Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,784 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

How To Get A Driver's License? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Get A Driver's License? (18266 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / New Plate Number And Driver's License / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Eazeee(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
bros just giv any v.i.o or frsc officer 5000 wit ur signature,date of birth,state of origin,passport & within 1 week u wil receive ur driving license dat u are an expert driver & dat u received d licence in Osun state while u re in Abuja. u can later go n learn driving wen u re ready wit ur EXPERT driving license in ur pocket.wat A funny con3
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by omicron(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Ibro27: I think this is the most easiest licence i've ever seen in Nig.
I just went to d yeye ppl office, i explain what brought me, they said it wil cost me 5500. And after 3 day i collected my stuff.
The funny thing is dat i don't know how to drive o.
same case It was with me. However, beware of fake agents!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by erico2k2(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Yorisb: The question however is, why bother when u can fluently drive without one? undecided
It must be that
1** You don't live in Nigeria
2** You have never driven or own a car
Try drive from one state to another without your driving licence then you will know if the Police and FRSC know thier Job or not
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
erico2k2:

Thats realy cool, I never k new they will test you, but the downside to your storey is that you aint got one yet
Cool it's like being in Limbo, so it's neither here nor there and yet people are been issued with licenses, at least someone offered to collect 10k to make one for me.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by ibelab(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Haba!! now i know why we hv very high rate of accident on our roads, thought before it was only bad roads. chineke meeeeee!! how can one hv driving license without going through driving school only in naija..Another failed system.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by supereagle(m): 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
Very easy to get in Nigeria.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Umunede(m): 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
It depends on what u want. If u want it dat same day, de can do it for u. For instance, I got my international passport within 24hrs. Just tell road safety or immigration people what u want, de will arrange it for u. I also got my international driver licence that allows me drive outside d country within 2 days. Just tell dem what u want and when u want it, trust those officials, de will arrange it for u. De can arrange anything as long as u are ready to pay and settle, U know now d naija way

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2012
lari03: @ George_D I think the question should be why is it possible for them to illegally produce a drivers license faster than the normal process entails, this is not just corruption but inefficiency at its worst, knowing the nature of Nigerians how many people will actually want to wait when they know there is a faster option?

well, it all has to do with us as individuals. not everybody prefers the 'faster option' as you're painting it.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by NwaNimo1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
Denn: Get a plain piece of paper, write your name, address, date of birth, sex and your signature. Affix a passport. Visit the nearest FRSC office, give a staff around 4,000......any staff of FRSC.....your valid driver's license is ready in 24 hours. You can learn how to drive later.

Lol - Nigeria - where everything is done backwards.

Our high number of casualties from car accidents should even be higher.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by eruudy(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2012
I just went to d yeye ppl office, i explain what brought me, they said it wil cost me 5500. And after 3 day i collected my stuff.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Omo no use laff kill me ... Imagine other posters saying it is rigorous .. Easy tin .. go sea office give em money den come back in 2days .... I got mine in 2days for Edo State and i can drive jack ... not even a bicycle ...
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by eruudy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
toluxa1: Can anyone please provide clear details [on what it takes to get a driver's license in Nigeria]?

Bros is your problem solved already ? Oya now u know wot to do ... Hope say u fit drive ?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Cupidkc(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2012
See different stories...
Well,for those dt wil lik 2knw,i vistd FRSC office in Owerri. They said i have 2pay #500 for the form 1st,then goto bank and mk another payment of #6300,nw goto VIO's office (in owerri) and mk anoda payment of 2k. Finally,u wl com bk 2 FRSC and mk d finally payment of #2500 for processing the DL.
Then come back in 24hours for collection.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Cupidkc(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2012
Cupidkc: See different stories...
Well,for those dt wil lik 2knw,i vistd FRSC office in Owerri. They said i have 2pay #500 for the form 1st,then goto bank and mk another payment of #6300,nw goto VIO's office (in owerri) and mk anoda payment of 2k. Finally,u wl com bk 2 FRSC and mk d finally payment of #2500 for processing the DL.
Then come back in 24hours for collection.

