Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509381 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2012
FINALLY!!!!!!, my docs are complete

seriously, no be small work ooo gathering documents

some, yu wait and get it same day

Some you come back the next day

Some you get fustrated and wld still be ask to come back in a week
some you beg them you need it urgently, they promise yu it wld be ready the next day, you get there the following day to realize they haven't even lifted a sheet of paper to prepare your docs
some, you make photocpies upon photocopies and yet, you discover its not really necessary

To me,Bank statements and reference letters are the easiest to get (with geniune ID). first bank gave me my mum's statement the same day, skye bank said i shld come back the following week

Tracking a package also is worry some, at a point my package was "in transit" between lagos and Ibadan for 5 days not knowing it had been delivered 3days earlier. I got the package anyway (my sponsor's docs, letters, Id cards, work permit)

Notarizing too "chop" my money. In osogbo, it is done at 100 per page while in Akure, it is 20 naira per page. Notarized almost 20 pages of landed properties.

Gettin police clearance was easy for me. I just printed the form, filled it, finger print with my printer ink then scanned it and emailed it to my brother in lag and he got it for me @5000naira

At this point, i can boldly say i've done my best, now, over to you MASTER JESUS. Perfect this work OH LORD.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
Bakorede: @ll in da house,can i use my own savings account 2 support my documents with my sponsor's current account
documents(statement of account).and if my own company is register, is it compulsory my own account should b a current account.because i'm planning 2 register my company and presently i'm operating savings account with firstbank of nigeria.please,i wil need ur good advice on this.

You can use the account as a back up If u have a substantial amount of cash in it, and with a good proof of fund....I think registering ur company few months to submission might raise issues, maybe it wld be beta u use other means to proof ur fund...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2012
lillaowow: FINALLY!!!!!!, my docs are complete

seriously, no be small work ooo gathering documents

some, yu wait and get it same day

Some you come back the next day

Some you get fustrated and wld still be ask to come back in a week
some you beg them you need it urgently, they promise yu it wld be ready the next day, you get there the following day to realize they haven't even lifted a sheet of paper to prepare your docs
some, you make photocpies upon photocopies and yet, you discover its not really necessary

To me,Bank statements and reference letters are the easiest to get (with geniune ID). first bank gave me my mum's statement the same day, skye bank said i shld come back the following week

Tracking a package also is worry some, at a point my package was "in transit" between lagos and Ibadan for 5 days not knowing it had been delivered 3days earlier. I got the package anyway (my sponsor's docs, letters, Id cards, work permit)

Notarizing too "chop" my money. In osogbo, it is done at 100 per page while in Akure, it is 20 naira per page. Notarized almost 20 pages of landed properties.

Gettin police clearance was easy for me. I just printed the form, filled it, finger print with my printer ink then scanned it and emailed it to my brother in lag and he got it for me @5000naira

At this point, i can boldly say i've done my best, now, over to you MASTER JESUS. Perfect this work OH LORD.
notarizatn of documents is N500/page in ogun state,my sista did 8pages for N5k can u imagine that..?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2012
ebugirl:

Sorry 4 responding late! I included tax clearance certificate in my package, as a matter of fact, I used 3yrs cert. 2010,2011 and 2012 certificates. If u av ur siblings docs @ hand, include it. I included my siblings birth certificates.
Thanks alot @ebugirl
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2012
bancan: check ur mail box
Pls I didn't get ur mail. Resend the email addy is e_madng@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2012
PLEASE WHICH AMONG THIS SCHOOL IS THE CHEAPEST FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT. 1. University of Saskatchanwan 2. university of Manitoba.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:07am On Aug 26, 2012
kelly4top: PLEASE WHICH AMONG THIS SCHOOL IS THE CHEAPEST FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT. 1. University of Saskatchanwan 2. university of Manitoba.

university of saskatchewan is the cheaper of the 2 schools
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:09am On Aug 26, 2012
kelly4top: PLEASE WHICH AMONG THIS SCHOOL IS THE CHEAPEST FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT. 1. University of Saskatchanwan 2. university of Manitoba.

keep in touch on earthgreeners@gmail.com for more info on the schools
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 3:03am On Aug 26, 2012
earthgreeners:

You can use the account as a back up If u have a substantial amount of cash in it, and with a good proof of fund....I think registering ur company few months to submission might raise issues, maybe it wld be beta u use other means to proof ur fund...
thank u 4ur response!so hw then can i proof such amount say like #2.5 mil.my plan is to use my company as a tie.2 really make d VO believe dat i'm coming back 2 9ja.u made mention of few months,like how many months do u mean?or hw do u think i can proof dat i'm d owner of d company and hw do i proof d genuity nd functionality/viability of d company to d VO.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 4:30am On Aug 26, 2012
Danyl:
notarizatn of documents is N500/page in ogun state,my sista did 8pages for N5k can u imagine that..?

