Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

How To Get A Driver's License? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Get A Driver's License? (18248 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / New Plate Number And Driver's License / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Odunnu: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
xpensive05: I dnt jst get som re sayin 3k som 6k wht iz da cause of da variation in da price of da licence
if you pay 3k you will get it in 2weeks time but when you pay N5k and above, they call it 'express', you will get it in maximum, 3days
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by tonididdy(m): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
wetin hard for DL...i went to open a bank account @ accessbank and the cashier asked for my driver liscence,which i didnt have...he told me wats up...i payed him 10k for me and my sis and gave him our details and the next day it was ready then i open my accounts
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by princedant: 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
I did the new one just before the suspension order came from NASS..however, it was easy..i gave them the old one & paid N10k...got it under 3days...i renewed for my wife, gave the old one paid n5k...got it under five days...in the case of the new one, data capture is done in the office u dont need to bring passport photos..
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2012
blink182: Now shut ur mouth, he is totally correct. I seriously wonder why this made front page because its such a minor issue. Its not even road safety that did mine. Its as easy as writing ur data on piece of paper and adding red background passport.

Obviously the poster didn't bother to think where he could get one before coming here to ask. Rubbish thread. Nigerian passport Kpa Kpa can be made in one day talk of ordinary drivers license when blind man fit do.
This Blink182 na Peruvian monkey ooo shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by spikesC(m): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
Ok....
How i got mine... I called a lady(pls dnt ask me who) who works there, she came to my house and collected my details and passport and 5k, one week later she brought it back. Well, that was really slow. Look, yes Nigeria is corrupt but we're all trying to give the OP information. It is now left for the Federal Government to shun this method but hey, when you're suddenly asked for a national verification id that you'll appreciate Nigeria.

For those saying it is fake, i don't blame you sha. You're probably hidden in your mama's house knowing not what the world is. If you can get an international passport in 2days, present it to the embassy and they approve of it, why would you think that a common driver's license cannot be processed that fast. Besides for quite some months now, even before the police where sanctioned to stay off the road, i've never presented my car papers to any one.

@OP; its all about choice bro, we're all looking towards a new Nigeria. If you take the new route, you might even be dissapointed in the long run.

FYI all, ma license is issued 2nd november 2011, i applied from Enugu and it was issued from rivers..imagine undecided
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by slim147(m): 12:22am On Jun 18, 2012
I did mine 2yrs ago in gwagwalada abuja , cost me 6k and I got it in 1hr . I don't know how it works in lag. I just went straight to the FRSC office, grabbed a piece of paper, wrote my name address , DoB, height, etc gave it to them. They told me to wait , but I went home and came back after 2hrs, my ID was all ready, I finger printed , signed and they game me my plastic instantly. Shekina
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by slim147(m): 12:25am On Jun 18, 2012
speedyboi:

You are lying!!!
Except u did your own corrupt parole, drivers licence takes months to get. Somtimes you have to be checking on them everytime to know whatsup with the process

Your probably a kid for calling someone a lier, I got mine in an hour cost me 6k at the frsc office in gwagwalada abuja.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by slim147(m): 12:26am On Jun 18, 2012
Denn: Get a plain piece of paper, write your name, address, date of birth, sex and your signature. Affix a passport. Visit the nearest FRSC office, give a staff around 4,000......any staff of FRSC.....your valid driver's license is ready in 24 hours. You can learn how to drive later.

You've said it all !!! Mine cost me 6k sha and I got it in an hour at frsc office in gwagwalada abuja.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by slim147(m): 12:53am On Jun 18, 2012
speedyboi:

You are lying!!!
Except u did your own corrupt parole, drivers licence takes months to get. Somtimes you have to be checking on them everytime to know whatsup with the process
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by member479760: 6:24am On Jun 18, 2012
::Andrew:::
simple

go to road safety office,give the big officer egunje aka bribe
and get instant without driving experience.

