Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano (9081 Views)

Boko Haram Strikes Again In Adamawa, Burns Down Military Artillery / Nigerian Military Artillery Used For The Presidential Inauguration (photos) / Sporadic Gunshots At Daleko, Isolo Road (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by scopusng(m): 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
By AbdulSalam Muhammad, Kano

KANO – Heavy artilery fire and sporadic gunshot around Naibawa and Darmunawa area of Kano over the last couple of hours have forced residents to remain indoors.

Witnesses say the first shot was heard around 3.25am and had since then gained intensity in the affected areas. Vanguard gathered that parents who were initially unaware of the situation in the area have besieged several schools to pick up their children.

The Kona Masalchi area where two students of Federal Government College, Kano were killed on Monday have been cordoned off, while motorists passing the strategic Kano-Zaria federal highways are been diverted.

Banks, public and private businesses are hurriedly closing shop as Military apache helicopter were seen hovering the skyline of the embattled ancient city.

When contacted , JTF spokesman, Lt Ikediche Iweha told Vanguard that the JTF will soon speak to the press on the development.

Details later.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-news-artillery-fire-sporadic-gunshot-in-kano/
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Pukkah: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is serious!
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Jakumo(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
It is unlikely that artillery is being used within a Nigerian town, even though that is happening daily in Syria, where a civil war has commenced.

Most likely RPG grenade rounds are being exchanged between the military and the terrorists in Kano, and that would generate some really loud, concussive booms.

3 Likes

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Tyche(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
* Awaiting JTF response *
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
scopusng: By AbdulSalam Muhammad, Kano

KANO – Heavy artilery fire and sporadic gunshot around Naibawa and Darmunawa area of Kano over the last couple of hours have forced residents to remain indoors.

Witnesses say the first shot was heard around 3.25am and had since then gained intensity in the affected areas. Vanguard gathered that parents who were initially unaware of the situation in the area have besieged several schools to pick up their children.

The Kona Masalchi area where two students of Federal Government College, Kano were killed on Monday have been cordoned off, while motorists passing the strategic Kano-Zaria federal highways are been diverted.

Banks, public and private businesses are hurriedly closing shop as Military apache helicopter[color=#990000][/color] were seen hovering the skyline of the embattled ancient city.

When contacted , JTF spokesman, Lt Ikediche Iweha told Vanguard that the JTF will soon speak to the press on the development.

Details later.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-news-artillery-fire-sporadic-gunshot-in-kano/
Apache?? shocked shocked shocked Nigerian Army
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Odunnu: 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
Lord!
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by alienvirus: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
any president in this country?
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by worm(f): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
Wow! unbelievable. I am in Kano right now but i only know about this "breaking news" on nairaland. Sporadic gunshots (may be) because JTF usually raid the suspects houses in the night, but 'Artillery Fire' in Kano? NO.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
femojie:
Apache?? shocked shocked shocked Nigerian Army
I think he meant the Mi-28s
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Orikinla(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
Small, small, na so uncivil war dey start o.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ismhab(m): 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
alienvirus: any president in this country?
NIGERIA IS A FAILED COUNTRY, LIKE SOMALI.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by DeSheikh(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2012
Jakumo: It is unlikely that artillery is being used within a Nigerian town, even though that is happening daily in Syria, where a civil war has commenced.

Most likely RPG grenade rounds are being exchanged between the military and the terrorists in Kano, and that would generate some really loud, concussive booms.
yes u r right. the recent danbare attack was very close to my house and men!!! the noise was deafening!!!! i believe they are using RPGs.

worm: Wow! unbelievable. I am in Kano right now but i only know about this "breaking news" on nairaland. Sporadic gunshots (may be) because JTF usually raid the suspects houses in the night, but 'Artillery Fire' in Kano? NO.

I'm in Kano too. my wife (she left the house before me) called a while ago to alert me of the development. but we are still awaiting details.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ismhab(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
Viewing this topic: RURIE, lafile
(m), OshioksTeebaby,
02A02A02(m), Tayeni, al-ahamad
(m), Firearm(m), seun awo(m),
MarioHeaven(m), Shokaergabriel
(m), rawtruth(m), taigee,
bohboh275(m), teeo(m),
sheyguy, Joeblis(m), ismhab(m),
Babzilla, crusifis(m), Omexonomy,
Freestyl(m), Gbemmyxal, Tisa,
blackrussian(m), la Capri,
wordychap and 59 guest(s)
WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE VIEWING OR ARE U BOKO HARAM MEMBERS.

