Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts (13530 Views)

N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by omicron(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
President Jonathan Expresses Sadness Over Sunday Blasts

Abuja President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed sadness over the multiple explosions that rocked churches in Kaduna and Zaria on Sunday.

Jonathan expressed his sadness in Abuja at a special service to commemorate the 2012 Fathers Day.

When called upon to give his remarks, the visibly gloomy Jonathan said he received the news of the blasts in the course of the service and was really sad about the development.

“Particularly today, I was quite thrilled about what was going on in the church and when I got the information that while we were here, there were explosions in Kaduna and since I don’t even know the casualty rate and what is happening; I have been quite sad and I didn’t even want to say something.

“But when the priest orders you, you must say something.’’

The president said he had consolation in God who is capable of handling every situation and healing the nation.

He solicited the support and prayers of every Nigerian for the peace of the nation and for the success of his administration.

Earlier in a message entitled “Sovereign Fatherhood of God’’, the guest speaker, Prof. Jerry Gana, said failure of leadership of homes was responsible for the failure of the society.

He noted that to build a solid society, the people must build good families by raising responsible and God-fearing children.

Gana said one of the key roles of a father was to provide guaranteed security for his children.

He prayed that God would move to rescue the nation from its present state of insecurity characterised by suicide bombings and attacks on places of worship.

Gana called on the congregation to put its hope in God.

He read verses of Psalm 91 declaring God as the refuge of the nation and the leaders and the entire nation.

The first segment of the service witnessed Bible teaching led by the Chaplain of the Aso Villa Chapel, Rev Obioma Onwuzurumba.

The president opened the second segment and the main service with the Bible verses taken from the Book of Saint James Chapter 1, Verses 2 to 4.

This was followed by reading from the Book of Psalm 91 taken in sequence by the fathers and mothers in the congregation in the spirit of the day.

The First Lady, Dame Patience took the First Bible reading from the Book of Psalm 29, 1 – 11 while the second reading from Ephesians 3: 14 – 24 was taken by the Bayelsa Governor, Seriake Dickson.

Special songs were rendered by an all-male choir led by the president and prayers were offered for peace, security and prosperity of the nation and for divine guidance for the leaders.

In the congregation were former Bayelsa governor, Diepreye Alamieyesegha, Ministers of Police Affairs, Caleb Olubolade, Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, and Information Labaran Maku.

The Executive Secretary of the National Christians Pilgrim Commission, Mr. Kennedy Okpara, some members of the diplomatic corps and presidential aides were also among the congregation. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/jonathan-expresses-sadness-over-multiple-blasts-in-churches/
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by Ojigho: 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2012
How did he express his sadness grin grin? By laughing and looking so sheepish I guess. I watched the church service on channels tv,seriously Uncle Johna didn't look sad and in distress. I almost laughed when he and some fathers of the day gave a choir rendition. Anyway I just remembered that "terrorism is something we should come to live with". grin

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2012
has ebere cried yet?
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by omicron(m): 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
But it's not by being sad now or by crying that the problem will go away.
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: How A Bomb Expert Should Dress Before
Touching An Ieds by Beaf: 3:15am On Feb 16
RICHIE BOI:
How sad and yet 1 trillion naira was voted for
security in this country. Nigerian Bomb Squad
indeed!
Beaf:
Voted when?
It is just two months ago since the budget was sent to
the NASS, it hasn't even been passed yet. Aside from
that, the fiscal year it would start in is still a couple
of months away.
Why do you want to say ridiculous things?
I hope those who were against the size of the
security vote would do a rethink. Anyways, most of
those people are either sympathizers or members of
boko haram who are scared that the increased
budget would enhance the capabilities of the security
services to sink them.

@ beaf what do u have to say after 4 months or they still never release budget?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2012
I think for once we should all discard our political, social and religious daggers and consider the fact that at this point it could happen anywhere in Nigeria.
GEJ can only do what GEJ can only do. and it is not enough. we all need to begin to accept the FACT that We are on our own on this one. remain vigilant and start growing a spine when 2015 comes around

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by EACBLAZE: 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
Same old reaction, Try another pattern Mr GCFR do something, go an extra mile
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by mikuz(m): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
Naija media sef. Should he had expressed joy towards it? I knew a thread like this could make the FP. Smh.
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by pawesome(m): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
Ehen...dis ws wt  ws waiting 4....4 d clawn to say dis.dis is hw he will cntinue condemin dis act until it happens to him....wt a fool 4 a president.is only in nigeria dt u̶̲̥̅̊​ get a medicine afta u̶̲̥̅̊​ re dead....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by ukpaku: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
i pray that god should intervene in this period of trials, and at the same time we christian should find a defencive tactics, may b by bombing some notable mosque around then they wil no hw painful it is.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by damion91(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
LET PRAY FOR THE PEace And Unity Of THIS Country Nigeria. Let us all Christians know it that GOD has not forgoteen Us Not now or ever. Let Us Keep our Faith and be prayerfull in all .may God bLess you ALL
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by valencia25(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
Sad Sad
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by Mutee: 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
For how long will this man keep condemning before acting?
I'm really sorry for this country.
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by wandeay: 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
another crocodile tears in disguise, he should bring the useless, idiot, mad boko haram 2 book rather than expressing sadness, we Nigerians are tired of 'RIP', we need 'CONGRATULATIONS'
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by spartanian(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
we dont want sadness but action

