Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain (15100 Views)

In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
Does she speak Spanish? If the answer is No, then she can't be a great ambassador in Spain.

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2012
I pity this country. GEJ is truly clueless. Can you imagine any ambassador in Nigeria that does not understand English?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by puskin: 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2012
Complete nonsense........Bianca in Naija consulate in Spain.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by nolongtin(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2012
CONGRATS BIANCA!
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by OAM4J: 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
Thanks 999_666 for reporting the insults on the thread.

Thread cleaned of insults. Anyone attempting to derail this thread or turn it tribal will be banned.

4 posters are banned already.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by waja(m): 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
Joey82: soon, we'll be seeing weekly presidential visits to spain.
. Hahaha. Guy U no go kill me.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2012
How can a nation give someone an appointment on behalf of her husband ?

its probably more on behalf of her father as well.

her family have been diplomats [or diplomatic attaches] for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
@ all this haters,What does you haters knowq about bianca? Can anyone of you point out one ambassador that is better than her.She has what is takes,she read law in uk,masters in international Relation and diplomacy,speaks four foreign languages including spain.Tell me why she can't do the job? Or why other ambassador would do better than her? She is beauty and brain, I have noticed that whenever her name is mentioned all people think is bimbo,and she is far from that,I have met her severally at Enugu and I should know,she is a role model to young lady's in humilty.Haters pls go take back seat joor.

4 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Akpan107(m): 8:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
ZUBY77: i am an igbo man but i now believe that jonathan and his nigeria are heading nowhere. Who is bianca and what has she done for us? How can a nation give someone an appointment on behalf of her husband ?

And damn , Ojo Maduekwe again? We are matching forward.
Igbo Man indeed!

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by nifemi01(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2012
Isn't she already an ambassador to someplace? Anyways hope her beauty is noticed by some dudes there, i think she is pretty young for a widow.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by SisiKill1: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
Jeeeedus! What happened on Page 3??!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by item1: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
Joe that complementary card is too big to let her know you'll be taking charge. ......afterall the hus..band is gone and its african culture to take over
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by rusep: 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
adventisty: A very hard working woman!!!! I beleive she will perform. She is a performer anyday, anytime, anywhere, anyhow and any any!
A performer indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by 13volts(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2012
Probably Jose Mourino might by chance see her, and who knows something by happen.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Orikinla(m): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2012
Nigeria has the most incompetent diplomats in the world. Nigerian heads of state have even appointed their girlfriends as ambassadors. Mr. Jonathan's low IQ continues to manifest in his absurd decisions. From giving the wrong national honours to Nigerian VIPs who laughed at his ignorance to his funny diplomats. The man really belongs to the zoo. What a black comedy.

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Hadone(m): 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2012
dasparrow:

How many Nigerian men who lost their wives mourn them for even 6 months talkless of 1 year? So because she is a widow, she should sit at home looking up in the ceiling while the BILLS PAY themselves right?
SO SHE WAS'NT APPOINTED BASED ON MERIT FOR THE WELL BEING OF NIGERIA BUT ONLY FOR HER TO SOURCE MONEY AND SETTLE THE BILLS? I LAUGH IN MASSOB... grin
dasparrow:

How many Nigerian men who lost their wives mourn them for even 6 months talkless of 1 year? So because she is a widow, she should sit at home looking up in the ceiling while the BILLS PAY themselves right?
SO SHE WAS'NT APPOINTED BASED ON MERIT FOR THE WELL BEING OF NIGERIA BUT ONLY FOR HER TO SOURCE MONEY AND SETTLE THE BILLS? I LAUGH IN MASSOB...
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Obijulius: 11:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
@all haters: such hatred for d #igbos# and to think that they continue to make giant strides must terrify you all. Now I'm beginning to understand the success behind the story of Israel.

You can hate us now, but we won't stop now...

SMH
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by lacasa: 12:39am On Jun 14, 2012
Obijulius: @all haters: such hatred for d #igbos# and to think that they continue to make giant strides must terrify you all. Now I'm beginning to understand the success behind the story of Israel.

You can hate us now, but we won't stop now...

SMH

^^ hehehe..i giggle in spanish grin

Ojukwu must αv told U̶̲̥̅̊ that
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by lacasa: 12:40am On Jun 14, 2012
shocked​ so​ many hidden posts

Nigerians don vex wt dis grin

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 14, 2012
KaimaTee: @ all this haters,What does you haters knowq about bianca? Can anyone of you point out one ambassador that is better than her.She has what is takes,she read law in uk,masters in international Relation and diplomacy,speaks four foreign languages including spain.Tell me why she can't do the job? Or why other ambassador would do better than her? She is beauty and brain, I have noticed that whenever her name is mentioned all people think is bimbo,and she is far from that,[b]I have met her severally at Enugu [/b]and I should know,she is a role model to young lady's in humilty.Haters pls go take back seat joor.

(a). It's nice she understands Spanish (as you claimed). I think that's the basic irreducible requirement. Nevertheless, please provide a link where I can learn more about her. What has she really done in life? What has she managed successfully before so we can judge her competence and extrapolate therefrom her likely potential achievements in view of this new assignment? I have used all the available search engines and nothing substantial has cropped up besides being a former beauty queen and wife to the deceased Ojukwu. You have met her severally, please provide more details.

(b). The process of selecting ambassadors in Nigeria is faulty and can not bring the desired benefits to Nigeria and her citizens. In short, concise and not coded language, the primary job of an ambassador to any country is to SPY for his/her home country. Welfare of citizens et al is a mere ruse. Only five of all Nigeria's ambassadors are adequately equipped to carry out such task. Others including Bianca Ojukwu are grossly ill prepared, untested and consequently unfit to man such post. A good example of a competent, qualified and adequately prepared fellow is Ojo Maduekwe, having served as a foreign minster in the past. why we should be promoting officials among others in the foreign service mission to ambassadorial posts, we keep appointing nonentities in the name of political patronage to such strategic positions. We reward beauty without brain, emotion without logic and incompetence over excellence.

