Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me (10252 Views)

Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators / Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 2:45am On Oct 04, 2011
[size=14pt]AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me[/size]

[size=14pt]QUESTION: You are running a government in Osun and at the same time having an eye on Lagos State. Your opponents are asking why can’t you devote your attention to Osun?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me. I am in Osun now, who are the people you see here? Lagos people! Let us not deceive ourselves and do not allow misdirected and irrational people to deceive all of us, because nature is not artificial, it is natural; it cannot be manipulated. Therefore; how can a man operate in a state for close to 30 years and just because he has been here since November 26, 2010 he will have nothing to do with that area. Is it naturally possible? Is it possible for a man to live in a place for 30 years, and then relocate to a place for just about 10 months and severe all relationships with where he had stayed for 30 years? It does not follow logic. Those who are peddling this think if they continue it, it would attract some sympathy for them, here again they have failed. Our people are reasonable; they understand the fact of life. If my 30 years seem far-fetched, let us look at what is obvious, I came into public limelight in Lagos with my appointment as Commissioner for Works in 1999, one thing that cannot be mistaken is that you cannot attain that height in any political setting without sufficient network at the grassroots; which means I must have had grassroots network before I emerged as a commissioner. Let us just put that at 5 years of work, and 12 years of service; that is 17 years of serious political work, where will the people in my network go?

[size=14pt]QUESTION: But where does that leave the people of Osun State that you govern? Are they not being short-changed?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Are they complaining? Does it in any way affect our operation in the state? It would be an issue if the presence of visiting Lagos people here affects my effectiveness as a governor, honestly it might be an issue. But the truth is that the state had not had it this good in recent past. I work 18 hours in a day. The last government closed from office 12noon every day. So, how can you compare us? I have organised myself so well that as I am large in Lagos, I am larger in Osun. Something has proved it beyond reasonable doubt, I have Alimosho in Lagos, we won, the opposition had no answer to us; and when we went for the rally, our strength again was shown by the turnout, and when I spoke there, the whole world knew that there was somebody here. To further demonstrate that Alimosho was not a fluke, we won all the seats contested in Osun State. We give the glory to God. President Jonathan won everywhere, but when he got here, he met a brick wall. We gave Nuhu Ribadu the state.
[size=14pt]
QUESTION: Is it your long association with Lagos that has made you introduce a seemingly strange model of government to the state, a model where the Chief of Staff has more powers than the SSG, a model whereby you as the governor also holds on to the Works portfolio?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Let me tell you, we make some mistakes because of our attachment to convention and I want to beg you, you will help us and your generation by always attempting to go into the etymology of everything, don’t just take it as they present themselves. Go to the root, we introduced the office of chief of staff in the entire country and we understood what that office is. Go to Wikipediea, chief of staff is almost the governor, he controls the office of the governor; you cannot have chief of staff and have any other operation outside what we have given out there, but because those who copy this thing didn’t know anything, they didn’t seek knowledge, they just operated blindly. We are operating government as it should be, it has nothing to do with individual, it is simply a question of how government must be. Don’t believe me, search for knowledge. There is nothing Lagos about it, it is about if you are executive, what is the format, the chief of staff takes responsibility for the governor, in fact for the governorate including the deputy governor. We understood what we wanted for our administration and we structured it the way we want and it’s giving us the result that we want and you will see the impact. Our governance will totally be unconventional. Let me tell you one that has not even happened in Lagos, we created a Bureau of Communication and Strategy; no government has ever had anything like that. The best that was had was a Chief Press Secretary.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 2:49am On Oct 04, 2011
Here is a governor that doesn't live in his state, but prefers to leave in Lagos and run govt by email and telephone! embarassed
Rather than spend time developing his state, he wastes their time by bankrolling politics in Lagos and his is Tinubu's tool to disturb Fashola's good work in Lagos. Imagine hime even going so far as to dictate who should be commissioners in Lagos when he had none himself for almost a year after coming to power; he just couldn't be arsed with his own responsibilities.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by aljharem3: 2:51am On Oct 04, 2011
Kudos Aregbesola

Beaf I hope you have no problem with this because this is the third time u are bring out this articule.

