Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (512498 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
@mercilicious
TRY AND FIND A CO SPONSOR WHO BEARS YOUR NAME.CO SPONSOR SHOULD BE PRINCIPAL SPONSOR.FOLLOW BY PRAYER.YOU HAVE A GOOD PROFILE.ALL THE BEST MAN.GUD NEWS 4 ALL.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
canadianboy:
I submitted mine in May 14 and got to CDHC in May 15 and have not heard anything yet too; in fact, as for my case, i am applying for the second time after i was refused visa last year as a result of insufficient funds. It's really not easy i must confess!

Nothing good comes easy . . . Dont give up and raise your head high, See you in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by canadianboy(m): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Nothing good comes easy . . . Dont give up and raise your head high, See you in Canada
Thank you. I still have a hope and believe this time around, i am going to receive my trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
@ shavel, I wasn't called for any medicals. I just checked my status and saw it chng 2 application completed and ask to come with my identification materials to collect the same wch was processed date and time. Btw 8am and 3:30pm. So cud it b d trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
spencer3705: @amby147
sir if u have done medicals,is likely u are called for ur Trv if not it cud b something else.bro wen did u submit?go in peace and feed us back.who is ur sponsor?

@ spencer, I submitted on the 14th of April. My sponsor is my uncle,he has a company and also a bank director.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
mercylicious: Dear all,
Just left VAC few mins ago. I scored 2 points on d reason for denial.
1. You have not satisfied me that u have adequate funds available to u to pay for yur tuition and living expenses while in Canada and return to your country of residence.

2. You have not satisfied me that u will leave Canada by d end of d period authorised for yur stay.

Then on other reasons, handwritten, insuficient funds.

I submitted the following
All d embasy forms, student copy of transcripts and all original of certificates.
A closing balance of N3.7 mil

A copy of my cv
6 months payslip
Introductory letter from my coy with annual sal of N2m
Employment letter
Rsa account of N345k closing bal
Stock of abt 500k
Two landed properties - one has power of attorney while d other just has receipt and allocation paper (bought at N350k as at 2009. The other dt has survey plan and power of attorney was bought N500k as at 2009 but worth N1.5M now.

Note
Am single - do they want me to arrange marriage for them? Lol
My tuition fee is 6k cad and total fee with living expense is 19k per year.

Opportunities nt yet utilized-
I have a younger sis who is a medical doc and d hus works wit an oil coy ( I think mobil or its subsidiary), they own their own house in PH, I also hv a cousin in switz dt does heavy business in Naija( though he is very sly) I also have an aunt in US ( a nurse and loaded)
Am thinking of using any of them as additional or mainsponsor (plz advise)
For ties ( am thinking of getting my mum, sis etc) write an affidavit of support.
I will be due for study leave by Nov but I intend to submit before Nov, latest Sept.d prob is dt d coy study leave is for 1 year, but sumone there said I can get 18 months wit exceptional approval meanwhile my course is min of 2 yrs. In the acceptance letter, they stated dt d program is normally completed in 3 to 4 yrs.
Ill also submit d promotion letter frm N2m to N2.7 M and get another letter frm my office before resubmission if there is any english word like dt.
I've made succes in building acnt again, my guy gave me N1m so its now N3.6, ill also get more funds frm friends by next week.
Is there anything like joint sponsor, my instincts tell me to raise my acnt bal to N4m and use my sis as joint sponsor. Please read thru and advise. Oge adirizi.

So sad about the denial.
Don't give up, just try again.
I think the VO needs to be convinced about how you will pay the next tuition/living expenses. If you exhaust all the money in your account for one years expense and ticket, how will you pay for the 2nd year? You will need additional sponsorship to prove that.
We shall all get there by His grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2012
Zone 2 Zone:

@ J20 please can we relate on what and what you will be submitting at the embassy. This is my contact. Please, do send your phone number to my mail so that I can call you. oyeloluw@isu.edu

I`ll be waiting for your response broda.

