Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,113 members, 7,867,211 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:24 PM

Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? (1036 Views)

The Difference Between Men And Women ( Hilarious Photos) / Feminists you are wrong - Nature Never Intended Equality Between Men And Women / Do Guys Like This Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2012
Hello All,
I have observed and read quite a few posts on NL and find a number of them quite intriguing..however what always appears to be top of the agenda is the notion that men should constantly provide for their women folk..and men on the other hand having a more balanced viewpoint-i.e more of an equal imput into the relationship (Financially)..So can men and women be seen as equals if men are expected to be sole providers?

PS:This is my first post here so I am just breaking the ice..no pun intended..So pls no insults or un-inteligent responses!

Thanks and regards to All!

Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Dyt(f): 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hello Dyt..the first of many I hope!
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
My post..is based on general view points..I have read..I welcome your comments though..it's an open forum... smiley
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
An hey am not wet behind the ears..I don't take any of the posts seriously..only people without a life do that!cheesy
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Dyt(f): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
i v actually nt stepped on ur toes
watch out
i hp u stay same way sha
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
I never suggested you did..and I don't need to watch out..perhaps you do!
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
I don't believe men should be sole providers.
I believe gender equality is possible.
And lastly, i don't believe being a sole provider financially makes you any more superior.
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by RealBitch(f): 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2012
Its not possible because even some learned men still have chauvnistic tendencies
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
I guess the point am tryna make here is..if women crave equality..why are they so willing to take a back seat when it comes to financial issues?..Or are there pre-conditions?
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
I am merely stating the obvious..equality means exactly that..equal in every sense..not just when it suits!
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by queensmith: 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
ICEMAN01: Hello All,
I have observed and read quite a few posts on NL and find a number of them quite intriguing..however what always appears to be top of the agenda is the notion that men should constantly provide for their women folk..and men on the other hand having a more balanced viewpoint-i.e more of an equal imput into the relationship (Financially)..So can men and women be seen as equals if men are expected to be sole providers?

PS:This is my first post here so I am just breaking the ice..no pun intended..So pls no insults or un-inteligent responses!

equality is inevitable- it's just going to take some time. Times are very different now to before. Even in Africa where they maintain a mysogynistic culture women are getting into higher positions, higher rankings and setting greater standards.
It will soon be the wish of everywoman to have an equal chance to make money in the workplace, to advocate for womens rights, to maintain her own financial stability, to own her own properties and to be less dependant on men.

Its true alot of women (even educated ones) do have views that men should be the sole providers at home, and i guess when they go into relationships each person understands what is expected of them (ie the guy doesnt mind working and the girl staying at home with the kids). At the same time there are women who will not sacrifce their careers for anything, you just need to get a partner that shares the same views as you.

Meanwhile, i saw a pregnant woman waddling on the bus today, i was busy staring at her. It cannot be an easy thing being pregnant. I respect women that do all that and work at the same time meehn.
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by RealBitch(f): 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
Im worried about these hidden posts!! Wtf is going on
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by queensmith: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
RealBitch: Im worried about these hidden posts!! Wtf is going on

You know when people get drunk on power . . . . grin grin

1 Like

Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
Shollypopz: I don't believe men should be sole providers.
I believe gender equality is possible.
And lastly, i don't believe being a sole provider financially makes you any more superior.

I'm all for gender equality - but you're being dishonest if you think it's possible when women pick and choose when they want to be equal to men... Gender equality can only be possible, if it's practiced across the board..
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Mynd44: 3:32am On Jun 16, 2012
What's with all these hidden posts nah
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
In Nigeria??!!!
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by MrCork17: 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
ICEMAN01: Hello All,

Iceman. Bro is that your Graduation picture?? undecided
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
LOL, Mr. Cork, gerrout.
Re: Equality Between Men And Women in Nigeria..is This Really Possibe? by ICEMAN01(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mr..Cork:

Iceman. Bro is that your Graduation picture?? undecided
Graduation ke?.I was at a wedding when I took that Pic..smiley

(1) (Reply)

Five Good Things N Five Bad Things You Ve Done Τ̅☺ A̶̲̥̅̊ Lady Or Man? / Nigerian Girls No Point Of Sleeping Around If You Are From A Good Background / What Would U Do If Your 19- Yr Old Daughter Falls In Love With A 65-yr Old Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.