Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508534 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
kenniy:
ds gave a small laff to me face..her handle cleary says Miss and u calld bro.. abeg no take am wrong oo, i no mean to diss or any, plus i so no sabi fight or any..just pointin out something funny..lol
. Wht do mean by cleary? Is't keyboard palava or u can't spell correctly? Jus an enquiry o! No beef, no kpomo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
kenniy:
ds gave a small laff to me face..her handle cleary says Miss and u calld bro.. abeg no take am wrong oo, i no mean to diss or any, plus i so no sabi fight or any..just pointin out something funny..lol
. "plus i so no" wht? Guy go back primary school. Sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
kenniy:
"laff to me face" or u meant my in d place of me. Apology.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
waliezi: "laff to me face" or u meant my in d place of me. Apology.
exactly d kinda ish was on bout..suit urself mate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
ken1982: @kenniy and @xtus and others who may have am idea. please i have paid my fees and the balance on my sponsors bank statement is just about 3m. pls what are my chances. its just a 1 year course at bcit vancouver.thanks for all the advice kenniy and xtus i have submitted today
considering u have paid tuition, the concern now is the livin expenses which they approximate at ~$10,000. 3M seems fair, but keep in mind they consider account history/cash flow, and also if your sponsor has other dependents.. really the God-factor is the ultimate.. no one really knows for sure what goes or not..i saw be prayerful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nobleman01: 1:12am On Mar 17, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...no mind them...whoever told u TOEFL is needed must have smoked the wrong grass....no mind them o jare....
lmao, thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ideolah: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2013
-chains...okay,thanks so much, but pls do u mean it takes four months before the visa can be issued??cos am yet to hear for medicals and all...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 9:40am On Mar 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

Fhemmy, what reasons do you think a family friend can put to show he is willing to spend so much amount on one? I think these guys are still too laid back in their thoughts because an average person who knows about the Nigerian culture knows we have too many uncles and aunts that are not in any way related to us. I remember whenever I applied for my US visa, all I told the VO was that my aunt is sponsoring and I gave him her account statement lo ba tan. I just find it annoying when people get scared because their sponsor isn't bearing same last name with them or they cannot show any deep relationship with the person. The worst is that people suggest the use of pictures. Can't I use someone else's picture with mine and claim that is the uncle or aunt?
Fhemmy, as a Veteran on this thread, I would suggest you help address the issue to allay the fears of those whose sponsors are not their parents. In my opinion, I would advice such person to state in the sponsorship letter that the person is a distant uncle/aunt depending on the gender or you could say he/she is a 2nd cousin to your dad/mum who was responsible for his education and the only way he felt he could compensate them is to sponsor you since he saw that you are a promising child.

Before Fhemmmy respond to your question,I think I can also put in few words before my Ogas at the top come in.
Yes,there are so many reason distance relative and family friend could sponsor your education with huge fund.
1) If your family friend/Distance relative are so much interested in your education,may be because you are Brilliant,smart and intelligent from childhood. (i)In the case where such relatives are financially buoyant than your parent (ii) Or they do not have many children; they may want to invest in you.

2)In a case where the family friend or distance relative has interest in your upbringing,wants you to follow her/is discipline/professional field and took you in as her/is godson from childhood. Someone whom you grew up living with,from your childhood till date,he knows your potentials and capabilities,you shared your dreams with him and he has confidence in you. Why can't she/he sponsor your education in any part of the world.

3)When she/he does not have too much dependants or any finanical commitment coughing huge amount out of her/is pocket;why can't he/she sponsor you?

My tip:
After preparing the affidavit of sponsorship,you also get another letter from such distance relative/family friend,stating clearly why he wants to pay such amount for your education,how and why he developed interest in your education,how/why he has been sponsoring your education from the primary level to date. The letter should explain how he is responsible for your total upbringing and not financing your education alone. The letter should also declare a resounding and affirmative guarantee of your good behaviour in Canada and your return to Nigeria after your studies in Canada( dat one dey up to you ooo grin)
** On the family composition form/othe application form: U may make ur address look as if you live in the same place with the family friend/distance relative**
I wish you all the best.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2013
@ all
My sponsor is my aunt n her daughter is currently studying in canada. Do you think it wud affect me in any way?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 10:23am On Mar 17, 2013
dommakavelli: @ all
My sponsor is my aunt n her daughter is currently studying in canada. Do you think it wud affect me in any way?

Share with us the average monthly income of your Aunt,her source of income&investment. Let us know the education level of her daugther in Canada and her other dependant excluding yourself. Let us know the total package of your academic/living expenses for 1 year.
Let us know what your Aunt stands to gain in sponsoring you to Canada when she has her own daughter there. Let us know how close you are to your Aunt.
We have Veterans in the house that will share their thought and view on this,and it will go a long way in helping you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:34am On Mar 17, 2013
newacca:

Share with us the average monthly income of your Aunt,her source of income&investment. Let us know the education level of her daugther in Canada and her other dependant excluding yourself. Let us know the total package of your academic/living expenses for 1 year.
Let us know what your Aunt stands to gain in sponsoring you to Canada when she already had her own daughter there. Let us know how close you are to your Aunt.
We have Veterans in the house that will share their thought and view on this,and it will go a long way in helping you.

