Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (511230 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
@pauloman nairaland.com/999695/share-testimony-here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
@moty
all is well.God knws best.best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
Danyl: @pauloman, congrats brother,but av u been in canada before now,cos i heard u can only apply for PR visa only after about living for about 5years or 3years of working over there,reply

Nope never been to Canada before . what you are trying to say applies to permanent residence ,that after a stay of 3years as a permanent residence ,then you can apply to be a citizen of Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
@ Pauloman, congrats.
Did u use any agent? Did u go to Ghana urself or sent DHl?
Do u speak french? Is ur job in d list of required skills? Did u get a job offer there before applying. Please share this jist fast as my ears are itching for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman:

Nope never been to Canada before . what you are trying to say applies to permanent residence ,that after a stay of 3years as a permanent residence ,then you can apply to be a citizen of Canada
@ paulo
congratulations.Good news is our portion in jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman: @ All in the spirit of some good news in the house. i just got an email message from the embassy that my Permanent Residence Visa is ready for pick up. Please help me thank Baba God oh for it has not been an easy road. I use my success as a point of contact to everyone in the house that are waiting for medicals and trv collection and also those applying again that this will mark the beginning of Good news for everyone. AMEN !!!

Congrats on your TRV my brother. This one wey you don dey claim PRV already na wa o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2012
kennyGGG:

Congrats on your TRV my brother. This one wey you don dey claim PRV already na wa o.

Yes, PRV bro......
Congrats Paloman....
@all, we shall all hear Good news
God's favour
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Thanks . . A fixed deposit is your money and only means you are smart investor, however, how would you show them that you would be able to fund subsequent years in school, or would the money in the account be enuf to fund all the years and be aiight?
The fixed deposit is who's, the applications or the sponsor?

@Fhemmy: There was a question preceding this one. I think the person wants to know if Liquidating his/her FD money into his/her regular account few days before printing out the statement wont look like money lodgement. I think if you can show proof, then you are good to go. Whats your take?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
lillaowow:

Yes, PRV bro......
Congrats Paloman....
@all, we shall all hear Good news
God's favour

Congrats Paloman: Thats great PRV! How did u get that through study application, I thought its TRV they issue from here? just want to know. Congrats once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
@pauloman: I'm very happy for you. Cheers!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
mercylicious: @ Pauloman, congrats.
Did u use any agent? Did u go to Ghana urself or sent DHl?
Do u speak french? Is ur job in d list of required skills? Did u get a job offer there before applying. Please share this jist fast as my ears are itching for it.

Nope i never used any agent,i did all the filing myself. I read through all the information required of potential applicants as at july 2009. Luckily for me my profession was on the list of eligible professions then ,which was Construction Managers as i am a Civil Engineer by profession.But the luck i have that gave me an edge was the fact that i have a second degree with work experience in that too.I went to Ghana myself to submit my supporting documents only once because i had to be there to make the Right of Permanent Residence Fee Payment . Subsequent request for other documents by the embassy i either sent them through dhl or sent it to a friend in Ghana to help me deliver by hand . The only thing that would have made me travel in person to Ghana again before this trip i intend to embark on to pick up my PRV was if they had invited me for an interview which they did not.

I did french back then while in school but since one dont speak it regularly i got so rusty but i do know the basics though and can easily catch up while in the mist of french speakers. I did try claim points on the french proficiency score grid by a written submission since i know the basics but i was told i have to do TEF that is french proficiency exams and submit the result but i didnt so i had to stick with my English proficiency result which i did with IELTS and had a great score.

I didnt have an offer of employment in Canada so i had to submit a bank statement in my name of about 2.5million naira even though on the website the sufficiency funds needed for me to have in my bank account is just about 1.8million naira. But if you are able to secure an employment within Canada with an employer ,you do not have to show any proof of sufficient funds or bank statement as i did and i guess the visa process will be a lot faster. I applied in January 2010 and my PRV only just got approved today so you can see it was not a walk in the park thing all.

