Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509582 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2013
Its taking to long,ve u tried sending email to d school..
dommakavelli: Everything about canny is just too slow. I sent my docx to U of R since last year n dnt care to update my online application status if they've received them or not.
Has any1 experienced this issue before cos am really worried
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
I already applied to MUN bt am awaiting admission letter, my docs just got deliverd to the school on 7th feb, my application is complete bt decision has nt been made..wats ur email..
dommakavelli: Anybody heading to MUN n UofR?
wanna know if they don they give admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2013
Not yet..docs just arrived canada, have u gotten urs??
EASY32: please has any MUN candidate got their Admission letter? Plz tell us here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
U applied to 3 schools @ a tyme, why is that?? U must have spent lots of applicatn fee
earthgreeners:

Amen my broda.....
I'm also waiting on University of Saskatchewan and University of Manitoba.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2013
teexzle: U applied to 3 schools @ a tyme, why is that?? U must have spent lots of applicatn fee

But that's the way to go. Unless a school assures you of an admission, you apply to say 3 schools at least.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Onyeoma3: 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
ferdimako:

But that's the way to go. Unless a school assures you of an admission, you apply to say 3 schools at least.

Still at that,your admission is not 100% guaranteed ooo...you only try ur best and leave the rest to God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2013
Onye oma:

Still at that,your admission is not 100% guaranteed ooo...you only try ur best and leave the rest to God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
Onye oma: Still at that,your admission is not 100% guaranteed ooo...you only try ur best and leave the rest to God.

Our own is 90% guarantee, guy no come dey scare us at dis point oooo...abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Onyeoma3: 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bro,am just being realistic, that's all...in all we do in life,optimism is needed for sucess. We shall all get there. I give 95+ % guarantee for admission and 90+ % guarantee for TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
earthgreeners:

funny you actually confirmed that it's not 100% by quoting 90%
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2013
kenniy: funny you actually confirmed that it's not 100% by quoting 90%

In life, we shld all prepare for uncertainties...and that 10% goes for that.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Onyeoma3: 11:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
earthgreeners:

In life, we shld all prepare for uncertainties...and that 10% goes for that.......

Just the point am trying to make bro...still boils down to not 100% guaranteed cos we'll definitely give room (i.e. some percentage), for meeting all the requirements as well as luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pj5(f): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2013
Good morning all. Abeg, I just got my ticket for the program I'm going for now and my trip was routed through BA to stop in london for 5hours before I connect to Canada. My question is, does anyone know if I need a transit visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:54am On Feb 11, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:55am On Feb 11, 2013
Any TRV update? Anyone?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2013
You don't dear... i leave very very soon on BA, same route... why 5 hrs?
pj5: Good morning all. Abeg, I just got my ticket for the program I'm going for now and my trip was routed through BA to stop in london for 5hours before I connect to Canada. My question is, does anyone know if I need a transit visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2013
Hello everyone, i'm new here though i've been following d thread...i must confess guys are doing great (Femmmy, earthgreener and co) and all others in ds forum. I got admission to UoM for M.Sc program with full scholarship of 20,000CAD per annum. I've already applied for d study permit since last November, 2012 and I hope to get called for Med. very soon. Pls can anyone in Manitoba tell me d best way to minimize one's expenses over there? Also, I will be glad to know d cheapest flight i can take to Winnipeg...I wouldn't mind breaking d journey ooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2013
Adexhat: Hello everyone, i'm new here though i've been following d thread...i must confess guys are doing great (Femmmy, earthgreener and co) and all others in ds forum. I got admission to UoM for M.Sc program with full scholarship of 20,000CAD per annum. I've already applied for d study permit since last November, 2012 and I hope to get called for Med. very soon. Pls can anyone in Manitoba tell me d best way to minimize one's expenses over there?

Are you going for PhD?.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2013
Nope...Masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

Are you going for PhD?.....

I'm going for masters program...I have 4000CAD from d school IGSES and 16000CAD from my supervisor per annum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2013
Adexhat: I'm going for masters program...I have 4000CAD from d school IGSES and 16000CAD from my supervisor per annum.

Thatz great, but IGSES is only for ur first year.....wow!!!
I wish I could earn the same amount.....
Over to CDHC to grant ur study permit..God must do am.....
What course are u going for....I guess u gat a very strong CGPA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

Thatz great, but IGSES is only for ur first year.....wow!!!
I wish I could earn the same amount.....
Over to CDHC to grant ur study permit..God must do am.....
What course are u going for....I guess u gat a very strong CGPA.

Yeah IGSES is for 1st yrs, but I hope to secure d bursary (same amount) after my 1st yr...I had a strong CGPA (All thanks and glory returned to God), going for an engineering course. Please I'll like to know how I can minimize my expenses over there, pls advice me as I'm married and i also have to take care of her here in 9ja while i work on her visit. Also, i'll like to know i cheapest i can fly to Winnipeg, either straight or breaking journey...I won't mind... thanks and God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2013
kayce43: Any TRV update? Anyone?

We seriously need to hear good news this week. At least to inspire the rest of us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:53am On Feb 11, 2013
Adexhat: Yeah IGSES is for 1st yrs, but I hope to secure d bursary (same amount) after my 1st yr...I had a strong CGPA (All thanks and glory returned to God), going for an engineering course. Please I'll like to know how I can minimize my expenses over there, pls advice me as I'm married and i also have to take care of her here in 9ja while i work on her visit. Also, i'll like to know i cheapest i can fly to Winnipeg, either straight or breaking journey...I won't mind... thanks and God bless you.

I think KLM and Ethopian Airline gat reasonable airfare....U can get KLM to Winnipeg via connecting flight....But for Ethopian, u fly to Toronto (connecting flights) then u can book another flight to Winnipeg from Toronto....

I think first u need to live off campus in a shared apartment (that wld cut down ur accomodation cost), cook ur own food....thatz all I know, those in canada can shed more light....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2013
Oo boi see how maintobia dey generous wit scholarship. I for apply for am, but fear of not securing a supervisor bin discourage me. Chai even if na the 4k dollars own self na something.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2013
freshdude: Oo boi see how maintobia dey generous wit scholarship. I for apply for am, but fear of not securing a supervisor bin discourage me. Chai even if na the 4k dollars own self na something.

The 4K dollar own na sure banker as long as ur CGPA on a 5.0 scale dey equivalent to 3.5 on their 4.5 scale...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2013
@ all good people of NL, bros siga, earthgreener and co...... Plz u guys shuld help me out on this; my new start date just got delivered to me today...... Should I write cdhc informing them abt it or wait till they ask for it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

The 4K dollar own na sure banker as long as ur CGPA on a 5.0 scale dey equivalent to 3.5 on their 4.5 scale...

Na wa for our naija govt. o...I wonder y dem no dey give schorlaship to int'l students like every other countries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
dommakavelli: Na wa for our naija govt. o...I wonder y dem no dey give schorlaship to int'l students like every other countries.

dem don give domestic student?...even our Universities are in poor states....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

Hello earth greener when no sakachewan say dem go begin supply admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

actually, they do. they give scholarship to nigerians to study abroad. I am currently a recipient. google NITDA Scholarship

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.