Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari (8955 Views)

North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe / RCCG Did Not Endorse Osinbajo As Buhari’s Running Mate – Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by youngies(m): 5:07am On Jun 17, 2012
Ahead of the 2015 elections, indications have emerged that Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd) of the Congress for Progressive Change may not emerge as the consensus candidate of the North, it was learnt on Friday.

In the past months, different northern groups have been holding meetings to strategise on the 2015 election and how to field a consensus candidate from the North to oppose President Goodluck Jonathan, should he contest for a second term.

However, in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH, the Convener of the Concerned Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, said although Buhari was likely to emerge as flag bearer of the planned merger of the CPC, the Action Congress of Nigeria and some other parties, “his poor relationship with other stakeholders in northern politics would make it difficult for him to emerge a consensus candidate for the region.”

Mohammed said the planned merger of the parties, if it succeeded, would be a welcome development, but advised that Buhari should allow the leader of the ACN, Bola Tinubu to lead the negotiations.

“As a democrat, I believe that a strong opposition and a strong parliament are very important elements of a constitutional democracy. Our presidential system makes presidents too powerful and there is a tendency for incumbent presidents or governors to take matters into their hands and deal shabbily or unconstitutionally with their opponents.

He said, “I’m for the merger. But I would have thought that a broader ideological arrangement would have been better. I don’t know what the CPC ideology is; if it has any at all. The ACN occasionally makes statements about being progressive. But being progressive in politics is about pursuing a clear ideology. I haven’t seen that from the party of my very good friend Tinubu.

“I hope that both in the course of the merger discussions and the eventual merger, if it happens, Tinubu would be a positive influence on Buhari so that Buhari can be a true progressive. At the moment I have my doubts.

“I hope this time around, Buhari would be wiser and he would also leave the negotiations for Tinubu because Tinubu’s background gives him greater leverage when it comes to discussions of this nature.”

Mohammed added that Buhari had not been part of the discussions for a northern consensus candidate, and so may not be accepted by other northern leaders.

“The last time the North discussed the concept of a consensus candidate, Buhari refused to participate, regarding the idea as an internal PDP affair, which was wrong, counter-productive for him and completely apolitical.

“He cannot deliver the presidency without other parties and I don’t know how willing other parties would be to play ball with him, given his attitude towards other parties and other initiatives.”

Similarly, the President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Yerima Shettima, said although an average northerner may like Buhari, the elite of the region would not accept him as a consensus presidential candidate for the North.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1788-2015-elections-north-may-not-endorse-buhari
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2012
Not my problem

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by alahamad(m): 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
Who cares what the elites think of him?....what's their percentage in the general population?.....

Abeg make they Shut Tha Fvck UP!!!!

Buhari and Tinubu should be wise enough to crack down those blood thirsty power demons...shikenan!!!
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Joey82(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2012
when u say north, u mean the elite north abi?
as far as i can remember, there is no time the elite class ever endorsed buhari.
the common man 'talkawas' are the ones that have always endorsed him.
nothing new jare.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2012
There will no election in the Boko Haram enclave in 2015, except you put your house in order.
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by krisokuweh(m): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2012
D worst is dat pdp will set u guys up with a bomb n nulify results frm ur zone, cos u guys re bunch of idiots who can not address first thing first. D pdp just sit down n watch u guyz fool urselves. I prefer a badluck to fanatics who can tear dis mybelove country apart

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by wandeay: 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
how i wish dis baba was aboard dat ill-fated aircraft, jst joking oo, wetin dey worry una sef, u don old, u stil wan fite for post meant for the 1970s babies, abeg go siddon dey look

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by NAJALYN: 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
Not interested and never will.
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2012
Ok
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by ochukoccna: 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Joey82: when u say north, u mean the elite north abi?
as far as i can remember, there is no time the elite class ever endorsed buhari.
nothing new jare.
+100
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by BuhariKaxaury: 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
who cares about the stupid northern elite?
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by hakwise(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
Na U̶̲̥̅̊ know stop nose pocking ...let them discuss whatever †ђξ outcome is ...its their business...more over U̶̲̥̅̊ sound like sumone scared of an alliance ...
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by ebamma(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
the use one hand to kill christians and use the other hand to endorse buhari,i hope bokoharam and buhari are not working hand in hand oh.
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by lacasa: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
ebamma: the use one hand to kill christians and use the other hand to endorse buhari,i hope bokoharam and buhari are not working hand in hand oh.

