Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition (23343 Views)

Ogun State Government Lands Acquisitions Area (ratification/recertification) / New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah / Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by lansha2006: 2:38am On Aug 12, 2012
The law, Weldone. Please advise on how long it will take to get land information certificate. I have submitted all the required documents over 3 months ago but far from receiving the land information certificate. Please assist
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by lawyer(m): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
It takes maximum 1 month to get it out. If you have submitted it 3 times it's either your work has a query to the person helping you is trying to scam you to collect money for work not done.

Cheers
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by bissalla: 7:45am On Aug 16, 2012
Oga Lawyer,
Pls inbox me your phone number and email adress @
bbgyet@gmail.com.
I would like to discuss something private with you.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2012
Dear lawyer,
There is a portion of land I intend to buy in Badagry. My brother is helping me negotiate the purchase process. I was informed that the seller will give me a deed of assignment and a survey plan.The seller also said he will process the C of O upon purchase(if I get my brother right).
I sought advice from a friend of mine and he told me that land in Badagry is highly prone to the pranks of the omoniles and that sometimes, the Obas get involved. He told me to be careful.
I plan going to check on the land by Monday. I will like to know if I can contact you to help me verify the authenticity of the land. I plan calling you to explain details.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by thirdi(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hello Lawyer thanks for the wonderful job you are doing ... thephysical inspection carried out by the DLR what are the things they look at?
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by Babamos(m): 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thanks so much for your enlightenment and concern. I had an acre of land along Badagry road, precisely before Oko Afor road and having done the survey twice, the first being not duly registered for C-of-O processing which necessitated for the second survey plan at Alausa.
Quite unfortunately the landed property fell along our amiable Lagos state Governor Ten (10)lane expressway and other part was said to be used for a certain recreation centre. In view of this development. I later discovered that some power that be in Lagos state have used their position to divert and are presently building on their own portion right beside mine.
Please advice on what step to be taking as this property had gulp all my life savings considering the six couch level fencing I have built on it.
I await your response via my email:
Babamos_ng@hotmail.com
Thank you and God bless.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by ifybabe2: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
I want to know what is the different between CoO and Governor's consent. Also if one have Governor's consent do you still need to process CoO.

Regards,
Ify.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by adedara123(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ify babe, c of o is done once.if the property do nt have c of o b4 u bought it,u go 4 c of o but if it has c of o, u go 4 gov‘ consent.if it has gov‘s consent b4 u bought it u will still go 4 consent.hope u understand.for more, please call 08022960248.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by jidebobo: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
House pls help me out ooo. I bought a plot of land through a lawyer with a tipper of sand by May, 2012.I was surprise on getting to my Land I saw 3 shops built and even used the sand on it. Please what can I do?
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 29, 2012
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by adedara123(m): 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ytechconst: Hello Dlaw,I am a regular contributor on nairaland property section. Sir i see the great job you are doing, its only God that can reward you. Sir i want you to expantiate more on how important is Governor's Consent. I have this client i am proposing to construct a mini estate for at Omole phase 2, i av gotten the land which is 8500 square metre, my client is UK based but he just employed a lawyer to represent him in all the process of the land acquisition. I took the lawyer to the land and i handed the copy of d C of O and survey of the land to him to make his search, after the lawyer finish his findings he told my client that he cannot advice him to buy the land because it does not have Governor's Consent, so i am wondering if the lawyer really know about properties because with my 10years experience in this real estate and construction profession what i knw is that if you buy a land with C of O you have to process the Consent after buying, even if the Land has Consent you still have to re apply for you own Consent after buying, Sir please kindly judge me if i am right or wrong on this. If i am right about this then i will need to forward your contact to my client so that he can get full information from you because i doubt if the lawyer is an experienced property lawyer or he is just playing pranks on me in order to knock out the land. I will expect to hear from you soon.
u are right,since the property has c of o before now,the current owner will be the one that will go for gov‘s consent.

1 Like

Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by jidebobo: 11:37am On Oct 03, 2012
House pls help me out ooo. I bought a plot of land through a lawyer with a tipper of sand by May, 2012.I was surprise on getting to my Land I saw 3 shops built and even used the sand on it. Please what can I do?
house help contribution on this matter.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by Venchy: 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
Vital info as usual, God bless
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by sureboy1: 11:31am On Jan 25, 2013
Lawyer, thanks for your column that sheds light on dark issues in real Estate. Pls i need you to help with
the process involved in ratifying federal C of O title to State C of O in the purchase of Land @ Ikeja GRA and how much it costs.
Thank you
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by segzy1979: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2016
There house, pls if a land is charted as Agric, what is the implication of buying such land? Is the land under government acquisition? Is the survey going to carry free from government acquisition or not? Please advice me according.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by blank(f): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2016
segzy1979:
There house, pls if a land is charted as Agric, what is the implication of buying such land? Is the land under government acquisition? Is the survey going to carry free from government acquisition or not? Please advice me according.

I think it means that the land can only be used for agricultural purposes and nothing else.
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by obidevine(m): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
lawyer:
P:S: Finally Note of Warning. [size=18pt]Lands in Lekki/ Ajah/ Epe that are Under Government Acquisition will not be Regularized for now because there is a Suspension of Ratification of Lands there by the Lagos state Government and they are not giving any land there Approval, documents or C/O[/size]. So be very smart and not buy lands that are Under Government Acquisition in Lekki/Ajah Unless you will have yourself to Blame.Rather go and buy lands in the Lekki/ Ajah Areas that Have Documents such as A C/O, Governor's Consent or Gazette. Do a proper Search before you buy there or call me to Assist with the Search on 08077943514 0R 07036681104 or face the wrath of the Ministry of Land.

Contributions and further education on this issue will be welcomed and thanks to the Ministry of Lands Alausa for granting access to use their Materials for this Article.

Cheers

Nairaland Lawyer

Very fantastic information
Re: How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition by Mekspeeglobal(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2019
Wonderful. Anyway am a surveyor, in case you need my service you can call me on 08038262164

(1) (2) (Reply)

AMITY ESTATE SANGOTEDO. ALREADY RESIDENTIAL ESTATE / Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? / Breaking: Fire At NITEL Building In Marina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.