My tuition is abt 4000Cad.
My cousins's tuition is abt 15k cad n she's not owing d sch.
She own her business wit reasonable cash flow
She has 4 kids out of which 3 are married except my cousin that is presently studying a PG course in canny.
She's my mum's maternal sister, she want me to study in canada because she's impressed wit d level of education her daughter has received so far in canny.
She has been responsible for my education since secondary sch( no docx to dat except letter) n She want me to have the same quality of education like my cousin so that I can excel in my career n life. N probably help her wit some business policies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Hello house,

Please when is the best time to apply for Jan admission and is there any "disadvantage" if someone should defer his/her admission?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 10:57am On Mar 17, 2013
movein: Hello house,

Please when is the best time to apply for Jan admission and is there any "disadvantage" if someone should defer his/her admission?

Thanks.
Based on CDHC's advice which is 4-6months before your programme resumes,applying around july/august is ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2013
lucky Don: Based on CDHC's advice which is 4-6months before your programme resumes,applying around july/august is ok.
Thank you sir! Will i apply for visa during this period too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2013
lucky Don: Based on CDHC's advice which is 4-6months before your programme resumes,applying around july/august is ok.
Thank you sir! Will i apply for visa during this period too? I mean after i secure the admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 11:09am On Mar 17, 2013
movein: Thank you sir! Will i apply for visa during this period too? I mean after i secure the admission
Ok admission?i thought you are talking of visa...u should apply for admission before then ok...july/aug is the normal time for applying for visa for jan intakes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2013
lucky Don: Ok admission?i thought you are talking of visa...u should apply for admission before then ok...july/aug is the normal time for applying for visa for jan intakes
Thank you sir!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2013
newacca:

Let us know what your Aunt stands to gain in sponsoring you to Canada when she has her own daughter there. Let us know how close you are to your Aunt.

bros, i sent u an offline msg on yahoo messenger and also a pending request on skype. Plz ur advice is needed on d message i sent. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olawunmisamuel1: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
newacca:

Before Fhemmmy respond to your question,I think I can also put in few words before my Ogas at the top come in.
Yes,there are so many reason distance relative and family friend could sponsor your education with huge fund.
1) If your family friend/Distance relative are so much interested in your education,may be because you are Brilliant,smart and intelligent from childhood. (i)In the case where such relatives are financially buoyant than your parent (ii) Or they do not have many children; they may want to invest in you.

2)In a case where the family friend or distance relative has interest in your upbringing,wants you to follow her/is discipline/professional field and took you in as her/is godson from childhood. Someone whom you grew up living with,from your childhood till date,he knows your potentials and capabilities,you shared your dreams with him and he has confidence in you. Why can't she/he sponsor your education in any part of the world.

3)When she/he does not have too much dependants or any finanical commitment coughing huge amount out of her/is pocket;why can't he/she sponsor you?

My tip:
After preparing the affidavit of sponsorship,you also get another letter from such distance relative/family friend,stating clearly why he wants to pay such amount for your education,how and why he developed interest in your education,how/why he has been sponsoring your education from the primary level to date. The letter should explain how he is responsible for your total upbringing and not financing your education alone. The letter should also declare a resounding and affirmative guarantee of your good behaviour in Canada and your return to Nigeria after your studies in Canada( dat one dey up to you ooo grin)
** On the family composition form/othe application form: U may make ur address look as if you live in the same place with the family friend/distance relative**
I wish you all the best.
ciao

Now this makes sense. Getting a statement from the relative also.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
dommakavelli:

My tuition is abt 4000Cad.
My cousin's tuition is abt 15k cad n she's not owing d sch.
She own her business wit reasonable cash flow
She has 4 kids out of which 3 are married except my cousin that is presently studying a PG course in canny.
She's my mum's maternal sister, she want me to study in canada because she's impressed wit d level of education her daughter has received so far in canny.
She has been responsible for my education since secondary sch( no docx to dat except letter) n She want me to have the same quality of education like my cousin so that I can excel in my career n life. N probably help her wit some business policies.

1) Your tuition: Please share your tuition+1 year living expenses with us. Your tuition fee alone is not the expenses the VO will look into. Your living+travel expenses is part of financial obligations to fulfill.

2) Your cousin's tuition: There is not laid down rule as to how many dependant your sponsor must have or how much they are paying on the dependants,but the sponsor's financial status and your own presentation of her status should justify her financial capability of financing her daughter and her nephew. Since you said ur cousin ain't owing the school,and your Sponsor still got load of dough on her bank acct,shares + other documented evidence of her finance,then give it a shoot. I will just advise you to be smart!

3) She owns her own biz with reasonable cash flow: Fine. Document is vital. Get convincing documents of such biz,especially those that indicate the source of fund,cash flow and profit on investment.

4)Out of her 4 children,3 are married: If you have the chance to state it that the married ones are independent of your sponsor's finance,please do. Marriage and financial freedom are two diff. things. Let it clear that you and your cousin are the only dependant ur sponsor have.