Rochas visits lagos as well regularly and is trying to infulence the politics of the place and so those Amosun and others

why pick out aregbesola

although Aregbesola should not concentrate his energy on lagos too much, which he is not doing so carry on.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by aljharem3: 2:55am On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

Here is a governor that doesn't live in his state, but prefers to leave in Lagos and run govt by email and telephone! embarassed
Rather than spend time developing his state, he wastes their time by bankrolling politics in Lagos and his is Tinubu's tool to disturb Fashola's good work in Lagos. Imagine hime even going so far as to dictate who should be commissioners in Lagos when he had none himself for almost a year after coming to power; he just couldn't be arsed with his own responsibilities.

he was part of lagos politics before going to osun

ACN won all SW states apart from LP in ondo

do u expect him to leave lagos politics for good !!!

do you know that other politicals from ondo, lagos etc influence osun politics as well

WHY are you making it ur headache ??
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 2:58am On Oct 04, 2011
alj_harem:

Kudos Aregbesola

Beaf I hope you have no problem with this because this is the third time u are bring out this articule.

Rochas visits lagos as well regularly and is trying to infulence the politics of the place and so those Amosun and others

why pick out aregbesola

although Aregbesola should not concentrate his energy on lagos too much, which he is not doing so carry on.

What do you mean the 3rd time? This article was only published 10 hours ago, check by clicking the link. Why are you sweating?
The issue of Aregbesola being active in Lagos politics while abandoning his home state is one that is exercising minds across the country, and that is why the question keeps popping up.

How can a governor be that lackadaisical and irresponsible? Has Fashola ever asked for his help?
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by aljharem3: 3:05am On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

What do you mean the 3rd time? This article was only published 10 hours ago, check by clicking the link. Why are you sweating?
The issue of Aregbesola being active in Lagos politics while abandoning his home state is one that is exercising minds across the country, and that is why the question keeps popping up.

How can a governor be that lackadaisical and irresponsible? Has Fashola ever asked for his help?
Beaf does fashola need to ask for help before others can help him achieve a better country ?

Was it not Rochas that provided free schools in the north and SW states for people ? That is a good heart and the north and SW governors did not ask for help but he did it.

We need to be critical here. ACN won 5 out of 6 SW states, do you not think it is best for all 5 governors + ondo to make plans for the region.

which ever way they do it, whether by political integration or so it is needed.

After 4-8 years then we can judge but now, I don't think you can say anything because PDP is worse.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 3:14am On Oct 04, 2011
^
Kindly name one governor that is living in another state, bankrolling their politics, while paying his own state workers only a fraction of their wages by bank draft?
If he can't pay his own workers, what is he doing spending money in Lagos politics?
Aregbesola is bloody useless.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by aljharem3: 3:20am On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

^
Kindly name one governor that is living in another state, bankrolling their politics, while paying his own state workers only a fraction of their wages by bank draft?
If he can't pay his own workers, what is he doing spending money in Lagos politics?
Aregbesola is bloody useless.

Can't think of any now but as I said, it is a regional thing and is no more about imaginary boundaries ie states

That beaf I can not answer, as I said before on this forum, all this political parties are the same in my eyes. I believe he should be able to pay the workers the minimum wage.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 5:10am On Oct 04, 2011
alj_harem:

Can't think of any now but as I said, it is a regional thing and is no more about imaginary boundaries ie states

That beaf I can not answer, as I said before on this forum, all this political parties are the same in my eyes. I believe he should be able to pay the workers the minimum wage.

Lolz. Fair enough.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by koruji(m): 5:45am On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf lies with impunity where Aregbesola is concerned. He has settled the minimum wage issue in Osun State - the workers called off the strike already.

alj_harem:

Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 6:37am On Oct 04, 2011
koruji:

Beaf lies with impunity where Aregbesola is concerned. He has settled the minimum wage issue in Osun State - the workers called off the strike already.

