Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Mikel Obi Launches Foundation - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mikel Obi Launches Foundation (1148 Views)

Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Launches Foundation by 1025: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
Super Eagles midfielder, Mikel Obi, has promised to assist some ex-internationals who are currently down through his Foundation which is expected to be launched in Lagos on Friday.

Mikel who is a member of the historic Chelsea team that won the UEFA Champions League last month said he has always nutured the hope of giving back to the society especially the homeless people he grew up with as a kid.
Speaking in Lagos yesterday, Mikel who became the third Nigerian player to win the prestigious Champions League said he believes this is the right time to launch the MIKEL OBI FOUNDATION in appreciation of the height God has placed him in his football career.

“It has always been on my mind to give back to the Nigerian society that made me.

“I grew up in Jos where I played street football with lots of the less priviledged and homeless people who hardly had enough to eat. Having been in such situation myself and with the little success God has enabled me to achieve in my career, I feel this is the right time to lend assistance.

“As for some ex-internationals who are currently down, the foundation would be ready to assist where possible,” said Mikel who was in company of his agent, John Shittu and Super Eagles colleague, Chinedu Obasi.

The official launching is billed to hold on Friday by 6.00 pm at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island simultaneously with a welcome party organised in honour of Mikel by members of the Lagos Business Community.
Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency Babatunde Raji Fashola is expected to grace the occasion as the Special Guest of Honour at the event.

God bless mikel who is doing great things here and there. more blessings brother.
Re: Mikel Obi Launches Foundation by AndreUweh(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
Nice one from John Michael Obi. God bless him.
Re: Mikel Obi Launches Foundation by 1025: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
amen brother and bless u too.
some ppl are only waiting for negative news to post and comment on about mikel but when the good news is available, they will form deaf and dumb.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Manchester United Is Untouchable !!! / EPL: Sunderland Vs Manchester United On 24th August 2014 At 4:00PM / Atlast Arshavin In Arsenal 4 12 Million Pounds (13.3 Million Euros) Wears No 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.