Bros abeg I be novice 4 dis 1, wot does it mean to notarize a doc,and how can one notarize a doc. Pls responed thnx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Danyl:

OMG!!!!!!
500 naira for that Two stamps and a signature?? WOW!!!
500 naira is over 3 US dollars @153 per dollar

wanted to notarize 17 pages @ 100naira per page, then i got a clue that since i wld be travelling to akure, it wld be economical to notarize in akure at 20naira per page...and it worked out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2012
amby147:

Bros abeg I be novice 4 dis 1, wot does it mean to notarize a doc,and how can one notarize a doc. Pls responed thnx.
notarizing means u making a photocopy of ur original docs official. A judge or notary public at any court of justice will do that for u...hope ds helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2012
Danyl:
notarizing means u making a photocopy of ur original docs official. A judge or notary public at any court of justice will do that for u...hope ds helps

Is it necessary for study permit applicatn, I guess d docs will be stamped?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:18am On Aug 26, 2012
pls guys, do someone pay the VAC charge fee at their office or pay to the bank.? I mean the 4,125 naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2012
amby147: Is it necessary for study permit applicatn, I guess d docs will be stamped?

Its only neccesary If u are submitting photocopy of a Document, like land document,....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2012
earthgreeners:

Its only neccesary If u are submitting photocopy of a Document, like land document,....

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Manweysabi(m): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2012
@lillaowow, the payment is made in their office. There's a mini bank in there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2012
Got refused this week.
Reasons
1. Not satisfied u are leaving canada after completion of course
2. Insufficient funds
3. Sponsorship not credible
Somebody should try and explain this 3rd reason on odas pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
Manweysabi: @lillaowow, the payment is made in their office. There's a mini bank in there.

THANK you!!!!....
Is the processing fee still 19,500?
Is there any UBA branch close to their office?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
Danyl:

I did at N10/page in Jos. A benefit of being in a war zone huh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
please, will it be too late for me to submit my documents for winter admission at the embassy in September?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
mikky4all: Got refused this week.
Reasons
1. Not satisfied u are leaving canada after completion of course
2. Insufficient funds
3. Sponsorship not credible
Somebody should try and explain this 3rd reason on odas pls

Sorry to hear this! When did u submit? And who was ur sponsor? And what type of account did u submit and how much was on it? Do u bear d same surname with ur sponsor? I believe after u ans dis question it will help d house to treat ur question! And dnt give cos u will repackage and fire back!...it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rave2u: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hello,

Someone I know is currently doing her undergraduate degree in Turkey and would be graduating early next year. She intends pursuing a Masters in Canada next year. She's sure of an admission because her CGPA is very high. I wanna know is best for her to apply from the Canadian Embassy in Turkey or should she go back to Nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
anyijoe:

Sorry to hear this! When did u submit? And who was ur sponsor? And what type of account did u submit and how much was on it? Do u bear d same surname with ur sponsor? I believe after u ans dis question it will help d house to treat ur question! And dnt give cos u will repackage and fire back!...it is well

Yea bro, packaging matters, cook ur lie and give 2 dem. They re jst like magas, wash their brains well and bk every word with evidence no matter how small it is. A frnd of mine in Canada now was sponsored by a family frnd, he presented d story dat his parents died wen he was lil wen they died and they were 7 in d family he was d 1st. And he's relatives weren't assisting at all,He's Dad's frnd managed 2 train him up 2 secondary sch level, he began 2 assist in d man's coy were he developed knowledge of work exprnce relevant 2 his cos'' . 2 cut d story short, d man wrote in his sponsorship letter dat he had no kids and he's main purpose of sponsorship him is 4 him 2 acquire knowledge better knowledge in software Engg so as to reduce cost of importing and paying 4 international expatriates he hires 4 his coy,and 4 him 2 take care of his coy and himsef at oldage as he had no offsprings. So d tin is u got 2 package and cook a very sweet desert 4 dem,and they wudnt b able 2 refuse u..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Manweysabi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
lillaowow:

THANK you!!!!....
yes, it still remain N19500. I don't knw if there's UBA branch around there. But there's Gtb branch, that's the bank i used sah!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
You could go into their office to confirm the fee before heading to the bank. GTBank isnt that far from VAC. 100naira bike will get you there...its right beside Daystar church. #19,500 and some bank charges. UBA is also around but don't know the location.

lillaowow:

THANK you!!!!....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
Please, when do I submit my document to the embassy? Is submitting 3 months to the date admission will start too late? I'll have my admission letter at the middle of septembser for winter admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: I need someone to talk to me. I am applying for a student permit. I ve submitted my documents to the embassy and now waiting for them to call me for an interview. My documents are complete including statement of account of my uncle/sponsor who is in Canada. I just want to know my chances. hope to hear from you guys...tanks

no one can determine ur chances,since u have submitted,this is prayer time.trust God and he wud c u and everyone through.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
lillaowow:

THANK you!!!!....

must u pay in a bank close to vac?my guy just pay in anybank so far itz aproved by cdhc.i paid mine 50hourz distance frm lagos and it was done perfectly.LOL.best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hi everyone...anybody told to pay tution in house?if so,was it Tution and board written on the paper given to you and did you pay for the tution alone or both..cos I already have a place to stay..pls I need ur helps in the house..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by valentino81(m): 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
Afternoon house,
@ all; can u pls highlight and discuss the social ties that can give the v.o d assurance of coming back to Nigeria.
*I'm married with a kid,
*I av a coy I'm running.
I need suggestions over this and likely documents to prove it.
@ fhemmy, newacca et al...waiting!
It shall be well with us all! Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
Abeg make una answer my questions. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The school intend to attend will send my admission letter for winter by September. I want to know if that will be too late. Please your quick response is required for quick decision.
Great Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.