Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Who Is Jesus And What Does He Mean To Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus And What Does He Mean To Us (623 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus And What Does He Mean To Us by Fr0sbel: 10:51am On Jun 13, 2012
Unlike Muhammad. Buddha, Joseph Smith, the asserted papal ordination of the Apostle Peter and other such human founders of world religions, Jesus was neither sent here to start a religion nor was He just a mere human being like the above mentioned men.

Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah, Savior and King that was foretold and prophesied about in scripture, long before He arrived.

He was openly against religiousness. World religions are man's way of connecting with God or feeling spiritual. God showed man how He feels about us doing things our own way in the story of the tower of Babel, and when Jesus rebuked the religious people.

It was established in the example of God's relationship with Israel that man cannot keep all of God's laws on his own without help, nor can he impress God by attempting to be righteous and good. It was proven to all mankind that we aren't capable of fully pleasing God on our own. (Rom. 3:23)

The nation of Israel was chosen by God to be a living example to the rest of the onlooking world, as to who He is, what He wants, and what He requires from us in order to have good relationship with Him.

When it became apparent to the Israelites that they could not keep His laws perfectly (as required), thus-enter, Jesus ... the Messiah and Savior.

Of course, the big wigs of Judaism didn't recognize Jesus when He came, due to the fact they were expecting a literal, earthly King, and probably some huge fanfare and coronation ceremony. Yet, Jesus quietly entered the world in humility.

Even the people of His own town where He grew up didn't recognize who He was, though His entire life from birth to death - were spent fulfilling the Messianic prophecies in the scriptures.

Some Jews did recognize Him, and followed Him. Ironically, the Scribes and Jewish religious leaders who were looked upon as the most righteous, wise and Holy of God's people, didn't recognize Him. They wanted to get rid of Him.

God has desired personal relationship with every individual from the beginning. He made it quite apparent in the story of Adam and Eve, and in His relationship with Israel. We weren't created and designed to live our lives without God being involved in them.

So once God showed man that He is incapable of keeping all God's requirements for this - on his own, He sent the Messiah to make it possible for us to have relationship with God through Jesus, who paid our debts of sin for us.

Jesus didn't come to start a world religion. He came so that everyone could easily and freely get into personal relationship with God.

God even foretold of His Son's coming a long time before He came. Jesus didn't come so that the world could come up with a new religion. He never endorsed or condoned religion. religion and legalism are man's ideas with which to connect with and impress God.

Jesus is God's way to know and have good fellowship with God. Jesus is a "person" - in that we can meet and know Him, and relate with Him interactively. He isn't dead, like Muhammad and Buddha and other founders of religions.

God is Holy, and when people think their works or performances can impress God they are mistaken. What impresses God, is when we readily desire and take possession of His free gift of grace and mercy, by inviting Jesus into our lives, and following Him in obedience.

If we do, it is nothing like joining a world religion or becoming a member of some kind of club. It's a relationship.

Jesus gives a person a brand new life and intends to take His followers on a journey of changes that ultimately will develop His own character in us, and take us into victorious living, experientially.

It isn't a "cake walk" for the genuine Christian. In fact, the Christian life is a life of sacrifice and laying down one's own life; his aspirations and fleshly desires, to follow in the footsteps of our Lord.

Of course, Jesus is our ultimate coach, cheerleader, and encourager. His love for us is outrageous. The benefits of His love and comfort surpasses any that this world offers, and we are promised a Heavenly home in His presence for eternity.

He didn't tell us that following Him would be easy, and many followers "get off the train" and walk away when they confront a place where they are no longer comfortable.

Yet the apostle Paul said: " For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Rom. 8:18 )

I grew up in a home full of abuses. My family never talked about God, nor did we pray, read the Bible or belong to any church or religion. Yet, at five years old, I innately knew there was a Creator, and I was determined to find out how I could meet Him.

As a teenager, I asked friends and representatives of various religions how I could meet God personally.

Some of them gave me confused stares. Others began to explain their religion's doctrines and how it all works. Some people told me to "go to church". but they could not answer what I thought was a simple question.

one day, a friend of mine came to school completely changed and different. Even her demeanor seemed to glow and whatever she had - was contagious and intriguing.

I asked her what had happened to her, and she told me she had "met Jesus last night". I asked her who Jesus was, and as she began to describe Him, my heart pounded in my chest with excitement.

I instantly knew I had found the way to meet God. I recognized Jesus as the truth and the answer to everything.

On March 6th, 1977 I had a surprise encounter with Jesus via the Holy Spirit that changed my entire life in less than five minutes. I was so dramatically changed by it, that it had a domino effect on my family and friends. Atheists have told me it was a hallucination.

I always tell them if it was a hallucination, then it's the only one I've ever had and it has lasted thirty-four years. I say: "If it was a hallucination, I recommend it to everyone."

It has been the best relationship I have ever known, that has only gotten better over time. Jesus healed me from all the painful scars of abuse when I met Him, and has given me a great life.

I understand now, the scripture which states that He came to give us life and life more abundantly above all that we ask or think. (Jn. 10:10) The difference between Jesus and the founders of world religions is that Jesus is not dead. They however, are.

World religions distract us from the simple truth that God wants personal relationship with all of us. He always has. It's not complicated.

Yet, religions keep their people so busy following and performing the tenets and doctrines of their particular religion, that they cannot see that all that God wanted from them is to trust in and rely on His Messiah and Savior in personal relationship.

http://www.helium.com/items/664978-who-is-jesus-and-what-does-he-mean-to-us?page=3
Re: Who Is Jesus And What Does He Mean To Us by Fr0sbel: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2012
JESUS is LORD forever !!!

(1) (Reply)

Topic: Prepare To Meet Your Good (distributors needed) / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka / Traditions Jesus Did Not Start After His Resurrection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.