Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. (4632 Views)

Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC / FG Yet To Get Official Notice On £3,000 UK Visa Bond / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by AZeD1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
Hi everyone, please does anyone know how a person say me can get access to the spending of the FG?
when i say access, i mean a way to know approved projects,schedules of projects to be executed, protocols for release of funds e.t.c.
contacts of relevant offices are highly appreciated.

I just need electronic copies.

This information is needed for a project which can be found at https://www.nairaland.com/930302/2012-summer-code-time-code/
Thanks
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by AZeD1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
Just adding possible links that may be of benefit in the near future

http://www.csj-ng.org/prog_files/
http://www.csj-ng.org/
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by gidiMonsta(m): 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
Why is this not on the front page yet? For Gods sakes this is more useful than all that Linda Ikeji crap that keeps popping up on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by gidiMonsta(m): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
You can write a webapp to monitor google alerts of articles from Nigeria containing certain keywords that relates to government spending and budget. my 2 cents. cool

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Jun 14, 2012
gidiMonsta: You can write a webapp to monitor google alerts of articles from Nigeria containing certain keywords that relates to government spending and budget. my 2 cents. cool

The app needs details of projects and real information on each of them. This is information that you cannot leave to Nigerian Journalists to gather for you.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Demdem(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2012
A-ZeD:
Hi everyone, please does anyone know how a person say me can get access to the spending of the FG?
when i say access, i mean a way to know approved projects,schedules of projects to be executed, protocols for release of funds [/b]e.t.c.
contacts of relevant offices are highly appreciated.

I just need electronic copies.

This information is needed for a project which can be found at https://www.nairaland.com/930302/2012-summer-code-time-code/
Thanks

[b]how dare u grin grin grin
What do u take this govt for? dont u know these are confidential secrets of the states.
U are either a spy from the opposition, an Yoruba man or Aboki. haters of the president that are interested only in his downfall.
Kiss ma asss. grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 14, 2012
I work with the civil service n I have access to such but can't give it to u...u might be a mole
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2012
tiniyata: I work with the civil service n I have access to such but can't give it to u...u might be a mole

A mole for? Please visit this thread here for details on what it is we would like to use the data for.

https://www.nairaland.com/930302/2012-summer-code-time-code/
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kx: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2012
Demdem:

how dare u grin grin grin
What do u take this govt for? dont u know these are confidential secrets of the states.
U are either a spy from the opposition, an Yoruba man or Aboki. haters of the president that are interested only in his downfall.
Kiss ma asss. grin grin grin

I wonder.
4goten it is PDP we are dealing with?
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 14, 2012
Wait till the Freedom of Information bill becomes functional then join the press. That's my way of saying you're asking for too much.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Lilspicer(f): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2012
Onli in ur dreams real life u cant altough we are hav rite to ask but try am mak dem kill u..diegeria jagajaga everytin scatter scatter
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:09am On Jun 14, 2012
1supremo: Wait till the Freedom of Information bill becomes functional then join the press. That's my way of saying you're asking for too much.

This is not a joke. We are seeking serious contributors from those who are aware. Note that those who work in offices where these project data is processed are not ghosts or politicians. They are ordinary Nigerians like you, and these people are well aware of the benefits of an independent monitoring system, or I would think they are.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by werepeLeri: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2012
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This is not a joke. We are seeking serious contributors from those who are aware. Note that those who work in offices where these project data is processed are not ghosts or politicians. They are ordinary Nigerians like you, and these people are well aware of the benefits of an independent monitoring system, or I would think they are.

I'm not joking. I'm only euphemistically stating the truth.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Worcester(m): 10:27am On Jun 14, 2012
WHY NOT WRITE TO THE SSG? I LEARNT THIS GOVT OPERATE AN OPEN DOOR POLICY AND YOU WILL GET ANY INFORMATION YOU NEED. IF YOU TRY OTHER SOURCE, YOU'LL BE TERMED 'SPY'.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Demdem(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Kobo, the KPMG report that detailed the results of the audit of NNPC made us to understand that sensitive infos like production sales and income level information for the country are saved on personal computers. infact went ahead to castigate the NNPC for not having a dedicated server for this.
I wont be surprise if am told that those that work in these offices dont even have access to this except u are a at least director of some sort.
Infos like this shouldnt be secret at all.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by ebamma(m): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2012
hey dude,what u see in paper is not what the really spend,what the spend is like twice what u will see on paper.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2012
Worcester: WHY NOT WRITE TO THE SSG? I LEARNT THIS GOVT OPERATE AN OPEN DOOR POLICY AND YOU WILL GET ANY INFORMATION YOU NEED. IF YOU TRY OTHER SOURCE, YOU'LL BE TERMED 'SPY'.

