Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? (165659 Views)

. / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone? / What Is The Best Internet Plan For An Iphone 4/4s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by lasunray(m): 9:11am On Jan 05, 2013
otikpoko:
Thank you for thanking me grin cool tongue
NEXT!

Thanks soo much, I ve gotten the SIM. Will get back to you ASAP.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by otikpoko(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2013
lasunray:

Thanks soo much, I ve gotten the SIM. Will get back to you ASAP.
Ok.
Please make sure you finish it so that it does not waste.

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by folex(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
bush4ker: pls i heard abt the airtel unlimited bis@3000 .how true is that?

not true!!! its only 3gb. but still the best among all networks for that price. you can equally subcribe to that 3gb @#2,800 By sending BCM3 to 440 I.e buy 2 get one free!!!
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 2:35am On Jan 07, 2013
miko11: please can someone advice me on the best internet plan for an android smartphone on any network.
Well, this maybe very late but, it can be of importance to you should choose to try it.
Smart phones generally consumes data and as a result, users are bound to complain somehow about the rate their data volume are varnishing, especially people with little or no knowledge about turning off unnecessary updates, which usually runs on the background without the user's knowledge.
That said. I will advice you use a BB plan on your device, not that it will you data but, you will pay less for more data volume. I therefore recommend to you Glo Somonth BB plan for N1,200, with 3GB data volume or, Comonth for N1,400 with 3GB data volume for 30 days, for your Android device. Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other for more. Thank you.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 2:38am On Jan 07, 2013
folex:

not true!!! its only 3gb. but still the best among all networks for that price. you can equally subcribe to that 3gb @#2,800 By sending BCM3 to 440 I.e buy 2 get one free!!!
Are you aware of Glo BB plans now working on phones and other devices? For just N1,200 or N1,400, you get 3GB data volume on subscribing to Glo BB plan of Somonth and Comonth respectively. Visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 2:45am On Jan 07, 2013
tulaland: Hi everyone,

I've read all the posts on the thread and I can't find anything for Glo. I just activated Glo BBComplete on my sim. I use a Sony Xperia Arc S phone. Tried creating a blackberry.net APN with Proxy 8580. Still nothing works! Please I'll appreciate if anyone has actually successfully used a Glo Blackberry subscription on an android phone - please kindly share the tip with me.

Thank u so much! God bless u.
Yes, the APN for the Glo BB plans is blackberry.net but, you don't need any proxy number for it to work on your Xperia device.
Meanwhile this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other will amaze you how many people now uses Glo BB plans on phones and other devices.

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 2:47am On Jan 07, 2013
sundayid: i heard that glo bis now work on other phones with blackberry.net as apn. i havent use it b4 n its 3GB
That is very correct. All thanks to our experiment on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other which have helped a lot of people already. You can visit today.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 2:51am On Jan 07, 2013
bush4ker: jeeez 1gig just for #1200 then what am i still waisting my time and money with mtn
Then, Glo BB plans should really blow you off. With N1,200 or N1,400 you get 3GB data volume to use on your phones, tablets and modem with APN blackberry.net
Visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other and see for yourself. Cheers!!!
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 2:57am On Jan 07, 2013
cyrexx:

i wont advice you to buy MTN data for android cos their data tarrrif is one of the most draconic in the industry and i avoid them like a plague, except using their BIS. You can google and compare all the nigerian network's data bundle costs and see for yourself

Since android consume lots of data, why not use airtel BIS. Airtel BIS, unlike all other network BIS, works with android phones and it is 1GB for N1,300. Although, in my opinion, android gives the best smartphone experience, the phone's data consumption is very high, and will cost you a lot in data, especially on non-airtel network. (Personally, i consume anywhere between 4GB to 10GB per month on my android, cos i use youtube apps a lot and i regularly download some tv programmes). I'll advice you to only go for an android phone, and a good one running the latest ice cream sandwich or jellybean, IF MONEY FOR DATA IS NOT AN ISSUE. Its simply the best smartphone experience plus thousands of cool applications you get to enjoy.

