Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,204 members, 7,957,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen (12231 Views)

Modern Kitchen / Made in Nigeria Ultra modern Kitchen Furnitures / In Need Of A Modern 4 Bed Bungalow Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
I visited a friend's house recently with a couple of friends. They just moved into their own house.

I got attracted to the style of her kitchen.lol

The kitchen is directly linked to the living room and its designed in an open. Way. Of course, there is heat extractor and other things in place.

Though I love it and wouldn't mind such. But can a typical Nigerian cope with such?
Ok. What happened is that we all ransacked her kitchen teasing her that she lives in a modern house.lol cheesy

Well, her hubby loves it that way too.

Building your house, can u design your kitchen dat way? considering the 'open door' culture we have here.

2. Means the kitchen has to be tidy 24/7

3. Means u have to have enough grubs for ppl like me when we come visiting. grin
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by kay9(m): 9:18am On Jun 16, 2012
Not a bad idea; me sef na kitchen terrorist, chop dis nut, nibble dat nibblet. cheesy Whenever i'm ready to build my house, i'll design it meself.
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2012
Lol. U will design it yaself and put the kitchen right at the middle of the living room. grin

Btw, can this thread be moved to Family section before it dies a horrible death. sad

Somebody, anybody, pluuuueeeezzzzzeeeee
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by kay9(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
^^^Naa the kitchen'll be where it oughta be - an arm's throw from the living room. What i'm going to put in the living room is a jacuzzi, scarface-style. Then i'ma soak in all day, drinking cocktails and spewing corny lines like ''Who put this sh!!t together? Me! That's who.'' grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
jacuzzi hun? I bet u would have arrived then: lol
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by kay9(m): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2012
Yes yes. For now we're working on moving the ministry to the permanent site. wink

1 Like

Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Murphy7h4: 8:32am On Jun 18, 2012
Good job! cool
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by blank(f): 11:19am On Jun 18, 2012
Open kitchen, hmmm. It sounds scary.
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by kay9(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
^^ scary? Well, ja, if u dont know how to cook! grin
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 12:03am On Jun 19, 2012
blank: Open kitchen, hmmm. It sounds scary.

thatz it. Ur kitchen open for all to see
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 12:06am On Jun 19, 2012
kay9: ^^ scary? Well, ja, if u dont know how to cook! grin

it's not just about knowing how to cook na ;P
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Murphy7h4: 6:56am On Jun 19, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]very nice!
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by kay9(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2012
Tgirl4real:

it's not just about knowing how to cook na ;P
Uhh, so what is it? Showing off your cutlery?
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by blank(f): 8:08am On Jun 19, 2012
kay9:

My kitchen is my personal space. I don't know how i will feel sharing it with so many people. I don't want people walking about my kitchen and opening cupboards and just generally being a pest when i am in the kitchen. Also, u can't cook half naked if people are going to be seeing u. grin

1 Like

Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2012
kay9:

hehehe.... Partly!

It's actually about people being in ur space. Gerrritttt? cheesy
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 9:00am On Jun 19, 2012
blank:

My kitchen is my personal space. I don't know how i will feel sharing it with so many people. I don't want people walking about my kitchen and opening cupboards and just generally being a pest when i am in the kitchen. Also, u can't cook half naked if people are going to be seeing u. grin

u got it right. I guess it's our mentality
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2012
Murphy7h4:
very nice!

what are u on about?
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by kay9(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2012
blank:

All this ''my space'' ish, well different strokes i guess but it so reminds me of whats-her-name in Tyler Perry's Madea Goes To Jail who wanted some ''me-time''... grin
U could always throw on an extra layer when u have folks around na.
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 11:50am On Jun 23, 2012
kay9:
U could always throw on an extra layer when u have folks around na.

Ehn, datz d discomfort na grin
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
What a nice topic.

Let me dream a little. grin

My ideal kitchen.

Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by spyder880(m): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Which village is this poster from ? Thats how normal duplexes are built, nnah na wa o

Can you show us some plans, of duplexes with kitchen in the living room please?
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Rocktation(f): 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: .

