Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award (4112 Views)

Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank / If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company / Best Bank For South African Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by igbo2011(m): 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89427:innoson-group-bags-2012-african-business-award&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

THE Innoson Group of Companies has won the 2012 African Business of the Year Award. The colorful ceremony which took place recently at Grosvenor House Hotel in London, attracted top business executives and government officials around the world.

Chief (Dr) Innocent Chukwuma (OFR), Chairman and Chief Executive received the award on behalf of the Innoson Group. The honour was in recognition of the group’s spate of successes in Nigeria and Africa.

Explaining further the enormous contributions of Innoson Group, Mr Galib Virani of Afren International, an upstream oil and gas company, recalled that Innoson’s industrial record is not only outstanding, but heartwarming.

His words: “Innoson Group represents the best of Nigeria and obviously the champion of Africa. It is a thing of pride to have such a high profile group in the African continent,” Virani said.

Six distinguished business experts – Jean- Louis Ekra Runa Alam, Amadou Ba, Barbara James, Sir Samuel Jonah and Tim Turner –formed the panel constituted by the Commonwealth Business Council and African Business which vetted the nominees and recommended the Innoson Group after assessing her business leadership skills as having the ability to overcome tough hurdles in a hostile business environment like Nigeria.

The team also considered the group’s meteoric rise into auto parts engineering, assemblage and manufacture of automobiles in Nigeria. According to their submission, “there is no doubt that Africa, especially Nigeria’s improved reputation today, is largely due to the achievements of leaders like Innoson Group, and we wholeheartedly cherish your exceptional contribution to the economic and social development of Africa continent.”

Innoson Group was nominated for this year’s award by the Bank of Industry. The epoch making yearly event was put together by African Business Magazine and the Commonwealth Business Council (CBC) in partnership with Business in Africa Events, United Kingdom. The series, which started some years, has become one of the most prestigious events in the African business calendar.

The awards, spanning up to 13 different categories, cover various segments which relate to the development of the African continent, and enabling environment for business to thrive. The 2012 event however coincided with the second Commonwealth Economic Forum whose theme focused on reshaping capitalism for global prosperity and sustainable growth as well as highlighting the positive impact of business on society.

What do you think about this?

6 Likes

Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by billante(m): 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Impressive!! The amazing thing about this is that innocent chukwuma is actually a dropout! He has no further education! If you hear him speak you will laugh! Unless he acquired it lately....but he has d best business acumen than those harvard, lagos business school graduates...he has natured a business to a conglomerate with little capital! Unlike dangote who was given 75 million naira cause 500k naira at 1978 is 75 million now.... his elder brother Gabriel of gabros united and Beverly hills hotel is also a good business man but his brother innocent has over taken him
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Afam4eva(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
I never knew he was the brother to the owner of Gabros. These Nnewi niggaz are making it big.

Congrats Innoson.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by billante(m): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2012
afam4eva: I never knew he was the brother to the owner of Gabros. These Nnewi niggaz are making it big.

Congrats Innoson.

Yes they are brothers! They were into motorcycle spare parts dealership before they expanded to other businesses.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by igbo2011(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
billante: Impressive!! The amazing thing about this is that innocent chukwuma is actually a dropout! He has no further education! If you hear him speak you will laugh! Unless he acquired it lately....but he has d best business acumen than those harvard, lagos business school graduates...he has natured a business to a conglomerate with little capital! Unlike dangote who was given 75 million naira cause 500k naira at 1978 is 75 million now.... his elder brother Gabriel of gabros united and Beverly hills hotel is also a good business man but his brother innocent has over taken him

Yes he is my nbusiness idol. I would love to work for him and help market for him more. I even made a facebook page for Innoson: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Innoson-Vehicle-Manufacturing/290790720936202?ref=notif&notif_t=page_new_likes

I think that Innoson has an opportunity to be as big as Toyota or Honda if we get the right investments. I would love to help him find more investors for research and development. Also market his product around Africa. Innoson buses would be great for other African countries to have. Once Innosn dominaes Africa we can go GLOBAL!!!

I am an economics and finance student with experience in marketing so I can help Innoson alot.

afam4eva: I never knew he was the brother to the owner of Gabros. These Nnewi niggaz are making it big.

Congrats Innoson.

NNewi business people are doing big things.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by aljharem(m): 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2012
Igbo2011, I am proud of you. It is always a breath of fresh air when we see Nigerians support her indigenous companies. It might not be a great support but a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step

Innoson nice one,

1 Like

Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
Congrats!