Otherwise, I'll suggest you get blackberry phone and use MTN BIS since i guess you are using mtn line. Blackberry is also good especially if you love downloading a lot of stuffs. At N1,500 per month. You get unlimited downloads.
You may not have heard that Glo BB plans now work on phones and other devices. With N1,200 or N1,400 you get 3GB data volume. Isn't that amazing? Just visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other and have a feel.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 07, 2013
^Are you serious? If it's true then I am going to buy a glo sim today when daybreaks.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 3:27am On Jan 07, 2013
House, I have been avoiding this thread for long but, I decided to visit for the very first time this night. The reason why I have been avoiding it is as a result of the fact that, since I don't have an Android phone, I was just contemplating what advice I will give to the OP.
Although I heard about Airtel's BB plan working on phones outside Blackberry for a long time now, but, I only gave it a trial this past December, after exhausting 460MB data volume on Glo in just 4 nights.
After subscribing to the Airtel's N1,200 1GB data volume, I was like relief a bit, considering the difference between Glo Always Micro 200MB data volume for N1,000 and Aitel's BSM 1GB data volume for N1,200. However, I became curious why nobody on Nairaland here, ever said how successful they were able to use Glo BB plans on phones and other devices.
Being curious and never wanting to spend more money to subscribe for the Glo Always Micro data plan of 'ordinary' 200MB data volume for N1,000, I decided to experiment Glo BB plan, using my Nokia 101 phone for the subscription. I subscribed to Glo Coweek with N400 and 700MB data volume was allocated to me.
Today, the story is but, a success story. With 'ordinary' N1,200 or N1,400, you can now get 3GB data volume subscription on Glo, using the Glo BB plans on phones, modems and tablets.
This thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other which I created for the experiment on 23rd December, 2012, have seen more and more people coming to terms with reality that, you can actually get more less. If you are doubting, just visit and you will tell the story yourself. Thank you.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 3:29am On Jan 07, 2013
fellis: ^Are you serious? If it's true then I am going to buy a glo sim today when daybreaks.
I am more than serious. I am spreading REALITY not any trick this trick that. Just visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other and you will understand me better. Thank you.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 07, 2013
luluosas:
I am more than serious. I am spreading REALITY not any trick this trick that. Just visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other and you will understand me better. Thank you.
I see. Thanks for the info.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 3:47am On Jan 07, 2013
fellis:
I see. Thanks for the info.
You are welcome.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Akeks(m): 3:29am On Jan 08, 2013
K guys. I'm kinda indecisive here. Which should i go for; a samsong galaxy pocket or a tecno N3? Pls guys i need 2 knw which one is better... Can i trust dat tecno N3? Heard it'sa dual sim and it's relatively very cheap! Or should i just play safe and get d galaxy pocket.
I urgently need your opinion on dis pls as i'm going 2 get one 2mrw or nxt.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by otikpoko(m): 5:20am On Jan 08, 2013
Akeks: K guys. I'm kinda indecisive here. Which should i go for; a samsong galaxy pocket or a tecno N3? Pls guys i need 2 knw which one is better... Can i trust dat tecno N3? Heard it'sa dual sim and it's relatively very cheap! Or should i just play safe and get d galaxy pocket.
get the siii.
thats my opinion grin grin grin
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by lasunray(m): 8:15am On Jan 08, 2013
Akeks: K guys. I'm kinda indecisive here. Which should i go for; a samsong galaxy pocket or a tecno N3? Pls guys i need 2 knw which one is better... Can i trust dat tecno N3? Heard it'sa dual sim and it's relatively very cheap! Or should i just play safe and get d galaxy pocket.
I use pocket & am enjoying it. I ve seen and operated tecno N3. the only main feature that diff them is that. tecno N3 has wider screen, bigger, its a double SIM phone. 3MP camera while pocket is 2MP. Tecno N3 has lasting battery capacity.
Pocket has text to speech, I doubt if tecno N3 has, pls confirm.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by folex(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
otikpoko:
get the siii.
thats my opinion grin grin grin

