Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? (165649 Views)

. / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone? / What Is The Best Internet Plan For An Iphone 4/4s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2012
pls o which one is better for huge downloads.is it airtel bsm or bcm?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by chakaz(m): 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
bush4ker: pls o which one is better for huge downloads.is it airtel bsm or bcm?
Both have same data allowance which is 1GB. So they have the same capacity in terms of download. They only differs if using it on BB

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
jeeez 1gig just for #1200 then what am i still waisting my time and money with mtn
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by jpphilips(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2012
Knight1: @aze
Do you use mtn?
If u pay for the 1500 package, whats the data limit?
Do u use it for tethering?
Pls reply asap. Thanks

the 1,300 mtn subscription will give you 250mb
if you are on android honeycomb or sandwich, you can use it as hot spot and send it to 8 devices via wifi.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by folex(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2012
get airtel 3gb for just #2,800 and flex for 3months if you like.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by folex(m): 11:42am On Oct 27, 2012
folex: get airtel 3gb for just #2,800 and flex for 3months if you like.

BCM3 to 440=3gb for 90days

If you are still active on previous plan, simply DEACTIVATE to 440.

Regards

Folex.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
airtel is d bomb
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
i subscribed for the one month plan@1200 but they didnt tell me its 1gig they just said that my subcription wil end 1dec.and they included it was for a whole complete month nt 1gig
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Pinoralia: 12:15am On Nov 02, 2012
So airtel BIS can work on modems, pls, how true is this?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by 702: 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
does the aitel pkage affect call rate? sounds cheaper that the etisalat m using
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
no it doesnt affect call rate
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Hotdiamond(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Hotdiamond(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2012
bush4ker: i subscribed for the one month plan@1200 but they didnt tell me its 1gig they just said that my subcription wil end 1dec.and they included it was for a whole complete month nt 1gig
dial *123*10# to Check your data balance.
Its 1(ONE) gig dude. Not unlimited data
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
nawaoo which it was unlimited data.anyway i still luv it cuz mtn or etisalat cant offer 1gig@such a friendly amount
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 03, 2012
Guys, what's wrong with MTN's Super Surf? I understand that it gives time-limited, volume-unlimited Internet access. Is that good for Androids? I'm looking at getting my first Android soon and I think I'll be consuming a lot of data.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by cyrexx: 6:15am On Nov 03, 2012
Ihedinobi: Guys, what's wrong with MTN's Super Surf? I understand that it gives time-limited, volume-unlimited Internet access. Is that good for Androids? I'm looking at getting my first Android soon and I think I'll be consuming a lot of data.

i wont advice you to buy MTN data for android cos their data tarrrif is one of the most draconic in the industry and i avoid them like a plague, except using their BIS. You can google and compare all the nigerian network's data bundle costs and see for yourself

Since android consume lots of data, why not use airtel BIS. Airtel BIS, unlike all other network BIS, works with android phones and it is 1GB for N1,300. Although, in my opinion, android gives the best smartphone experience, the phone's data consumption is very high, and will cost you a lot in data, especially on non-airtel network. (Personally, i consume anywhere between 4GB to 10GB per month on my android, cos i use youtube apps a lot and i regularly download some tv programmes). I'll advice you to only go for an android phone, and a good one running the latest ice cream sandwich or jellybean, IF MONEY FOR DATA IS NOT AN ISSUE. Its simply the best smartphone experience plus thousands of cool applications you get to enjoy.

Otherwise, I'll suggest you get blackberry phone and use MTN BIS since i guess you are using mtn line. Blackberry is also good especially if you love downloading a lot of stuffs. At N1,500 per month. You get unlimited downloads.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2012
cyrexx:

i wont advice you to buy MTN data for android cos their data tarrrif is one of the most draconic in the industry and i avoid them like a plague, except using their BIS. You can google and compare all the nigerian network's data bundle costs and see for yourself

Since android consume lots of data, why not use airtel BIS. Airtel BIS, unlike all other network BIS, works with android phones and it is 1GB for N1,300. Although, in my opinion, android gives the best smartphone experience, the phone's data consumption is very high, and will cost you a lot in data, especially on non-airtel network. (Personally, i consume anywhere between 4GB to 10GB per month on my android, cos i use youtube apps a lot and i regularly download some tv programmes). I'll advice you to only go for an android phone, and a good one running the latest ice cream sandwich or jellybean, IF MONEY FOR DATA IS NOT AN ISSUE. Its simply the best smartphone experience plus thousands of cool applications you get to enjoy.

Otherwise, I'll suggest you get blackberry phone and use MTN BIS since i guess you are using mtn line. Blackberry is also good especially if you love downloading a lot of stuffs. At N1,500 per month. You get unlimited downloads.

A BB is out of the question. The Android is for work. I already have three sims and I don't like having more than one. I'm partial to MTN but I know the others are very likely just as good.

