Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn (5738 Views)

Nigeria Earns N2.5trn From Petroleum Products Export In 3 Months / Nigeria Seals N4.5trn Trade Pact With UK / Nigerian Police With Big Stomach- Can He Still Do His Job? See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by koruji(m): 1:36am On Jun 16, 2012
Another $million bribery scandal in the making.

They always come up with how much it will cost before they know what they are going to do.

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/7691-fg-to-reform-police-with-n15trn.html
Written by Leon Usigbe, Abuja Saturday, 16 June 2012

THE Federal Government is set to fund the reform of the Nigeria Police with the sum of N1.5trillion, about 32 per cent of the total amount needed for the programme.

States and Local Governments are expected to provide 28 per cent while the balance has been allocated to the private sector.

Vice President Namadi Sambo, who disclosed this on Friday at the meeting of the committee on the Interim Implementation on the Reform of the Nigeria Police in the State House, Abuja, demanded for a comprehensive plan to enable stakeholders to support the police in areas of need.

He directed the Minister of Police Affairs, Caleb Olubolade and the Acting Inspector General of Police, Abubakar Mohammed, to collaborate with the sub-committee already set up to come up with the actual needs by the police for further action.

The Vice President, who advised that the requirements of each of the state police command be harmonised to ensure that standard was maintained, also spoke on the role of the Civil Defence Corps, noting that the corps should assist the police in its responsibilities.

However, he stressed the need to examine the legal basis for the corps to bear arms.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Yeske2(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2012
Another avenue to embezzle, SMH

2 Likes

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Toktee(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2012
More money to steal,where shall we go from here?

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by ceejay80s(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2012
Topic should have been: FG TO REFORM THIEVES/ARMED ROBBERS WITH 1.5 TRILLION NAIRA

6 Likes

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by kutchs: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2012
Keep shouting and complaining bc u are not one of ‘them‘, nobody will hear u tok once you join them. Abeg no disturb my peace, u all are the same.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by member479760: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2012
Indonesian man sentenced to 30 months in prison for making athiest comments on Facebook
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by philip0906(m): 11:36am On Jun 16, 2012
hehehe. . .more greese to their palms elbows grin grin
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Observer2(m): 11:40am On Jun 16, 2012
Push this story hard and the govt would distance itself from this report and then secretly shares the said funds. Talk of scamming in the highest order.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 16, 2012
Another COMMITTEE that won't yield any good fruit.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by valicious1(m): 11:48am On Jun 16, 2012
SINCE MEN OF THE ANTI ROBBERY SQAD(ARS) FOILED A KIDNAPP ATTEMPT IN MY CHURCH LAST MONTH, I'VE TRUELLY BELIEVED DAT POLICE IS MY FRIEND. They should be shown some love joor! They are trying their best.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by ballabriggs: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2012
Nigerian Police needs more than financial reform. In fact they need Father Mbaka to lay hands on their head one-by-one.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by ballabriggs: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2012
BTW this Jona's government is a 'committocracy' i.e Government of committee's, for committee's and by committee's

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by egift(m): 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
How long are we going to keep suffering in this country? According to the report, the committee is yet to come up with what is to be done, yet the are already throwing the amount at us. How did they conclude on the amount?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Captainajama: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
@ballabrigs,we should know when someone is actually trying to do a good thing. The police force is long overdue for reform and overhaul,just like PHCN. Take a closer look at this two sectors and you will find out that the magnitude of decay therein s quite overwhelming, GEJ is trying to do what no one has done in the 52 year history of this nation(simply to stop the conduit pipes connected into this sectors from draining us further) let us not be too pessimistic and give this administration a chance.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by banmaster(m): 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
i love this tittle :-D:-D

ceejay80s: Topic should have been: FG TO REFORM THIEVES/ARMED ROBBERS WITH 1.5 TRILLION NAIRA
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Reference(m): 12:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
ballabriggs: Nigerian Police needs more than financial reform. In fact they need Father Mbaka to lay hands on their head one-by-one.

Honestly I for de laff if no be say I don tire with this kind news. Money, money, money. Day and night, money. No ideas, money. Before we think and plan, money. The little that goes to states and local governments they want to take back to fuel the ever bloated centre. I think at this point states should say no more. We want to take charge of our own security. If the Federal Government wants central law enforcement they should go to the IMF.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by banmaster(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
Captainajama: @ballabrigs,we should know when someone is actually trying to do a good thing. The police force is long overdue for reform and overhaul,just like PHCN. Take a closer look at this two sectors and you will find out that the magnitude of decay therein s quite overwhelming, GEJ is trying to do what no one has done in the 52 year history of this nation(simply to stop the conduit pipes connected into this sectors from draining us further) let us not be too pessimistic and give this administration a chance.

How long are we going to keep suffering in this country?

u make me fink ure one of them ?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by ekpongmi: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
koruji:
Another $million bribery scandal in the making.