Above all i will just say everything worked out with God's special Grace because many applied with me and fell off by the way side

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2012
kennyGGG:

LOL this one na PRV not TRV ! Confirmed !! Baba God Noni oooo!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
Was refused today... Will give details later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
@All...Thanks so much for sharing in my Joy, words cant explain my state of mind right now! I pray everyone of you will experience this state of joy in a not too distant time to come as we shall all celebrate your victories too !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
Obamacare:

@Fhemmy: There was a question preceding this one. I think the person wants to know if Liquidating his/her FD money into his/her regular account few days before printing out the statement wont look like money lodgement. I think if you can show proof, then you are good to go. Whats your take?

I dont see how it will look like money lodging, as long as the account where the money came from and where it is sent to are both under same person . . . however, supporting docs from bank might help as well . . and the applicant just explain that he/she has the money in the account before (If possible to get docs showing where the money that was fixed came from as well)
But i see no reason why it shd be too much of a hassle . . . you are just being smart and investing your money, instead of the money sitting in the account doing nothing . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman: @All...Thanks so much for sharing in my Joy, words cant explain my state of mind right now! I pray everyone of you will experience this state of joy in a not too distant time to come as we shall all celebrate your victories too !

AMEN, bro
wish you the best in your future endeavours
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
moty4all: Was refused today... Will give details later.

just like NewAcca always say. God knows best bro
Thank HIM for the opportunity
then reload your "GUN"
you'll surely make it. cIC can't deny you your destiny
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2012
1. You have not satisfied me that u have adequate funds available to u to pay for yur tuition and living expenses while in Canada and return to your country of residence.

2. You have not satisfied me that u will leave Canada by d end of d period authorised for yur stay.

Then on other reasons, handwritten, sponsorship not credible.

What does it mean by sponsor not Credible

I used my uncle and was refused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman: @ All in the spirit of some good news in the house. i just got an email message from the embassy that my Permanent Residence Visa is ready for pick up. Please help me thank Baba God oh for it has not been an easy road. I use my success as a point of contact to everyone in the house that are waiting for medicals and trv collection and also those applying again that this will mark the beginning of Good news for everyone. AMEN !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
[quote author=moty4all]1. You have not satisfied me that u have adequate funds available to u to pay for yur tuition and living expenses while in Canada and return to your country of residence.

2. You have not satisfied me that u will leave Canada by d end of d period authorised for yur stay.

@moty.
May be u didnt show adequate documents which prove your relationship with your sponsor since you dnt bear same surname i guess.
Anyway,its Gods mercy that can c ones'Through.all the best.
When did you submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2012
@spencer3705

submitted: 28th or 29th of april
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Obamacare:

Congrats Paloman: Thats great PRV! How did u get that through study application, I thought its TRV they issue from here? just want to know. Congrats once again.

No bro no thru study application but thru having work skills as a professional that Canada needs @ the moment

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2012
moty4all:

1. There is no enough evidence of relationship to sponsor.
2. Not enough information on source of income and how sponsor probably come about money in the account
Like you were told too, that you have not shown the Canadian govt that you would leave at the end of your specified time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:47am On Aug 01, 2012
Fhemmmy:
1. There is no enough evidence of relationship to sponsor.
2. Not enough information on source of income and how sponsor probably come about money in the account
Like you were told too, that you have not shown the Canadian govt that you would leave at the end of your specified time.

apart from the landed properties as a prove of ties to homeland, what other ways can a student (esp an undergraduate applicant) prove to the embassy that he/she would leave at the end of his/her studies?
Bear in mind that an undergraduate MIGHT not be in position to sponsor himself/herself and also would probably not have a good account history.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:29am On Aug 01, 2012
("I feel like i'm standing on top of the world flying"
"standing right next to the sun can't stop me from shinning.........." - MI- Unstoppable )

HAPPY NEW MONTH TO EVERYONE.. Wish you all the best this month. More good news in the house