The Super Surf would allow me to use 720 hours (30 24-hr-browsing days equivalent) for, I think, 13k. No download limits and it's valid for a ninety-day period. But I haven't heard how well it works from anyone who uses it. That's why I'm asking.

It seems to me that the Super Surf plans are very practical and economically smart. Just wanna know if they work or not.

By the way, what's your take on the Galaxy Y? Also, I understand that MTN locks their BIS to the BB. One can't legitimately use it on any other device. That true?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by dljbd1(m): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2012
bush4ker: i subscribed for the one month plan@1200 but they didnt tell me its 1gig they just said that my subcription wil end 1dec.and they included it was for a whole complete month nt 1gig

dial *141*712*0# to check whats left on ur data plan
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by cyrexx: 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
Ihedinobi:
The Super Surf would allow me to use 720 hours (30 24-hr-browsing days equivalent) for, I think, 13k. No download limits and it's valid for a ninety-day period. But I haven't heard how well it works from anyone who uses it. That's why I'm asking.

It seems to me that the Super Surf plans are very practical and economically smart. Just wanna know if they work or not.

if you think that makes sense compared to airtel, then go for it. But pls do your research properly cos mtn definitrely DOES NOT give unlimited downloads outside their BIS. Thats a fact!

By the way, what's your take on the Galaxy Y?

i dont know about it. I've only used HTC. Though i heard that samsung galaxy have good android phones. Just ensure the specifications are good and the android version is at least ICS.

Also, I understand that MTN locks their BIS to the BB. One can't legitimately use it on any other device. That true?

Yep. True.

Though you can use their BIS on android with some configurations, but i wont advise that cos its illegal. I use wifi hotspot for my android.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
cyrexx:

if you think that makes sense compared to airtel, then go for it. But pls do your research properly cos mtn definitrely DOES NOT give unlimited downloads outside their BIS. Thats a fact!

i dont know about it. I've only used HTC. Though i heard that samsung galaxy have good android phones. Just ensure the specifications are good and the android version is at least ICS.

Yep. True.

Though you can use their BIS on android with some configurations, but i wont advise that cos its illegal. I use wifi hotspot for my android.

Thanks man. Will do that research.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by cyrexx: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Thanks man. Will do that research.

you are most welcome, my dear pastor
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by xcitedjay(m): 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
do I need to put my sim card in a BB before I send bsm for the N1,200?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
no just send the sms from the phone u are using.thats it!!but i'm using android so i dont know abt other operating systems
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by JhaayYoung: 12:06am On Nov 04, 2012
Hello my fellow android users in the house... I rooted my phone recently and I noticed that the packet dAta network suddenly disappears at time for a while.. I use the airtel bis on it.. I wouLd kindly love to hear your opinion about this, I want to determine whetHer it is the rooting causing this or airtel general service.... Do anyone experience this... Need your various experience pls.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by xcitedjay(m): 1:06am On Nov 04, 2012
bush4ker: no just send the sms from the phone u are using.thats it!!but i'm using android so i dont know abt other operating systems
Thanks! Will try it when my one week plan expires. Just hope it'll still work by then.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Akeks(m): 5:06am On Nov 04, 2012
Pls guys i wish 2 knw which is better as i don't knw which one 2 go 4 b/w android operating sys and aple.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 04, 2012
Ihedinobi: The Super Surf would allow me to use 720 hours (30 24-hr-browsing days equivalent) for, I think, 13k. No download limits and it's valid for a ninety-day period. . .

It seems to me that the Super Surf plans are very practical and economically smart. . .

Well, as feared, there was a catch. The MTN Simple Surf has a cap on data usage. Also the ninety-day plan is for 300 hours not 720 and it has a ten-gig cap. So, if the user exhausts ten gigabytes of data before their three hundred hours are up, their Internet service might as well be terminated because their connection will slow down considerably.

At 13k, the 300-hr plan is not as good as the Airtel offer if both networks are available to the user. I think this officially ends my exclusive dependence on MTN for data services.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by cyrexx: 11:58am On Nov 04, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Well, as feared, there was a catch. The MTN Simple Surf has a cap on data usage. Also the ninety-day plan is for 300 hours not 720 and it has a ten-gig cap. So, if the user exhausts ten gigabytes of data before their three hundred hours are up, their Internet service might as well be terminated because their connection will slow down considerably.

At 13k, the 300-hr plan is not as good as the Airtel offer if both networks are available to the user. I think this officially ends my exclusive dependence on MTN for data services.

See what i mean?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by chakaz(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
xcitedjay: do I need to put my sim card in a BB before I send bsm for the N1,200?
No, just put ur sim in any phone and send 'bsm to 440' and start browsing but make sure you have airtel browsing configurations set on your phone.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
cyrexx:

See what i mean?

I guess undecided
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
pls i heard abt the airtel unlimited bis@3000 .how true is that?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by bush4ker(m): 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
is it truely unlimited? can it work on android?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Samsung Official Thread / How To Reset Or Unlock Android Pattern Security Lock / Unlocking Itel Pattern Lock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.