Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? (51662 Views)

How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ikenna, Lion King.

I, today, 28/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
youngchopper:
mehn na automatic oo. If u fit help me find buyer i would be greatfull
Lol sell to Gazzuzz
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
onome25:

sometime in life we take decision after deeds [ medicine after death ]
what i.m trying to say is,u should have comfirm on things u what to invest ur money in before jumping into it.
what if u are told that the engine is more expensive that the car itself;what will u do?

A diportivo problem...sell it to him

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
BusHouse:
[ why did you buy it in the first instance? *mtbheew*
See beef
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
omenka:
Bros, if u are not a seven digits monthly salary earner, dispose of dat thing ASAP! Take my word for itan u don't want a 607 palaver! sad

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
youngchopper:
sold it as scrap! Bro what do see so special about that car. Its peugot worse car ever. It has electrical problems! If you so much love lion get a 407.
You were warned

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2017

Never buy a Peugeot,. There's a reason they stopped selling well in the world market... Don't find out why via your purse.
EEhen?

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ikenna51:

So wrong in every way. I don't even know where to start. The poor Lion was obviously abused and you don't abuse a car and expect it to be problem free. Electrical problems indeed!

Ikenna
Here comes the wicked entrepreneurs

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2017

And you practically became a mechanic! You think that's the joy of owning a vehicle... You're not been truthful and you enjoy leading people astray...sincerely no sane car owner ever dreams of his car turning him or her to a mechanic which your Peugeot has turned you into....every car owners dream is to drive his car without hassles and if any issue comes up he'd be able to get an expert to fix it within a reasonable amount of resources
.time n money! But lo and behold you have become a mechanic and you are still looking for co travellers cos misery as they say loves company! Yet you boast comparing a Mercedes with Peugeot! Its an abomination an abominable utterance that requires adequate punishment... Lomomike see your colleague rescue him before I take him to the cleaners!
Savage
Cc kingreign

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
nurey:

Well he must have blown that out of proportion he was only exaggerating grin can't u guys take a joke

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by menstrualpad: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
abatically:

Unfortunately he wasn't joking.
We know

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Asstjohn607: 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hi I recently bought a 607 and it would not start I replaced the battery and it eventually start but the stereo sound wasn't coming up being confuse on what to do as I am scared of taking it to just any dealer to work on it before they would damage the lion for me I decide to park it for that day to try and get a professional to work on it but something strange happened the next day i put it back switch the ac on and press the heater button on the sound was restored but i keep hearing a beep sound while the stereo is playing please can someone advice me on what to do?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by youngchopper(m): 5:24am On Oct 29, 2017
Asstjohn607:
Hi I recently bought a 607 and it would not start I replaced the battery and it eventually start but the stereo sound wasn't coming up being confuse on what to do as I am scared of taking it to just any dealer to work on it before they would damage the lion for me I decide to park it for that day to try and get a professional to work on it but something strange happened the next day i put it back switch the ac on and press the heater button on the sound was restored but i keep hearing a beep sound while the stereo is playing please can someone advice me on what to do?
My brother sell that crazy car.. Never knew this my post was still getting comments..

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2017
Asstjohn607:

The beep sound is usually an indication that the previous owner replaced the engine ECU, BSI unit & key. In otherwords, the lion no longer have the original engine ECU & BSI unit the lion came to Nigeria with, which means the lion was most likely abused electrically that led to the death of the previous BSI unit & engine ECU. Or that they swapped in radio from another 607. Or that someone did a terrible wrong connection on the lion that have started crashing the gadget ECUs.

It's funny how you prefer only a Professional to diagnose the car which you ought to have done before the purchase of that lion. A lot of Nigerian men have contacted me to assist them in buying a Peugeot car in good condition. And when i informed them they would pay me N10,000 if that want that services from me, some would tell me they would rather risk it and buy the lion than pay me that amount. In otherwords, they would rather risk it and buy an electrically abused lion that could cost them thousands or hundreds to rectify or fixed after purchase (if they succeed in fixing the lion) than pay me 10k to avoid such nightmares ot prevent them from buying such abused lions in the first place. Men are known to be more logical than women in the past. But now, only very few men apply it. Women that have contacted me for services have been more logical than expected, which made me asked at point "Why do modern women act more masculine than modern men?" Anyway, like i have always said, you always have a choice no matter what, and your choice begets what you experience next.

