Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

How To Get A Driver's License? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Get A Driver's License? (18251 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / New Plate Number And Driver's License / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Driver's License? by toluxa1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
Can anyone please provide clear details [on what it takes to get a driver's license in Nigeria]?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
I need this info too. I heard it can be pretty hectic. Just too lazy to make a move.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by toluxa1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2012
Please anyone with concrete info should let us know.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by toluxa1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2012
Wao, thanks Mod for Home Paging this. Now am sure I will get answers. Am sure a lot of people also need info on getting drivers license especially with all the changes abi na reform they said they did.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by NEROSKY(m): 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2012
i fink my bro did it couple of months ago,it can be bit rigorous
anyway,i will gather clue 4rm him..
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by SkyRider1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
I know it costs officially 4k. Fedral Rd safety are officially responsible for it.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by BabaAlaji(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
So easy na go to road safety office straight oo, is jst 3000naira dat is. Sha I one of my frnd wu did my bros own n I gave him 3000 Naira only, dat z my own idea o if u'v beta dan myn plz let's hear it plz.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
K

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Ibro27: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2012
I think this is the most easiest licence i've ever seen in Nig.
I just went to d yeye ppl office, i explain what brought me, they said it wil cost me 5500. And after 3 day i collected my stuff.
The funny thing is dat i don't know how to drive o.

8 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Yorisb: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2012
The question however is, why bother when u can fluently drive without one? undecided
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by adekennis(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
Una very funny,na driving license una con dey discuss as if na something wey dey very hard to get...blind pple dey get am for niger here,just arrange 5k make u find one road safety official,na hin go bring am come for u..
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
you can visit the frsc website: https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

there's a lot of info you can get. besides you can also download the application form.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Yorisb: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: My Dad is a Tax consultant nd he also help pple in getting Drivers license.U can call him on 08033337146-Mr.Akinsoji or mine 08096833283

Have u paid ur 'dues' before placing this advert?

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Ibro27: I think this is the most easiest licence i've ever seen in Nig.
I just went to d yeye ppl office, i explain what brought me, they said it wil cost me 5500. And after 3 day i collected my stuff.

You are lying!!!
Except u did your own corrupt parole, drivers licence takes months to get. Somtimes you have to be checking on them everytime to know whatsup with the process
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Ibro27: I think this is the most easiest licence i've ever seen in Nig.

You are lying!!!
Except u did your own corrupt parole, drivers licence takes months to get. Somtimes you have to be checking on them everytime to know whatsup with the process
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Denn(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Get a plain piece of paper, write your name, address, date of birth, sex and your signature. Affix a passport. Visit the nearest FRSC office, give a staff around 4,000......any staff of FRSC.....your valid driver's license is ready in 24 hours. You can learn how to drive later.

9 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by omokidew: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2012
Its super easy.. Come to Alimosho LGA with your name and phone number written on a piece of paper. Pay the 3k5 fee and expect your drivers license within 3 business days. Valid and fast. No test whatsoever.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by toluxa1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2012
adekennis: Una very funny,na driving license una con dey discuss as if na something wey dey very hard to get...blind pple dey get am for niger here,just arrange 5k make u find one road safety official,na hin go bring am come for u..

Bros, na Minna I dey too o, how long will it take to be ready?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by toluxa1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2012
Cos some people are saying 24hrs, some 3 business days, some are saying Months, which one we go believe. Anyone who has actually done it RECENTLY?

Plus I checked the website now and they are saying it cost 6k on the FAQ section

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by valencia25(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2012
Depends on ur location
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Andrew3(m): 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
simple

go to road safety office,give the big officer egunje aka bribe
and get instant without driving experience.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by valencia25(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
I got mine via LGA in Ikotun... A bro of mine help me and i don't think it's hard to get at all, let jst day 2days at least
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by ymozay: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2012
with our level of corruption,the frsc guys nd vio's are d 1's hunting 4 people dt will pass tru dem 2get d license so dat dy will get dia own cut out of d 5k u will give 2 dem.immediately dey c u around dia office dey go block u 2 know how far?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by xpensive05: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
I dnt jst get som re sayin 3k som 6k wht iz da cause of da variation in da price of da licence

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
Well I went to the road safety office the one at ojodu we were asked to pay about 4000 and also to drop our passport photogragh after dat we went to under a shed to receive lecture about driving signs. Then we were asked to go to anoda place where you will drive a car just to ascertain that you can drive after that we were given a date to come for captioning and ofcos they gave us some papers to carry about temporarily incase we were stopped on the road. But since then I have been goin there but they ve been telling us to come back because they don't want to use the old drivers liscense again and that the new one has not been approved.I still carry that paper about till now.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
why are we always like this as nigerians? why don't we ever want to take a little extra effort to read?

i just posted the authentic link for the frsc website above: https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

it contains all the info anyone needs to know on renewal and/or obtaining a new license. it even contains faqs or
frequently asked questions including cost of license, duration and what to do if you lost yours. but apparently
nobody has so far has bothered to go there and find out. instead peeps are content with posting misleading and
outrightly naive statements on something they know next to nothing about. how gross!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2012
there are two classes of license:
1. The original and correct due process way;
2. The sabi and official way.

#1 takes months
#2 takes days

Now I don't know about how original it would be, but both options will be F.R.S.C issued licenses
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
George_D: why are we always like this as nigerians? why don't we ever want to take a little extra effort to read?

i just posted the authentic link for the frsc website above: https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

it contains all the info anyone needs to know on renewal and/or obtaining a new license. it even contains faqs or
frequently asked questions including cost of license, duration and what to do if you lost yours. but apparently
nobody has so far has bothered to go there and find out. instead peeps are content with posting misleading and
outrightly naive statements on something they know next to nothing about. how gross!
I just clicked and the webpage refused to display.

ok now it's opened.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by kilo88: 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2012
Hey! Come to Lagos Island, just request for drivers licence , in less than 24 hours you are done with a clean licence. I did mine in 2010, and is still very valid! Use it to drive anywhere, show it to anybody who cares to check, banks , frsc ,police etc.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2012
@ George_D I think the question should be why is it possible for them to illegally produce a drivers license faster than the normal process entails, this is not just corruption but inefficiency at its worst, knowing the nature of Nigerians how many people will actually want to wait when they know there is a faster option?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2012
jumman: Well I went to the road safety office the one at ojodu we were asked to pay about 4000 and also to drop our passport photogragh after dat we went to under a shed to receive lecture about driving signs. Then we were asked to go to anoda place where you will drive a car just to ascertain that you can drive after that we were given a date to come for captioning and ofcos they gave us some papers to carry about temporarily incase we were stopped on the road. But since then I have been goin there but they ve been telling us to come back because they don't want to use the old drivers liscense again and that the new one has not been approved.I still carry that paper about till now.

Thats realy cool, I never k new they will test you, but the downside to your storey is that you aint got one yet
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by supereagle(m): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
Getting DL is not no big deal in Nigeria. Just walk to licensing office, you will form and pay the fee. The deal is finished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I / Car Mileage And Engine Performance / Mercedes Displays New Police Vehicles, Including X-class Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.