My guy, words are cheap, but facts never lie.

[size=14pt]Osun workers reject removal of allowances, salary payment with bank draft[/size]
From MUTIU GANIYU,OSOGBO
Monday, October 03, 2011

Frantic efforts are being made by the Osun State Government to end the simmering crisis over the removal of allowances from Osun State workers’ salary and payment of the August salary with bank draft.

The over 14,000 workers, who ended a five -week strike over minimum wage on August 5 were shocked when Governor Rauf Aregbesola insisted on paying their August salary with bank draft and allegedly removed the allowances on the salary.

Daily Sun gathered that when the news of the government’s decision filtered into the workers, most of them thought it was a rumour and decided to wait for the government’s circular. The chairmen of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC),Alhaji Saka Adesiyan and his Trade Union Congress counterpart, Mr. Dele Adetunji, however confirmed the government’s intention.

Adesiyan said: “We thought it was a rumour as we hoped that the government should have learnt its lesson on not to deny workers what is due to them. However,we soon got authentic information that the government wasmaintaining that all allowances had been consolidated and August salary would be paid with bank draft.”
The chairmen and other labour leaders swung into action and told government to brace up for another round of crisis if it went ahead with the plans.

The unions started mobilizing workers through meetings and issuance of bulletins,assuring workers that the union would not allow government to trample on their rights.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/oct/03/national-03-10-2011-008.html
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by koruji(m): 6:40am On Oct 04, 2011
No, faxes never stay lie around.

Beaf:

My guy, words are cheap, but facts never lie.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2011
Aregbesola should hhave renovated 10 primary schools with 934m,

Appointed a murderer as commisioner.

This is what a fellow Deltan had to say about BEAFs governor

ojdollars:

My brothers and Sisters here on this Thread. Don't mind that guy called Mr.Beaf or whatever is His name. All they know is how to insult people on Nairaland and try to prove they are intelligent but posting nonsense.

Let me give you a break down of Uduaghan's Govt. Uduaghan is just a wicked Native Doctor, he is not a full fleshy Deltan. He is from part of Edo State (Ishan) to be precise. His hand is behind the set up of James Ibori and others, he is a conning man. I tell you my brother, if Gov James Ibori was giving a chance for Third term. Delta State wouldn't not have been able to be compared to some other states as it is now.

1, All the roads in Warri are in a total bad state.
2, All the roads connecting to Abraka - Great Ogboru Town, is in a bad state.
3, Uduaghan has only succeeded in awarding contract to his wife, concubines and his own company (Himself) which is called Arch Engineering or so, all the contracts that is still left to be awarded. They do bad roads, no light, no development, uses Agbero Boys to beat Okada Riders, because they are and will never to be in support of his Govt, so he collects 20naira from them everyday, for Okada riders.

4, they have spent Billions of Naira on Warri Stadium, and yet is still in a bad state, no improvement at all.
5, His only project right now in the State, is to demolish illegal structures and cause problems, hardship for people. Uduaghan, is the most heartless and wicked Occultic Gov have ever seen since the history of Delta State and other states too. Uduaghan doesn't care about how people feel in the State, there is no development, that you can really fished out in this Govt of Udughan.

This Uduaghan is a Devil himself, in fact, some of his Family members, live close to us, but no significant change in their life, they are just there, he is turning Delta State to the west, where the rich keep getting rich and poor people keep getting poorer. Beaf or whatever you call yourself, if you work with Uduaghan, pass this message to him, that, His end is near. The bible says in Prov 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord - The Lord is the only ruler of princes. He alone can govern and direct their counsels. God will kill him very very soon.

And now he has succeeded to buy the likes of this before Men Of God in the State.

