Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn (5743 Views)

Nigeria Earns N2.5trn From Petroleum Products Export In 3 Months / Nigeria Seals N4.5trn Trade Pact With UK / Nigerian Police With Big Stomach- Can He Still Do His Job? See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by SkyBlue1: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
Reference:

I don't think you realise just how much 1.5 trillion is. Are we gunning for a police state. We should be wary of too much resources going into unaccountable hands. The police reform needed should first address the issue of equal access to justice. Absolute pan national neutrality, and not a police force that only responds to the executive and only expedites federal cases.

Why on earth will members of a club contribute to a project for the sole benefit of the chairman. For what. I for one expect the national assembly to resist it if their members are quickly mauled by law enforcement while their executive collaborators are excused. I expect the judiciary to resist it when their judgements are not respected and I expect state assemblies to get their pound of flesh. But will they?

And I don't think you realise just how little 1.5trillion naira (about $10billion) is to reform a decrepit police institution of a country of 150million. Sceptism is understandable but we can't always be negative for the sake of it. What we should be asking for is the details to the plan of reform and also information with regards to sourcing of funds. That is what is important. But I think we can all agree that the police does need reform.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
Vergil: Yp! Witness this moment! This is when they (ur leaders) have now decided enough of stealing/talking in billions. Its time for the new era, of talking/stealing/looting in trillions!!!!! Eeeeha! Biaaatches!

From speaking in thousands to speaking in hundreds of thousands
From that to millions,
.....to hundreds of millions ...to billions....to hundreds of billions....
Now to trillions.........

Soon...hundreds of trillions. Does that sh[i]i[/i]t even exists?? Fucccccck daaamn!

Staaaay tunnned!
yeah,zillions
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Orikinla(m): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
It is good only if the money will not be misappropriated. Just a visit to the Police College and police barracks in Ikeja is enough to show anyone the horrible state of the Nigeria Police Force. How can police officers respect others when they are being disrespected by the terrible state of their police barracks? Many of the dilapidated barracks built decades ago should be demolished and replaced with modern models and the police college should be upgraded like the Nigerian Defence Academy.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by vanstanzy(m): 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
Much as i dont trust n have any love 4 the police n this administration, am willing to give 'em a chance. Lets just give them a chance. If this committee n the money is managed well, we'll all smile. While they are at it, they shouldnt 4get to institute STATE POLICE.
But why cant i stop feeling that this scheme is just a waste of time n money?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by rextermail: 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
They talk abt reform as if na only money be d reform abeg make una tell me how person wey no wear shoe go know where e dey pain. Now back to it b4 they can put money in there let those not qualified 2 be there be sent away like capt Bode wat does he know abt d police did he ever serve with them that's wat I call misplaed portfolio, the IG a man who at one point was indicted by a report which recommended disciplinary action which was never carried or those DIG's who have one case against them. Work on that and ur investment is safe besides its anoda avenue to enrich themselves so let's pray for a Godly leader and we will rejoice not this that only create committee to favour them
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
ballabriggs: BTW this Jona's government is a 'committocracy' i.e Government of committee's, for committee's and by committee's

no its a vowocracy - govt of the vow, by the vow and for the vow
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by jamace(m): 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
byrron: BIGGER THIEVES REFORMING LESSER THIEVES. GOD WHAT VE WE DONE TO YOU TO ALLOW THIS MADNESS TO KEEP REPEATING ITSELF IN NIGERIA,SHEY NA WE SIN PASS FOR THIS WHOLE WORLD? I TIRE O
GBAM!

I believe our leaders are cursed.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by banmaster(m): 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
cigie: these people need reformation na grin

dem dis 1s need to be send to exile not reform
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2012
ceejay80s: Topic should have been: FG TO REFORM THIEVES/ARMED ROBBERS WITH 1.5 TRILLION NAIRA
That's very funny, dude!
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by hassey(m): 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
Pls can sum one tell me ao much ao budget last year was? And ao much is d budget of d country now? Ummmm niger! Our gov‘t no longer mention millions ar billion anymore nw we ar in d era of trillions. God safe us ooo. Hunger wen kill poor man in d country ooo
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by jamace(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
Na wa o. Naija is now a jungle. Mr LION wants to reform Mr CAT for carnivorous activities.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by markessienclone: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
WORDS IN PIC!!!!!!!!!!

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by OperaMini1(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
Pls what will be d sharing formula? What even happened to the Police Equipment Fund?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Freeanijoo(m): 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
I am in total agreement with this reform of a thing, we need it now more than ever. Our police is using old method of operation to takle security issues and there welfare package (junior officer) is so bad that its enough to make them succum to bribe. They need to be upgraded to a world class status just like the SSS and NIA. If this is properly done then bokoharam will have a tough fight to fight.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by TBD(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
another chop chop don come when will all this mess stop in this country?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Spirit96(m): 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
D ONLY SNAG IS DAT WLD THEY HONESTLY EXPEND SUCH A GR8T FUND ON WHAT IT IS MEANT 4? IF THEY EVENTUALLY DO, NPF WLD BE 1 OF D BEST IN AFRICA. THEY'LL BE WELL TRAINED, EQUIPED, KITTED, ACCOMODATED N FUNDED. THAT WILL GO A LONG WAY IN TRANSFORMING THEIR MENTALITY N MINDSET 2WRDS PROPER DELIVERY OF SVCs. THEY SHLD PLS C 2 D SUCCESS OF DIS PROJECT, I FEEL 4 D CONDITN OF D NPF.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by MacLovington(m): 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
Captainajama: @ballabrigs,we should know when someone is actually trying to do a good thing. The police force is long overdue for reform and overhaul,just like PHCN. Take a closer look at this two sectors and you will find out that the magnitude of decay therein s quite overwhelming, GEJ is trying to do what no one has done in the 52 year history of this nation(simply to stop the conduit pipes connected into this sectors from draining us further) let us not be too pessimistic and give this administration a chance.

What will they do? Change uniform again? That's probably as far as they will go and then make noise and do gra gra and that's it.

How can they fix an amount of money without any proper study, analysis, public consultation and recommendation by experts as to what is needed to truly overhaul the police?

How much was spent on roads and PHCN from 1999 till 2011? Any positive results?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 17, 2012
Cool story ..
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by naylove(m): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2012
(sings) And the fraud list goes on.the govt is so dumb. Everlasting
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by naylove(m): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2012
(money) is exactly my problem with Gej and his cohort.even when they have no idea of what they rly wanna do or how to do it.yet they knw how much it will cost them to achieve it.the police needs a massive reorientation and reformation.even though they need money for some of these,its nt solely money dt wil guarantee this.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by marvel10: 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
Thanks @ Mark Essien for making me laugh!! That is so sad but funny at the same time.
I believe that under the new chap (sorry, forgotten his name) who abolished the checkpoints, some good will be done. I noted quite an extensive number of lecturers currently advertised for the Police Training College such as Lecturers only 4 days ago.

http://www./jobs-in-nigeria/?keywords=search+for+a+job&experience=&category=2&bc=0

The Nigerian Police College in Ikeja is an eyesore. It is a national disgrace. I even offered to do up their leisure and sports arena for free cos it is what you see as you drive past. Sadly, the IG doesn't have an email address and I will not run after them. They should be transparent in getting information across. Since they have a budget now, I don't feel bad anymore.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Offers To Help Zimbabwe Conduct Fair Elections / Port Harcourt City Under Wike- Mr Project- PHOTOS / Sanusi Speaks After Dethronement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.