Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,870 members, 7,862,918 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

Caveat Emptor - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Caveat Emptor (554 Views)

Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! / Caveat Emptor!!! LATEST AUTO-SCAM TECHNIQUE / 01-03 Rav4 Transmission/ecu(ecm) Issues (caveat Emptor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caveat Emptor by godfadda6(m): 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
Something really funny happened to my neighbour and i felt i should share it here, especially about buying used cars.

My neighbour bought a toyota camry 2003 LE from the famous berger market, and as you know niaja people we drink palmie untop the car. The young man thought he had bought a car of his dream not until last week, police CID operatives from Panti to arrest my guy that his car his a stolen car. You should have seen my entire area all men stood up and were asking questions from police. To cut the long story short, we all followed police to Panti. On getting there we saw 3guys that alledged that they sold the car to a dealer in berger and that the car was snatched at gun point in mile 2 area of lagos.

We asked for the deal and how were they sure that it was the car and how did they even know that it was the same car. This is where the story got interesting. The 3guys are a gang of a notorious gang of armed robbers who rob cars along the lagos-badagry express way, their module operandi includes putting nails on the road and outright hijacking of the cars. The guys has stolen the car from a young man like 2months ago and had gone to sell it to the dealer at berger. The dealer got the car and sold it to my neighbour about 3weeks later.

My neighbour as a JJC bought the car in berger, numbered it in berger did all the custom work and papers that was how the car was traced to him. The 3 guys were caught by a tip off/deal gone wrong by the police and investigation lead to someone claiming he imported the car to nigeria, has title, has all the papers from auction I mean he had the whole papers police. That was how they traced the car to my neighbour.

Morale of the story please lets be aware of the cars we buy oh especially used cars, lets make sure we have correct papers because if my neighbour has had correct papers maybe he would have known, and lets not patronise touts when doing all our paper work, thats my own two cent.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz 208d Van For Sale / Registered Range Rover HSE (vouge) 2005 @ N3,750,000.00 Call 08023416552 / 2010 Honda Crosstour AWD **clean** - N6.350m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.