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor
Bishop AWOMAKPA or whatever his name is. And many others. I am not poor, neither am I suffering, but there are people dying everyday in Delta State because of Poverty. All the things we had enjoyed today, was done by our own loving Son, brother, father, uncle : Chief James Onanefe Ibori. If Ibori was around, he would never have allowed Uduaghan to rule this State like this. He is heartless and wicked, he act like a mini god, he act like a king that thinks he makes his decisions on he own and do whatever he feels he likes.

My In-law was just appointed a commissioner, and that wouldn't make me support Uduaghan's Govt, full with corruption. I live in Warri and have lived for years. So all I am saying now might be nonsense, but it's the reality of what's happening in the States. That 933 Million, is another way they have arrange, set outside to loot this Delta State funds. I am sure that, once the youth gets tired of this type of life, they would do something about it, definitely. Night all
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by dayokanu(m): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2011
Another one says this

blink182:

Beaf, God have mercy on your soul. You ought to be tied to the stake and shot till dead. Remember its good to have money and the nice things of life but while you are it remember we will all give account before our creator. You had better change your ways before its too late. A young promising man like you, just take a look at your life. Is this the reason God gave you good health and a sound mind? You should be ashamed of yourself. Despite the fact I do not need the govt for anything, the impoverishment I see around me daily gives me a broken heart. Chief Boloko and senator brume never thought of their end to come abruptly but today, they must give account and they can not reverse their deeds. Beaf change while you still can. or anything, [size=18pt]the impoverishment I see around me daily gives me a broken heart[/size]. Chief Boloko and senator brume never thought of their end to come abruptly but today, they must give account and they can not reverse their deeds. Beaf change while you still can.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 6:48am On Oct 04, 2011
Lol!

I couldn't give a gnats arse about Uduaghan. Fact is you sorry folk are trying very hard to dodge the topic of this thread. You will fail.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by dayokanu(m): 6:58am On Oct 04, 2011
[size=18pt]Can you believe this?

Beaf doesnt give a gnat arse about his own State, He doesnt care about his own people, cousins, family etc But he cares so much about people of Osun State who are hundreds of Kilometers away[/size]
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by ektbear: 7:02am On Oct 04, 2011
Yorubaland is Yorubaland.

As Aregbe points out, these boundaries/divisions are artificial anyway.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Yorubaland is Yorubaland.

As Aregbe points out, these boundaries/divisions are artificial anyway.

Would that be the excuse he has for disturbing Fashola and abandoning his own people?
When he didn't have commissioners after 9 months in office, he was engaging himself in battles with Fashola over who should be commissioners in Lagos.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by ektbear: 7:09am On Oct 04, 2011
He isn't really answerable to you. If his people complain or have a problem, then we shall call him to order.

And by "we", I don't even mean Osun people alone. That is another arbitrary boundary. I am more closely related blood-wise and language-wise to Aregbesola than even many Osun State indigenes, heh. Despite being from the neighboring state.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by ektbear: 7:12am On Oct 04, 2011
In a nutshell, it is not a good look when a man has more interest in a state/governor he has absolutely no stake in or connection to and shows zero interest in his own state and governor.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

He isn't really answerable to you. If his people complain or have a problem, then we shall call him to order.

And by "we", I don't even mean Osun people alone. That is another arbitrary boundary. I am more closely related blood-wise and language-wise to Aregbesola than even many Osun State indigenes, heh. Despite being from the neighboring state.

I am very sure you missed both articles pasted on this page. His people are already quite bitter, its only the NL bell ringers that are trying in vain to put a sheen on total and incredible mediocrity.

My eyes are firmly locked on AregbeRASCAL. Mediocrity MUST be uprooted.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Gbawe: 8:14am On Oct 04, 2011
@Ekt bear and Dayokanu.