1 Like

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by norrisman: 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
scopusng: By AbdulSalam Muhammad, Kano

Banks, public and private businesses are hurriedly closing shop as Military apache helicopter were seen hovering the skyline of the embattled ancient city.

Details later.

Who dash monkey banana? Na yam!

The reporter probably wrote this report after watching a bit of CNN's coverage of the war in Afghanistan and remembered hearing Apache helicopter

1 Like

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ismhab(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
Viewing this topic: RURIE, lafile
(m), OshioksTeebaby,
bohboh275(m), teeo(m),

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Omexonomy: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
what sort of kwesion is this. Next time ask who is ar the sponsors of the terorist. I hope no innocent person will be involve
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Omexonomy: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
ismhab: Viewing this topic: RURIE, lafile
(m), OshioksTeebaby,
bohboh275(m), teeo(m),

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT THIER SPONSOR.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by rawtruth(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
worm: Wow! unbelievable. I am in Kano right now but i only know about this "breaking news" on nairaland. Sporadic gunshots (may be) because JTF usually raid the suspects houses in the night, but 'Artillery Fire' in Kano? NO.

Don't confuse anyone who might really want to know what's going there; someone just sent a message to a friend that his eardrums are paining him because of the boom! boom! and pau!Pau! that have been going since 3 am near his house in kano. By the way, Kano is a big city so just because you don't know what's happening in another part it's not happening at all.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
Chei!!
My dear country, NIGERIA.
I weep for d innocent souls in dat area..
Dis doesn't sound good.
cry cry cry
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ismhab(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
Omexonomy:
I HOPE YOU ARE NOT THIER SPONSOR.
I AM.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by princeFAD: 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
[quote author=ismhab]
I AM.[/quote
You are hereby arrested for sponsoring terrorism.You are to remain static where you are now till security officials catch up with you
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Ayokunle07(m): 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
Omexonomy:
what sort of kwesion is this. Next time ask who is ar the sponsors of the terorist. I hope no innocent person will be involve
I really hope no innnocent person (who has never torched a church or joined in the killing of southerners during any of their crazy riots) will be involved.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by worm(f): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
rawtruth:

Don't confuse anyone who might really want to know what's going there; someone just sent a message to a friend that his eardrums are paining him because of the boom! boom! and pau!Pau! that have been going since 3 am near his house in kano. By the way, Kano is a big city so just because you don't know what's happening in another part it's not happening at all.

^
Did you see anywhere in my post stating it never happened? 'boom' 'boom' can come from grenades or even a big gun. The reporter even mentioned "Military apache helicopter" to polish his report. Do you know what Artillery or military apache helicopter is?
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by waja(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
They should allow our corpers to return ooh!
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Andrew3(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
why are people supprised? you think the nigerian dont have an apache helicopter?
I lived all my life in ojo cantonment and i see about 3 if you dont know.

see pic of an apache copter

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by fesse(f): 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2012

say that thing that is on your mind....ewu mpam
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
NA deployed artillery in an urban area? Very unlikely. I want a conventional war. I dare those imbeciles to become symmetrical threats so we can use other army units against them and rout them.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by worm(f): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
::Andrew:::
why are people supprised? you think the nigerian dont have an apache helicopter?

Yes we know what apache helicopter is and the thing hovering around kano is not an apache helicopter.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
When Farouk took bribe, we accuse GEJ of maniuplating, until the truth unveil in our eyes today, now back to terrorism, we are accusing President of messing up his own presidency ? Until you empty heads think right and apportion blames to who started this whole imbroglio, then, welcome to Ayatola republic of Northern Nigeria.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
If the artillery news is true, then nigeria is f u c ked! Or has someone declare a war? God help me and my love ones. I don't want riot, not to talk of war
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by doofanc: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2012

i'm also in kano @ d moment (Sabon Gari) & everything looks calm.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
::Andrew:::

Young man, Nigeria does not have an apache.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa / Buhari Leading In Akwa Ibom State / Here Is The Much Awaited List .....Now Everybody Can Rest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.