Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? (165650 Views)

. / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone? / What Is The Best Internet Plan For An Iphone 4/4s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by princeeayo: 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
how do i use airlet BIS
plan for my android phone?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by ochukoccna: 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
While this is not a network troubleshooting thread, it's a GLO thread, thus my question
Anyone who has subscribed to GLO knows their network is always disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently
While the network is fast, this off and on behaviour makes downloading of large files hellish
Some would say use a download manager but not all servers support restarting of paused/stopped downloads
Has anyone been able to overcome this ?
How did you do it? undecided undecided
Thanks cool cool
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by monkvirus(m): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hello guy, pls will Etisalat Bb plan work in my Android phone?
Thanks.

Thanks.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by dljbd1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
ochukoccna: While this is not a network troubleshooting thread, it's a GLO thread, thus my question
Anyone who has subscribed to GLO knows their network is always disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently
While the network is fast, this off and on behaviour makes downloading of large files hellish
Some would say use a download manager but not all servers support restarting of paused/stopped downloads
Has anyone been able to overcome this ?
How did you do it? undecided undecided
Thanks cool cool
Wow! So I'm not alone in this? I thought I was the only one experiencing this Ooo. Though I'm enjoying a free gigabyte and thought the constant disconnect was cos it was free. Thank God now I know its general. I hope this gets resolved soon Ooo. I can't afford not to enjoy my bonus...ha!
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by monkvirus(m): 8:53am On Mar 22, 2013
monkvirus: Hello guy, pls will Etisalat Bb plan work in my Android phone?
Thanks.

Thanks.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by MDCEO1: 7:12am On Mar 30, 2013
Please guys, is the Glo BIS and Airtel BIS that has been talked about on this thread still working on android currently?
Or is any other BIS working on android now (maybe Etisalat or Mtn)?
I want to get a sim for my Galaxy Tab2 today, and I'm looking for the one that will give me the most data at the best price.
And, in case the BIS plans are not working anymore, which plans can I get the best data now?
And how do I configure it (that's d codes)?
Abeg, all these Android gurus on NL, I need your input asap.
Thanks.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by pcwhiz(m): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pls sum1 shud help out. is glo bis or mtn bis wrkin presently on non bb device. i want to subscribe on my ipad and airtels 1gig is aint enuf for a mnth. pls confirm. tnks 2 hu eva chooses to help.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Mazeed23: 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
pcwhiz: Pls sum1 shud help out. is glo bis or mtn bis wrkin presently on non bb device. i want to subscribe on my ipad and airtels 1gig is aint enuf for a mnth. pls confirm. tnks 2 hu eva chooses to help.
go with airtel or mtn, glo is not working
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by ndigbo: 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
could any one with information, please respond to the last two posts above ^^ this ? I am really frustrated using this airtel sim. I get very good connectivity to data in the office but whenever I'm home, mehn! my mobile turns to a gaming device, owing to poor internet connection in my locality. please brodas, anyone with information specially on GLo bis to a non BlackBerry platform should please lend a help hand (brain).
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by pcwhiz(m): 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mazeed23: go with airtel or mtn, glo is not working
tnks for quoting. but pls aint mtn bis data cap now 350MB.jst wnt to b sure b4 burnin 1500 on jst 350mb.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by polokor60(m): 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
pcwhiz: tnks for quoting. but pls aint mtn bis data cap now 350MB.jst wnt to b sure b4 burnin 1500 on jst 350mb.
airtel remains your best option for now on other devices without the blackberry services when it comes to bundle data usage.changing your network settings from edge to 3G could be helpful when you are at home.turnoff your internet network when you are not using your ipad to avoid unneccesary consumption of bundle data.goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Airtel is damn fst in my side ,but since i tried the weekly MTN stuff,i found out that Mtn is even faster than Airtel in my side,i didnt not understand why,but Atleast i consume almost 1.5gb from the Mtn weekly stuff.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by SegzyJoe(m): 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hello Guys,
I just bought a samsung galaxy grand dual sim phone with airtel sim inclusive, the sim was supposed to come with six month internet inclusive, on getting to airtel office for sim activation and configuration, i was told there was no internet package in the sim, on askin why the lie by airtel, the guy that attended to me said sometimes it happens that way, that some people might be lucky the sim come with internet. The airtel staff I met advised me to buy airtel internet plan as my best internet option for that kind of phone , I was angry and I left their office for wasting my time.