Beaf, in case you have not noticed, is a Yoruba wannabe . Just check his signature. Despite not being from the region, he talks about SW issues 24/7 often speaking Yoruba while, self-admittedly, he has no time for his own State and the behaviour of her governor. Is it not the same as many , worldwide, are American wannabes always to be found talking about American issue in practised Yankee accent? Go to Ghanaweb.com to note they cannot go a day without talking about Nigerians, however trivial the topic, while most Nigerians don't even notice them. We all know what they say regarding those who talk about others always ala unrequited love. Wannabes jati-jati.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Demdem(m): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2011
grin grin grin grin

Accursed and his unsubstantiated lies. U go wound ooo. grin grin grin
As long as governance isnt affected in Osun and the electorate arent complaining, am ok with this. All reasonable Nigerians should encourage this. This is the kind of togetherness we all desire.
grin grin
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by arsenefc: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2011
Gbawe:

@Ekt bear and Dayokanu.

Beaf, in case you have not noticed, is a Yoruba wannabe . Just check his signature. Despite not being from the region, he talks about SW issues 24/7 often speaking Yoruba while, self-admittedly, he has no time for his own State and the behaviour of her governor. Is it not the same as many , worldwide, are American wannabes always to be found talking about American issue in practised Yankee accent? Go to Ghanaweb.com to note they cannot go a day without talking about Nigerians, however trivial the topic, while most Nigerians don't even notice them. We all know what they say regarding those who talk about others always ala unrequited love. Wannabes jati-jati.

Very petty. Ignoring the message, attacking the messenger. This does nothing to change the issues. This only shows people who you really are.  Arent you the same person always quick to bring up argumentum ad hominem whenever people attack your person? Isnt it hypocritical of you to be doing it now against Beaf, whose only crime is that he brought up a very valid point to be discussed, and here you are going to town on his "cooked up" negative characteristics. You cry blue murder when people talk about your corrupt uncle and how he has robbed the masses blind with his incompetence and association with Tinubu. Dont throw stones, if you live in a glass house they say.

The Osun government under Aregbesola,  the avatar of liberal hope for at least when Oyin and his PDP goons were in government, has become hopelessly undemocratic, expensive, unfocused, poisoned by corruption and structurally snarled by in-party divisions and nepotism. The government, as Beaf convincingly describes it over the past few weeks, is not only expensive, "bloated" and all the rest. It has become a handmaid to the newest corporate power in town, Athiefnubu Company of Nigeria. The State house in Osogbo has become  a hiring hall from which close allies from Lagos are selected  and imposed on Osun residents for vastly lucrative government jobs, as well as an emergency cash reserve for Emperor Thifnubu's many known and unknown fronts

Beaf has raised a very valid point. Just address it. Aregbesola is one of the many things wrong with ACN. The elevation of money over substance. Aregbesola won the election in Osun  in part because he was on ACN, but mostly due to the fact that the judgement that brought him to power was BROUGHT by Tinubu with dirty money. The source of which we all know too well.

No one knew who Aregbe was in Osun before he contested for governorship. And he won after JUST ONE TRY. AFTER JUST WON TRY. He defeated Omisore, the shon of the shoil and Ooni's favorite, and Akande, a one time Military Governor of Lagos. How is that possible?

Anyway, Beaf has raised a good point, he needs to focus on Osun issues 24/7. Actually, Osun should be on his mind 25/7/366. He is now at the helm in Osun, let him leave Alimosho alone for the natives of Alimosho. Osun people want his undiverted attention. Let him face is phocking business and stay in Osogbo instead of junketing around the world for no obvious reason or gain.

It is becoming clearer by the day that the people's  faith in ACN's ability to better their lives is misplaced.  The role of the so called "NL progressives and intellectuals" should not be to uphold or defend the incompetence  and flagrancy and impunity and sense of entitlement of Aregbesola/ACN,  but to speak to it, drastically, rationally, and decisively. But then again, that would be too much to ask from someone with his hand inside the cookie jar, but boldly looks up at you, firmly stating that his hand is in his pocket, not the jar.

Fashola has got Lagos, let Aregbe take care of business in Osun.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2011
^
Don't mind them, when they are caught pants down, they resort to ethnic bigotry and crudity.
I guess they are deeply ashamed of what their party has produced after all that "progressives" nonsense before the elections.

