Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps (20537 Views)

Guber Poll: Voters’ Register Fraud Rocks Bayelsa / EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Ngwakwe: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
Fresh N1.5bn fraud rocks House of Reps

•EFCC quizzes NASS officials

By:
ADE ALADE
Date:
Sat, 06/16/2012 - 20:31

Even as the dust raised by the alleged $3 million bribery scandal in the House of Representatives is yet to settle, another storm is already raging in the lower chamber of the National Assembly, as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun investigation into an alleged strange massive cash withdrawals running into N1.5 billion from the House accounts.

Saturday Sun exclusively gathered that the fresh scandal has already led to the invitation and interrogation of about four officials of the National Assembly. It was, however, gathered that the withdrawals were made before the present Speaker of the House, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, assumed office.

Competent sources in EFCC told Saturday Sun that the Bank Fraud unit of the EFCC, which is located in Garki area of Abuja, is investigating the fraud case, which is being treated as “criminal conspiracy, stealing and money laundering.”

The sources confirmed that about four officials so far interrogated over the matter were allegedly used severally to pull out the cash from the House bank accounts “because the cheques were written in their names to cash the huge funds from some banks in Abuja.”

According to a member of the investigating team, who pleaded for anonymity, “the funds were actually withdrawn over a period of time, especially in the last quarter of 2010 and they were withdrawn by some officials in the speaker’s office in millions. For instance, you see junior officers withdrawing millions of naira. In a particular case, a junior officer was asked to withdraw N10 million from Oceanic Bank in August and same person was also asked to withdraw another N20 million from a GT bank account in November same year.”

“In fact, we are also looking into other allegations that one of the officials who is still young in public service has about three estates in Abuja alone and recently went to take a bride in Egypt. We will try to establish his sources of funds and see whether there is a link between the huge cash withdrawals in his name and his expenditures.”

A member of the House who pleaded anonymity however said, “I believe there is more to this sudden focus on the House by agents of the executive. It is beyond a coincidence that one scandal keeps breaking after another as if the House is the only organ of government where these things happen. We believe they are deliberate and targeted.”

www.sunnewsonline.com/national/article/fresh-n15bn-fraud-rocks-house-reps

The solution to Nigeria problem is when Politicians start exposing themselves.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by OAM4J: 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
na wa o!
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by blueheart(m): 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
We gettin impervious to all dis mess naw..penkelemess

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by erniok(m): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
Naija; one week, one story. The annoying thing is that the stories are all negatives, portraying us as a nation of thieves.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by mrphenomenal(m): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
Well at last things are happening, better than sitting idle while nothing is being done.. and for the house of representatives, this is the fresh air!

3 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
NIGERIA
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Jabioro: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Since 2010,are they just waking up frm their sleep,what a mess,the entired system are getting sticking and soaring everyday!Bad structure!

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by koolJ1(f): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
There goes the group that represents Nigerians. Whatever happened to protecting our interests :-( dis is so pitiful. I shame for my leaders.

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Seunzz(m): 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2012
Are we ever going to hear positive news week after week in Nigeria besides all these rubbish How did Nigeria became this corrupt Smh
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by bigfat01: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
i love nigeria but would be checking out as soon as iget my uk visas.

4 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by dani1luv: 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
[size=13pt]Na me thief the money nah [/size]
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Rhino5dm: 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
GEJ & OBJ want to remove the leadership of the house. . . . lets see how things unfold.

Jabioro: Since 2010,are they just waking up frm their sleep,what a mess,the entired system are getting sticking and soaring everyday!Bad structure!

2 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by double3(m): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
Im tiired of all these money laundering saga,its time to hear some news bout senators serving jail term at kiri kiri.till then let me have my second bottle.waiter!!!

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by nuclearboy(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
These guys will insist on vengeance and on that day, Ghana-must-go bags will be rejected!

Anyone who forgets that everyman has his day is not very wise! And best of all, a house divided against itself definitely cannot stand! PDP is headed for the gallows!