I will be submitting all the necessary forms from CIC website
Print out of my SSCE result + scratch card
Testimonial + SSS transcript from my secondary school
Birth certificates of self, my parents & siblings
Acceptance letter + Breakdown of tuition & living expenses from MUN
My mum's statement of account + pay slip for 6 months
Mum's tax clearance certificate
Letter of introduction from my mum's company + her employment letter
House & Investment documents - mum's
Sworn affidavit of support from High court - done by my mum
Letter of sponsorship to CDHC written by mum
Passport photographs
International Passport

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2012
enough to get u TRV, If the funds in ur mums account is enough to see you through ur first year of studies and a proof of continuous fund availability for the duration of ur program....all d best

J20:

I will be submitting all the necessary forms from CIC website
Print out of my SSCE result + scratch card
Testimonial + SSS transcript from my secondary school
Birth certificates of self, my parents & siblings
Acceptance letter + Breakdown of tuition & living expenses from MUN
My mum's statement of account + pay slip for 6 months
Mum's tax clearance certificate
Letter of introduction from my mum's company + her employment letter
House & Investment documents - mum's
Sworn affidavit of support from High court - done by my mum
Letter of sponsorship to CDHC written by mum
Passport photographs
International Passport

I hope this helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by hayek: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
canadianboy:
I submitted mine in May 14 and got to CDHC in May 15 and have not heard anything yet too; in fact, as for my case, i am applying for the second time after i was refused visa last year as a result of insufficient funds. It's really not easy i must confess!

We are co-travellers. I applied for Masters degree and I submitted on May 17 and got to CDHC on May 18 and it is still waiting game. It seems they are gradually dealing with May submission and almost dealth with April now. Applications are just dump there. I might approach them next week to withdraw my daugther birth certificate cos she needs it to apply for her US passport since her previous one has expired as she is travelling with her mum next month to Europe. If you look at the thread critically only few applicants from May has been dealth with. Lets continue to share info on this forum. I have been to Canada 3-4 times and still have a valid Canadian visa issued last year and valid till May 2013 so they can say they cant say I dont have ties to Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
@amby147
does the sponsor bear ur surname?
What evidences did u show to let the v.o knows how reliable and related he is to u? Dis counts.
What docs did u submit?
Prayer.best of lucks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Hotstepper(f): 1:07am On Jul 28, 2012
I am bk my ppl. Will resume to answer questions and advice as usual
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:37am On Jul 28, 2012
@hotstepper, welcome back ..where av u been 4 a while now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Hello Fhemmy and all the good people of this forum: I have a question that demand and urgent answer please. I have some money in fix deposit, I have collected the interest upfront so had to leave the cash for the mandatory 90dys. Now I have rolled over for one month but realise I have to submit my application against january resumption. My question is can I liquidate the cash one week before printing out the statement? Although I have enough transaction in the account and also receive my salaries through the account but won't it look like I lodged money into the account 1wk before submission? Please I need very honest advisers. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hi, Please can any person suggest to me the universities I can have my PGD in Canada. I have been searching without seeing. I have 2.2 GPA but i'm finding it difficult to secure admission.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH MY QUESTIONS:

I have some money in fix deposit, I have collected the interest upfront so had to leave the cash for the mandatory 90dys. Now I have rolled over for one month but realise I have to submit my application against january resumption. My question is can I liquidate the cash one week before printing out the statement? Although I have enough transaction in the account and also receive my salaries through the account but won't it look like I lodged money into the account 1wk before submission? Please I need very honest advisers. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
@mercilicious: its indeed sad to hear abt ur refusal after u had waited 4 long. I believe u will get it on the 2nd trial. Try and use a close family member. Wish u the best my sista
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
kennyGGG: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH MY QUESTIONS:

I have some money in fix deposit, I have collected the interest upfront so had to leave the cash for the mandatory 90dys. Now I have rolled over for one month but realise I have to submit my application against january resumption. My question is can I liquidate the cash one week before printing out the statement? Although I have enough transaction in the account and also receive my salaries through the account but won't it look like I lodged money into the account 1wk before submission? Please I need very honest advisers. Thank you.

