Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here (46872 Views)

Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria / Can Engineers Become Chartered Accountants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Why is this place so dry? shocked shocked
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by kasheemawo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
hayoakins: Why is this place so dry? shocked shocked
i wonder too
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by twinkling(f): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls any information about the new study packs,I'm even afraid to write this Nov diet,any update pls?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 5:04am On Jul 26, 2014
twinkling: Pls any information about the new study packs,I'm even afraid to write this Nov diet,any update pls?

Nothing yet.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by tohirah(f): 9:32am On Jul 26, 2014
Jenkoja: Preparing for application stage, but i am so afraid because just discover a spirit of laziness in me. Any advice for me? I am with my AAT, ND, and about to finish my degree. Just last semester

I guess I'm not alone in terms of the laziness. The new syllabus dey scare me sef. Still hoping I would write november diet
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 27, 2014
helllooo.... pls i ll be going for ma service dis november n i wanna strt ma ican classes den. pls does anyone know if dere re ican centres in akwaibom. i need answers please
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by missnigeria: 9:11am On Jul 30, 2014
PLS WHEN AND HOW DO WE GET THE NEW ICAN PACK SO AS TO PREPARE FOR NOV DIET OR IS THERE ANY PACK I CAN USE TO PREPARE FOR THE EXAM.URGENT PLS.THANKS
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by sokus(m): 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
hayoakins, did u clear all the papers in your last diet. i want to know whether i should follow your advice. thanks
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
sokus: hayoakins, did u clear all the papers in your last diet. i want to know whether i should follow your advice. thanks

You may decide to accept my advice or otherwise, just like corporate governance principles, it is not a binding LAW rather an advice. undecided

You think ICAN is about Efiwe abi book nerd, I reserve my comment
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2014
How do I et the new ican study packs for november diet?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by opeyemmmy(m): 7:14am On Aug 03, 2014
Hi guys, you can now check your updated Exam/Financial status. It reflects the new syllabus and corresponding exam fees.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 03, 2014
opeyemmmy: Hi guys, you can now check your updated Exam/Financial status. It reflects the new syllabus and corresponding exam fees.
have done that,but how do we get the new packs
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by bloglover(m): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
I need an accounting internship Job in Lagos to further brush up my skills and put them use to achieve Personal, Interpersonal and Organizational goals. Please contact me if you have something for me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by joeCFA: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Are you a Student member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria(ICAN) in dare need of relevant materials tailored to some of the courses in the New syllabus;we the right materials for you.This material contains interactive video lecture produced by the LONDON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE and a class notes with some practice questions therein.
If you are in dare need send mail to accamaster@yahoo.com or call 07034586186

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by lugoeke(m): 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Please house, where do I locate a good ICAN centre here in Portharcourt, anyone?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Jenkoja(m): 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Please Help o, before
ican will give me
hypertension o,
Going inline with the
new syllabus, if you
are coming with AAT,
you are to move to
application stage upon
paying the exemption
fee. Now checking my
financial status all i met
there was KNOWLEDGE
STage with MI AND QTB
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2014
Jenkoja: Please Help o, before
ican will give me
hypertension o,
Going inline with the
new syllabus, if you
are coming with AAT,
you are to move to
application stage upon
paying the exemption
fee. Now checking my
there was KNOWLEDGE
STage with MI AND QTB

send an email to studentsaffairs@ican.org.ng
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by bloglover(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2014
Seriously, I need an accounting internship Job in Lagos to
further brush up my skills and put them use to
achieve Personal, Interpersonal and Organizational
goals. Please contact me if you have something for
me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by oluwalowibe: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
Please I nEed the material for new syllabus. Esp performance management and financial accounting
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 07, 2014
To make your dream of being a chartered accountant come to life, you need the utmost best lectures you can ever possibly get and that is why we have launched IcanLectures.com.ng to make your dreams come to life in record time.
Regards from the Team.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 07, 2014
To make your dream of being a chartered accountant come to life, you need the utmost best lectures you can ever possibly get and that is why we have launched IcanLectures.com.ng to make your dreams come to life in record time.

Regards from the Team
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by felai: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
Jenkoja: Please Help o, before
ican will give me
hypertension o,
Going inline with the
new syllabus, if you
are coming with AAT,
you are to move to
application stage upon
paying the exemption
fee. Now checking my
there was KNOWLEDGE
STage with MI AND QTB

Pls anyone wt similar issue and what's the way out?
I want to know which level am to start preparing for.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 11:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
felai:

Pls anyone wt similar issue and what's the way out?
I want to know which level am to start preparing for.
Have you applied and confirmed your exemption status?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by felai: 10:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Yes, Its been confirmed, was supposed to write BCRM last may diet but decided not to.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2014
felai: Yes, Its been confirmed, was supposed to write BCRM last may diet but decided not to.

