Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? (51721 Views)

How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
SmartChoices:

Is this thread about 406?

Oyamilenuuuuuu

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by fishleg123: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
abatically:

Oyamilenuuuuuu
have owned 607 b4
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 12:22am On Mar 24, 2015
I couldn't make out time to continue my lecture on Peugeot 607 today. I have a lot of things to teach about this marvelous Lion. Will continue tomorrow. Good night.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
auhanson:
After posting, as i was reading up d lines as is usually my style i had reason to congratulate Benz on the timing chain stuff(Benz timing chains last with the engine)..i have never had any reason to open my engine bay to change timing belt nor anything apart from modifying my old Benz for performances boost. I think Benz still remains the best machine ever-you have no reason to open your engine except you are a heavy abuser and practically i bought an abuse, very heavily abused c class about 2 &1/2 years ago but ever since i corrected all the element of abuses, this car hardly ever cough again, apart from the last recent element of abuse from the previous owner that prompted me to overhaul my gearbox in my garage to look inside to find that hail of thing that was always hooking my gear, and that was the gear sprocket that controlled gear 1 and 2. And ever since i found an older one from a scrap vboot gear box and replaced it there(cos they are precisely the same) at no cost, i never had the gear hooked again for me to have reason to go under the car again to have gear unhooked as usual.

Gbam!!! Buy a 607 @ your own peril!

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
PEUGEOT 607 ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM: PETROL ENGINES

Good afternoon everyone. I want to educate you guys on the sweet Peugeot 607 cooling system. Like I pointed out earlier, its on of the simplest and easiest system to understand and troubleshoot.

Peugoet 607 petrol engines were all designed to run hot: the EW10 , EW12 & ES engines. The system has one electric cooling fan that maintains required temperature needed for AC (condenser), radiator & engine to perform well. It works marvellous. Depending on region a Peugeot 607 was produced (will come to that later), the fan is powered by 1 or 2 relay(s). The fan is triggerred by CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor), the same sensor that signals to Engine ECU and temperature gauge on the instrument panel, the coolant temperature. The Coolant Thermostats also determines when the fan comes on and goes off, even though it does it indirectly through CTS.

The Peugeot 607 cooling system is designed to run as hot 110 degree Celsius, perfectly. In fact, the Peugeot 607 cooling system thermostat maintains the cooling system temperature at 90-100 C, both at idle and under acceleration, irrespective of ambient temperature. The system is that good. It is so good that even as heavy and big as the Lion is, its cooling system ensures a good fuel economy as high as 37.6 mpg (7.5 L/100km) on highspeed from a V6 one. Every cooling system plays a major role in determining fuel consumption of every vehicle. The Peugeot 607 cooling system is a perfect one that keeps the owner smiling whenever he remembers what he owns and enjoy. Why did I say so?

Aside fuel economy, the Peugeot 607 cooling system helps the engine to last for decades, hundreds of thousands of kilometers. Because the Peugeot petrol engines in them were designed to run hot, which the cooling system in them makes possible, the engine oil in them gets hot quickly, reduce friction and lubricate the engine properly, which ensures effortless moving parts inside the engine. A cold oil is not good for engines, hence, Peugeot designed the 607 cooling system to eliminate that. So, you stand to gain good fuel economy and long engine lifespan in Peugeot 607.

Next, I will Talk about how to maintain the Peugeot 607 cooling system to remain as perfectly designed

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
How to maintain the Peugeot 607 cooling system to remain as perfectly designed

I have been quite busy for a while. Lets continue with the lecture.

As i noted earlier, Peugeot 607 engine cooling system was designed to last as 607 owner wants it. That is, if you want it to last for 50 years, it will do that perfectly. If you want it to last as long as the Lion remains in your ownership, it will gradly do that. If you want it to last only a week, a month or only a year, it will surely do that as well. So, its a choice. Everything in life is choice. If you make a bad choice, your consolation might be to look for whom or what to blame for your mistake, your choice or your decision. Even if you choose to make that choice/decision based on "Everyone's or people's opinion", it was your decision.

Peugeot 607 cooling system is designed for 3 regions: Temperate, Hot & Cold countries. For temperate & hot countries, their radiator fans run on 2 speeds (speed 1 & speed 2). Speed 1 comes on only after about 30 or so minutes of engine running at cold start (without AC), depending on ambient temperature. Its noiseless. The only way to know fan is spinning when its on speed one is to peep in through the front grille/bumper, because you will not hear it spin. The speed 1 will gradually increase to maximum speed (speed 2). And will only come on on a very hot day, particulary at stationary/traffic jam in hot afternoon (without AC). Even with AC, speed 1, will run first. Depending on ambient temperature, the speed 2 will come on, spin after a while and goes off. The speed 2 is a noisy one. Even with your windows up, you will hear when it comes on.

