Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

$3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody (13537 Views)

Senator Ndume Defeats Ahmed Lawan In Mock Election For Senate Leader / Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by benjy4uy2k: 9:22am On Jun 15, 2012
Too bad for the lawmaker,but 2 my own opinion the commettee recommendation has 2 b looked into,bribe or no bribe Otedola has to go down first
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2012
dis contiri is in a penkele mess! embarassed
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by malc619(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2012
I can bet my bottle of Schnapp on this:
NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO FACROOK D SON OF LAWAN
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by AnotherOkija: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2012
benjy4uy2k: Too bad for the lawmaker,but 2 my own opinion the commettee recommendation has 2 b looked into,bribe or no bribe Otedola has to go down first

why?

he exposed this despite having nothing to do with it
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by benjy4uy2k: 9:31am On Jun 15, 2012
too bad for the lawmaker but my own opinion is that d commettee reeport has to be looked into,Otedola must go down first.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by EmperorLuke: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2012
One time powerful Lawal now about to be captured by Southern Nigerian power brokers and through southern tricks.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Castos(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2012
The same thing will happen, charged to court, lots of not guilty, many brain watshing and lies from lawyers, upto 10yrs adjurnment, later everything dies down! Then you stay in your house and blaaab your filty opinions. NAIJA abeg behave like people wey know the koko.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by seyigiggle: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2012
did he went there with the money in question?
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Nuzo1(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2012
valicious1: My dear farouk, be not afraid, cases of embezzelment, bribery & corruption, looting of public funds, attracts no jail terms for bigwigs like you in Nigeria. angry angry
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Dtwoabbey(m): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2012
valicious1: My dear farouk, be not afraid, cases of embezzelment, bribery & corruption, looting of public funds, attracts no jail terms for bigwigs like you in Nigeria. angry angry
I wonder o. Iya obo obasanjo bello nko?, bank ole dtwo nko? Where is alibutton case today? Infact, it's only God who can fight d battle for us oooooo. Crooks are many in this nation.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by conyema12(m): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2012
omicron: Hmmm, let's see if Nigeria has changed. Otherwise he gets interrogated today and then ultimately, he gets prosecuted.....and that's the end! The obituary!!! And then someday somewhere somehow one Farcrook will assume one obscure political office like that. I can't remember any public servant who has gone to prisone in Nigeria since 1999. Let justice be done.

Bode George,
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by oiseworld: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Sooo wetin be your own - after all the Subsidy probe was not to penalize wrong-doers but a FACT-Finding Mission grin grin grin

can you see the thief in farouk. Just a fact finding mission and he enriched him self richly, what if it had been a to penalize wrong doing then farouk would be one of the richest nigerian by now.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by emmyitodo: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2012
wolves in sheep clothing
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by gbadexy(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2012
I still can't believe the man's stupidity, resorting to blackmail and even going personally to otedola's house. I guess he grew over confident.
The man must be very greedy not trusting a proxy to collect money for him,pressuring otedola for balance on phone and demanding he fly the remaining balance via plane.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by oiseworld: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2012
Castos: The same thing will happen, charged to court, lots of not guilty, many brain watshing and lies from lawyers, upto 10yrs adjurnment, later everything dies down! Then you stay in your house and blaaab your filty opinions. NAIJA abeg behave like people wey know the koko.

its for lack of evidence that cases are been ajorned that long. This would be different i tell you. Farook has already dusted his ghana must go. Ready and shining to KIRIKIRI
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Castos(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2012
gbadexy: I still can't believe the man's stupidity, resorting to blackmail and even going personally to otedola's house. I guess he grew over confident.
The man must be very greedy not trusting a proxy to collect money for him,pressuring otedola for balance on phone and demanding he fly the remaining balance via plane.
I didn't hear this news, or a new confession he made?
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by spyder880(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2012
seyigiggle: did he went there with the money in question?