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by mikecashes(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
I laugh in idoma. Everybody shuld fight for itself and waiting for some folk who are well protected.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2012
Meaning? What do we stand to gain 4 his saddness? How many times will he be sad in a month? Bullshit!
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by whealthy(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
Everybody is sad, why is his own sadness special? Him for happy before? Abeg, make i drink Kunu
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by SisiKill1: 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2012
What does he mean. . Particularly Today

Did he really expect the eediots who had no qualms bombing people to smithereens on Christmas day, Easter, Independence day to take a break because it's father's day?

Dude needs a smack upside the head. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by lacasa: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
i watched dis;-

The dumb4uk had a smile on his face the whole time he spoke on the bomb blasts angry

Now i am convinced He has a hand in these bombings across the country

Bloody Vampire BokoHaram President angry

God will punish U̶̲̥̅̊ n Your cohorts

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
Jona wept! cry
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by nagoma(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
FRESH AIR!! Alams was also there.
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by missagbaa(f): 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2012
President jonathan expressed sadness? That's so thotful of him and it has contributed enuf †☺ τ̣̣ђё good of dis country. Person wey im house dey burn,dey purse rat?"He(president) has gone †☺ so many countries for peace keeping dis year and yet,his own house is a mess.sometimes i wonder if he knows these ppl or even have a hand in all these bombings.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by moderatorr: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
if mr. President didn't say a thing on the blasts critics will still talk.
Why is attention on the president when kaduna state has a governor and police commisioner?
Those people will never do their duties until all attention turn to them.
The Juvernor was quick in declaring a curfew but not quick in protecting his people.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by las240s(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2012
As much as i believe in GOD and prayers i believe we Nigerians have been so Foolish in how we so believe everything should be prayed for...very soon we will take our damaged TV boxes to pastors or imams for prayers instead of a technician.
we keep saying pray for Nigeria,i personally believe that if prayers were to be the solution as of today Nigeria would have been the best country in the whole world my reason is because we are one of the most prayerful and religious nations of the world..please lets take the bull by the horns the more we sit down fold our arms in the name of Lets pray we will continue to die in our thousands..we need to act and fast....lets take our destiny into our hands lets rise in one voice and Cive our Government an ultimatum of 1 month to deal with this manaice or step down... this is the only way i swear down...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by bright007(f): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
Its now very clear that ťĥĕ government led by Jona has failed woefully in ťĥĕ area of protecting lives $ properties.
Can someone pls tell me where I can get å bomb-proof /bomb-odeshi so dat I can protect myself incase of d unexpected.
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by dolpaz: 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2012
moderatorr: if mr. President didn't say a thing on the blasts critics will still talk.
Why is attention on the president when kaduna state has a governor and police commisioner?
Those people will never do their duties until all attention turn to them.
The Juvernor was quick in declaring a curfew but not quick in protecting his people.
@Moderatorr, i wonder ooo...i have read all tru 9ja comments and they are all pointing accusing fingers toward Jonathan..what's the governor nd CP doing about it..Lets be quick to hear but slow to speak..If you were the president, what would you do?? are you also gonna behave like OBJ when he Ruined a particular place??let the governor nd police do their work jare !!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by charlsecy4(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
Our president seems to have already made drafts of speech to make whenever there is bomb blast. He only have to change the date, time, location and the number of casualty.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by ismhab(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan when are u going to call ur soldiers‏ ‏‎(BOKO HARAM) to order.
Re: Jonathan Sad Over Kaduna Sunday Blasts by hillsate: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2012
Mr president sir, everyone has the capacity to be sad and thats not what we elected (elected?)you for.
God allowed you to be president, you have the constitution and you are the commander-in-chief of the armed forces and you are still asking God to intervene?
You want God to come down from heaven, search for the bombers and their sponsors then prosecute them?
Common Mr president, leave God out of this. All you need to stop all these senseless killings is in your power.
Haba! you no go wake up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ At A PDP Rally In Akure On Saturday - Beautiful Pic / Osinbajo, Oshiomhole Behind Ogun APC Crisis – Anisulowo / No human being can soothe poverty nurtured for 14 years in 4 years - Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.