You don't need to liquidate the money. Collect the fixed deposit certificate and submit. Also submit ur other account statement as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ all, I've told my sis and she isn't saying anything yet.
I just heard of australian skill select and it seems interesting. I may have to try dt if I don't get a co sponsor for canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
@donnet Have you gotten your application reference no for tracking your app?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
mercylicious: @ all, I've told my sis and she isn't saying anything yet.
I just heard of australian skill select and it seems interesting. I may have to try dt if I don't get a co sponsor for canada.

Australia is equally cool. Am looking at that as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
mercylicious:

You don't need to liquidate the money. Collect the fixed deposit certificate and submit. Also submit ur other account statement as well.

I thought someone in this forum had issues with FD because it was seen as a cash kept somewhere that may not be withdraw-able and therefore not a guaranteed fund. I would have suggested the money be liquidated and left for say 1 or 2 months. @Mercilicious what do you think
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Hotstepper(f): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
@Earthgreenrrs, I have been doing some mother nd wife job but much relieved nowsmiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by insight: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hello house,I submitted my application to VAC on June 18. For reasons beyond me, i couldn't submit earlier. My school program starts Sept. 4 (orientation:Aug 27) and i have paid the mandatory tuition deposit. I'm yet to hear anything and i keep tracking via VAC daily.I've been very hopeful to get medical call. I wouldn't know the time frame to do medicals and get TRV considering my school start date.I need a candid advice on what to do please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2012
Hello All! Thanks because I have found answer to most of my questions here. The issue at hand presently is I don't have the luxury of time to make my submission against January start date. If I liquidate the fund from my fixed deposit into my regular account at maturity period, I will have just 3weeks left before submission deadline. Does anyone think depositing cash and leaving it for 3weeks still isn't a good idea? Though I have the FD cert for backup.
@Newacca, @@Fhemmy@noswaa @All to the rescue please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 10:51am On Jul 29, 2012
VCTROKOYE: Hi, Please can any person suggest to me the universities I can have my PGD in Canada. I have been searching without seeing. I have 2.2 GPA but i'm finding it difficult to secure admission.
Thanks

Have you tried the website www.aucc.ca? You should be able to see one there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
@house...my uncle would be sponsoring me, not same surname though. I want to know the documents he will be providing aside letter of introduction/sponsorship. Is it a must he provides affidavit of support?. I need response please....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
shema: @house...my uncle would be sponsoring me, not same surname though. I want to know the documents he will be providing aside letter of introduction/sponsorship. Is it a must he provides affidavit of support?. I need response please....
yh! It's a must he provides the affidavit of support, and for the required documents I don't think there are any kind of specified documents on cdhc website aside the required forms, Loa and passport. Your supporting is to be determined according to your status and dat of ur sponsor.... For example if ur sponsor is self employed he is to submit his registration papers and tax clearance cert., and if employed by a firm he is to submit his payroll and income tax clearance, if ur sponsor is ur maternal uncle, u are to submit ur mother's marriage certificate where she bears the same name with ur said uncle....... So u have to sit down to do ur home work cos u knw ur uncle more than everyone here.... Hope dis helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
@Shavel...thanks. He is my paternal uncle and self employed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
GOD, last week was very dull with some disappointing bad news. God shower on us medicals and trv in this new week. We need ur help o lord.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
mikky4all: GOD, last week was very dull with some disappointing bad news. God shower on us medicals and trv in this new week. We need ur help o lord.

A very big Amen to that my brother.

Surely they will be attending to alot of applications this coming month in order for students to meet up with their starting date. My prayer is that may God almighty let us hear good news in this forum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
mikky4all: GOD, last week was very dull with some disappointing bad news. God shower on us medicals and trv in this new week. We need ur help o lord.

Amen to that!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by winwin123: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
@All: I finally received my package and the reasons for refusal are indicated below:
a- You have not satified me that you have adequate funds available to you to pay for your tuitions and living expenses while in Canada and to return to your country of residence.
b- You have not satisfied me that you will lave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
With the information i have gathered here, it will only be better next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.