How can he collect it back from bureu de change operators?
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by banmaster(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2012
naija dem don start again, dem wan tell us say baba isale(OBJ) no no abt this !
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Castos(m): 9:52am On Jun 15, 2012
oiseworld:

its for lack of evidence that cases are been ajorned that long. This would be different i tell you. Farook has already dusted his ghana must go. Ready and shining to KIRIKIRI
grin
oiseworld:

HEHEHEHEHEHE! But how sure are your that he'd be prosecuted in this corrupt nation. Because i thought so on Iya abo obasanjo, and Bankole's case too. Farouk gat many backbones, believe me.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by omicron(m): 9:56am On Jun 15, 2012
informatix:

Ole Bode George was errornously sent to prison. judge mistakenly called him ola bode George during the trial. but he later protested that his name is Ole Bode George. Judgement was later reversed for name error Ole Bode george regain his freedom.
okay then. Let justice be done this time
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by temilolu(f): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2012
WHY are our nigerian leaders not contended.every one goes there with the mentality that he must chop.too bad .if this is true,I wish he be dealt with accordingly and not just the usual drama they do for the masses so dat others will learn
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Cheggoon(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2012
Law maker.....is now the law breaker.....!
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by omicron(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2012
conyema12:

Bode George,
okay.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by lacasa: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2012
Naija is Surely a 4kd up country.

Now, the subsidy scam is no more the critical issue, its whether Farouk Lawan collected money from Otedola or not.

Well, now i Know Ɣ we r the way we are

Mere donkeys in human body, mtcheeu!!!
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by stevenosa(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2012
This is becoming very interesting. How can you send MONDAY OSUNBOR to go and search and arrest LAWRENCE ANINI? The result will be PADY-PADY issue now. If this man is not sent to jail - at least 45 years, then the Justice system in this country should be overlooked by all and then, we should all do whatever we like as Nigerian. They too are Nigerians that should not be ABOVE the laws of the land.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by jaybee(f): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2012
wesley80: Thanks for showing up Farouk, a simple confession will do.

supported.

Confess
Return the money
Get a lighter sentence
Resign from National Assembly
Go to jail
Come out reformed
Do other things with your 12 years loot
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by edicolove: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2012
lacasa: Naija is Surely a 4kd up country.

Now, the subsidy scam is no more the critical issue, its whether Farouk Lawan collected money from Otedola or not.

Well, now i Know Ɣ we r the way we are

Mere donkeys in human body, mtcheeu!!!

What subsidy scam? How are you sure there was even a subsidy scam now, with this revelation? Is this not a confirmation of what you have been told by the Petroleum minister, Sanusi, Iweala and co? Yet you choose to believe those who told you sensational rumours and insulted those telling you the truth. You lot really deserve to suffer.

God has finally sent someone to change the country for good but you lot are fighting that change. As obvious as it is that the North are not happy that GEJ is there and are doing everything to frustrate him, you lot have become foot soldiers for this Northern conspiracy to make the country ungovernable. You will continue to suffer as long as you have chosen to believe a lie.

The northern leaders/rulers ruined this country over a 40 year period and yet you come here and insult GEJ who has made so much progress in just a year in office. Shame on you!
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Guapo(m): 10:23am On Jun 15, 2012
May Day! May Day!

Farouk is going to Jail

Subsidy control tower do u koffy(copy)
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by ugbebor(m): 10:23am On Jun 15, 2012
Farouk Lawan,landed himself into trouble because of GREED,The Government used Otedola to capture Lawan, why, because President Jonathan is not comfrtbale that the man that finance his election was been trouble by Lawan, so with this matter now in the mind of Nigeria, the implementation of fuel subsidy is now a thing of the past.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by jaybee(f): 10:25am On Jun 15, 2012
stevenosa: This is becoming very interesting. How can you send MONDAY OSUNBOR to go and search and arrest LAWRENCE ANINI? The result will be PADY-PADY issue now. If this man is not sent to jail - at least 45 years, then the Justice system in this country should be overlooked by all and then, we should all do whatever we like as Nigerian. They too are Nigerians that should not be ABOVE the laws of the land.

If this man is not sent to jail - at least 45 years, then the Justice system in this country should be overlooked by all

does the law books prescribes 'jail - at least 45 years' for demanding bribe? or you are just enacting your own law? grin grin
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Willy7(m): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2012
Relaxing and about to watch episode 4 of d grammy award winning movie for the yr.Viewer discretion still adviced though.Pls pass me d popcorn and kai kai.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by jaybee(f): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2012
ugbebor: Farouk Lawan,landed himself into trouble because of GREED,The Government used Otedola to capture Lawan, why, because President Jonathan is not comfrtbale that the man that finance his election was been trouble by Lawan, so with this matter now in the mind of Nigeria, the implementation of fuel subsidy is now a thing of the past.

[size=16pt]oh greed! oh greed!!
[/size]

speechless tongue embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peace Corps: "We Only Lobbied Senators, We Didn’t Bribe Them" / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Not Ripe For Youth President - MKO Abiola’s Son / Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.