Look at the clown that is Aregbesola, how can a governor live in another state? Its never happened before in the country. And its not just that, he is fully involved in Lagos politics as well, with all the heavy costs involved. Just a couple of days ago, he was looking to borrow 50billion from the World Bank to fund his OYES programme, which is essentially youth cutting grass. Where in the World does anyone fund lawn mowing with 50billion? I can bet that every last penny of that money will be spent on Lagos states politics, but Oshun people will pay. Of course, Osun workers have not been paid either; they only got a fraction of their pay by bank draft.

Really saddening.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Gbawe: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2011
arsenefc:

Very petty. Ignoring the message, attacking the messenger.

Arsenefc , Aka Methefag Mitofag, stop wasting your time . I know you are obsessed with following me around but I don't have time for you . Your defense of Beaf only stems from your obdurate desire to gain attention by automatically siding with anyone opposing Gbawe - however nonsensical their view point. Beaf is no "messenger" and you have been here (albeit under many aliases deceitfully ) to know so. He is a totally discredited poster only you, and perhaps certain NL bigots, will speak in favour of in your haste to always square up. 

You don't see how strange and unhealthy it is that Beaf has a constant hard-on for SW issues while his State of origin is currently very troubled . Does that make sense to you ? I.e a chap from Delta personally starting up to 5 threads a day on Aregbesola and the SW while he does not have the time or focus for occurrences in his own State. Do you see me failing to talk about issues concerning  Lagos and Ogun (the two States I am affiliated with) while I focus , 24/7, on Abia State? My guy, find a job to do and stop obsessing about challenging Gbawe as if that is now your motivation in life. Don't become a wannabe like Beaf . Move on and start viewing issues objectively. Beaf , for too many reasons, deserves the way he is viewed and talked of . I did not just decide he is a total wannabe today. Look above to see that it is the same Beaf , from delta State, you defend that made it clear he does not care about Udaughan. Yet he follows Aregbesola around 24/7 and generally focuses on SW affairs . If that is not the conduct of a classic wannabe then you need to get a refund from those who taught you how to think.

I couldn't give a gnats arse about Uduaghan.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by arsenefc: 10:22am On Oct 04, 2011

[size=18pt]And by "we", I don't even mean Osun people alone. That is another arbitrary boundary. I am more closely related blood-wise and language-wise to Aregbesola than even many Osun State indigenes, heh. Despite being from the neighboring state.[/size]

Seriousness aside. I think the is the funniest ish I have ever come across on NL. People just like to drop names shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Anyway, success they say has many fathers, sons, relatives. Funny how the same person is connected to Fayemi, Aregbesola, Tinubu, OBJ, met Soyinka, had dinner with Amosun, phocks Awolowo's wife, wrote Bola Ige's biography, had intellectual discussions with many VIPs.      .        .      hmmmmmmmmm

Funny as hell. Me too, I am more closely related to Obama, blood-wise, skin color-wise, language wise, height wise, shoe  size wise and missionary position wise ( we phock the same way),  than even many Kenyans.  grin

That said, anyone interested in taking ugly-looking Aregbesola to their state in AMERICA, Sorry Ekiti, is free to do so.

I rest my case!!!
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by ektbear: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2011
Err. Lol.

There is no namedropping. I don't know the guy personally at all.

I'm making a statement about history, sub-ethnicity and migration, not about even me or him personally as individuals.

Wait a second. . .you grew up in Ife right? I'm a bit surprised, heh. I thought you'd know more about your neighbors in Ijesha than that.

Anyway, I won't say any more. I'd suggest you look a bit into the history of your neighbors, especially where some of them migrated to. Once you do that you'll see that my statement is 100% correct.

And here I was thinking you'd be someone who knows Yoruba history very well.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Gbawe: 10:49am On Oct 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Err. Lol.

There is no namedropping. I don't know the guy personally at all.

I'm making a statement about history, sub-ethnicity and migration, not about even me or him personally as individuals.