If you are in Abuja, bring the Peugeot 607 to me for proper diagnosis. Hopefully, the lions wiring harness hasn't been butchered by Nigerian auto electricians and Mechanics & hopefully i can revert the abuse to factory, if that's the current state the lion.

Ikenna351.

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Asstjohn607: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hi Ikenna unfortunately I'm in Lagos and have tried going to peugeot service centre but i cant get one please do you have contacts here I can reach ?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Asstjohn607: 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
what is the recommended battery for peugeot 607 I replaced my battery to a 75ah but couldnt start up the lion electricians keep telling me i need a bigger capacity battery like 90ah how true is that?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by nurey(m): 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Asstjohn607:
what is the recommended battery for peugeot 607 I replaced my battery to a 75ah but couldnt start up the lion electricians keep telling me i need a bigger capacity battery like 90ah how true is that?

Have you checked the battery in the boot whether it is functional? That battery is connected to a whole lot of electrical also look for a competent mechanic, Peugeot is out of the league of kazeem, I hope you won't allow them do practical with it
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
Asstjohn607:
Hi Ikenna unfortunately I'm in Lagos and have tried going to peugeot service centre but i cant get one please do you have contacts here I can reach ?

Yes, i have. Contact me off this forum.

Ikenna351.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
Asstjohn607:

If yours it's phase I 607, ++Ah is good for engine bay battery.

Ikenna351.

I, today, 27/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by letuak(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2017
Ikenna351:

If yours it's phase I 607, 75Ah is good for engine bay battery.

Ikenna351.

Thank you.
You are blessed.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Kamalu1190(m): 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
I'm on my second Peugeot a 607, and trust me that car is a tank, Ikenna351's posts actually increased my curiosity about the Peugeot brand and I don't regret it, my 2009 607 still has far more gadgets than an 2012 Toyota Camry. Argue with your ancestors.

Kamalu

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by onome25(m): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2018
HMMMMMMMMM THE MASTER OF SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS IS BACK IN NIGERIA!!!!@JAMES SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS.[3 years in research].....GET THE NEW ACCOUNT TODAY FOR UR HD DECODERS USING UR MODEM OR ROUTER & ENJOY SPORTS & UR FAVOURITE PROGRAMMES....ENJOY WHILE IT LAST!!!!
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kamalu1190:
I'm on my second Peugeot a 607, and trust me that car is a tank, Ikenna351's posts actually increased my curiosity about the Peugeot brand and I don't regret it, my 2009 607 still has far more gadgets than an 2012 Toyota Camry. Argue with your ancestors.

Kamalu

You are talking about 2009 607, my 2006 407 full option has more features than that 2012 Camry.

Below is a comparison between a 2008 Peugeot 407 and a 2012 Toyota Camry.
The Camry even gulps more fuel than the Peugeot on city ride

https://www.m.gazeta-a.com/compare/items/5849/2787/

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Shalomc(f): 12:38am On Jun 06, 2018
Never a Peugeot.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by franklin93(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
I have owned a peugeot 406 inline 4 cylinder (ew10) & lastly the peugeot 406 v6 which I eventually sold because of gas mileage since I signed up on Uber. After selling the V6, I used a Honda accord & now a Toyota yaris. I must say that I miss my peugeot, very reliable. Am only with the yaris cos of fuel economy for my business but that aside, the peugeot is a better car of all I have used.

Have you ever wondered why you have so many peugeot littered all over the streets of Abuja & Northern Nigeria known for rough terrain.? The answer is simply because of their reliability just like the way you see Toyota everywhere. If it was a bad brand you won't see them scattered allover the city & Northern Nigeria with the toughest terrains in Nigeria.