My question is can I still go ahead to get airtel internet plan, is better for my kind of phone?
Thanks.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 02, 2013
SegzyJoe: Hello Guys,
I just bought a samsung galaxy grand dual sim phone with airtel sim inclusive, the sim was supposed to come with six month internet inclusive, on getting to airtel office for sim activation and configuration, i was told there was no internet package in the sim, on askin why the lie by airtel, the guy that attended to me said sometimes it happens that way, that some people might be lucky the sim come with internet. The airtel staff I met advised me to buy airtel internet plan as my best internet option for that kind of phone , I was angry and I left their office for wasting my time.

My question is can I still go ahead to get airtel internet plan, is better for my kind of phone?
Thanks.
,yes very co
mpactable...but before u subscribe,email me to tell u how to do it?.ugohemma@gmail.com......
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by deleo16(m): 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
pls is mtn bis working on non rooted android phone pls i need ur reply asap
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
deleo16: pls is mtn bis working on non rooted andr,yeajoid phone pls,1 i need ur reply asap
yeah,still work,try week first
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
deleo16: pls is mtn bis working on non rooted android phone pls i need ur reply asap
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by nell07(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
dl_jbd:
Wow! So I'm not alone in this? I thought I was the only one experiencing this Ooo. Though I'm enjoying a free gigabyte and thought the constant disconnect was cos it was free. Thank God now I know its general. I hope this gets resolved soon Ooo. I can't afford not to enjoy my bonus...ha!

Please is there a way to still subscribe for the glo bb data package on my Android phone?.
Very urgent please
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by nell07(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!
A BROTHER NEEDS HELP SUBSCRIBING FOR THE GLO BB DATA PLAN.
IS IT STILL POSSIBLE, OR IS IT A HOPELESS CASE?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
CAN SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO USE MTN BIS FOR TECHNO N3? sad
THANKS smiley
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by honsule(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
nell07: HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!
A BROTHER NEEDS HELP SUBSCRIBING FOR THE GLO BB DATA PLAN.
IS IT STILL POSSIBLE, OR IS IT A HOPELESS CASE?

Glo BB data is a hopeless case./It has been Blocked.But some people say it is working now,but i doubt.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
Soyedele1: CAN SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO USE MTN BIS FOR TECHNO N3? sad
THANKS smiley
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=Soyedele1][/quote]BROS NUTTIN TO TEAch you,txt BBCWEEK TO 21600 FOR WEEKLY,THEN U CAN GOOGLE THAT OF THE MONTH,1500
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by joyceonyema(f): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2013
Each time i use airtel internet plan on my htc g2, only google gets to open (which happens to be very slow). I realy dont know how to deal with it. Please help me out.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
nothing is ur problem,Android phones has low network connectivity,u may cheak the configuration and configure it by ur self...
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by chuckyng: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2013
i just bought a tecno N3. i work in a place where we have wifi services throughout but my phone is not connecting. it shows connected and the logo shows but its not browsing
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by cybermaven(f): 11:50am On Apr 11, 2013
Hi.
It's not about just putting on Your WiFi. You need to go into the Wireless and Network settings to configure the SSID, security type and password of the WLan you want to connect to.

Do this once and you're good to go.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
ochukoccna: As AIRTEL is slow and the network so erratic nowadays, does anyone know whether the GLO modems, routers and mini routers plans work on Andriods as I use my phone as a modem a lot?
I don't want another subscribe to a BB plan but use in an Andriod part 2 drama which GLO put so many of us through last month
Thanks
N:B
Note attached image
Though this is coming rather too late but, you can use all those Glo plans on your Android phone because, they are HSI plans. Thank you.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
pls olulosa sud pls xpantiate on ur contributn......guys 2geda we shall salvage the internet
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
Akonice07: pls olulosa sud pls xpantiate on ur contributn......guys 2geda we shall salvage the internet
On which area sir?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Samsung Official Thread / How To Reset Or Unlock Android Pattern Security Lock / Unlocking Itel Pattern Lock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.