So can you get us the mailing address/email/fax of this SSG Office?
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2012
Demdem:

Kobo, the KPMG report that detailed the results of the audit of NNPC made us to understand that sensitive infos like production sales and income level information for the country are saved on personal computers. infact went ahead to castigate the NNPC for not having a dedicated server for this.
I wont be surprise if am told that those that work in these offices dont even have access to this except u are a at least director of some sort.
Infos like this shouldnt be secret at all.

Those personal computers are operated by individuals. If we can get access to these individuals, it would be great.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by unknown247: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2012
:PI have acces to some that you may need but won't release them to you bloody dog and baboon spy
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Those personal computers are operated by individuals. If we can get access to these individuals, it would be great.

U want to have access to the "CABALS". shocked shocked shocked shocked
I rest my case from here henceforth. U can do that from US where u are based, me still dey Naija
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:38am On Jun 14, 2012
ebamma: hey dude,what u see in paper is not what the really spend,what the spend is like twice what u will see on paper.

That is why we would prefer to deal directly with the source on this. To get budget info, we expect to get the numbers directly from the Government's budget site. So it makes sense to also look for government sources for Project details, and spending data.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2012
Not in Nigeria. Such documents are considered classified by politicians. If you insist on getting it, you will get it in your grave! This is Nigeria, not U.S or Europe.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2012
Demdem:

U want to have access to the "CABALS". shocked shocked shocked shocked
I rest my case from henceforth. U can do that from US where u are based, me still dey Naija

Even the US government has more access to your own Government and it's dealings than any Nigerian in Nigeria can claim. So let's not even attempt to turn this into an US vs THEM issue.

What we seek is connection to those who have access to the data. They are human beings. . . 100's of them not cabal members as you purport. They wake up early each morning like other hardworking individuals to go manage this data for the Nation. What we are simply looking for is how to connect to these individuals so we can successfully achieve our goal, and this is really for the sake of Nigerians, not the cabal or any elite group out there.

Bear in mind that FOI has been signed into law, so let's drop this old way of thinking already.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2012
Danka7777: Not in Nigeria. Such documents are considered classified in Nigeria. If you insist on getting it, you will get it in your grave! This is Nigeria, not U.S or Europe.

Not according to FOI!
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Demdem(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Even the US government has more access to your own Government and it's dealings than any Nigerian in Nigeria can claim. So let's not even attempt to turn this into an US vs THEM issue.

What we seek is connection to those who have access to the data. They are human beings. . . 100's of them not cabal members as you purport. They wake up early each morning like other hardworking individuals to go manage this data for the Nation. What we are simply looking for is how to connect to these individuals so we can successfully achieve our goal, and this is really for the sake of Nigerians, not the cabal or any elite group out there.

Bear in mind that FOI has been signed into law, so let's drop this old way of thinking already.

Well, i wish u luck in your search and kindly share it if u eventually succeed though i doubt u will succeed.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by slimming: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2012
Go to the Office of Accountant- General using FOB bill.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:52am On Jun 14, 2012
slimming: Go to the Office of Accountant- General using FOB bill.

huh? undecided
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by fesse(f): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

And you think the Ordinary Nigerian will be allowed to access those information. As a human being you have some secrets that your wife is not aware of, so is applicable to the government. Is not even everything that Freedom of Information Bill is going to have access to.
Re: How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. by Kobojunkie: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2012
fesse:

And you think the Ordinary Nigerian will be allowed to access those information. As a human being you have some secrets that your wife is not aware of, so is applicable to the government. Is not even everything that Freedom of Information Bill is going to have access to.

First we get access to the people who actually deal with the data. Now on questioning them on how we could possibly access the data, they may reveal the process we would need to go through, and we intend to follow that.

Again, don't concern yourselves with the details of how we will access it. What we are looking for is DIRECT CONNECTION to those who actually work with this data. We will, at that point, discover for ourselves what limitations FOI has, or does not have FOI.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Contradicts Buhari / Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock / Sowore Will Die In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.