Well,i ran away from their office cos i knew the wanto rip me off.
I heard the FG reduced the cost to 4k.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by omicron(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2012
same case It was with me. However, beware of fake agents!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Cupidkc(m): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
eruudy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Omo no use laff kill me ... Imagine other posters saying it is rigorous .. Easy tin .. go sea office give em money den come back in 2days .... I got mine in 2days for Edo State and i can drive jack ... not even a bicycle ...
Guy u got laughing real good. But wait o,when did u gat the DL.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by yoged(m): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
Getting a driving licence isn't a big deal. I just renew mine last week in kwara state, i paid #4000, but #3100 was written on my receipt. I was given a form to fill,i also submitted 2passport. I dropped my mobile number. Withing a week it was ready. Its suppose to be 2days but since 'em machine wasn't working. It was sent to Ondo state.... So easy to get
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by nikkyshyne(f): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
jumman: Well I went to the road safety office the one at ojodu we were asked to pay about 4000 and also to drop our passport photogragh after dat we went to under a shed to receive lecture about driving signs. Then we were asked to go to anoda place where you will drive a car just to ascertain that you can drive after that we were given a date to come for captioning and ofcos they gave us some papers to carry about temporarily incase we were stopped on the road. But since then I have been goin there but they ve been telling us to come back because they don't want to use the old drivers liscense again and that the new one has not been approved.I still carry that paper about till now.
Yea, I heard about this. I think this seems like the genuine way. Though have heard we can "pass the queue by knowing a high official in the office. Most methods described by various Nairalanders here most likely fetch you a fake license.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by gbenga007(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2012
toluxa1: Can anyone please provide clear details [on what it takes to get a driver's license in Nigeria]?
I am not surprised at the kinda responses i am seeing on this thread. They are kinda hilarious. lol. However, lemme point that the new driver's licence form is filled online and paid subsequently in the bank.
Everything seems to be pretty hard in Lagos. Go to my village or any other town, even Ogun state, it is easier to process plus it is very genuine as againt the tedious and sometimes, insurmountable processes undergone here in Lagos.
The commonest ones people are highlighting here on nairaland is the usual 'fake' licence. Most people would readily obtain this to avoid the stress of obtaining a genuine one.
All the 'adverts' here are the fake ones. It costs just some coins. if i would renew mine, i would have to go to my state. Lagos is too costly plus nobody wants to sacrifice his/her time.
I hope this helps
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Luka316(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
@poster, u see some people just come here to say things they did in last two years fogetting that the new drivers licence is on now
The link posted by some one is the correct link(www.nigeriadriverslicence.org) although the price given there is 6k it still depends in the state, some state collect the 6k while some ask for more(like bayelsa were iam residing it cost me 8500 to get mine) pls iam talkin about the new drivers licenece not the old one, and I will not incourage anyone to do d old one because u never can tell this is naija they might come up with expiration date for d old one someday.

The process is this:
1. Fill the form online(www.nigeriadriverslicence.org)
2. Print out aknowldgement form and the validation page(this u have to be sure that all the information u fill correct or else u go to frsc(DLC) for them to correct it)
3. Take it to any of the bank u select from the online form and pay 6350 for ur licence.
4. Take the documents to FRSC(DLC) for capture and printin of ur drivers licence

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by nikkyshyne(f): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2012
Luka316: @poster, u see some people just come here to say things they did in last two years fogetting that the new drivers licence is on now
The link posted by some one is the correct link(www.nigeriadriverslicence.org) although the price given there is 6k it still depends in the state, some state collect the 6k while some ask for more(like bayelsa were iam residing it cost me 8500 to get mine) pls iam talkin about the new drivers licenece not the old one, and I will not incourage anyone to do d old one because u never can tell this is naija they might come up with expiration date for d old one someday.

The process is this:
1. Fill the form online(www.nigeriadriverslicence.org)
2. Print out aknowldgement form and the validation page(this u have to be sure that all the information u fill correct or else u go to frsc(DLC) for them to correct it)
3. Take it to any of the bank u select from the online form and pay 6350 for ur licence.
4. Take the documents to FRSC(DLC) for capture and printin of ur drivers licence
I think am comfortable with this. Amma try it. But where does the accredited driving school reference come in?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by kollistic(m): 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2012
Can you listen to yourself. You did it in 2010 and you are hear bragging about it. The whole process has changed, I did mine recently and it took me 2 months b4 I could get the original licence. Get your facts right
kilo88: Hey! Come to Lagos Island, just request for drivers licence , in less than 24 hours you are done with a clean licence. I did mine in 2010, and is still very valid! Use it to drive anywhere, show it to anybody who cares to check, banks , frsc ,police etc.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2012
supereagle: Getting DL is not no big deal in Nigeria. Just walk to licensing office, you will form and pay the fee. The deal is finished.

