Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

d - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / d (3932 Views)

Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. / What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' / Wikileak: Why Omisore Should Never Become Governor Of Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

d by Umartins1(m): 11:46am On Jun 14, 2012
Rd
Re: d by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2012
And your point is?
Re: d by olawalebabs(m): 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
What is your parameter to measures that they are better off during PDP reign?
Re: d by Beaf: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2012
Umartins1: I bear no personal grudge against anyone or any government but the truth must be said.
Do the people of OSUN really have a GOVERNOR??

I dont want to be tagged a member of the opposition party but I believe that 80% of Osun indigens will support my claim.

POOR ECONOMY

During the reign of PDP, the economy was in a bliss. Market women and men chant gladily. Civil service workers enjoyed thier entitlements. Boys and girls,youngs and olds felt the truth dividends of democracy.
The salt, as sweet as it is, still has its enemies. Everyone born of man is bound to have his antis. Such could be said of the then Governor of the state, the prince, that transformed Osun from a zero economy state to a state boasting of a luxurious standard of living.
He was plotted against and was impeached in the name of rigging during election, which I considered as irrelevant.
Now, Osun has who they wanted. A man that calls himself an advocate of God but still indulges in the 'dirty game'.
I am not campaigning nor nursing a grudge against anyone but my dear people of Osun, what has the man done for you??
He rarely stays in the state he governs and care-less about his party members. For the fear of my prestige, I will be putting a halt to my address. But I want to implore Osun to
ENJOY WHAT SHE HAS GOTTEN................. Poor standard of living!

Well said, bro.
Osun people never bargained for what they got. Its really unfortunate.

Beaf: Aregbe takes the price. cool

[size=14pt]"Pally! To hell wit Osun!"
"I like Lagos o! Lagosu! Lagosuuuu!! Lagosuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!"
[/size]
Re: d by olawalebabs(m): 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
I need to check out, can't be in the same room thread with re.tard***
Re: d by Fhemmmy: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2012
How do u know he rarely stays in Oshun
Re: d by whyman(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
I beg to disagree.

It is disheartening when people are just popping up with poor evaluation.

What really happen is that chop and share politics has reduced. He does not share money around like former govt., even his party members were complaining that it was not business as usual.

From my own point of view all those lazy politicians better find a good job because he is not ready to give out money that would not be accounted for. He asked them to form "development cooperatives" or "community development services", so that whatever he gave them would be accounted for.

People who are working - artisans, traders, etc have enough cash flow. Those "ijewuru" are simply no more there. So the cash is not as widely circulated in huge as it was then.

Please, let us change our orientation so that our collective life will change. We should not be selfish and greedy like Farouk Lawan.

3 Likes

Re: d by Beaf: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
Fhemmmy: How do u know he rarely stays in Oshun

He has said the same thing himself. Here goes:

[size=14pt]AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me[/size]

[size=14pt]QUESTION: You are running a government in Osun and at the same time having an eye on Lagos State. Your opponents are asking why can’t you devote your attention to Osun?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me. I am in Osun now, who are the people you see here? Lagos people! Let us not deceive ourselves and do not allow misdirected and irrational people to deceive all of us, because nature is not artificial, it is natural; it cannot be manipulated. Therefore; how can a man operate in a state for close to 30 years and just because he has been here since November 26, 2010 he will have nothing to do with that area. Is it naturally possible? Is it possible for a man to live in a place for 30 years, and then relocate to a place for just about 10 months and severe all relationships with where he had stayed for 30 years? It does not follow logic. Those who are peddling this think if they continue it, it would attract some sympathy for them, here again they have failed. Our people are reasonable; they understand the fact of life. If my 30 years seem far-fetched, let us look at what is obvious, I came into public limelight in Lagos with my appointment as Commissioner for Works in 1999, one thing that cannot be mistaken is that you cannot attain that height in any political setting without sufficient network at the grassroots; which means I must have had grassroots network before I emerged as a commissioner. Let us just put that at 5 years of work, and 12 years of service; that is 17 years of serious political work, where will the people in my network go?