Thats how it work simple, anywhere, any country if you know road.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by ORAFA(m): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2012
I did mine about 3wks back. PROCESS: I took a passport, wrote ma name, age, sex, bloodgroup, height, state of origin, my signature, driving experience, and a few other stuff all on a peice of paper and I paid N6,000 cash. I went on a Friday and got it on Monday d following week. Am talking of Benue, it may vary in ur state. Hope dis does some good.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by OperaMini1(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2012
This is one of d reasons why d world will never take us serious. The senate fixed a price for DL, and nobody could attest to having gotten it at that price. Only God knows how much we'll pay for the plate numbers.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by TheMatrix3: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2012
Opera Mini: This is one of d reasons why d world will never take us serious. The senate fixed a price for DL, and nobody could attest to having gotten it at that price. Only God knows how much we'll pay for the plate numbers.

#YAWNS... Next please
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 18, 2012
muffins99:

Did you notice that bribery is being mentioned and 'liked' by some of the people here. Corruption is so ingrained in Nigeria that people can 'own' to it without fear or remorse!
What do you want us to do, form a one man squad against corruption? I am very sure you do not even reside in Nigeria.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 18, 2012
nikkyshyne:
This Blink182 na Peruvian monkey ooo shocked
Na your toto be Peruvian monkey grin grin grin
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by adex2000ng(m): 8:08am On Jun 18, 2012
jumman: Well I went to the road safety office the one at ojodu we were asked to pay about 4000 and also to drop our passport photogragh after dat we went to under a shed to receive lecture about driving signs. Then we were asked to go to anoda place where you will drive a car just to ascertain that you can drive after that we were given a date to come for captioning and ofcos they gave us some papers to carry about temporarily incase we were stopped on the road. But since then I have been goin there but they ve been telling us to come back because they don't want to use the old drivers liscense again and that the new one has not been approved.I still carry that paper about till now.

That Ȋ̝̊̅§ exactly same case/story with M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ wife. For over 7 months now, her driver's licence Ȋ̝̊̅§ not ready.
As for me, I gave someone recomended to M̶̲̥̅e̶̲̥̅.†ђξ 5k he demanded and I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ just 2 days, †ђξ licence Ȋ̝̊̅§ ready. Note: I never met †ђξ man I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ person we just discused on phone.

If Ʊ go official I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ seeking A̶̲̥̅̊ driver's licence I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria, I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ might never be ready. †ђξ easiest way to go about I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ Ȋ̝̊̅§ to meet A̶̲̥̅̊ road safety or vio guy or LGA, I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2 days †ђξ license will be ready
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2012
adex2000ng:

That Ȋ̝̊̅§ exactly same case/story with M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ wife. For over 7 months now, her driver's licence Ȋ̝̊̅§ not ready.
As for me, I gave someone recomended to M̶̲̥̅e̶̲̥̅.†ђξ 5k he demanded and I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ just 2 days, †ђξ licence Ȋ̝̊̅§ ready. Note: I never met †ђξ man I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ person we just discused on phone.

If Ʊ go official I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ seeking A̶̲̥̅̊ driver's licence I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria, I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ might never be ready. †ђξ easiest way to go about I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ Ȋ̝̊̅§ to meet A̶̲̥̅̊ road safety or vio guy or LGA, I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2 days †ђξ license will be ready
You can clearly read this on your BB but we can't, the special characters appear as boxes.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by chatbayo(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2012
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by LordNapier(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2012
Ibro27: I think this is the most easiest licence i've ever seen in Nig.
I just went to d yeye ppl office, i explain what brought me, they said it wil cost me 5500. And after 3 day i collected my stuff.
The funny thing is dat i don't know how to drive o.
wen was dat?... i tink d standard has bin raised
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by aikerism(m): 9:36am On Jun 18, 2012
[quote author=speedyboi]

You are lying!!!
Except u did your own corrupt parole, drivers licence takes months to get. Somtimes you have to be checking on them everytime to know whatsup with the process[/quote