And GEJ's day approaches

t

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
bigfat01: i love nigeria but would be checking out as soon as iget my uk visas.

Are u sure you wanna go to the UK?

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by ladylucky: 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
;DGeJ said something will happen in June...I like this Fresh air .

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by wolejoshua: 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
PDP! Share the money. Abeg, how much is the bridal price in Egypt

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by otokx(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
Lets all be patient
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Opoki(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
I see OBJ boys @ work...i'm sure what former president said was not just co-incidental with current happening.
2015 is @ d corner!

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by alahamad(m): 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
Why is all dis happening just when we need await the outcome nd closure of the huge subsidy scam?

Pretty soon, everything will be swept under the carpet nd its back to business as usual cos PDP will need more than 1trillion naira for the next rigging stunt into power....

Shaking my head at dat fvcked up nation calling Niger-area

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by ballabriggs: 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
All these to make us forget the $20 billion they stole. Na lie O, they must produce that money!

2 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by andresia(m): 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
@all, do we really need a legislative arm in this country of ours? pls tell me how dis guyz in NASS have really affected the lives of the common Nigerians positively sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
Poor man,You are on your own. grin grin
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
I think it's time the military brought some sanity to this shithole of a country.

9 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
I DON TAYA TO DEY READ NIGERIA SCAM STORY OHHHHHHH... EVERYDAY ONE SCAM STORY TO ANOTHER.

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by lafuria1(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
We knew there was subsidy fraud, wat hap? Nothing
We knew of d house of reps contract fraud unda bankole, wat hap? Nothing
Pension scam nko? Wetin hap? Nothing.
Abeg, everybody shld steal let d country collapse. No hope for this country. Anybody living in eskimo here?

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
la furia: We knew there was subsidy fraud, wat hap? Nothing
We knew of d house of reps contract fraud unda bankole, wat hap? Nothing
Pension scam nko? Wetin hap? Nothing.
Abeg, everybody shld steal let d country collapse. No hope for this country. Anybody living in eskimo here?

Yet beaf will tell us jonathan himself is a saint and corruption-free.The whole system is crap. angry
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by SPIDER90: 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
GEJ & OBJ want to remove the leadership of the house. . . . lets see how things unfold.

"It was, however, gathered that the withdrawals were made before the present Speaker of the House, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, assumed office."
Leave GEJ & OBJ out of this. Allow EFCC to do their job and leave sentiment out of criminal issue. Na wa for naija people, if EFCC refuse to act, they have been bribed/GEJ is clueless, if EFCC act, GEJ is hunting enemies of his govt.
Please play me Ebenezer Obey song on a donkey,a man and his son

2 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by jamace(m): 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jabioro: Since 2010,are they just waking up frm their sleep,what a mess,the entired system are getting sticking and soaring everyday!Bad structure!

OP must be a member of the cabals in govt, if not, why publish a 2010 news now. OR, OP is surely a govt agent on NL fighting for his paycheck. Check and see.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Beaf: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
A member of the House who pleaded anonymity however said, “I believe there is more to this sudden focus on the House by agents of the executive. It is beyond a coincidence that one scandal keeps breaking after another as if the House is the only organ of government where these things happen. We believe they are deliberate and targeted.”

So what if the "sudden focus on the House by agents of the executive" are "deliberate and targeted?" angry
Bring down the house of thieves, GEJ! We de ya back. No shaking. cool
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I think it's time the military brought some sanity to this shithole of a country.

Yeap! Only the military can save us from these thieving bloody civilians!
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Beaf: 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Yet beaf will tell us jonathan himself is a saint and corruption-free.The whole system is crap. angry

If not for GEJ, una for know wetin de happen?
I greatly admire GEJ's coded way of operating. Abi na you wan save Farouk Lawan?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Not Interested In Legality Of Operation Python Dance - Lai Mohammed / June 12: You’ve declared 1993 election result, Falana tells Buhari / Osun 2022: You Are Not God, Can’t Determine My Fate, Oyetola Replies Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.