Then Peugeot 607 cooling system for cold countries. They are of 2 types: speed 1 fan system and speed 1 & 2 fan system. That is, some have only 1 speed, while some have 2 speeds (low & high).

Why I am explaining this? You need to first find out what, "how many speeds does your 607 have or one you are interested to acquire have?" Because when you do that, you would know if your Peugeot 607 fan is working as factory, if something is wrong with the system or if the system has been abused. Like i noted earlier, when you understand a system and how it works, maintenance, knowing when something is wrong with the system and troubleshooting the system becomes easy/easier for you. It is that simple!

Lecture on Peugeot 607 Engine Cooling system to be continued...

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
Peugeot 607 Cooling System cont:

COOLANT: The Peugeot 607 cooling system is designed to run on coolant. Coolant helps to elongate the system Water pump life. It helps to keep radiator clean and the entire cooling system. It helps to increase fuel efficiency in 607s, because coolant heats up faster than water. Remeber, the quicker the system gets hot, the lower the fuel consumption.

Most people have harmed their Peugeot 607 cooling systems by using only water in the systems. Not good!. It harms the water pump and clogged up the entire system with rust, which will overtime cause overheating to the engine. Avoid water please.

Over the years, I have found the available TOTAL Coolant in Nigeria very good for all my Lions. They are pre-mixed, so additional water is not needed.

THERMOSTAT Peugeot 607 cooling system runs on a Themostat that regulates the coolant temperature, which determines the engine oil temperature and the entire engine (also for Auto transmissions In Peugeot 607s). The opening temperature of thermostat in Peugeot 607 cooling system designed for temperate countries is 89 degree celsius. So if you have a 607 cooling system designed for cold country, confirm if the thermostat opening temperature is 89 C. If more, get a 89 C one and swap in. They are very much available, irrespective of the engine: EW & ES engines (different shapes though). You may also find one with 82 C opening temperature. But please, dont go below 82 C. The opening temperature is engraved on the thermostat. So its easy to know the opening temperature.

Some have harmed or destroyed their 607 engines by removing and running the engine without coling system thermostat. The absence of thermostat in these engines would cause longer frictions in the engines and would rapidly shortens their lifespan. These engines in 607 were designed to run hot, not cold which thermostat would cause.

I will be back!

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2015

How to Confirm the State of engine Thermostat in Peugeot 607 cooling system

Question has always been, "How I would I know if my Peugeot car still have cooling system Thermostat or not?" Be happy, because I have answer to that. It covers all Peugeot cars

[b]
This test should be carried out in the morning or when engine is cold, before starting the car for the first time in the day.

1. Open the Bonnet.

2. The upper and lower radiator hoses should be cold as well as the engine.

3. Start the engine, let it idle and wait.

4. After about 5 Minutes, touch the upper radiator hose, it should start feeling warm, while the lower radiator hose remains cold.

5. After 8 minutes, the upper radiator hose will be getting very hot by now, while the lower hose remains cold. It means the Thermostat is still shut or closed.

6. At 10 minutes of engine idling, the temperature gauge should be between 70-80 Degree Celsius, depending on the weather or load on the engine.

7. When the temperature gauge rises to 80 Degree Celsius, touch the lower radiator hose. It should start feeling warm. It means the thermostat has started opening gradually, flowing the hot coolant trapped in the engine into the radiator, while the cold coolant in the radiator is flowed into the engine. All, via the help of Water Pump.

8. At 90 Degree Celsius on the Temperature gauge, both the upper and lower radiator hoses would be hot by now.

9. While at 90 Degree Celsius on instrument panel, the radiator fan should start spinning, after about 30 minutes of Engine idling. The fan will stop spinning after 3 minutes of spinning. And will start spinning again, after 10 minutes, depending on the weather.

10. Switch off the Car. Test is concluded.[/b]

The above test is to find out, without removing the thermostat from the engine, if the thermostat is still working.If the above result was observed during the test, then the thermostat is intact.

If the lower radiator hose remains cold when the temperature gauge needle is resting on 80-90 Degree Celsius, it means the Thermostat has failed by staying closed permanently.

If both upper and lower radiator hoses start feeling hot at the same time, within the first 5 minutes starting the car when engine was cold, then either the Thermostat has failed by staying permanently open or thermostat is absent in the cooling system (has been removed).

*** On the other hand, I was doing a check on someone's Peugeot 307 cooling system with EW10 engine. The Thermostat housing was routed the other way round. That is, the coolant flows in reverse order in test i explained above. So, the lower hose would get hot before the upper hose and the cylce continues.