^^Correction,grin

PDP kills christians on the one hand aπϑ endorse On the other cool

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
Joey82: when u say north, u mean the elite north abi?
nothing new jare.
End of story
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
Will north ever produce president again? Did they ve candidate? Did u kno buhari manifestos? Maybe we can consider middlebeltan for president instead of abokis but buhari is out of fashion. Buhari rule in 1983 then i was one year old but today i will be 30 yrs old by 2nd july n he still want to be president. Haba u misplace ur quaran in aso rock? Send someone to get it for u buhari.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by musty1987(m): 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
not my pro. all i want is for PDP to get the hell out of corridor of power cool

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by BRUNO17: 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
We dont care....... angry
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by BabaAlaji(m): 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2012
4me I only bilivd in God if He gives u no 1 wil dia wit it, dat z all.
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2012
Endorsed or not, it's unlikely Buhari will ever rule Nigeria again.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by ladylucky: 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2012
If tinubu feilds Buhari he should kiss SE/SS/ middlebelt and half oof SW vote goodbye. If he knows wht is gud he had beta field FasholA or any other progressive. Sai Buhari's silence on Boko haram is deafening
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by Tadup: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Sun2july: Will north ever produce president again? Did they ve candidate? Did u kno buhari manifestos? Maybe we can consider middlebeltan for president instead of abokis but buhari is out of fashion. Buhari rule in 1983 then i was one year old but today i will be 30 yrs old by 2nd july n he still want to be president. Haba u misplace ur quaran in aso rock? Send someone to get it for u buhari.
he didnt enter Aso rock!!!
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by mekaboy(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
BUHARI OR ANY NORTHERN LEADER WILL BE PRESIDENT OF JIHAD REPUBLIC NOT NIGERIA, WITH THE AMOUNT OF PAIN THE NORTH IS CAUSING NIGERIA, I CANT IMAGINE ANYONE OUTSIDE THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIAN VOTING A NORTHERN PRESIDENT.

I KNOW PRESIDENCY SHOULD BE BASED ON INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATION NOT ETHNIC, BUT SINCE THE NORTH HAS BEGAN TO SOW THE SEED OF DISCRIMINATION, THAT IS WHAT THEY WILL REAP.

I WILL ADVICE THE NORTH TO KISS NIGERIAN PRESIDENCY GOOD BYE .

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by nijanigga: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2012
musty1987: not my pro. all i want is for PDP to get the hell out of corridor of power cool
yeye people, so you think Nigeria will survive beyond 2015? You ain't see nothing yet. When boko haram nad their collaborators in govt unleasshed terror,then your eyes will be opened.With all these lootings people are really fed up.
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by nagoma(m): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2012
wandeay: how i wish dis baba was aboard dat ill-fated aircraft, jst joking oo, wetin dey worry una sef, u don old, u stil wan fite for post meant for the 1970s babies, abeg go siddon dey look

I hope your papa , your mama and all members of your family are in the next air crash . Ediot!
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by debum(m): 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2012
the north want the president seat to rule them papa
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by nagoma(m): 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2012
Sun2july: Will north ever produce president again? Did they ve candidate? Did u kno buhari manifestos? Maybe we can consider middlebeltan for president instead of abokis but buhari is out of fashion. Buhari rule in 1983 then i was one year old but today i will be 30 yrs old by 2nd july n he still want to be president. Haba u misplace ur quaran in aso rock? Send someone to get it for u buhari.

Can the south rule Nigeria at all , let alone ruling it justly? They are unable to prove this , despite the decades of boasting about their high level of education and " civilization" . Nigeria is turning into Somalia and the all knowing southern government is helpless and blaming everybody except themselves. Fresh air indeed!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by remmydada(m): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
Who cares what the northern elites want but i know wit d way things are going both buhari and jonathan cant win in a free nd fair election

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by htajz: 12:15am On Jun 18, 2012
nagoma:

Can the south rule Nigeria at all , let alone ruling it justly? They are unable to prove this , despite the decades of boasting about their high level of education and " civilization" . Nigeria is turning into Somalia and the all knowing southern government is helpless and blaming everybody except themselves. Fresh air indeed!
NO NORTHERN nigeria is turninginto somalia because northerners want it that way , dont lump all of us together.
Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by maigaskiya1: 12:23am On Jun 18, 2012
mekaboy: BUHARI OR ANY NORTHERN LEADER WILL BE PRESIDENT OF JIHAD REPUBLIC NOT NIGERIA, WITH THE AMOUNT OF PAIN THE NORTH IS CAUSING NIGERIA, I CANT IMAGINE ANYONE OUTSIDE THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIAN VOTING A NORTHERN PRESIDENT.

I KNOW PRESIDENCY SHOULD BE BASED ON INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATION NOT ETHNIC, BUT SINCE THE NORTH HAS BEGAN TO SOW THE SEED OF DISCRIMINATION, THAT IS WHAT THEY WILL REAP.

I WILL ADVICE THE NORTH TO KISS NIGERIAN PRESIDENCY GOOD BYE .
shekaina

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari by nagoma(m): 12:34am On Jun 18, 2012
htajz: NO NORTHERN nigeria is turninginto somalia because northerners want it that way , dont lump all of us together.

Is there a president in Nigeria ?is there a government?

(1) (2) (Reply)

EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Calls For Harmony, Invites Youths For Peace Walk / ‘I’ll Remove Gov Uzodinma’- PDP’s Anyanwu Vows / Political Cartoons - That is not a Joke !!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.