Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! (10172 Views)

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Help Help: Hair Breakage I Am Turning Bald In The Front Of My Hair / Huh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 10:04am On Jun 17, 2012
i used have long full strong healthy hair, now bonding glue has damaged it. i'm doing research online but i'm little confused as most of the products are foreign. can anyone give me tips and alternatives that are closer to home? in a nigeria that is now more than ever focused on extensions i just want my natural hair back full and healthy. help a sister out please!!! cry
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by bthairextension: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2012
OHH...Dear , pls you also can check in GOOGLE, there are many salon can help you in local .

An Important Hair Care Note

When you choose a hair care product, DONT BUY CHEAP. Caring for your hair extensions is really important. If you're going to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars getting hair extensions, it's worth while spending a bit extra to get quality hair care products.Personally, I've tried a few of the cheap brands with extensions. I won't name those nasty brands of shampoo and conditioner, but if you want to find them,just go to the supermarket and you'll find a huge display of what not to buy. Why shouldn't you buy cheap haircare products? If it's used on your normal hair you can get away with it. But hair extensions won't be as forgiving. The hair will be harder to manage and won't last as long.But there is another reason I have found to avoid cheap haircare products. If you use the micro rings with the hair pre-glued to the ring, then some haircare products tend to break down the glue. The result is that the hair can shed or the rings can slip out. I have found the same problem can arise with fusion extensions.So what is the conclusion...Go to a specialty supplier of hair products or your hairdresser and have a chat about what's best for you. Alternatively you could buy from a reputable online seller, but you may not get the same level of customer service though.

Contact name : Lucy he
msn:b-trust@live.cn
email: bthairextension1@hotmail.com
Tel: +86-532 82876355Fax:+86 532 82876291
Mobile :0086-15020022162

Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 10:45am On Jun 17, 2012
thanks. but i don't really care for extensions right now. they are what got my natural hair to the state its in now. point me in the direction for natural hair care tips and products easily available in nigeria. much appreciations.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by queenesthr(f): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2012
You should start taking biotin supplements and MSM tablets.
Also use MSM gel on your hair.
Your hair will bounce back in a few months.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by ayinba1(f): 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
First, stop applying any chemical agents to your hair.
If you must, even though i would discourage it, use a loose fitting wig when you go out.
Allow your hair to gradually grow back

Try to get "mai nshanu" from the north or from people that have contact with bororo jays / fulani cattle rearers.

Under no circumstances should you attach anything to your hair, that is if you don't want to totally become iya eko.
I hope this helps.

FYI
I went natural about 4 years ago after working with a dermatologist, my hair is the longest it has ever been.
If you do not have mainshanu, try to get a potent steroid ointment for the patchy areas.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by tpia5: 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
stop using chemicals and attachments so the hair can grow back.

you can start reusing them after the hair has grown.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
mainshanu, potent steroid ointment,biotin supplements and MSM tablets, MSM gel?

could you please make these easier to understand and find smiley

im really appericating these inputs, thanks so much.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by ayinba1(f): 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2012
Betamethason valreate ointment is a good steroid to apply.
Mai n shanu means "cow's oil/fat" you can ask anyone brave to travel north of the niger to get it for you or obtain from the nomads. It does not smell good though!
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2012
thanks alot. smiley
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by darkgemini: 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
sadwont going without relaxers untill "further notice" break my hair more?

waiting 3mths interval is good enough.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by darkgemini: 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
slyowokoya: sadwont going without relaxers untill "further notice" break my hair more?

waiting 3mths interval is good enough.

no hon it won't. Your hair will be a lot healthier.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by tpia5: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
wont going without relaxers untill "further notice" break my hair more?

relaxers are what break the hair.

stopping relaxers will allow the hair to grow.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 11:18am On Jun 22, 2012
i know about hot oil treatments and how to apply it, but how do i do a deep conditioning for my hair?
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by darkgemini: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
slyowokoya:

i know about hot oil treatments and how to apply it, but how do i do a deep conditioning for my hair?

After shampooing your hair, apply your deep conditioner paying close attention to the ends of your hair then wear a shower cap and leave it for an hour or more.

After an hour take a wide tooth comb and gently comb your hair starting at the ends and work your way up to the roots.

Afterwards rinse your hair in one direction to prevent tangles then dry and apply your hair moisturiser followed by an oil (olive oil or coconut oil will do) of your choice to the ends.

The above is how you deep condition.

Just deleted my previous post by mistake and too lazy to retype.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2012
thanks so much y'll.

any fast grow advice for my front hair line?

its really bad.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by slyowokoya(f): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2012
update....

iv not attached anything or used relaxer in her hair for 5weeks now, i can already see improvement! my scanty front hair lines is actually starting to fill out. im still seeing hair breakage though everytime i comb my hair which is once a day now went its not in weave.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by Tolueneno(f): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
u can try forever volumizer shampoo and conditioner.not only does it nourish ur hair.it gives it volume.forever also has msm gel........u can call me if interested 07030571605.personally,i spend money on my hair.it gives me confidence and it never ceases to attract attention.also try to put a space of 3months between your hair relaxing.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by solsy(f): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2012
You can try shea butter too. U can mix it with coconut oil and adin dudu(don't know the englush name for that).It works but you really have to be patient
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by solsy(f): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2012
You can try shea butter too. U can mix it with coconut oil and adin dudu(don't know the English name for that).It works but you really have to be patient
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by Ogamgil(f): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
My dear i was once in ur condition.let me tel u what i did dat my hair is nt only long but ful and healthy. At first i went 2 d salon and steamed my her also cut d mouth becus of d week ends. Den i used coconut oil and soulmate hair grow cream on my hair. I relax my hair after every 3month. And i do lots of fixing. No chemicals.
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by gunuvi(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
Our virgin coconut oil has been working wonders so far according to testimonies from our customers.
I will advise you use coconut oil for your hair everyday for a month and you will be surprised.
We are a Virgin Coconut Oil company based in Badagry, Lagos.
If you will like to order, Call 07026015480 or send us a mail sebasicoconutltd @ gmail . Com
We deliver to anywhere in Naija
Thanks
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by naturalbrwn: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Simple: Get Castor oil. Apply it on the area in question 3-4 times weekly. It worked well for me smiley
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by lordfavour(f): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2012
PLS, WHAT IS CASTOR OIL?
Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by queenesthr(f): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2015
Amazing hair food made of all natural ingrdients - Aloe, Herbal extract, Rose oil, Chamomile, Menthol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Castor Oil, Peppermint, Papaya Extracts, Vitamin A, Carrot Extracts, Shea Butter and Essential Oils.

For incredibly long hair - massage into clean scalp thrice every week.Adds length,volume and thickness.

Repairs hair line

Helps to reverse thinning hair and hair loss.

Always sleep with satin hair bonnet for optimal results.

JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL ALSO AVAILABLE

contact 08034708929 or chynweod@yahoo.com

Place your order on konga.com/queenesther-s

Re: Please Help Me, My Hair Is Turning To That Of Mama Eko!!! by LondonTruman: 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
I am struggling with hair problems as well, I don’t really know how to help you. Though there were some hair care tips on https://wisebarber.com/difference-between-fade-and-taper-haircut/ that I came across. You can try those tips.

(1) (Reply)

ZARA Bodycon Dress Selling For As Low As 2,000. / Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker / Greatguy01, A Nairalander, For Top40 Spot At Mr Ideal Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.