5) She is your maternal sister: Prove that beyond reasonable doubt. This is where mother's maiden name comes in action. As little has the name is,it is so vital to helping you in this case. If you could get family tree and other dox bearing ur sponsor's maiden name+your mother's maiden name,it may be a + for you. (Even old family photos)

6)She has been responsible for your education since Secondary school: Okay. shey dem go follow you go house ni,if you even say na from Primary school? Not that your parent's are not capable of financing ur pry/sec. education,but your Aunt is bent on carrying ur responsibilities(particularly your academics) till she sees you outta Univ/Tertiary institution,owing to your smartness and brilliance as a chap. Abi na lie?
Yes na,what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If your cousin is doing fine at her academics in Canny,and her sponsor(Mum) is impressed,she can invest more on you as a Man. It will be a great investment for her on the long run na and to 9ja and Africa as a whole.
All the best.

xtus:

bros, i sent u an offline msg on yahoo messenger and also a pending request on skype. Plz ur advice is needed on d message i sent. Thanks

Bro,I have attended to all the request on skype and YIM. but sorry,I lost the offline. Please re-send or let's share it here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, please does anyone know if Algonquin college, Ottawa request for English proficiency scores (Eg TOEFL)? I send them mail but they haven't replied since. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
newacca:

Bro,I have attended to all the request on skype and YIM. but sorry,I lost the offline. Please re-send or let's share it here.

Bro email and YIM all sent. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
xtus:

Bro email and YIM all sent. Thanks
Okay bro. I will check and reply ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
Pls I have a problem, @all I do not have regular mail box(i.e the NIPOST mailbox ) how do I get the school(MUN) to send my acceptance letter to me, I do not know if the use private mails? Please who knows any other means I can do this apart from Nipost to get here faster to me...please someone answer me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
de aero: Pls I have a problem, @all I do not have regular mail box(i.e the NIPOST mailbox ) how do I get the school(MUN) to send my acceptance letter to me, I do not know if the use private mails? Please who knows any other means I can do this apart from Nipost to get here faster to me...please someone answer me.

Shuooo...U neva hear of Courier before? u negotiate with them to send via courier (u pay of course)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
newacca:

1) Your tuition: Please share your tuition+1 year living expenses with us. Your tuition fee alone is not the expenses the VO will look into. Your living+travel expenses is part of financial obligations to fulfill.

2) Your cousin's tuition: There is not laid down rule as to how many dependant your sponsor must have or how much they are paying on the dependants,but the sponsor's financial status and your own presentation of her status should justify her financial capability of financing her daughter and her nephew. Since you said ur cousin ain't owing the school,and your Sponsor still got load of dough on her bank acct,shares + other documented evidence of her finance,then give it a shoot. I will just advise you to be smart!

3) She owns her own biz with reasonable cash flow: Fine. Document is vital. Get convincing documents of such biz,especially those that indicate the source of fund,cash flow and profit on investment.

4)Out of her 4 children,3 are married: If you have the chance to state it that the married ones are independent of your sponsor's finance,please do. Marriage and financial freedom are two diff. things. Let it clear that you and your cousin are the only dependant ur sponsor have.

5) She is your maternal sister: Prove that beyond reasonable doubt. This is where mother's maiden name comes in action. As little has the name is,it is so vital to helping you in this case. If you could get family tree and other dox bearing ur sponsor's maiden name+your mother's maiden name,it may be a + for you. (Even old family photos)

6)She has been responsible for your education since Secondary school: Okay. shey dem go follow you go house ni,if you even say na from Primary school? Not that your parent's are not capable of financing ur pry/sec. education,but your Aunt is bent on carrying ur responsibilities(particularly your academics) till she sees you outta Univ/Tertiary institution,owing to your smartness and brilliance as a chap. Abi na lie?
Yes na,what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If your cousin is doing fine at her academics in Canny,and her sponsor(Mum) is impressed,she can invest more on you as a Man. It will be a great investment for her on the long run na and to 9ja and Africa as a whole.
All the best.

She's not my maternal sister but My mums maternal sis. Am her Nephew
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
Yeah, I am heading there in a couple of days...any challenges with applying??

Etinosajay:

Anyone applied to Simon Fraser at all?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Pls how many photocopies do I need to make for each document?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:43am On Mar 18, 2013
newacca:

My tip:
I wish you all the best.
ciao

Thanks for your response. I just asked the question because reading through I noticed people emphasized why your parents should be your sponsor and not a relative. In my case, the school said my funding letter is enough and I don't need an additional sponsor since I have a 4year guarantee funding for my stuidies.
I believe based on your response, people who had so much fear can relax a bit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 6:59am On Mar 18, 2013
Odinwa: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, please does anyone know if Algonquin college, Ottawa request for English proficiency scores (Eg TOEFL)? I send them mail but they haven't replied since. Thanks.
Please someone should answer me, its not fair.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 7:20am On Mar 18, 2013
ulo123: Yeah, I am heading there in a couple of days...any challenges with applying??

Thanks Bro..its a relief to find someone. I sent you a Private Mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.