jan 2013.
Please, what date did they specify for your tuition payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
VCTROKOYE:

I also applied for Enterprise Soft. Dev. in Humber for Fall 2013, but I have not heard from them. The receipt of my application was acknowledged since 10 Jan 2013.
Please, what date did they specify for your tuition payment?

26th June, 2013.

I applied through Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) to 3 institutions and have received offer letters from 2 of them. Humber is my preferred choice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
galala123: I got my admission for fall 2013 PG program at Humber College today.

Congrats, Good one.. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Dehonourable: 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
@ Godie20, pls do humber college accept 2.2 and third class for PGDiploma engineering?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
Dehonourable: @ Godie20, pls do humber college accept 2.2 and third class for PGDiploma engineering?

I have no idea sir, i dont go to humber, But ehem u can just ask Oga Siga.. he knows much more abt Humber..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
Goldie20:

Congrats, Good one.. smiley
@Goldie20 and Bukahands, Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Coleran: 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
@siga cdhc requested that my friend pay 1 yr tuition but the college insisted he pay only the due fee on his loa.
Please what is your advise?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Coleran: @siga cdhc requested that my friend pay 1 yr tuition but the college insisted he pay only the due fee on his loa.

Though the question was for Siga. In my opinion, if he has the money, he should just wire it to the school with his student number and the purpose and then print the telex copy for the embassy. I do not think that the school will reject the money!
these embassy people can be funny. You don't want to give them an excuse to turn you down coz even if they make a mistake, they will not go back to review their judgement. The only appeal is to re-apply after they release your detained docs and passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Coleran: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
galala123:

Though the question was for Siga. In my opinion, if he has the money, he should just wire it to the school with his student number and the purpose and then print the telex copy for the embassy. I do not think that the school will reject the money!
these embassy people can be funny. You don't want to give them an excuse to turn you down coz even if they make a mistake, they will not go back to review their judgement. The only appeal is to re-apply after they release your detained docs and passport.

Thanks Galala points noted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
Coleran: @siga cdhc requested that my friend pay 1 yr tuition but the college insisted he pay only the due fee on his loa.
....galala had a valid point....since all he has to show CDHC is the wire transfer slip from Naija...he can go ahead and pay full tuition and submit the slip....but the school will refund the overpayment...but another thing is how many yrs is the program....CDHC might only want 1yr tuition but indicate full....so, if the school refuses to take the money....tell him to present the letter showing the school refused overpayment....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by genep: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
Please can anyone please send a sample/copy of a letter to secure a supervisor for MSc research. philipsgene@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by owenklay: 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
alezdegr8: @Harry01, yes by not applying for school admission.
lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Coleran: 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
Siga: ....galala had a valid point....since all he has to show CDHC is the wire transfer slip from Naija...he can go ahead and pay full tuition and submit the slip....but the school will refund the overpayment...but another thing is how many yrs is the program....CDHC might only want 1yr tuition but indicate full....so, if the school refuses to take the money....tell him to present the letter showing the school refused overpayment....
King Siga tx for being around.The program is 3yrs and d college wants him to pay for only 1 semester has indicated in his LOA but he got directive from cdhc to pay 1yr tuition, board and get a new start date.The funny thing Is that his prog only start in Sept and Jan only.No may start date.Can TRV be issued now for Sept start date?

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.