Good look! cool
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
How much did Innoson pay this unrecognized group before they dash him this award ?
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by fulfillment2020(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
Gud business acumen, these guys have brains and money thats the reason they flourish. Am a kinda happy for him,,,,,,Kudos Bro.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by fulfillment2020(m): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

How much did Innoson pay this unrecognized group before they dash him this award ?
Bad belle, go and jump into a burning furnace.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by shizzle11(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
^^ typical of a ne'er-do-well modaphurker that u are, go ask your wretched mum who couldn't feed your whack cranium wt the basic nutrients, oponu
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by shizzle11(m): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2012
^^ shut the f**k up you malnourished m0r0n; go ask ur wretched mum who couldn't feed your whack cranium with the basic nutients
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Wislet(f): 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
a very big congrats Innoson Group.
We are proud of you.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by miracle4(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
one word "impressive"
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by BigBenoski(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
1 day,I no say u go make me proud!
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Callimo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Monkey banana, sad sad. Go join ur bross them de bomb church. Na the business wey una sabi wella. Bingo

Kudos Innoson, Toyota don enter wahala for Naija grin grin grin
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Lisa1: 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
Good point
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Panzastrip(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Any thing about Ndigbo you are there to insult, well we know why it is because your region can not produce anything at all. Anuofia.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by NnaNna4(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2012
nigerians buy plenty of small cars.
I think his business strgy shuld b to make small cars @ cheaper rate
and infiltrate d african markt b4 xpandin in2 serious competition with likes of toyota
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Igbo man will always be on top, when its comes to clean business and making cool cash
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Mcdondayan: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

when i say you should stop eating bullshit that affects u cerebrum u ll think i hate you. Its just an advice. While ur brothers a busy hitting their heads on the mat, and throwing bombs, we re moving foward.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by fulfillment2020(m): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
shizzle11: ^^ typical of a ne'er-do-well modaphurker that u are, go ask your wretched mum who couldn't feed your whack cranium wt the basic nutrients, oponu
Die in greed and rot in Gitmo,,,,,,,ewu.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by samyng(m): 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
Congrats Innoson Happy for this guys
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by okpurukata(f): 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2012
The day I saw their buses Iwas like waaaoo. The guy is too much keep the flame on Bro. Congratss
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by LongOne1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nice one, this is encouraging.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Arysexy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2012
Congrats innoson, even with the unfriendly naija bizness environment, u still keep the flag flying. May ur effort be crowned with success. Am proud to identify with u.
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by HighChief4(m): 2:35am On Jun 19, 2012
I was expecting the poster of this to be Alj_harem cos he follows Innoson closely and have posted a few topics about Innoson.

@OP----Congrats to Innoson and I trust he will do more. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by igboboy1(m): 8:14am On Jun 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You know the difference between chukwuma and your Yoruba rich boys? His first name "Innocent" says it all....his money is innocent

1.MKO's wealth was through paddy paddy, ill acquired
2. Tinubu's wealth was through drug pushing, ill acquired
3. Adenuga's wealth was through paddy paddy, ill acquired
4. Femi otedola's wealth was through paddy paddy (u don see the lawan farouk episode kwa?), ill acquired.

I am yet to meet one Yoruba rich guy whose wealth has no controversy and can be easily dissected to determine its origin.

Innocent chukwuma doesnt have much cos he doesnt play paddy paddy, he is not in ABJ paddying with senators like Yoruba businessmen do....YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by achi4u(m): 9:01am On Jun 19, 2012
*Innoson is the first guy to import chinese motorcycle in nigeria.
*this guy is barely 21 when he build his first 3story house.
*go to St. Meachel Catholic church Umudim where he do compet with Coscharis group just to build that church opposit his factory.
*...and the story continue...

congrat Ifediaso Nnewi
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by Lisa1: 10:00am On Jun 19, 2012
Re: Innoson Group Bags 2012 African Business Award by aljharem(m): 12:50am On Jun 20, 2012
High_Chief: I was expecting the poster of this to be Alj_harem cos he follows Innoson closely and have posted a few topics about Innoson.

@OP----Congrats to Innoson and I trust he will do more. Nice one

Still following them and praying for them.

I have just been busy lately. How you dey na ?

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Gas Cylinder 6kg And Burner For Sale #6,500 / Nigeria’s Inflation Rises To 11.44% In December 2018—NBS / Best Hotel In Owerri, Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.