SG SIII for the senior boyz lol!!! so loving it here!!!
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Akeks(m): 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
lasunray:
I use pocket & am enjoying it. I ve seen and operated tecno N3. the only main feature that diff them is that. tecno N3 has wider screen, bigger, its a double SIM phone. 3MP camera while pocket is 2MP. Tecno N3 has lasting battery capacity.
Pocket has text to speech, I doubt if tecno N3 has, pls confirm.
k. But my fear still remain dat tecno phns are not knwn 2 b durable and able 2 stnd rough handlin unlike d infamous nokia and probably samsng. Would u say i take d chance?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by mercikelly: 4:41am On Jan 09, 2013
Hello guyz pls does any1 knw how I can extend d GB on my airtel sim so its not jst d 1GB data cap I get on d sim for my android phone...pls any help send message to mercikelly@gmail.com
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 9:48am On Jan 09, 2013
mercikelly: Hello guyz pls does any1 knw how I can extend d GB on my airtel sim so its not jst d 1GB data cap I get on d sim for my android phone...pls any help send message to mercikelly@gmail.com
Use Glo BB plans for as low as N1,200 you get 3GB data volume. See this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by shadelek(m): 8:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
wandeay: go for 10MB per day @ N100, u can buy 2-3 times a day, @ d end of d month, u wont use more than 7k
grin
wandeay: go for 10MB per day @ N100, u can buy 2-3 times a day, @ d end of d month, u wont use more than 7k
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Curtisokafor: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
Does etisalat bis work on android phone please answer..
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by otikpoko(m): 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
Curtisokafor: Does etisalat bis work on android phone please answer..
Try it and find out wink
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by christskill: 4:19am On Feb 03, 2013
how do i subscribe for airtel bis and can it work on my htc phone.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by victor44: 4:55am On Feb 04, 2013
hi, pls i tried to send internet to airtel 4 settings but they send me " THIS PHONE IS NOT SUPPORTIVE" pls what should i do?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by smashall20: 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Its very funny how andriod and iphone users abuse bb users at every given opportunity, even the very latest z10 & q10, u all tink it will fail... but u depend on bis to use your andriod phones fully... shame on u all. see how airtel and glo bis are saving asses grin grin grin
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by sundayid(m): 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
christskill: how do i subscribe for airtel bis and can it work on my htc phone.
use glo instead, you'll get 3GB

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by luluosas(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
smashall20: Its very funny how andriod and iphone users abuse bb users at every given opportunity, even the very latest z10 & q10, u all tink it will fail... but u depend on bis to use your andriod phones fully... shame on u all. see how airtel and glo bis are saving asses grin grin grin
Well, I have never used a BB phone and I don't speak bad about those using it. However, using BB plans on none BB devices make a whole lot of sense. Imagine where I used to buy Glo Always Micro plan at N1,000 for a miserable 200MB data volume, but now, with just ordinary N1,200 I get a whopping 3GB data volume on Glo Somonth BB plan. Nothing compares jor.

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by smashall20: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
luluosas:
Well, I have never used a BB phone and I don't speak bad about those using it. However, using BB plans on none BB devices make a whole lot of sense. Imagine where I used to buy Glo Always Micro plan at N1,000 for a miserable 200MB data volume, but now, with just ordinary N1,200 I get a whopping 3GB data volume on Glo Somonth BB plan. Nothing compares jor.

I feel you grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by ochukoccna: 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
As AIRTEL is slow and the network so erratic nowadays, does anyone know whether the GLO modems, routers and mini routers plans work on Andriods as I use my phone as a modem a lot?
I don't want another subscribe to a BB plan but use in an Andriod part 2 drama which GLO put so many of us through last month
Thanks
N:B
Note attached image

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Samsung Official Thread / How To Reset Or Unlock Android Pattern Security Lock / Unlocking Itel Pattern Lock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.