Wait a second. . .you grew up in Ife right? I'm a bit surprised, heh. I thought you'd know more about your neighbors in Ijesha than that.

Anyway, I won't say any more. I'd suggest you look a bit into the history of your neighbors, especially where some of them migrated to. Once you do that you'll see that my statement is 100% correct.

And here I was thinking you'd be someone who knows Yoruba history very well.

That much is obvious to those committed to reading what others have written objectively. Alas, same cannot be said for Fstranger, Zstranger, Wizardofoz, methefag mitofag, Arsenefc, etc, etc, etc.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by Beaf: 10:50am On Oct 04, 2011
Gbawe:

Arsenefc , Aka Methefag Mitofag, stop wasting your time . I know you are obsessed with following me around but I don't have time for you . Your defense of Beaf only stems from your obdurate desire to gain attention by automatically siding with anyone opposing Gbawe - however nonsensical their view point. Beaf is no "messenger" and you have been here (albeit under many aliases deceitfully ) to know so. He is a totally discredited poster only you, and perhaps certain NL bigots, will speak in favour of in your haste to always square up.  

You don't see how strange and unhealthy it is that Beaf has a constant hard-on for SW issues while his State of origin is currently very troubled . Does that make sense to you ? I.e a chap from Delta personally starting up to 5 threads a day on Aregbesola and the SW while he does not have the time or focus for occurrences in his own State. Do you see me failing to talk about issues concerning  Lagos and Ogun (the two States I am affiliated with) while I focus , 24/7, on Abia State? My guy, find a job to do and stop obsessing about challenging Gbawe as if that is now your motivation in life. Don't become a wannabe like Beaf . Move on and start viewing issues objectively. Beaf , for too many reasons, deserves the way he is viewed and talked of . I did not just decide he is a total wannabe today. Look above to see that it is the same Beaf , from delta State, you defend that made it clear he does not care about Udaughan. Yet he follows Aregbesola around 24/7 and generally focuses on SW affairs . If that is not the conduct of a classic wannabe then you need to get a refund from those who taught you how to think.

Let it pain you so much that you dodge the issue. Lol!
Dude, Uduaghan is your average Nigerian governor that sort of chugs along from day to day. There's nothing to follow about him. . . Aregbesola on the other hand? Phucking hell!!!!! grin
Where can one find another governor that can break his unusual records:

1. Governing Osun by email, while cooling off in Lagos.
2. Talking grand quixotisms and making nebulous speeches that are as psychedelic as magic mushrooms. Thats pure entertainment boy!
3. Spending enough estacode galivanting the World to pay Osun workers that he refuses to pay
4. Borrowing 50billion to cut grass
5. Planning to build roads in Lagos and Ogun
6. Living in Lagos and disturbing Fashola
7. Spending Oshun states money on Lagos politics
8. Spending only 3 days a month in Oshun (the rest in Lagos and abroad)
9. Imposing commissioners on Fashola when strangely, 9 months after coming into power himself, he had exactly ZERO. embarassed
10. Declaring that his routine employment of people to cut grass was successful govt policy. . . Cutting grass?

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic for the people of Osun. Should I continue, cos books can be written?
Dude, instead of crying your eyes out that Beaf is focused on him, why not make yourself useful and beg him to go back home from Lagos? cry
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by ektbear: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2011
Fstranger.

Bola Ige who you seem to be a big fan of.

Do you even know anything about the man's town?

Hehe.

Man! And here I was thinking that you who claim to be more Yoruba than others would know these things  grin

The language spoken in his hometown is more similar to that spoken in mine than it is in yours. Men from my part of Ekiti have taken kingship in Ijeshaland. That should be enough to tell you how closely related we are on that border.

I am 100% stating fact when I say that I am more closely connected to Aregbesola by blood and by language than most in Osun State.

The same is even more true of your Bola Ige.
Re: Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me by ektbear: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2011
Fstranger, did you grow up in Osun State at all? grin

Or did you spend all your time in Lagos when you lived in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually / Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 / Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.