Are you sure you understand what they're talking here? How many duplexes have kitchen stands and all right in the middle of the living area?

@POSTER--I think it'd be disgusting. With ogbono, crayfish, pestle, ladle and all flying about. That should be for whites alone. You know all they need do is cookie and dough, and they'd be good to go.
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2012
Rocktation:

Are you sure you understand what they're talking here? How many duplexes have kitchen stands and all right in the middle of the living area?

@POSTER--I think it'd be disgusting. With ogbono, crayfish, pestle, laddle and all flying about. That should be for whites alone. You know all they need do is cookie and dough, and they'd be good to go.
Depends on you girl, my kitchen and that of the people in my estates are state of the art with heat extractors and sit directly to sitting area, dining and bars, but no need not say it here cos many critics will call u names and stuff...am out of here
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by dasparrow: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2012
rokiatu: What a nice topic.

My ideal kitchen.

That is my ideal kitchen though just a bit smaller. I have seen some really nice kitchen designs at houzz.com Once I start my building project God willing, I know exactly what I will be aiming at when it comes to kitchen, bathroom and living room designs.

1 Like

Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
rokiatu: What a nice topic.

My ideal kitchen.

Wow! Thatz some space cheesy
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Pakavy(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
this topic don pass my level
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2012
dasparrow:

That is my ideal kitchen though just a bit smaller. I have seen some really nice kitchen designs at houzz.com Once I start my building project God willing, I know exactly what I will be aiming at when it comes to kitchen, bathroom and living room designs.
They come in built in modern homes, you just have to go for inspections and chose the best house. I got something similar to that although not massive, but its great with bluetooth speakers and mp3/mp4 players fixed to walls even to the fence, one need not have an entertainment center cos there are buttons on the wall, like calculator to control player from every room, other features are computerised master keys in form magnetic swipe cards to for access to the rooms...all are combo to modern houses.....its lovely.

1 Like

Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Rocktation(f): 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Depends on you girl, my kitchen and that of the people in my estates are state of the art with heat extractors and sit directly to sitting area, dining and bars, but no need not say it here cos many critics will call u names and stuff...am out of here

No, don't be just yet. Believe me when I say that I know what you're talking about. Isn't that the design that's in vogue in Nigeria now? Apartments with kitchens facing the living area directly, is absolutely different from the ones with kitchen spaces right in the middle of the living rooms.
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
Rocktation:

No, don't be just yet. Believe me when I say that I know what you're talking about. Isn't that the design that's in vogue in Nigeria now? Apartments with kitchens facing the living area directly, is absolutely different from the ones with kitchen spaces right in the middle of the living rooms.
I know what you are saying, but centralized kitchen are now in vogue with latest architectural designs. Its the latest thing in building designs. There were times ground floors, say 5 BD used to have a room downstairs apart from kitchen. but recently, designers take it to next level, kitchen, sitting area down and the rooms on first floor and penthouse. .its beautiful.
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Tgirl4real(f): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Depends on you girl, my kitchen and that of the people in my estates are state of the art with heat extractors and sit directly to sitting area, dining and bars, but no need not say it here cos many critics will call u names and stuff...am out of here

No one is calling u names, u started d name calling.

Secondly, no one says it's strange having a kitchen in d living room. We are all catching fun. All u need do is get down from ur high horse and enjoy some humour.
Re: Your Idea Of A Modern Kitchen by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
Tgirl4real:

No one is calling u names, u started d name calling.

Secondly, no one says it's strange having a kitchen in d living room. We are all catching fun. All u need do is get down from ur high horse and enjoy some humour.
You can agree with me that one hardly make a honest assertion on this forum without having to run off after a dosage of insult.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DIY: Project Management/Supervision Of Commercial Development [ogbomosho] / Okun Mopo:Another Nairaland Lekki BeachView Hidden Treasure / To Let: 3 Bedroom Flat 3t/b Tiled All in Adegbayi ibadan With Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.