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 6:07am On Aug 01, 2012
pauloman:

Nope i never used any agent,i did all the filing myself. I read through all the information required of potential applicants as at july 2009. Luckily for me my profession was on the list of eligible professions then ,which was Construction Managers as i am a Civil Engineer by profession.But the luck i have that gave me an edge was the fact that i have a second degree with work experience in that too.I went to Ghana myself to submit my supporting documents only once because i had to be there to make the Right of Permanent Residence Fee Payment . Subsequent request for other documents by the embassy i either sent them through dhl or sent it to a friend in Ghana to help me deliver by hand . The only thing that would have made me travel in person to Ghana again before this trip i intend to embark on to pick up my PRV was if they had invited me for an interview which they did not.

I did french back then while in school but since one dont speak it regularly i got so rusty but i do know the basics though and can easily catch up while in the mist of french speakers. I did try claim points on the french proficiency score grid by a written submission since i know the basics but i was told i have to do TEF that is french proficiency exams and submit the result but i didnt so i had to stick with my English proficiency result which i did with IELTS and had a great score.

I didnt have an offer of employment in Canada so i had to submit a bank statement in my name of about 2.5million naira even though on the website the sufficiency funds needed for me to have in my bank account is just about 1.8million naira. But if you are able to secure an employment within Canada with an employer ,you do not have to show any proof of sufficient funds or bank statement as i did and i guess the visa process will be a lot faster. I applied in January 2010 and my PRV only just got approved today so you can see it was not a walk in the park thing all.

Above all i will just say everything worked out with God's special Grace because many applied with me and fell off by the way side

@pauloman! Congrats bruv! Na who no knw! It wasn't an easy road! But thank God ur dreams are actualized today! Go and succeed!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 6:54am On Aug 01, 2012
Happy new month to everybody...we shall get to canada as we all expected to be..
God is on our side and I strongly believe God knows it all.
It is well with all our souls in JESUS NAME(AMEN)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 01, 2012
pauloman:

I wanted this way but judged not qualified.

I wanted this way but judged not qualified.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2012
Happy new month fellows, we'll all get our hearts desires by God's grace
Tension don almost kill me cos today is the 15th working day (3wks) and slamdunk and some others got theirs in 3wks.
Well, in God I trust .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 11:38am On Aug 01, 2012
lillaowow:

apart from the landed properties as a prove of ties to homeland, what other ways can a student (esp an undergraduate applicant) prove to the embassy that he/she would leave at the end of his/her studies?
Bear in mind that an undergraduate MIGHT not be in position to sponsor himself/herself and also would probably not have a good account history.

Well I will like to share this infor. I think it help me to get a medical call. This infor is mostly for those that just graduated. Well apart from landed properties which I submitted, since I was serving (nysc), I also submit my NYSC id and call up letter and indicate there that immediately after my studies in canada am coming back to serve my fathers land which Is very important to every graduate in nigeria. That is another strong tie. But they did not know that I have settle that already with my LI and CLO. Another infor is this, when you ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ 28years and above you need to know that they will not accept you if someone is sponsoring you, you have to sponsor your self. They believe that at that age you should be doing something in other to sponsor your self, so if you at that age and you use your uncle or whatever, they may not accept you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2012
Sir P!:
90perc is quite high, I think this year the general trend was people sponsored by parents get the medical call quickly compared with people sponsored by relatives. Probably less checks are done on people sponsored by parents..I submitted June.
Thanks for the info, we'll all get there.
Cheers

I congratulate all that have received the medical and Visa...... Those that were refused please dont loose hope.." If it doesn't kill it makes you stronger"please keep trying there's always a tomorrow.

@Sir P ...... W'll get ours too soon.....Insha-Allah

!! One LUV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
@olami1224 Amen o, I've tracked tire, I even have it bookmarked on my laptop, blackberry and all the devices I have.
Have you checkd yours recently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.