You are ignorant if you say he is lying... just walk into any frsc office, meet the right person ( as they jostle to be the ones to attend to you) give them your particulars and signature on a piece of paper, pay between N5,500 and N6,500 and collect your licence 4 or 5 days later... unless of course u are in Ghana. grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 18, 2012
George_D:

well, it all has to do with us as individuals. not everybody prefers the 'faster option' as you're painting it.
True, but Nigerians are still whom we are, I personally will be making mine the correct way, but then the odds are that 80percent of people will go through the backdoor.(I could be wrong)
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Ishilove: 9:51am On Jun 18, 2012
I just went to d yeye ppl office, i explain what brought me, they said it wil cost me 5500. And after 3 day i collected my stuff.
It is only in Nigeria that this kind of craziness will occur. Only in Nigeria where people who can't drive have licences while those who CAN drive don't have driver's licences. Nigeria; crazy country,unserious people
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Ohislee(m): 10:05am On Jun 18, 2012
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Ohislee(m): 10:14am On Jun 18, 2012
grin ..... You are absolutely right my broda, I went to roadsafty office in iponri for enquires aroud feb dis year, they said all I needed was my #5k a passport and some other personal info about myself, with I eventually gave them and I got my licence 3days lata.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by OperaMini1(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2012
Pls has anyone bought the new plate no. since after the review? I'd it'll never be at that approved fee of N8400.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by stevobaba: 11:16am On Jun 18, 2012
I dont know about any other city, but in Abuja if you want to get a drivers licence go to VIO office at mabuchi. If its a renewal all you need is old licence verified. You will then be given a form to fill, asked to buy highway code for N1k, pay N6300 in designated bank or 7K to FRSC officer, study your highway code and wait your turn to see a VIO officer that would examine you on road signs. If you are lucky to pass you will go to FRSC officer (in same office) for data capture, finger print, be photographed.If the network behaves, you can get a temporary licence valid for 3 months in a day. I got mine last month. i would go for the real licence at the expiration of the temporary one in July.

Its simple but could be tasking. You must be willing to dedicate a day to it. Of course, there are crook VIO and FRSC officials who would ask you to bring 5k, 2 passport photographs and write your data on a piece of paper. They can only give you fake licence.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by stevenosa(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2012
One of the easiest way of getting a Driver's Licence here in Lagos is to register with a reputable driving school for at least, 3 months, after acquiring the basic knowledge of driving, ask them to help you with a DL and then you may be asked to pay 5k for that and then, in one (1) week or so, you will have your DL depending on the Driving School you register with. I have someone who can do same for 8k, including his transportation to Abeaokuta for the processing. One (1) week max. Note you are going to get the genuine DL.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by esoteric1: 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
Denn: Get a plain piece of paper, write your name, address, date of birth, sex and your signature. Affix a passport. Visit the nearest FRSC office, give a staff around 4,000......any staff of FRSC.....your valid driver's license is ready in 24 hours. You can learn how to drive later.
This is the truth and nothing but the truth, pls others should take note and remember to indicate ur blood group. Thats all
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Gentleboby: 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
lari03: @ George_D I think the question should be why is it possible for them to illegally produce a drivers license faster than the normal process entails, this is not just corruption but inefficiency at its worst, knowing the nature of Nigerians how many people will actually want to wait when they know there is a faster option?

Are we just got an independent ? Or the Govt is tired to move Nigeria forward ? Or what big deal in obtaining driving licence world wide ?.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by baba11(m): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
omokidew: Its super easy.. Come to Alimosho LGA with your name and phone number written on a piece of paper. Pay the 3k5 fee and expect your drivers license within 3 business days. Valid and fast. No test whatsoever.
u mean frsc office dere?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
those who are wise will follow the official way (www.nigeriadriverslicence.org).

else they will end up with fake licences.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by haren(m): 8:54am On Jun 19, 2012
Right now in Lagos I might say, u r not given a drivers' "nonsense" after having collected ur money u would be given a form with a date of expiration on it, and that same form would updated if it expires-God save us in the country,since last year february my wife had paid for drivers' "nonsense" and is yet to be captured not to talk of producing the card.
And d same FRSC will stop and ask u, show me ur driving nonsense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Mileage And Engine Performance / Mercedes Displays New Police Vehicles, Including X-class Truck / Aisha Umar - Female Taxi-driver In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.