I will be back!

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by youngchopper(m): 2:28am On Mar 27, 2015
praxisnetworks:
well I have used a 505 srd...504 bestline...206....all I can say is if you want a car that will not give you "normal" issues...flee peugeot...the cars that sell massively sustainably have a reason they sell 607 in particular aint one of them bro...buying a car engine 406 wagon for 160k? kilode? when a w202 C class engine goes for less than 50k!....not even an ML engine costs that must....not to talk of BMW e36 models....if you are driving a pejo and smiling you really
dont know what you are missing! A simple timing belt cut ruins your engine...interference systems ko?... I owe no apology for informing people about the evils of a pijo...ask yourself why its only one person that runs that abracadabra of a vehicle on your street for 4 years! A car that you will use and the cost of repairs will put you at the mercy of the mech....who will now have to buy food 4 U n call cards aint worth the stress!!! I saw these evils happening to people who are dying to own a pijo.....no jokes....Ikenna may know about pijo n some individuals but how accessible are they? do they render assistance for free? why enslave yourself to a car that help can not be readily found...which you cant confidently give the keys to your spouse or a friend without being aprehensive!!!!! flee again I say flee the hassles of pijo which some have tagged "abuse n normal" issues! Buy a car that will not drive you....but which you will drive with pleasure...

Lol
607 God go punish the day I met u
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 6:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Next, I am going to talk about Peugeot 607 V6 Suspension.

Good morning

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
607 God go punish the day I met u...

more woeful testimonies.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
youngchopper:
[/quote]
youngchopper post=32044097:
youngchopper:
youngchopper:
youngchopper:
[quote author=youngchopper post=32044097]

please tell us more
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
Peugeot 607 V6 Suspension

The suspension in this wonderful Lion is awesome. One of the best Peugeot ever produced and installed in Lions. It's called Variable Suspension.

The suspension set up works automatically. It senses the road speed and adjust the Lion's height to give perfect handling at every vehicle speed. The higher the vehicle speed, the firmer it becomes and more it drops the Lions body down (increases and reduces ground clearance), and turn the Lion into a drum on the ground, making it difficult to lift up the ground no matter the condition. Honestly, I love that in mine!

Also, its one of the most ever reliable and shock absorbers I have ever have in a Lion. Almost indestructible.

Now, where people make mistake is when the On-board computer in 607 V6 reports something wrong with the suspension, some would go and replace shock absorbers that had no issue and still in perfect condition. How do I mean. The shock absorbers in these Lions are independent of part of the suspension that controls the height of these Lions via vehicle speed. And that is the suspension sensors. So when a variable suspension sensor naturally fails, instead of finding out with the right tool which one is faulty, some mechanics would advice owners to replace entire shock absorbers and the sensors. What a waste! These dampers in these V6 Lions are never say die! It's because of the quality of these dampers that some would complain cost arm to them, forgetting that they are made to last decades and hundreds of thousands of kilometers/miles. Peugeots are known for quality and powerful shock absorbers, including the suspension set up.

An amazing thing about this variable suspension is, even when the sensors fail, the suspension will stay stuck in speed mode, which is even better and sweet when on highway.

Next to talk about is Variable Power Steering in Peugeot 607 V6.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
Peugeot 607 V6 Diesel

Feed your eyes before we continue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vhf5m-tJQ

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
Good day everyone.

I said I would talk about the variable steering of Peugeot 607. I have been getting a lot of calls, as a result of this thread. I really appreciate those that find my lecture on 607 very interesting and useful. You are free already from fear that keeps you away from your own happiness and free trying to live your own live by another man's opinion (or what the world calls "Everyone must be right). Will continue to do my best to keep you guys well rightly informed on Peugeots.

Now, lets see what this lady has to say about Peugeot 508 before we continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9K3pPsZEQ

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
Variable Power Steering in Peugeot 607 V6

The Variable steering system in Peugeot 607 V6 is wonderful. Amazing feel, if I would say.

The lower the speed, the lighter and effortless the steering wheel steers. On the other hand, the higher the vehicle speed, the heavier and harder the steering wheel steers, which contributes in turning the lion to a drum on ground on such speeds, for safety no matter the speed you push him to. Olala!

The variable steering system is controlled by a servotronic ECU which is indestructible, through a signal from resistor on the steering ram. A well designed system. It still have the conventional indestructible Power steering pump in Inline-4 models.

All that is needed to keep the system in good shape is to replace the fluid in the steering system every 2 years. Funny enough, the recommended fluid for the marvelous steering system is the simple ATF in our markets. I have found the Total fluide-II D so good for the system, which you can get at any Total fuel station in Nigeria. A can of it cost about N500 or so, at the point of posting this. 2 or 3 cans is enough to do the fluid change in system.

