Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano (9023 Views)

Boko Haram Strikes Again In Adamawa, Burns Down Military Artillery / Nigerian Military Artillery Used For The Presidential Inauguration (photos) / Sporadic Gunshots At Daleko, Isolo Road (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by rawtruth(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
worm:

^
Did you see anywhere in my post stating it never happened? 'boom' 'boom' can come from grenades or even a big gun. The reporter even mentioned "Military apache helicopter" to polish his report. Do you know what Artillery or military apache helicopter is?

Well, you ended with "Kano? No". At least, that is capable of being interpreted as "it did not happen in kano". So don't blame me for making that comment.

And, I have seen Apache helicopters and read newspaper reports or articles where Artillery have been mentioned. Maybe I'm lucky that I haven't been near any place where Artillery has been fired, so I have no idea what it does, and I don't wish to have such an idea. Brief history of 'Apache': it's the name of an Indian tribe found mainly in the US, Mexico and a few South American countries, known for bravery in warfare (In those days), so, I have answered your question. But don't tell me an apache military helicopter flying over a section of kano city must be seen or heard by everyone in that huge town, because the reporter didn't say it fired any shot.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by idupaul: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
::Andrew:::
why are people supprised? you think the nigerian dont have an apache helicopter?
I lived all my life in ojo cantonment and i see about 3 if you dont know.

see pic of an apache copter

I wonder what kind of person you are? You are clearly ignorant about what an apache helicopter is and U still have the balls to come here and even post a pic of what u have never seen in that ur ojo contonement ... Dude U need prayers oo
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
Babzilla:

Young man, Nigeria does not have an apache.
u ar da.mned so sure nigeria does not have an apache! I wonder what ur position is n nigerian army.

1 Like

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by jmaine: 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
What does it take to own an Apache Copter . . .and how are we so sure we don't have one . . .Na wao for men ooh!
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by lacasa: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ know, i αv nuttn against the FG but, haba, wat is happening in Nigeria just doesn't make sense at all.

Wat kind of insurgency is BokoHaram †ђªt has no day of subsiding bt rather gaining ground

Wen the USA was attacked on its own soil, it vowed †ђªt it wld be the last of its kind - the security was further advanced, counter terrorism units were opened aπϑ trained τ̅o not only defend bt pursue terrorism outside the shores of the USA n environs.

Infact, the policy was neutralize the threat b4 it gets operational.

in Nigeria, its a confusing situation. The FG is making the whole situation more confusing τ̅o the peole every other day.

Today, they will say BH are within the govt, seecurity etc bt no arrests, no investigations, nothing has followed this statements from the President himself

Tomorrow, the NSA will say the problem emanated from the ruling party, yet no strategy is put in place τ̅o analyse this, no culprits within †ђªt party have bn pointed out, Nothing.

All this govt has done is τ̅o deploy soldiers n set up task force after task force with no clear plan nor tactic τ̅o bring this menace τ̅o an end bt all we see is nigerians, soldiers, dieing everyother day of the week.

Furthermore, because of political favouritism, the President is finding it difficult τ̅o declare complete state of emergency in the troubled states such as Borno, kano, yobe, adamawa, jos n kaduna states respectively. Let the civilian governors be suspended aπϑ the military will take over the entire affairs of these states, all insurgents should be hunted aπϑ arrested, all borders be strictly patrolled ​ so​ †ђªt no spill over τ̅o other states will be possible aπϑ when the insurgency has been weakened τ̅o a satisfactory level, the major sponsors identified aπϑ tried for their crimes against Nigeria, then we can αv piece of mind τ̅o live in our fatherland without fear.

Bt, GEJ seems τ̅o be unable τ̅o be tough, is it D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ he is afraid of this bokoharam sponsors?

Does he enjoy the senseless murders

Or is it †ђªt he himself has an underlying hand in all this As John Okah revealed τ̅o the world

Well, all i know is †ђªt this BokoHaram thing is something †ђªt one cannot comprehend easily aπϑ as each day progresses and more blood is spilt, Nemesis will surely catch up with whoever is involved in this madness.

God is not sleeping.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by idupaul: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
cogitoErgo:
u ar da.mned so sure nigeria does not have an apache! I wonder what ur position is n nigerian army.

I wonder what kind of people Africa is breeding ? Must he be a General to know that Nigerian Army does not own any AH 64 Apache helicopter .. The Nigerian Army does not even have an aviation unit .. They receive airlift and air support from the Airforce and th Airforce does not have an Apache.

users. Of Ah 64
United States Army
Israel Air Force
Egyptian Air Force
Royal Netherlands Air Force
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Reference(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
femojie:
Apache?? shocked shocked shocked Nigerian Army

Don't mind them, they enjoy sensationalism. If artillery pieces are being used in town and apache helicopters above then its certainly not the Nigerian Armed Forces cos the smallest piece they have is a 105 and I can't see anyone in his right mind unleashing that thing within 8 miles without very very serious collateral damage. And Apache's, hmm maybe na NATO invasion.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by doublej1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
See what i call diversion of attention. Fuel subsidy bribery to artillery.see diversion of attention!!!!!
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by jmaine: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
double j1: See what i call diversion of attention. Fuel subsidy bribery to artillery.see diversion of attention!!!!!