They always come up with how much it will cost before they know what they are going to do. What is the daily contribution at bus stops used for? Can't it pay part of the needed fund?

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Captainajama: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
I am not one of them my brother, but the country has suffered a lot and all this decay we are seeing in character and works Issa a result of years of bad governance and wrong financial dealings. All I am saying is that we should give GEJ a chance to start the gradual change process, if you are to swap positions with him and wage the wars he is waging everyday, you will understand that our pas leaders really sold this nation and took us o the brink of destruction. I have begun to see why his detractors want him to fail........they are not having their way as usual. Think about it analytically,just the way I have done.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by ismhab(m): 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
ceejay80s: Topic should have been: FG TO REFORM THIEVES/ARMED ROBBERS WITH 1.5 TRILLION NAIRA
WITH HOW MUCH WILL THEY REFORMED BOKO HARAM?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Reference(m): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
Captainajama: @ballabrigs,we should know when someone is actually trying to do a good thing. The police force is long overdue for reform and overhaul,just like PHCN. Take a closer look at this two sectors and you will find out that the magnitude of decay therein s quite overwhelming, GEJ is trying to do what no one has done in the 52 year history of this nation(simply to stop the conduit pipes connected into this sectors from draining us further) let us not be too pessimistic and give this administration a chance.

I don't think you realise just how much 1.5 trillion is. Are we gunning for a police state. We should be wary of too much resources going into unaccountable hands. The police reform needed should first address the issue of equal access to justice. Absolute pan national neutrality, and not a police force that only responds to the executive and only expedites federal cases.

Why on earth will members of a club contribute to a project for the sole benefit of the chairman. For what. I for one expect the national assembly to resist it if their members are quickly mauled by law enforcement while their executive collaborators are excused. I expect the judiciary to resist it when their judgements are not respected and I expect state assemblies to get their pound of flesh. But will they?
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by cigie(m): 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
these people need reformation na grin

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by NAJALYN: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
There has been a lot of kill and divide going on in government circle. I hope this money for reforms will not go into private hands again. How is government going to monitor and ensure it doest? And who is going to monitor? Thats the big question.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by OAM4J: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
He directed the Minister of Police Affairs, Caleb Olubolade and the Acting Inspector General of Police, Abubakar Mohammed, to collaborate with the sub-committee already set up to come up with the actual needs by the police for further action.

.... and yet another committee
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
BIGGER THIEVES REFORMING LESSER THIEVES. GOD WHAT VE WE DONE TO YOU TO ALLOW THIS MADNESS TO KEEP REPEATING ITSELF IN NIGERIA,SHEY NA WE SIN PASS FOR THIS WHOLE WORLD? I TIRE O
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by tunapawizzy: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
Chei see money for the boyz.....naija i hail o
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by ebamma(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
this police guys are trying
their best wit the obsolete equipment given to them,and a meagre salary,its high time we gave them a little bit of support.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Sealeddeal(m): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
Reference:

I don't think you realise just how much 1.5 trillion is. Are we gunning for a police state. We should be wary of too much resources going into unaccountable hands. The police reform needed should first address the issue of equal access to justice. Absolute pan national neutrality, and not a police force that only responds to the executive and only expedites federal cases.

Why on earth will members of a club contribute to a project for the sole benefit of the chairman. For what. I for one expect the national assembly to resist it if their members are quickly mauled by law enforcement while their executive collaborators are excused. I expect the judiciary to resist it when their judgements are not respected and I expect state assemblies to get their pound of flesh. But will they?
....Nigeria police need enough money for its reform.what u should be saying is dat it should be taken care of gradually,there are alot of things necessary to fix in nigeria police.in fact,nigeria police is rotten.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by ayobase(m): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
Okay o!
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by goody36: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
Another conduit to siphon our God given financial resources.If only they can be truthful for once,then things will start getting better.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Jeze: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
Police reform is a welcome development,but what about the same proposed reformed few years ago when they went to some churches soliciting for fund to equip the NPF to better serve the populist. My opinion is that NPF should be made to undergo a compulsory psychological courses. Because a great number of them don't know what policing means.
Re: FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn by Vergil: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
Yp! Witness this moment! This is when they (ur leaders) have now decided enough of stealing/talking in billions. Its time for the new era, of talking/stealing/looting in trillions!!!!! Eeeeha! Biaaatches!

From speaking in thousands to speaking in hundreds of thousands
From that to millions,
.....to hundreds of millions ...to billions....to hundreds of billions....
Now to trillions.........

Soon...hundreds of trillions. Does that sh[i]i[/i]t even exists?? Fucccccck daaamn!

Staaaay tunnned!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Survivor, Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi Advises Jonathan On Nigeria / Update On Enugu Fire: Ugwuanyi Aids Victims With Cash Donations / Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.