(c). In other serious countries, it is not so. Check the profile of all past ambassadors of US, Uk, France and Russia to Nigeria, one thing is common to all: they are career diplomats who have substantial understanding of Nigeria terrain having worked extensively on African soil or in a think thank devoted to developing policies for Africa or Nigeria affairs. Read a synopsis of career of the incumbent US ambassador to Nigeria and his past two predecessors:

Terence McCulley is a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, with the rank of Minister-Counselor. He was the Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark from 2008-2010. Prior to this posting, he served as U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Mali from 2005-2008. From 2004-2005, he worked at the State Department in Washington, helping to coordinate reconstruction efforts in Iraq. He has been the Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassies in Togo, Senegal, and Tunisia and also served as Consul in Mumbai, India.

Joining the Foreign Service in 1985, Mr. McCulley started his career in Niger, followed by assignments in South Africa and Chad. Returning to Washington in 1993, he worked for two years on Central African affairs. He is the recipient of four Department of State Superior Honor Awards.

Mr. McCulley was born in Medford, Oregon, and grew up in Eugene, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in European History and French Language and Literature from the University of Oregon. As a Rotary Foundation Graduate Fellow, he studied political science at the Université de Haute Bretagne in Rennes, France. In addition, he attended the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy. McCulley is fluent in French.

Robin Sanders
Robin Renée Sanders, a career member of the senior Foreign Service, arrived in Nigeria in December, 2007. Most recently, she served as International Advisor and Deputy Commandant at the Industrial College of the Armed Forces in Washington, D.C. Prior to this position, she served as the U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Congo (2002-2005) and as Director for Public Diplomacy for Africa for the State Department (2000-2002).She served twice as the Director for Africa at the National Security Council at the White House; and was the Special Assistant for Latin America, Africa, and International Crime for the Undersecretary for Political Affairs at the State Department (1996-1997). Ambassador Sanders holds a Doctor of Science Degree in Information Science and Communication from Robert Morris University, Masters of Art degree in International Relations and Africa Studies, and a Masters of Science degree in Communications and Journalism from Ohio University. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from Hampton University.

Dr. Sanders is the recipient of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Civilian Honor Award; three State Department Superior Honor Awards; four State Department Meritorious Honor Awards; the “President Merit of Honor Award” from the Republic of Congo, and several citations in Who’s Who of America. She is a national board member of Operation Hope - a non-profit organization focused on empowerment of at-risk communities.

John Campbell
Ambassador Campbell was sworn in as Ambassador to Nigeria on May 18 and arrived at post on May 20. His most recent previous assignment was as Deputy Assistant Secretary in the Bureau of Human Resources.

A career Foreign Service Officer since 1975, his overseas postings included Lyon, Paris, and Geneva, and he served as Polcouns at Lagos, Nigeria (1988-1990) and Pretoria/Cape Town, South Africa (1993-96). Assignments at the Department have included Dean, School of language Studies at the Foreign Service Institute, Deputy Executive Secretary, Director of UN Political Affairs in IO, and P staff.

Ambassador Campbell was born in Washington, D.C. in 1944. He earned the BA and MA degrees from the University of Virginia and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin in 1970. He was a 1990-91 State Department Senior Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University. From 1970 to 1975 he taught British and French history at Mary Baldwin College, Staunton, Virginia.

(d). You can only imagine the profiles of Ambassadors to countries such as China and Russia. GEJ is clueless, incompetent and lacks the will to break away from bad past policies and chart a new responsible way for Nigeria. No wonder, Okonjo Iweala was ordered to contest an election she was 100% sure of defeat. No wonder China was allowed to build a refinery in a landlocked Niger instead of Nigeria with abundant oil (this can be expanded to a full thread on its own)? etc etc etc.

(e). Bianca will probably learn on the job but she can't be a great ambassador.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 14, 2012
Nevertheless, please provide a link where I can learn more about her. What has she really done in life? What has she managed successfully before so we can judge her competence and extrapolate therefrom her likely potential achievements in view of this new assignment? I have used all the available search engines and nothing substantial has cropped up besides being a former beauty queen and wife to the deceased Ojukwu.

there is scant information about bianca available, but her sister has been attached to the nigerian diplomatic mission in the UK or somewhere, for a very long time. Maybe decades or so.

her dad was also into diplomatic attachments of some sort.

in addition, her mum probably has links to one of these foreign countries.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by Nobody: 2:34am On Jun 14, 2012
In short, concise and not coded language, the primary job of an ambassador to any country is to SPY for his/her home country.

that shouldnt be a problem. She already has the basic framework available, as mentioned before.

and her links to Ojukwu would have exposed her to any framework not covered by her previous familial ones.

i'm not for or against the appointment btw. Just posting my observations.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by bestofthisyear(m): 4:18am On Jun 14, 2012
MORN DEW: does she deserve it

No!
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by bashr8: 5:02am On Jun 14, 2012
alj harem: It is clear this this admistration is too baised to be respected. I wonder what qualities Bainca has other than being the wife of the person that cause the death of 3 million Nigerians. Well Jonathan Azikwe, this is SE tenure next is the north, Insha Allah
yeah your doing a good PR for your northern slave masters and later they will hand you yorubas stepends and you wonder why your labbeled back stabers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo: 6,000 APC Members Defect To PDP / Obasanjo: It’s Not Yet Ripe To Say If I’ll Support Buhari For Second Term / The Ijaw National Congress Unanimously Endorse Peter Obi For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.