Try get small sense . . . sad
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Reference(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
why are people supprised? you think the nigerian dont have an apache helicopter?

Where will you get one to buy. Or you think its like russian arms that you can buy for two a penny at Shoprite. You need a strategic defence pact with the US to get your hands on high tech american toys and am not aware Nigeria has appended any and not that we even qualify to anyway.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by jaybee(f): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2012
worm: Wow! unbelievable. I am in Kano right now but i only know about this "breaking news" on nairaland. Sporadic gunshots (may be) because JTF usually raid the suspects houses in the night, but 'Artillery Fire' in Kano? NO.

is this a failed attempted propaganda? from which quarters?
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Reference(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
double j1: See what i call diversion of attention. Fuel subsidy bribery to artillery.see diversion of attention!!!!!

Oga it is called reality not diversion. When I say you have to solve the structural problem of Nigeria before you can even dream Sweden it appears we are talking bull.

How can you fight corruption with a lopsided federation. Who will do the fighting, BH or NDPVF. In how many countries do you see conflict and accountability existing side by side. If the guvnor of Kano state in the midst of this confusion decides to raid the till who will question him. Who could question Murtala when he went into CBN during the height of the civil war. Could Gowon question him.

If we don't urgently address the national question more resource sapping and corruption masking conflicts will kindle down the line.

It is simple. Conflict and instability has always generated huge gains for a few. Nigerians are experts at that. Until the fuel - social injustice is removed from Nigeria the fires of corruption can NEVER be put out. Corruption is a game of numbers, power and conflict. Empower all Nigerians and corruption will die naturally. Corruption is to Nigerians what narcotics are to black americans. They are both powerless to resist.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Jalal(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
Wats all the hullabaloo abt naija not havn an 'apache helicopter' wat arrant nensense! Naija has over 200 (a) patched helicopers!gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ignis: 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
worm: Wow! unbelievable. I am in Kano right now but i only know about this "breaking news" on nairaland. Sporadic gunshots (may be) because JTF usually raid the suspects houses in the night, but 'Artillery Fire' in Kano? NO.
Am in kano now too. Everybody are running helter skelter because of the shootings. U better go and hide somewhere.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by emsquare(m): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Jakumo: It is unlikely that artillery is being used within a Nigerian town, even though that is happening daily in Syria, where a civil war has commenced.

Most likely RPG grenade rounds are being exchanged between the military and the terrorists in Kano, and that would generate some really loud, concussive booms.

Hmmmm!
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ronkebp(f): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
Na wa!!!! no place is safe on earth anylonger....if it is not boko-haram....it will be bombblast, or plane crash....God help our country....the diaspora is not safe too...people are beginning to feed literally on themselves because of this "bath-salt" usage....help us all!!!!
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Onims1(f): 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
ignis:
Am in kano now too. Everybody are running helter skelter because of the shootings. U better go and hide somewhere.
is it stil goin on?sm1 pls lets knw wat d situation is as of nw...
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by BlueMurder(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
Reference:

Oga it is called reality not diversion. When I say you have to solve the structural problem of Nigeria before you can even dream Sweden it appears we are talking bull.

How can you fight corruption with a lopsided federation. Who will do the fighting, BH or NDPVF. In how many countries do you see conflict and accountability existing side by side. If the guvnor of Kano state in the midst of this confusion decides to raid the till who will question him. Who could question Murtala when he went into CBN during the height of the civil war. Could Gowon question him.

If we don't urgently address the national question more resource sapping and corruption masking conflicts will kindle down the line.

It is simple. Conflict and instability has always generated huge gains for a few. Nigerians are experts at that. Until the fuel - social injustice is removed from Nigeria the fires of corruption can NEVER be put out. Corruption is a game of numbers, power and conflict. Empower all Nigerians and corruption will die naturally. Corruption is to Nigerians what narcotics are to black americans. They are both powerless to resist.

Kindly elucidate the bolded.

Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 16, 2012
cogitoErgo:
Yes I am positive I dont need to be in the military to know that. What we have is the Russian made Mi-24 .
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ocelot2006(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2012
Babzilla:
I think he meant the Mi-28s

We do not have any Mi-28 Havoc helos. Just Mi-24s and Mi-35 Hind Attack helos (Satan's Chariots).
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ocelot2006(m): 9:16am On Jun 16, 2012
And what's this talk about artillery strikes? In a densely populated area? The journalist got it all wrong.
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by BlackBaron: 9:22am On Jun 16, 2012
That article is full of errors. Artillery would be mortars, howitzers, rockets and projectiles.

Nor do we have apaches, our airforce's heli attack inventory only consists of Super pumas, mil24s and 35s
Re: Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano by ocelot2006(m): 9:26am On Jun 16, 2012

Yep, and I have a space shuttle in my garage.

Once again, the NAF does NOT have the AH-64 Apache or Long-bow in it's inventory. We use Mi-24 and 35 Hinds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa / General Aliyu Mohammed “Die-to-rule” Gusau Exposed As Top Boko Haram Sponsor / How P&ID Tried To Scam The Nigerian Government By PoliticsNGR.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.