[size=14pt]QUESTION: But where does that leave the people of Osun State that you govern? Are they not being short-changed?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Are they complaining? Does it in any way affect our operation in the state? It would be an issue if the presence of visiting Lagos people here affects my effectiveness as a governor, honestly it might be an issue. But the truth is that the state had not had it this good in recent past. I work 18 hours in a day. The last government closed from office 12noon every day. So, how can you compare us? I have organised myself so well that as I am large in Lagos, I am larger in Osun. Something has proved it beyond reasonable doubt, I have Alimosho in Lagos, we won, the opposition had no answer to us; and when we went for the rally, our strength again was shown by the turnout, and when I spoke there, the whole world knew that there was somebody here. To further demonstrate that Alimosho was not a fluke, we won all the seats contested in Osun State. We give the glory to God. President Jonathan won everywhere, but when he got here, he met a brick wall. We gave Nuhu Ribadu the state.
[size=14pt]
QUESTION: Is it your long association with Lagos that has made you introduce a seemingly strange model of government to the state, a model where the Chief of Staff has more powers than the SSG, a model whereby you as the governor also holds on to the Works portfolio?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Let me tell you, we make some mistakes because of our attachment to convention and I want to beg you, you will help us and your generation by always attempting to go into the etymology of everything, don’t just take it as they present themselves. Go to the root, we introduced the office of chief of staff in the entire country and we understood what that office is. Go to Wikipediea, chief of staff is almost the governor, he controls the office of the governor; you cannot have chief of staff and have any other operation outside what we have given out there, but because those who copy this thing didn’t know anything, they didn’t seek knowledge, they just operated blindly. We are operating government as it should be, it has nothing to do with individual, it is simply a question of how government must be. Don’t believe me, search for knowledge. There is nothing Lagos about it, it is about if you are executive, what is the format, the chief of staff takes responsibility for the governor, in fact for the governorate including the deputy governor. We understood what we wanted for our administration and we structured it the way we want and it’s giving us the result that we want and you will see the impact. Our governance will totally be unconventional. Let me tell you one that has not even happened in Lagos, we created a Bureau of Communication and Strategy; no government has ever had anything like that. The best that was had was a Chief Press Secretary.

https://www.nairaland.com/774228/aregbesola-never-leave-lagos-lagos
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016
Re: d by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2012
Beaf:

He has said the same thing himself. Here goes:

[size=14pt]AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/774228/aregbesola-never-leave-lagos-lagos
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016

Thanks for this . . . These explains more
Re: d by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
Fhemmmy: How do u know he rarely stays in Oshun

That information is no secret.
Re: d by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2012
whyman: I beg to disagree.

It is disheartening when people are just popping up with poor evaluation.

What really happen is that chop and share politics has reduced. He does not share money around like former govt., even his party members were complaining that it was not business as usual.

From my own point of view all those lazy politicians better find a good job because he is not ready to give out money that would not be accounted for. He asked them to form "development cooperatives" or "community development services", so that whatever he gave them would be accounted for.

People who are working - artisans, traders, etc have enough cash flow. Those "ijewuru" are simply no more there. So the cash is not as widely circulated in huge as it was then.

Please, let us change our orientation so that our collective life will change. We should not be selfish and greedy like Farouk Lawan.

Isn't it funny that when Government is not having a positive impact on the lives of the people, it is always someone else to blame, with people like you. Why then was he elected and given all that power to rule the state? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: d by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I know, just that i never took time to look for it, and since the gentleman has saved me of time to look for it and share it, i have a better understanding of the govt of Oshun State.

1 Like

Re: d by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2012
welcome to the 21st century ppl, he stays out of Osun doesn't mean he can't govern Osun like he was there physically
Re: d by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
info: welcome to the 21st century ppl, he stays out of Osun doesn't mean he can't govern Osun like he was there physically

What 21st Century? The one defined in your wee brain there?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: d by bestview: 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
I hear say the guy only come to Oshuun state when its time to collect allocation and immediately returns to his Ikorodu lagos residence to continue the governance of the cave and rural state of shun.

1 Like

Re: d by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
Look at the interview up there, the gov asked the reporter if the people are complaining, please leave them (us) they want him and he's there, only time will tell
Re: d by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What 21st Century? The one defined in your wee brain there?? undecided undecided undecided

cant u make a comment without insults please respect yourself
Re: d by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
bestview: I hear say the guy only come to Oshuun state when its time to collect allocation and immediately returns to his Ikorodu lagos residence to continue the governance of the cave and rural state of shun.
embarassed
Re: d by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
info:

cant u make a comment without insults please respect yourself

I didn't insult you. Only asked you a question given that you attempted to pull the 21st century down to your level of reasoning there.
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 1:59am On Jun 15, 2012
Latest: Osun civil service workers to embark on strike next week.....

Even the party members are complaining.

I'm not an indigen of Osun but an 'ambassador' of the state. This isn't what they expected of him!
Re: d by koruji(m): 3:13am On Jun 15, 2012
What information is no secret? Where are you getting your info-lies from?

Kobojunkie:

Re: d by koruji(m): 3:16am On Jun 15, 2012
The interview was conducted more than a year ago when the governor was just settling down.

And as everyone knew, he was a pivotal politician in Lagos even though he hailed from Osun State - he lived in Lagos for more than 30 years. That is all the point he was making - he cannot just abandon Lagos right away.

As for Beaf and his sawdust head, I wonder what Mr. Transformation is accomplishing with all the time he is spending in Abuja.

Bunch of jobless blokes.

salaksmana: Look at the interview up there, the gov asked the reporter if the people are complaining, please leave them (us) they want him and he's there, only time will tell
Re: d by koruji(m): 3:17am On Jun 15, 2012
Liar, and son of a liar.