Good enough, it has a symptom that indicates fluid is too old in the system. It tends to be heavier to steer at low speed or stationary when fluid in the system stops doing its function and requires replacement. But as soon as its removed and replaced with new ATF, it automatically becomes sweet again to steer. A reliable, durable and enjoyable steering system, it is.

I will be back.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by fishleg123: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
pls ride on.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2015
fishleg123:
pls ride on.

Thank you. God bless you.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Let me share a small review with you guys on 2014 European Car of the year, Peugeot 308. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8MzmHLc-eQ

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Sunymoore(m): 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hmm.. I'm enjoying this honesty... Continue bro
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 6:29am On Apr 01, 2015
Good morning everyone.

For more details on Peugeot 607 and other Peugeot cars, you can join the WhatsApp Peugeot Community, where you meet 607 owners that truly enjoy their lions and other lion owners. You will learn a lot and what it takes to own and enjoy a Peugeot car in Nigeria.

To join the community, send a WhatsApp message to me, Ikenna, 08079190356. Include your name in the message and indicate that you want to join the Peugeot community. I will add you.

Note that its a community of passionate positive owners, lovers and friends of Peugeot cars, not house of negativity; people that appreciate what they have or what they want to have and want to learn how to keep it that way.

Meanwhile, Abuja Peugeot community members are meeting this coming weekend to eat, drink and chat together as one.

Anyway, if I remember anything I haven't talked about on Peugeot 607, I wont hesitate to update this thread with it. Honestly, its an amazing Lion. You need to own one to understand. Not an abused one though.

Enjoy your new month.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:08am On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter everyone.

Quite a number of have joined the Lion's family after going through this thread, from calls, mails and messages I have been receiving. I am so happy and grateful to God that gave me the knowledge to touch you guys life positively. I am grateful to you guys too that patiently followed the thread and have learnt something good about Peugeots and how best to keep them healthy.

Well, for those who still plans to join the Lions family. From Lions Den, I wish you guys speedy heart desires, as we celebrate the Easter Sunday in Den.

Ikenna

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2015
Good morning everyone. Long time.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by DGD1(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2015
Ikenna351:
Good morning everyone. Long time.

Ikenna
here comes the lion man, God bless you for the selfless service.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
DGD1:

here comes the lion man,
God bless you for the selfless service.

Thank you and God bless you too.

Do you drive a Lion?

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by DGD1(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2015
Ikenna351:

Thank you and God bless you too.
Do you drive a Lion?
Ikenna
not yet, I do Japanese for now
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 6:23am On May 11, 2015
DGD1:

not yet,
I do Japanese for now

Ok. Good morning.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Good morning everyone.

I just want to appreciate everyone that my write up here on Peugeot 607 has added value to. At least, about 10 persons have contacted me after reading going through the thread. About 3 of them purchased Peugeot 607 after reading the thread and have been enjoying them. About 4 found my explanations helpful, used them and got their Peugeot 607s back in good shape as designed, while the rest are hunting for 607s. I am not just talling about Nigerians, even non Nigerians from other parts of the planet Earth.

I am glad my explanations of Peugeot 607 systems made sense and added values to some people, even those very far away. Thank you all, for I am grateful for your commendations and encouragement. I will continue to educate people that wish to have and enjoy good lives, how best to run their Peugeot cars.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Faita: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Fine car, that 407. Thanks bros.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by ikp120(m): 2:56am On Aug 26, 2015
Just see this cute 607 ride a human being is selling for 480k.

https://www.nairaland.com/2530379/peugeot-607-fairly-used-2002#37337750

I wonder why. I have seen at least 5 adverts of 607 at give away prices both on nl and car ads websites
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
ikp120:
Just see this cute 607 ride a human being is selling for 480k.

https://www.nairaland.com/2530379/peugeot-607-fairly-used-2002#37337750

I wonder why. I have seen at least 5 adverts of 607 at give away prices both on nl and car ads websites

The current state of a Car's electricals and mechanicals determines price of a Car been sold, not just the body. If you abuse a Car, the selling price will drop. It is that easy and simple to understand.

What you give a Peugeot Car is what he or she gives back to you.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by interkollins: 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
@ Ikenna351
Please, at current 9ja market,how much is the advisable price to buy Tokunbo Peugeot 607 v6 3l, gpl and gasoline tanks. leather seats.
Model Year 2002
fuel Gasoline
Transmission Automatic

also, kindly shade more light on the gpl .
Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) / Accident In Benin City This Afternoon (graphic Photos) / Suggest An SUV Of 2m To Buy For My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.