You may need to email studentaffairs to ensure it is corrected. Below is a friend's status, he was supposed to write BCRM which he didn't write but the profile was updated accordingly.

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by PastorAji(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good evening house
I'm an HND graduate of Banking & Finance and I'm interested to have ACA.
I would like to know the process of registration, the cost, the stage/possible exemption, how to get the materials for study

Thanks... Counting on your response
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
PastorAji: Good evening house
I'm an HND graduate of Banking & Finance and I'm interested to have ACA.
I would like to know the process of registration, the cost, the stage/possible exemption, how to get the materials for study

Thanks... Counting on your response

B.Sc./HND Banking and Finance will be exempted from 2 foundation level papers i.e.
 A1. Quantitative Techniques in Business
 A2. Business and Finance

For exemption fee, check http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=43

APPROVED QUALIFICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION

In order to register as a student with the Institute, an applicant must hold a
qualification not below University degree or its equivalent.

The Council has accepted the following qualifications for the purpose of entry requirements:
The degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic
accredited by the Council.
(b) Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.

Approved meanwhile are:
(i) The final examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and
Administrators
(ii) The final examination of the former Corporation of Secretaries.
(iii) The final examination of the Association of International Accountants
(iv) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
(v) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers
i) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
(vi) The final examination of the Association of Accounting Technicians,
U.K.
(vii) The final examination of the Association of National Accountants of
Nigeria (ANAN)
(viii) Executive Management Accountancy (Federal Treasury Training
School, Stage III)
(ix) The final examination of Accounting Technicians Scheme, West Africa
(ATSWA).

WHAT TO DO
(1). OBTAIN PIN VOUCHER FROM ZENITH/FIDELITY BANK WITH N7,000
(2) USE THE INFORMATION ON THE PIN VOUCHER TO LOG-ON ICAN WEBSITE.
(3) CLICK ON TO STUDENTS' PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION AND FILL YOUR DATA ON THE FORM.
(4) OBTAIN A COLOURED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH OF YOURSELF. SCAN THE PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH ON THE FORM.
(5) CLICK TWICE ON SUBMITS TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ON-LINE.
(6) PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM
(7) APPEND YOUR SIGNATURE
(cool GET A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AS YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR.
(9) PROVIDE HIS/HER MEMBERSHIP NUMBER, NAME AND PHONE NUMBER.
(10) TAKE THE PRINTED COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND THE PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR CREDENTIALS TO YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR FOR CERTIFICATION.
(11) STUDENTS USING AAT RESULT SHOULD PAY N23,500 BEING THE COST OF INDUCTION/CONFERENCE AND ATTACH THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE RECEIPT TO THE FORM.
(12) ATTACH THE FOLLOWING:

1. ORIGINAL COPY OF THE PIN VOUCHER
2. TWO COPIES OF CERTIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
3. THREE SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPES WITH N50. STAMP AFFIXED ON EACH OF THEM.
4. ORIGINAL COPY OF THE BANK TELLER.

NOTE:
IF YOU ARE USING TRANSCRIPT IN PLACE OF NYSC, SUCH TRANSCRIPT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF THE INSTITUTE.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED UNTIL AFTER TWO YEARS OF REGISTRATION.

Contact professionalexams@ican.org.ng for Further Enquiry

About ICAN

Mission and History
Leadership
Governance
Management Team
Past Presidents
2013 Annual Report & Financial Statements
ICAN Affiliates & Websites

International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA)
Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA)
Journals & Newsletters
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by WHOSEMAN(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
I have HND in civil engineering, Please advice wch one should I go for btw ACCA n ICAN
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
WHOSEMAN: I have HND in civil engineering, Please advice wch one should I go for btw ACCA n ICAN

Your academic background is irrelevant since Accounting has become so useless that any graduate can pursue thanks to some people persons.

ICAN vs ACCA: It depends on your financial capacity and prospect as ICAN is not accepted in some countries.

Cheers.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by WHOSEMAN(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
hayoakins:

Your academic background is irrelevant since Accounting has become so useless that any graduate can pursue thanks to some people persons.

ICAN vs ACCA: It depends on your financial capacity and prospect as ICAN is not accepted in some countries.

Cheers.
Can u pls gv an insight into d costs
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
WHOSEMAN:
Can u pls gv an insight into d costs

Initial registration £79
Subscription £81

ACCA QUALIFICATION FEES
Knowledge: F1, F2 and F3 £69

Skills: F4, F5, F6, F7, F8 and F9 £87

Professional:
P1, P2 and P3 (and any two
from P4, P5, P6 and P7) £100

Surf http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=21 for ICAN's fees

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering / Jamila Malafa, The First Northern Female General Appointed By The Nigerian Navy / 101 Ways To Be Self-employed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.