Umartins1: Latest: Osun civil service workers to embark on strike next week.....

Even the party members are complaining.

I'm not an indigen of Osun but an 'ambassador' of the state. This isn't what they expected of him!
Re: d by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Jun 15, 2012
koruji: What information is no secret? Where are you getting your info-lies from?

Abeg go enter cupboard bury your head.

I am sure you are here to give us one of your many stupid reasons for why people should ignore the TELECOMMUTE Governor's antics.
Re: d by koruji(m): 3:19am On Jun 15, 2012
You keep deceiving yourself. Upon all the accomplishments of Aregbesola played out here over the months, this is the understanding of the government of Osun that you now have.

It is not too difficult to type Aregbesola into google or NL.

Fhemmmy:
I know, just that i never took time to look for it, and since the gentleman has saved me of time to look for it and share it, i have a better understanding of the govt of Oshun State.
Re: d by aljharem(m): 3:20am On Jun 15, 2012
koruji: You keep deceiving yourself. Upon all the accomplishments of Aregbesola played out here over the months, this is the understanding of the government of Osun that you now have.

It is not too difficult to type Aregbesola into google or NL.

To be honest I am yet to see anything from governor of other states apart from Lagos and Edo, are the rest sleeping ?

What happened to DAWN ? angry angry angry angry
Re: d by koruji(m): 3:43am On Jun 15, 2012
Osun governor is barely two years. You can't compare - it takes time to get off the ground, but even then Aregbesola has indicated where he will be taking Osun for those paying attention.

The same O'YES that he instituted and Beaf like a buffoon lambasted for months on end here on NL:
1. Was copied almost verbatim by the GEJ administration in their ill-thought unSURE document to relieve the pain of removing subsidies
2. Other states, the FG and the World Bank have converged in Osun State at least once to understudy the program.
3. Other states are copying it

As I mentioned the other day, the program to build 170 new schools has commenced, as well as major road building projects.

He has improved the program to provide a meal for kids at school in a very serious manner, and moving to boost Agricultural production in Osun State.

He is a serious administrator, and one that seems to have the burning desire to transform Osun with actions to back it up.

Fashola buit on what Tinubu started - but has taken it to new heights, and Oshiomole is doing a great job as well. The other ACN governors are in the same category as Aregbesola in terms of their tenure. That should be kept in mind.

On the other hand, there are may be more than 20 states that the PDP has controlled for the last 13 years, and things keep going from bad to worse - that is the comparison to make with Lagos - including the decript center.

alj harem:

To be honest I am yet to see anything from governor of other states apart from Lagos and Edo, are the rest sleeping ?

What happened to DAWN ? angry angry angry angry
Re: d by Beaf: 5:02am On Jun 15, 2012
^
Its entertaining, seeing you lie so forcefully! Lolz!
Unfortunately for you, the World now recognises AregbeRASCAL as an unmitigated failure, megalomaniac, loudmouth and monumental error on the political landscape of the State of Osun! grin

koruji: The interview was conducted more than a year ago when the governor was just settling down.

And as everyone knew, he was a pivotal politician in Lagos even though he hailed from Osun State - he lived in Lagos for more than 30 years. That is all the point he was making - he cannot just abandon Lagos right away.

As for Beaf and his sawdust head, I wonder what Mr. Transformation is accomplishing with all the time he is spending in Abuja.

Bunch of jobless blokes.

Lol! Aregbe luv'n Koru - the unbalanced one!
When Aregbe isn't in Lagos, he is slapping the innocent in the State of Osun!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/552979_anti-slap_jpg50ae71a522ed4f3c3955d7be43a13e6c[/img]
Re: d by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 15, 2012
koruji: As I mentioned the other day, the program to build 170 new schools has commenced,
Where please, I'll be happy if you can tell me where, or are you talking about the prototype (salvation army nursery & primary school, Osogbo) whose construction has started since Oct last year and it's yet to be completed. About the meal you mentioned, students were eaten when Oyinlola was there now.
Re: d by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 15, 2012
koruji: as well as major road building projects.
where? Pls where are you, I can dedicate a day so that you can show me around, maybe I've not been travelling around the state of recent.
Re: d by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 15, 2012
If my achievements as a governor is so enormous (as his people here use to claim) I won't even remember to count O'yes (a programm I did 100 days in office) when people are asking for my achievements after almost 2 years. OYES: A programm where 20,000 youths (O'level, NCE, ND, HND, B,sc) are empowered with #10,000 per month since a year+ ago.

2 Likes

Re: d by Umartins1(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2012
koruji: Liar, and son of a liar.

pls bro, do you live in Osun? For better arguement, one needs to argue with the right person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC To Give Igbos Chance To Produce Nigeria's President In 2023 --- Oyegun / Jonathan Put Nigeria’s Economy In Women’s Hands –patience / New Video Of Nigerian & Chad Military Men Killing Boko Haram In Battle Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.