Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:55 AM

Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. (2143 Views)

[Help Request] I Need Your Help With Some Python Programing Questions. / Dumb For My Oca Exam / Why Are Nigerian Programmers So Dumb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by Urine: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is the first time am posting in this section,but I have learnt a lot especially from the programming section. Straight to the point,I have a school project that am working on,its a system that allows people to view items in a database,select any three items they want,and the system randomly chooses one for them,there will also be an admin that has "Super Powers" of updating the database via a User interface. I can do this with Java by connecting to Mysgl through the jconnector and simply calling the methods and designing a frame but want to act of the box by using a web application approach HTML,CSS,Javascript,where i need help is on the server side with Python,please share ideas on how i can go about this. Got interested in Python through the arguments in this section.I have already started reading beginning python by Peter and Norton. So please python gurus,help a brother out.
Re: Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by Picomon(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
You want to build a webapp that will help transform your idea into a reality using python? If that's the case, learn python and its framework django. Django comes with a great admin interface, where you can carry out your work through it. Read django docs www.djangoproject.com it will surely be of great help to you! Almost all what you need are in the docs. Hope it helps. Happy coding.
Re: Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by Seun(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2012
If you're a complete newbie, Django will probably suit you,
although I would recommend CherryPy + HTML4 + CSS2 + MySQL Connector/Py on Python 3.2 (Python 3.3 will be awesome)
Re: Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by 8ightball: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2012
for a python newbie, I would recommend web2py (www.web2py.com). you can move to other bare boned frameworks later.
Re: Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by netghost: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
Urine: This is the first time am posting in this section,but I have learnt a lot especially from the programming section. Straight to the point,I have a school project that am working on,its a system that allows people to view items in a database,select any three items they want,and the system randomly chooses one for them,there will also be an admin that has "Super Powers" of updating the database via a User interface. I can do this with Java by connecting to Mysgl through the jconnector and simply calling the methods and designing a frame but want to act of the box by using a web application approach HTML,CSS,Javascript,where i need help is on the server side with Python,please share ideas on how i can go about this. Got interested in Python through the arguments in this section.I have already started reading beginning python by Peter and Norton. So please python gurus,help a brother out.

start by changing your username
Re: Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by Urine: 2:00am On Dec 01, 2012
Sorry for the late reply and thank you so much for the response,I eventually used JSP to develop the application but I started learning python last week and all these links has been helpful. Once again, thanks!
Re: Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by Urine: 2:02am On Dec 01, 2012
netghost:

start by changing your username
Mate, last time I checked it was still a free world.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Dumb Guy With Some "PYTHON" Ideas. by vichofu(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
@netghost, pls can i get ur contact detail ? Sent u a msg buh didnt get any response......pls i rilly nid u to help me with sum programing tutorials...am based in Lasgidi.......pls dis is my e-mail address vichofu@gmail.com,,,,,,thanx in anticipation

(1) (Reply)

Ccna Certifications / Loan Management Software / This Thread Is For Blockchain Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.