How is the " Deal finished "? No testing to see if the potential driver is actually fit to drive safely? This country is a comedy. What is wrong with us for God in Heaven!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by montelik(m): 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2012
I think people need to differentiate from either getting a first drivers license, or simply renewing an existing drivers license. Renewal is a fairly easy and speedy process. Getting a first one can take more time, but as with most things in 9ja if you know "the way" it can be very quick.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Koolwilly(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
jumman: Well I went to the road safety office the one at ojodu we were asked to pay about 4000 and also to drop our passport photogragh after dat we went to under a shed to receive lecture about driving signs. Then we were asked to go to anoda place where you will drive a car just to ascertain that you can drive after that we were given a date to come for captioning and ofcos they gave us some papers to carry about temporarily incase we were stopped on the road. But since then I have been goin there but they ve been telling us to come back because they don't want to use the old drivers liscense again and that the new one has not been approved.I still carry that paper about till now.
we are in the same situation. I HAVE applied since september last year, till now they said they have not started capturing.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by 55gal(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
I was in FRSC office last week wednesday,i was told to bring certificate from a driving school,driver's permit and pay 1k to VIO;then pay 6300k into FRSC ac.But i know the official price is 400k,that is the amount approved by the senate.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by calabaman(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
@OP: its a tedious process. I went to renew mine last month and was told production of original drivers has been stopped for the time being (MVAA drivers license station in sura Lagos Island). To renew i paid 3,400 as which they gave me an application form to fill. And later was asked to make a photocopy of this form and also a photocopy of my expired license. This photocopy was stamped and given an expiry date which is 30/09/12 five months later. Next, i was told to go to the VIO/lastma station to do a highway code test. Had to buy the highway code book for 500 and paid 100 for the test. Which i did and scored 15/20. Was given a test result, which i was told to return to the MVAA drivers license processing station. Then i was told to come back for inputting of my data (data capture DLC)into their database which am yet to do. As u can see very stressful process! For u getting ur license for the first time u would need proof from a driving school that u learnt how to drive with them. Cant remember hw much u wud have to pay, but u can contact me and get the tel number of the head of MVAA Sura station. Cheers!!!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by crowndotun(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
If immigratn office cud produce my international pp widin 24hrs, n also colectd driva licence tru a rtd-frsc officer 4rm ma neighborhood in 12hrs...... Corruption in Nigeria is indelible!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Yorisb: 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
erico2k2:
It must be that
1** You don't live in Nigeria
2** You have never driven or own a car
Try drive from one state to another without your driving licence then you will know if the Police and FRSC know thier Job or not

#2 that is! smiley
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
speedyboi:

You are lying!!!
Except u did your own corrupt parole, drivers licence takes months to get. Somtimes you have to be checking on them everytime to know whatsup with the process
Now shut ur mouth, he is totally correct. I seriously wonder why this made front page because its such a minor issue. Its not even road safety that did mine. Its as easy as writing ur data on piece of paper and adding red background passport.

Obviously the poster didn't bother to think where he could get one before coming here to ask. Rubbish thread. Nigerian passport Kpa Kpa can be made in one day talk of ordinary drivers license when blind man fit do.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by muffins99(f): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
Danka7777:

How is the " Deal finished "? No testing to see if the potential driver is actually fit to drive safely? This country is a comedy. What is wrong with us for God in Heaven!

Did you notice that bribery is being mentioned and 'liked' by some of the people here. Corruption is so ingrained in Nigeria that people can 'own' to it without fear or remorse!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by stuff01: 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
to get original drivers license,its not as easy as that.the vio is to do the testing while the frsc is to issue the license.if not,the vio will always claim your license is fake,if you are not captured by the frsc,ur dl is fake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Mileage And Engine Performance / Mercedes Displays New Police Vehicles, Including X-class Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.