Do people still buy Nissan Murano's & Infiniti FX 35, 45 & most infiniti brands? The answer is NO. Now that's the definition of a bad product. Mercedes car is known for luxury & class but that's not to say they don't have their issues. Most recent Benz products from year 2008 till date are only good when they are new & they are prone to a lot of electrical issues due to a million sensors that controls most of the luxury gadgets and all. I have close pals that use Benz & sometimes they get frustrated with the electrical issues that never stops immediately they start giving issues. Resale value for most German cars is zero. It was war before my friend was able to sell his Mercedes E350 2008 model, eventually Cars45 bought it for 1.2million naira because he was frustrated with the vehicle springing up surprises daily.

In all, German cars are known for luxury & Class but that shouldn't be mistaken for reliability. The recent models are reliable in there own way but the most reliable Germans are from 2005 models down to the 90s.

abatically:

We can compare different cars based on their class, but only someone with a completely BIASED mind would even think of comparing a Peugeot 308 with a Mercedes Benz S class. Any person that does that should never be taken seriously, u sef think am. For someone to even think a Peeugeot 308 is better than a Mercedes Benz S class, then that person will also tell u a peugeot 206 is better than a G Wagon. No wonder someone here said a Peugeot 505 is his favorite full sized luxury sedan even when it is obvious the car is not even a full sized not to talk of luxury sedan.

This

Against this

And then this

Against this

angry angry angry

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2020
My Peugeot 607 V6 POV Review & A Drive (How Horrible The Ownership Of the Car Has Been)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZX9IiFz5k

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Mokelu: 9:45am On May 12, 2020
Ikenna351:
My Peugeot 607 V6 POV Review & A Drive (How Horrible The Ownership Of the Car Has Been)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZX9IiFz5k

Cool
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by orahfrancis(m): 5:05am On May 13, 2020
Mokelu:

Cool
Ikenna good day please i own a Peugeot 307 here in abuja. Please how do i reach you my number is 07038045754 my name is uche
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2020
orahfrancis:
Ikenna good day please i own a Peugeot 307 here in abuja. Please how do i reach you my number is 07038045754 my name is uche

My WhatsApp contact line is always on my signature. +2348095721703.

Only WhatsApp chat (no phone calls).

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by babyboy4every1: 4:45pm On May 17, 2020
Ikenna351, good day sir. I intend buying toyota avensis verso or mitsubishi grandis for transport. But after reading so many comments and the way you have defending this lion is out of this world (very constructive). So, iv decided to consider if Peugeot can be used for transport. Iv made a research and found Peugeot 807 a seven seater. how reliable is the car? Is there any other seven seater you can recomend? Like how much can i get the 807 seven seater? Thanks. Also add my no 08039154846 to the lion WhatsApp group.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Conductor261: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
youngchopper:

My brother sell that crazy car.. Never knew this my post was still getting comments..

Lols
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by eddy2farm(m): 12:59am On Dec 26, 2021
Please can you add me to lion WhatsApp
group I plan buying 607 next month. 08037674108

Please I will need your help why buying the car[color=#006600][/color]
Ikenna351:
Good morning everyone.

I just want to appreciate everyone that my write up here on Peugeot 607 has added value to. At least, about 10 persons have contacted me after reading going through the thread. About 3 of them purchased Peugeot 607 after reading the thread and have been enjoying them. About 4 found my explanations helpful, used them and got their Peugeot 607s back in good shape as designed, while the rest are hunting for 607s. I am not just talling about Nigerians, even non Nigerians from other parts of the planet Earth.

I am glad my explanations of Peugeot 607 systems made sense and added values to some people, even those very far away. Thank you all, for I am grateful for your commendations and encouragement. I will continue to educate people that wish to have and enjoy good lives, how best to run their Peugeot cars.

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) / Accident In Benin City This Afternoon (graphic Photos) / Buying My First Car

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68